Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

HenryEx posted:

http://pastebin.com/SHTJHDPB

Again, copy the RAW Paste Data and paste it into Cheat Engine. You'll get a script called "Room Reward Script" that will guarantee a random drop after clearing a room.
Not ammo specifically, but should drastically increase the chances to find ammo, obviously. You'll have to clear at least 1 room before you can activate the script, though.

I may have to try that out. That sounds like a good time.

E: I can't actually get it to enable though. It just kind of hangs CE for a while when you try to enable it and never actually enables. I looked at it and it looks fine at a glance. I even tried just ripping out the cheat entry and putting it in another table and it still wouldn't take.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Digirat posted:

My favorite gun that is no good is the super soaker, because if there is a pit anywhere at all, every moron in the room is going in there.

Super soaker it's really good on the robot. One quick sweep and the whole room is electric death.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

E: I can't actually get it to enable though. It just kind of hangs CE for a while when you try to enable it and never actually enables. I looked at it and it looks fine at a glance. I even tried just ripping out the cheat entry and putting it in another table and it still wouldn't take.
Did you actually clear a room beforehand like i noted?

The "hanging for a bit" is the script searching for the room clear reward code to hijack it. Due to how the engine works, this code will only be in memory when it's needed, so - after you cleared a room once.

I just tried it, started the game, entered the gungeon, cleared the first room and activated the script. It only took a couple seconds to activate.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Super soaker it's really good on the robot. One quick sweep and the whole room is electric death.

Super soaker + rubber bullets is also amazingly good, it fills the entire room in seconds.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Is there an unlock for beating the Dragun after using the curse statue in Chamber 1?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Digirat posted:

My favorite gun that is no good is the super soaker, because if there is a pit anywhere at all, every moron in the room is going in there.

Flailing around and tickling an entire room to death on floor 1-2 is peak super soaker for me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
New patch

quote:

Added a new gun inspired by our trip to PAX East, the Poxcannon
Collecting Master Rounds with the <REDACTED> (secret character) now gives 1 armor instead of nothing
Fixed an issue which could cause hangs during dungeon generation
The High Priest's wall bullets will no longer spawn on top of players
Companions will no longer shoot <REDACTED> (secret character unlock)
Players can no longer take contact damage while using the Ring of Ethereal Form and Potion of Lead Skin
Fixed an issue which could prevent the Gun Soul from dropping
Transmogrified enemies will now correctly drop currency
Fixed an issue where some summoned enemies were dropping currency
Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the door when skipping the Door Lord intro
Dying in the Pilot's past now properly unlocks the Time Paradox achievement
Keyboard bindings are now use for Player 2 as well
Mimics can no longer be transmogrified
Added a fourth save slot (Slot D)
Fixed an issue where the Super Hot Watch and the Bloody Scarf interacted to pause the game for long periods of time
The Clone item will now work properly in Boss Rush mode
Fixed an issue involving turrets and the Rolling Eye
Fixed a rare issue where angering the shopkeeper in coop could result in both players being locked out of an active room
Mostly fixes

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Transmogrified enemies will now correctly drop currency GOOD
Fixed an issue where some summoned enemies were dropping currency BOOOO (no more farming the jammed zombie summons)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

New patch

Mostly fixes

Transmogged enemies dropping credits is huge. I feel like these patches are mostly on point which is pretty refreshing after Isaac's "nerf and bugfix" style of patching.

HenryEx posted:

Did you actually clear a room beforehand like i noted?

The "hanging for a bit" is the script searching for the room clear reward code to hijack it. Due to how the engine works, this code will only be in memory when it's needed, so - after you cleared a room once.

I just tried it, started the game, entered the gungeon, cleared the first room and activated the script. It only took a couple seconds to activate.

Yeah I had tried that. I restarted the game and it's fine now. Honestly it seems to make the game even easier than infinite keys. My first run with it died on the Dragun due to constant health drops sustaining a pretty mediocre run.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

gently caress, I was 1 key short of the 240 casings/5 keys thing a few days ago, that just got a lot harder.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Power of Pecota posted:

gently caress, I was 1 key short of the 240 casings/5 keys thing a few days ago, that just got a lot harder.

