Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

ArfJason posted:

cool i was playing casual for my wildfire 40 headshot mission
i got votekicked because i landed 3 scout headshots and then next round clutched it against people making noise everywhere.
I'm a cheater now or something

idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

:smugmrgw:

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Bohemian Nights posted:

That hasn't been my experience with the map at all.

I haven't seen any pro matches on the new version yet, so it's hard to say how it plays out at that level, but my experience in MM hasn't been that way either so far.

Then again, everything seems T-sided in the Gold Novas right now.

ArfJason posted:

cool i was playing casual for my wildfire 40 headshot mission
i got votekicked because i landed 3 scout headshots and then next round clutched it against people making noise everywhere.
I'm a cheater now or something

#JustCounterStrikeThings

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Goofballs posted:

I still suggest ffa, there's a guy on every corner, you learn to shoot, shoot under pressure and at humans because bots don't move like humans

Is that different than the standard dm? Because in dm all people play is dust 2.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

UnfurledSails posted:

Is that different than the standard dm? Because in dm all people play is dust 2.

People in community ffa are generally a lot better

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Famethrowa posted:

I was making a throwaway joke because I am still bitter about Nuke replacing Inferno :shrug:

Wasn't replying to you but I can see the confusion

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I would always start a kickvote anytime someone came out on the mic with like "just 3 more kills and i get the gold coin" or something like that, and it would pass every single time

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

qhat posted:

I would always start a kickvote anytime someone came out on the mic with like "just 3 more kills and i get the gold coin" or something like that, and it would pass every single time

savage_meme.jpg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I didnt even say anything i just got kicked for being Too Good For Casual

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

People in community ffa are generally a lot better

lol the only currently filled ffa servers with <50 ping for me are are all 24/7 dust 2 servers.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So the same as valve dm then ok

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

UnfurledSails posted:

lol the only currently filled ffa servers with <50 ping for me are are all 24/7 dust 2 servers.

dust2 is the most open map in the game so it's the best for pure dm'ing.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Dust 2 is a competitive map you might actually play unlike say aim_redline, aim_botz or what have you. Most ffa does happen on dust 2 but i've been on plenty of non dust2 ffa. More in pistol ffa than all guns.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Casual owns, I was doing a mission last night and there was a guy im almost certain was aiming with a controller. and absolutely no one knows about the shift key or headphones so the only way you could've won that 1v9 is by cheating

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

it's funny how lots of people say that casual is literally overflowing with hackers but actually it's just that like 90% of people playing casual are legit silver 2s

i remember playing one casual and some guy got asked what his rank was "gold nova master" and that was impressive to the server

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
A controller would be an improvement for some of the people I've spec'ed in casual. I swear to god half of them are aiming with the little pointer nub on an old IBM laptop.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I leveled another account to 3 recentlyish and I'd agree casual is mostly bads being boring but like there were a decent amount of other people leveling accounts to gently caress with bads in competitive.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

gaining the ability to smurf is good motivation to improve at counter strike

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
wearing headphones in casual is one step over the trying hard line and i will votekick you

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Played a few games of esea late last night. Apparently when you get on pretty late they kind of just say gently caress it to balancing out teams and throw together whoever is online. Well I got probably one of the single best players I've ever actually played with on my team, but god drat did he hate life. My favorite line being, "this is an IM level game, if you can't go above even you shouldn't be playing CS". Response from teamate, "Dude I can't even get a win in Open, thanks for the compliment".

God bless this game, and God bless these here United States :patriot:

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
lol @ people saying new nuke is unbalanced. It's way more competitive since the update and anyone who thinks otherwise is just terrible at the game

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Newke is loving great man and that's coming from someone who absolutely loathed the old version

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rosh posted:

A controller would be an improvement for some of the people I've spec'ed in casual. I swear to god half of them are aiming with the little pointer nub on an old IBM laptop.

That is referred to as the "Clit" for future reference.

Casual is fun to drop in an run around with dualies and stupid poo poo like that.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

gently caress double post gd

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

i put my own track on a frag clip

https://www.facebook.com/weeperthgs/videos/588650747970827/

you're a lil jealous

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I played this game and had fun today.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Agoat posted:

I played this game and had fun today.

No need to lie, youre among friends

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Depths posted:

No need to lie, youre among friends

Nah he's right, surf maps can be fun

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

qhat posted:

Newke is loving great man and that's coming from someone who absolutely loathed the old version

Absolutely this, it has been growing on me steadily. I love that there are far more options on T side now, unlike the original version where CT's could pretty much hang back and stomp if T's were even slightly uncoordinated.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I liked old nuke.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You also probably like ingrown hairs

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Alighieri posted:

I like bad maps.

In all honesty old nuke wasn't awful, it just gets boring because the Ts had very few options.

If you were on T side and didn't win the vent rush on round 1, you were getting 15-0'd. If you did win vent rush, you could theoretically go 3-12, which put the onus on the other team to make things happen.

Now obviously every game didn't go this way, but it was a rare loving day I saw Ts get more than 3 wins, and often times they got less (most of the time being 0)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I also liked old Nuke.

I also like new Newke.

:shrug:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Old nuke was at least better then inferno. Only crappy teams would lose CT side on inferno, so basically any team I was on. Will be interesting to see how they "fix" inferno.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Can someone explain to me what exactly was fun or good about the old nuke?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

qhat posted:

Can someone explain to me what exactly was fun or good about the old nuke?

You could shoot through walls and the floor and get kills and laughs were had by everyone

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
It didn't kill your fps

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I run this game on Linux on a gtx 760 and I get 144 on that map

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

760 is a good card mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I tried running on linux and my fps was fine, but when people specc'd me they said it looked like my rates were way low and even from my perspective poo poo looked to just pop in. Other games on steam/linux ran fine.