Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dabir posted:

*bursts into the room*

HEY

THESE LOSS EDITS ARE GETTING WAAAAAAAY TOO ABSTRACT

*you're so sick of this loving joke that you go into the fetal position*

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

oh my god

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

:eyepop:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Visions of [loss]...

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dabir posted:

*bursts into the room*

HEY

THESE LOSS EDITS ARE GETTING WAAAAAAAY TOO ABSTRACT

*you're so sick of this loving joke that you go into the fetal position*

lmbo nice meltdown nerd

do you even me-me?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dabir posted:

*bursts into the room*

HEY

Where was I? Ah, right.

SOMEONE CALL FOR THE DOCTOR BECAUSE THESE LOSS EDITS ARE GETTING WAAAAAAAY TOO SICK

*you're so sick of this loving joke that you go into the fetal position and die*

Ha-ha, your post is a loss edit.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Apr 26, 2016

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Paladinus posted:

Woooaaaahhhh whhaaaaaat?!?!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Paladinus posted:

it was already a

gently caress you loving nerds

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

be wary of [loss]

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

This one is kind of too good for this thread

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

try move past it, and then heal

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Can someone give some context here? I'm guessing the little red and black things are nasty things you don't really want to fight and there are a bunch more than anyone could be reasonably expected to take on?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

baquerd posted:

Can someone give some context here? I'm guessing the little red and black things are nasty things you don't really want to fight and there are a bunch more than anyone could be reasonably expected to take on?

It's like the dandelions.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

baquerd posted:

There messages you write that show up in people's games.

Like "watch out ambush ahead"
Or "illisionary wall, try attacking"

Someone made loss with it.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo posted:

Someone made loss with it.

Ah gently caress, got it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

"I better make sure I sign it really fuckin' big so everyone who looks at this has no choice but to acknowledge that it was I, Fishlicuffs, that came up with this drawing of a dick with a face and butt and a dick coming out of its butt"

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"I better make sure I sign it really fuckin' big so everyone who looks at this has no choice but to acknowledge that it was I, Fishlicuffs, that came up with this drawing of a dick with a face and butt and a dick coming out of its butt"

Don't worry, people will find a way to not credit the artist regardless.

Speaking of which, dickbutt has become so huge that I wonder how many people even know the original comic it came from or anything about KC Green. Kind of like how Pepe became this huge meme even though for years it was just a character in this silly comic by Matt Furie about pulling your pants all the way down to pee. That fact is basically just trivia now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

trapped mouse posted:

Speaking of which, dickbutt has become so huge that I wonder how many people even know the original comic it came from or anything about KC Green. Kind of like how Pepe became this huge meme even though for years it was just a character in this silly comic by Matt Furie about pulling your pants all the way down to pee. That fact is basically just trivia now.

I can guarantee you that almost nobody knows where it's from, and most people think it's just this public domain imagine they can just slap on anything they want. poo poo, there was a guy on SA a few years ago who was selling screen-printed pint glasses with DickButt on them, and was genuinely surprised that somebody could take credit for it when goons called him out on it. KC came in and ultimately gave him the OK, (and the project fell apart immediately after that, as the guy over-estimated his ability to screen print in bulk) but it was still pretty fascinating that someone would be confused that someone could claim a meme.

e:
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/575928998649315328

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Apr 27, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Actually, memes spring forth fully formed from the aether.

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

he has a problem with moths

like literally dozens of moths keep him awake always

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's because people think that memes is some new thing when it's just a new name for something that existed for quite a long time. poo poo Happens, I HEART New York or Keep On Trucking are exactly the same kind of ideas and people who came up with them had to be paid every time this poo poo was printed despite having such a mainstream popularity and this isn't some crazy insider knowledge. But say that something is a meme and the same concept is somehow dumbfounding.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Palpek posted:

But say that something is a meme and the same concept is somehow dumb.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

*screaming into an empty closet between choked sobs*

"No, I was the one who made the Dickbutt! It was me! ME! I'm the person who made a cartoon penis with a large butt and a penis coming out of the butt! I did that! I should be the one who people recognize, for this butt penis man!"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Cicadas! posted:

*screaming into an empty closet between choked sobs*

"No, I was the one who made the Dickbutt! It was me! ME! I'm the person who made a cartoon penis with a large butt and a penis coming out of the butt! I did that! I should be the one who people recognize, for this butt penis man!"

Alright, take it easy Will Laren.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Actually, KC hates dickbutt and has already said people can do whatever they want with it.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Johnny Aztec posted:

Actually, KC hates dickbutt and has already said people can do whatever they want with it.

It is very strange how popular dickbutt became outside the context of the original context of the comic, where it was his deep shame of the terrible things he makes.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Palpek posted:

It's because people think that memes is some new thing when it's just a new name for something that existed for quite a long time. poo poo Happens, I HEART New York or Keep On Trucking are exactly the same kind of ideas and people who came up with them had to be paid every time this poo poo was printed despite having such a mainstream popularity and this isn't some crazy insider knowledge. But say that something is a meme and the same concept is somehow dumbfounding.

I Heart New Yorlk was created by the city for tourism and has been a registered trademark since it's inception.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ferrule posted:

I Heart New Yorlk was created by the city for tourism and has been a registered trademark since it's inception.

i think it's technically a meme though? just based on the spinoffs and references and poo poo. a well-monetized meme.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

:effort:

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
BAM! Kicked it up a notch.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

memes are like a polar bear unicycling into the waterbed store, purple monkey dishwasher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

• Locked thread