Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Siets posted:

250B is space middle class only in the sense of a middle class old dude who did everything right planning for retirement like maxing out his employer's matching, roths, and just saving a lot and is now able to enjoy that.

I spent most of my eve career with less than 1B liquid ISK and maybe 2 or 3B in assets. Now I have a bit more in assets and recently sold ~30b worth of skillpoints from an old unused character. I was finally feeling rich and now I realize I'm still dirty poor.

Siets posted:

We need a new emote where the hen gets away and then Bernie makes the :smith: face.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
only if there's another emote where the fbi comes in and hands him the bird

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
Hillary numba juan

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god yes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

only if there's another emote where the fbi comes in and hands him the bird

Won't happen. I wish it would. But it won't.

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
Every time someone starts a new eve thread the posting gets worse.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zethe posted:

:shillary: supporter spotted.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

Won't happen. I wish it would. But it won't.

for a dude who believes in atlantis you sure aint got much faith

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

You will eat probations if you go way too overboard with the slapfighting in this thread.

Go get em videogames, make them eat probations for what they did to poor helpless page 10.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Dalael if it makes you feel any better I doubled my wallet yesterday when some highsec exploration stuff sold off orders. I can afford to lose a T1 cruiser now. You're not THAT space poor

Petition for Videogames to make a bait fit skiff named Pyerite

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
New pyfa is broken, won't let me mess around with dread fits :(

Ragnarok looks like it's going to be pretty loving bonkers once shield slave implants become available.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Zethe posted:

:shrek:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

Dalael if it makes you feel any better I doubled my wallet yesterday when some highsec exploration stuff sold off orders. I can afford to lose a T1 cruiser now. You're not THAT space poor

Petition for Videogames to make a bait fit skiff named Pyerite

When did you start playing EVE if I may ask?
If you started recently, we can always give you a headstart by sending you a couple millions.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

for a dude who believes in atlantis you sure aint got much faith

I don't have faith in the FBI doing their job properly when it comes to going after one of the most recognizable political figure on the planet.
but I still have faith in The Sandman!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
In space ships blow up

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Serpentis is striking back against the pubbie threat

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 27, 2016

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Dalael posted:

All of you who can welp a titan and pay for another one the same day disgust me. :colbert:

55% of all the new ISK faucet go straight to the top 1%, who own more Titans and supers than the remaining 99%. We live in a rigged economy in which PL have direct access to CCP :bernget:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dalael posted:

When did you start playing EVE if I may ask?
If you started recently, we can always give you a headstart by sending you a couple millions.

I have 54m, which doesn't seem too bad for a 10 day old character, I think.

I last played back in '08 with goons when we were moving into Delve but gave my accounts to squad members and haven't been able to recover them, so I started a new trial.

Speaking of my old accounts I googled one of the character names (the one that's in PL now, Naomi Ashikaga) and apparently there was some sort of homegrown involving it on GF.com that showed up in a public wiki page, got to see some titties. One of the better things playing EVE has done for me.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Serpentis is striking back against the pubbie threat

"Serpentis copyright police, please hand over your knockoff vindicator and report to the local authorities"

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I often wonder what it would be like to cut ties, start a new account and explore this gay rear end autistic universe as a normal pleb (instead of a spergy tryhard ganky pleb).

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sure, I agree that right now the incentives aren't there. What CCP plan to do to resolve that issue is beyond me because I don't work on the design team, though they seem to think the incentives right now are fine which I disagree with. I think CCP making Nullsec regions have exclusive assets to farm, like how WHs only get sleeper stuff iirc, would be a good step. Especially if its for the faction capitals they're working on as well as the pirate implants. Make those conquerable nullsec exclusive drops, and that's one way to make people want to fight over the resources/control the land.

I also think catering towards the people who don't want to log in and sit around for hours on end for a 10 minute fight isn't as bad of a thing as people make it out to be. I don't think it's some ~elite pvper~ mentality to want to be able to log into the game, and be able to go out and find PVP rather easily. Prior to the war people in CFC/Imperium were complaining about having to go 20 jumps just to find people to fight, where as in other areas it was less (excluding Drone Regions). I disagree with people like Chessur who think there should be instanced PVP arenas, since that goes against the spirit of EVE but I also think it's absurd that people think its a bad thing for CCP to work on making the players who don't have hours to spend on a singular fleet at a time be able to log in and frag nerds. The stuff Darius' guys are doing now is pretty much what I'm referring to in thinking that CCP should encourage that stuff. They're in a relatively decent area in terms of activity (both PVE & PVP) and they can find fights rather easily. Sure its not a massive battle to end all battles but for a variety of reasons CCP have chosen that those things aren't necessarily what they want to have happening.

I sort of feel like its cheating to use Querious as an example as that's a thunderdome with NIPs regarding sov structures.

This is a lot of words about nullsec politics and game balance that I largely agree with. It's just a shame it's coming so disingenuously from a group that insists on dropping a ball of supers on something as small as a loving 150 man cerb fleet and then posting the very next day about how "PvP is hard to find under the current model."

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
e: nvm

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Siets posted:

This is a lot of words about nullsec politics and game balance that I largely agree with. It's just a shame it's coming so disingenuously from a group that insists on dropping a ball of supers on something as small as a loving 150 man cerb fleet and then posting the very next day about how "PvP is hard to find under the current model."