Kill the past with the Pilot and run a 9 curse run with him. Jammed enemies give out a lot more casings.

AlexJade posted:

Is there an unlock for beating the Dragun after using the curse statue in Chamber 1?

No, afaik.

quote:

Added a new gun inspired by our trip to PAX East, the Poxcannon
Collecting Master Rounds with the <REDACTED> (secret character) now gives 1 armor instead of nothing
Fixed an issue which could cause hangs during dungeon generation
The High Priest's wall bullets will no longer spawn on top of players
Companions will no longer shoot <REDACTED> (secret character unlock)
Players can no longer take contact damage while using the Ring of Ethereal Form and Potion of Lead Skin
Fixed an issue which could prevent the Gun Soul from dropping
Transmogrified enemies will now correctly drop currency
Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the door when skipping the Door Lord intro
Dying in the Pilot's past now properly unlocks the Time Paradox achievement
Keyboard bindings are now use for Player 2 as well
Mimics can no longer be transmogrified
Added a fourth save slot (Slot D)
Fixed an issue where the Super Hot Watch and the Bloody Scarf interacted to pause the game for long periods of time
The Clone item will now work properly in Boss Rush mode
Fixed an issue involving turrets and the Rolling Eye
Fixed a rare issue where angering the shopkeeper in coop could result in both players being locked out of an active room

Nice changelog to see! I'm loving the bugfixes.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

When's it get to PSN?

Also, this game is good.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
:negative:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i got that shopkeeper objective in curse mode with half a heart left for the last four or so rooms cleared. there was a jammed reaper in the last room and i pretty much just threw out a blank every time it tried to swing the scythe to make sure i got those last few casings

supersheep3000
Aug 28, 2015
God drat. Been playing this constantly at home after work. Managed to get to Chamber 4 with no hits from bosses. Unlocked so many guns, and had a nice little synergy on. Went into a room with an Iron Maiden and took a couple of hits. Down to half a heart. On my way to the boss....fell down a hole. Just didn't notice it at all.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
:lol: Just did a run where I threw the bomb cannon thing and the sailboat gun thing into a gun muncher and got a lowercase r. Then I found an Unfinished Gun and threw them in a muncher on the next floor and got the Origuni. Sometimes the game just needs to take a dump on you I guess.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
What on earth does the ruby bracelet even do? I cannot figure out what it does.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Hold down the fire button when you are completely out of ammo for a gun. (Its terrible, don't use it)

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

What on earth does the ruby bracelet even do? I cannot figure out what it does.

You can throw weapons by holding down fire for an absurdly long time after a gun runs out ammo. This does an OK amount of damage, the gun can be picked back up unless you throw it in a pit

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The super hot watch is very retarded and turns this game into baby mode.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Wolpertinger posted:

Getting the floor 2 shortcut was hard enough, but the floor 3 shortcut is just complete bullshit - getting 3 shields essentially means 'beat the first two floors without getting hit once'. it's a coinflip if i can beat the FIRST floor without getting hit once. I've gotten a no hit on the second floor /boss/ (not the whole floor) once. How have people managed to do it? By an insane fluke I just managed to get 3 shields after beating the boss on the first floor and then lost all of them in a few rooms when it started spamming really obnoxious rooms.

nah, you can get hit, just go buy all the armor you can after killing the floor 2 boss, and also get lucky RNG that throws a shield or two your way

gun knight armor pieces are great for this

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I assume just playing the robot and not throwing your face into bullets would be the easy way to get that one.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nighthand posted:

I assume just playing the robot and not throwing your face into bullets would be the easy way to get that one.

if you do that the requirement gets doubled

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Jibo posted:

:lol: Just did a run where I threw the bomb cannon thing and the sailboat gun thing into a gun muncher and got a lowercase r. Then I found an Unfinished Gun and threw them in a muncher on the next floor and got the Origuni. Sometimes the game just needs to take a dump on you I guess.

origuni is great with m+kb and poo poo tier with controller.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
There's this one room on Floor 2 with cells beside a narrow horizontal corridor, and it spawns a Lead Maiden in the middle with a Gunsinger buffing it from one of the cells

