Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Is next gen Alien Isolation any different from the previous gen's version? I really enjoyed it on the 360, I wonder if the graphics jump is worth getting it again. Does the Alien behave any differently or is the visual appearance the only difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why does golden sale seemingly translate to anime sale?
Because Anime is Golden

Is this Golden Week sale on the EU store too? I only see the Spring Savings sale there. e: Oh wait, is it the "Save 70% on PS3/Vita games" sale?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not that I can see :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It isn't on the EU store, we just had a big spring sale.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

turdbucket posted:

Edit: also I was in Japan not long ago and visited Nakano Broadway where the game takes place, was pretty surreal wandering around getting flashbacks to a loving digimon game lol.

Holy poo poo, that's why Nakano seemed so drat familiar when I was there a month ago.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

univbee posted:

Starting to show for me. Here's some from the first page:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night 40% off

It's time.

Edit: Wait "40%" means $35 for this year old Vita game really. I would rather buy thew new Ratchet for $40

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 27, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new Ratchet is an actual good game unlike P4DAN so you should do that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh Snapple! posted:

So I'm eyeing Digimon pretty hard in this sale. Is it particularly grindy?
It can be if you play on Hard, though you can powerlevel one of your dudes with the others to work them through evolutions toward becoming a tiny god. Some bosses will really eat your lunch if you're not powerful on Hard.

Normal you can probably do whatever

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Shnag posted:

Is next gen Alien Isolation any different from the previous gen's version? I really enjoyed it on the 360, I wonder if the graphics jump is worth getting it again. Does the Alien behave any differently or is the visual appearance the only difference?

Digital Foundry did a comparison of all 5 versions, quite technically orientated and focused on the graphics. It's basically the same game on both console generations, graphics and loading times aside, as I understand.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BadAstronaut posted:

Oh, Thursday? OK.

Hmmmm if those are the PS4 games then I don't think I am going to complain this month. Feels strange, man.

Oh, you can still totally complain if you wanna. iirc that version of Tetris is awful. I don't know if they fixed it but I seem to remember it having really bad framerate problems and being an all round pile when it first came out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm always impressed that Ubisoft managed to release a version of Tetris in 2015 that doesn't have a stable framerate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I'm always impressed that Ubisoft managed to release a version of Tetris in 2015 that doesn't have a stable framerate.

they released like 5 games over 2 years that all use the same buggy psn friendlist code that freaks out if you have over 100 people on your list

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS+ list, sorry no Watch_Dogs or badtris

Tropico 5 (PS4)
Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (PS3)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS Vita)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Table Top Racing is a console port of a f2p racing game on iOS. Lol.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Table Top Racing is a console port of a f2p racing game on iOS. Lol.

I normally make a point of at least adding every PS+ game to my library even if I don't want to play them but in this case I doubt I'll even bother.

Maybe Tropico will be fun though?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

univbee posted:

Tropico 5 (PS4)

Cool, I don't have those.

Switch Galaxy... is that by WayForward? Any impressions?
Same for LocoRoco, is it pretty much the same for the PSP games?

Also, Ni-Oh is really cool!

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 27, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

univbee posted:

Tropico 5 (PS4)

How is Tropico on consoles? I can't imagine playing a city sim with a controller.

Also, I already own half of this stuff, and the other half is pretty lame, but whatever. Maybe there'll be a nice sale in May.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Obligatory reminder: BC Rearmed 2 is one of two Capcom games which require persistent PSN connectivity because it was released back when you could activate 5 PS3's to an account and that was Capcom's way to counteract the rampant account sharing going on.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Ooh, no Tetris and a PSP game? It's a great day to be alive!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Ghost of Sparta the first or second PSP one? Not sure if I've got that or not. Tropico 5 is cool, I guess?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait there was a Locoroco game on PS3?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Is Ghost of Sparta the first or second PSP one? Not sure if I've got that or not. Tropico 5 is cool, I guess?

Second one. It's the one where Kratos goes looking for his brother.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

univbee posted:

Obligatory reminder: BC Rearmed 2 is one of two Capcom games which require persistent PSN connectivity because it was released back when you could activate 5 PS3's to an account and that was Capcom's way to counteract the rampant account sharing going on.

Yep, that totally sucks. (Final Fight Double Impact is the other, for the curious.)

It does make it a perfect candidate for PS+, though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Discount Viscount posted:

Yep, that totally sucks. (Final Fight Double Impact is the other, for the curious.)

It does make it a perfect candidate for PS+, though.

It's also on PSNow which is, frankly, perfect for it given that restriction.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not the most exciting month since I got gifted Tropico 5 on the PC with all it's DLCs, but I am excited to get God of War on the Vita.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Montalvo posted:

I normally make a point of at least adding every PS+ game to my library even if I don't want to play them but in this case I doubt I'll even bother.

Maybe Tropico will be fun though?

Dumb as it may be it looks adorable. I also bought Catlateral Damage though so take that as you will.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tropico games are a great city builder where you are building a dictatorship in a small island nation. If you don't disable it, you can have peasants revolt and try to form a army to take you down, or you just get them killed by the secret police. Never played it on a console, but the PC is very fun and chill.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dewgy posted:

Dumb as it may be it looks adorable. I also bought Catlateral Damage though so take that as you will.

Hohokum is my favourite PS+ game, so I understand.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Anyone have any opinions on Deception IV: Nightmare Princess?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I was actually hoping for Watch_Dogs. Never played it but free seemed like the right price. :(

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I really wanted free tetris this month.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i put like a hundred hours in the previous tropicos so im happy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

wa27 posted:

You want a free tetris, but you do not want Tetris Ultimate. Trust me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tropico 5 is a very fun game that I don't regret buying, and hey maybe the insanely priced DLC might get discounted because holy gently caress it's like twenty bucks a pop!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay so in light of the unironic disappointment over the worst tetris ever and one of the most derided AAA releases of this console generation, what are the worst possible leaked games that people could get excited for and then disappointed to not receive? No Knack jokes, please.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

rabidsquid posted:

Okay so in light of the unironic disappointment over the worst tetris ever and one of the most derided AAA releases of this console generation, what are the worst possible leaked games that people could get excited for and then disappointed to not receive? No Knack jokes, please.
Knack Knack

Who's there?

A bad game.

Bad game who?

A bad game twice.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Knack Knack

Who's there?

A bad game.

Bad game who?

A bad game twice.

:golfclap:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

wa27 posted:

Type "free tetris" into your phone?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Tetris Ultimate kinda sucked anyway from what I played of it, the controls felt really weird. I'd look into Puyo Puyo Tetris instead if you can find it for cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Type "free tetris" into your phone?

Eh, it's just nice to have a version of Tetris on console for some local multiplayer. Last generation it was "Tetris Splash" for me, which was kind of lame but did the job. Tetris Ultimate, by all indications, doesn't seem worth the money. But it's the only one available and I'm not shelling out for an import copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

But anyway, it's not worth discussing anymore since those leaked games weren't real. Sorry to start a derail here. I'll try to get excited about Table Top Racing: World Tour :v:

• Locked thread