They might actually lose one now. (Super)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I often wonder what it would be like to cut ties, start a new account and explore this gay rear end autistic universe as a normal pleb (instead of a spergy tryhard ganky pleb).

take the miniluv wallet with you, it lessens the impact of the non-bourgeoisie lifestyle

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Apparently you now get charged the full broker's fee whenever you modify a sell order rather than just when you make one. That's gonna be a big new ISK sink if it's intentional.

Tiberius
May 3, 2003

Xolve posted:

What's going to happen that isn't already happening?

Your supers are hosed.

Your going to keep bleeding members.

Boat is gonna keep bragging about running away.

Asher is going to continue making NC. FC's look competent.

CFC line members are going to start running out of space dollars.

Mittens is going to keep pinging about MBC 'screaming and bleeding' and how 'we're right where you want us'.

*you're

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup. GSF could cascade, you could blue up the rest of Eve for all time and spend the next several years popping Adderall for 48 hour hellcamp marathon vigils like the sad autists you are -- you're still not catching poo poo because people are either going to DT trick their poo poo out, clear bubbles and wait for you to snooze, or remain logged off until it's safe.

Line members that don't have trillions in assets from 5+ years of farming with dozens of carriers/ishtars can continue rat in the space we still have. Failing or in addition to that, they can continue to engage in the myriad of exciting PVE opportunities your ankle hugging blues have claimed as reasons they didn't really need sov when we chain evicted virtually all of them over the last several years.

Boat and Asher are farming your pets like a cash crop daily, the reddit entosis slaves are going to get tired of being farmed and the implicit promise that by joining the PL entosis slave camp your lazy bittervets would carry them not being fulfilled and gently caress back off somewhere they can maybe, one day, be more than a meatshield with upvotes and entosis links. Then we're going to move onto the next weakest link.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

LemonDrizzle posted:

Apparently you now get charged the full broker's fee whenever you modify a sell order rather than just when you make one. That's gonna be a big new ISK sink if it's intentional.

:shittypop:

RIP .01 ISKing.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius posted:

*you're

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup.

Yeah, bubblewraps exist to deny the enemy usage of their ships while you accomplish objectives... but we're already not using our supers

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Siets posted:

RIP .01 ISKing.

Are the bots still running? How can we use this to break them?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Are the bots still running? How can we use this to break them?

Big patches especially with mechanics changes usually break bots until they find a workaround.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tiberius posted:

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup. GSF could cascade, you could blue up the rest of Eve for all time and spend the next several years popping Adderall for 48 hour hellcamp marathon vigils like the sad autists you are -- you're still not catching poo poo because people are either going to DT trick their poo poo out, clear bubbles and wait for you to snooze, or remain logged off until it's safe.

this is correct -- even though my super isn't in nullsec ATM, i've just let the account lapse and will re-up that account when it's safe

the new sov system makes super having 100% optional

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
How long you think you can tell people to stay loghed off before they just never log back in again?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Siets posted:

RIP .01 ISKing.

On the other hand, rich traders now can effortlessly spend some tiny amount of money to just force small-time players off the market.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you're huffing farts again dude, gettin all daruna posty and poo poo

As opposed to the post he responded to?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Despera posted:

How long you think you can tell people to stay loghed off before they just never log back in again?

you'd be surprised, staying unsubbed and logged off was how we had to operate with supers between 2010 and 2016 except for the period right after b-r and before CO2 ate poo poo

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I've done it a couple times when I've made new accounts. It's actually pretty fun.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Not to mention if gsf supers log back on nothings going to stop ncpl from making the trip up north again

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

I do not, nor plant to ever, own a super so you complaining about my personal opinions because the space guild I hang with use a ship I don't ever use is sort of dumb.

If you can't get over what alliance a person is in then you're taking the video game way too seriously.

Look at Deadtear, he doesn't care who is in what group and just likes to post about how mad people make him. :buddy:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Despera posted:

No one who actively plays eve doe so solely to use their supers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Tiberius posted:

*you're

Line members that don't have trillions in assets from 5+ years of farming with dozens of carriers/ishtars can continue rat in the space we still have. Failing or in addition to that, they can continue to engage in the myriad of exciting PVE opportunities your ankle hugging blues have claimed as reasons they didn't really need sov when we chain evicted virtually all of them over the last several years.

Boat and Asher are farming your pets like a cash crop daily, the reddit entosis slaves are going to get tired of being farmed and the implicit promise that by joining the PL entosis slave camp your lazy bittervets would carry them not being fulfilled and gently caress back off somewhere they can maybe, one day, be more than a meatshield with upvotes and entosis links. Then we're going to move onto the next weakest link.

This reminds me of Sir HVAC himself

quote:

FAT has fallen, VC-V2 has fallen, 5-N has fallen. The final battle for FAT was supposed to be epic, and at russian primetime, today, got faulted by Evil Thug blowing up his own fleet with a doomsday.

No resistance has been seen after this. Sov has fallen, station is in BoB hands, sov will switch to BoB after tomorrows downtime.

Next please.

<insert goonie random spam>

• Locked thread