That room loving sucks. It's really hard to get around the Maiden to get a shot at the bard, and killing a buffed Maiden when you barely get a window to shoot is pretty rough

Anyone have a good strategy for that room?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can the cheat engine guarantee heart containers drop from bosses, or at least make the requirements less strict? It's such a demoralizing mechanic.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If you mean the flawless bonus, just get better at the game? The early bosses patterns seriously arent very hard.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I almost beat the Dragun. The Bundle of Wands carries hard! It turns out you can hex the daggers he throws into the walls to take some of the pressure off. I found out you don't have to shoot chickens either, you can just walk into them and get money. Except for the cursed chickens, because they're bastards. If I get any of the hex weapons early, I'm not even going to touch them until at least the 4th floor. So OP.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Waffle! posted:

I almost beat the Dragun. The Bundle of Wands carries hard! It turns out you can hex the daggers he throws into the walls to take some of the pressure off. I found out you don't have to shoot chickens either, you can just walk into them and get money. Except for the cursed chickens, because they're bastards. If I get any of the hex weapons early, I'm not even going to touch them until at least the 4th floor. So OP.

You can also hex Death with a little luck, and possibly even the Lord of the Jammed who follows you around when you're extremely cursed. I don't know if they're similar enemies or not but the grim reaper looking dude who shows up on floor 4 can most definitely be turned into a chicken.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lord of the jammed is completely intangible. You can walk through him and not get hurt so he certainly can't be shot with anything.

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down

Zorodius posted:

There's this one room on Floor 2 with cells beside a narrow horizontal corridor, and it spawns a Lead Maiden in the middle with a Gunsinger buffing it from one of the cells

That room loving sucks. It's really hard to get around the Maiden to get a shot at the bard, and killing a buffed Maiden when you barely get a window to shoot is pretty rough

Anyone have a good strategy for that room?

Usually after a couple of rounds the Lead Maiden will have hopped far away enough that you can pop into the cell that she was guarding and kill the Gunsinger. It's reasonably easy enough to dodge her stuff by ducking into another cell until you have your opportunity. That said, I agree that it's probably the worst room on that floor, though the one that has you fighting a Lead Maiden without any cover whatsoever comes close.

Is there any reward for beating the Old King besides that one item it unlocks? I was kind of expecting more given how elaborate the whole thing is, and killing him was enough effort that I don't see going through the trouble again.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Papal Infallibility posted:

Is there any reward for beating the Old King besides that one item it unlocks? I was kind of expecting more given how elaborate the whole thing is, and killing him was enough effort that I don't see going through the trouble again.
Doesn't seem like it, but to be fair, the item he unlocks is pretty gamechanging.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
As a controller user I usually just throw away the scarf because it messes with dodge rolling enough that it causes me to take a lot of damage

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Snazzy Frocks posted:

As a controller user I usually just throw away the scarf because it messes with dodge rolling enough that it causes me to take a lot of damage

It's incredibly powerful with m+kb, since once you get used to it, you can just jump to anywhere on the screen in an instant at any time.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Papal Infallibility posted:

Usually after a couple of rounds the Lead Maiden will have hopped far away enough that you can pop into the cell that she was guarding and kill the Gunsinger. It's reasonably easy enough to dodge her stuff by ducking into another cell until you have your opportunity. That said, I agree that it's probably the worst room on that floor, though the one that has you fighting a Lead Maiden without any cover whatsoever comes close.

I used to have trouble with Iron Maidens until I realized that being in the open is actually a good strategy against them. Their bullets don't all aim for the same spot, and a single dodge roll is usually good enough to avoid damage.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

is there any benefit to charging the compressed air gun?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Broken Cog posted:

Doesn't seem like it, but to be fair, the item he unlocks is pretty gamechanging.

What item does it unock? The wiki doesn't say.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

TaurusTorus posted:

What item does it unock? The wiki doesn't say.

http://enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/Bloodied_Scarf

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

They should have paid guns and roses to do a welcome to the gungeon remix of welcome to the jungle. SMH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Klaus Kinski posted:

origuni is great with m+kb and poo poo tier with controller.

I'd say more like okay with mouse and keyboard, it does poo poo damage either way.