Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Libluini posted:

I know, I was talking about bombing runs on shield capitals, since other people have told me shield-capitals are somewhat vulnerable against that.

Those 'other people' are wrong.

Orange Red Bull posted:

Just keep an eye out for the goalpost move in a week or two

You'll know it when you see it

Because it's going to take a week for a Mittani ping...

#luv2club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

silentsnack posted:

Aren't broker fees one of the things you can change in citadels, meaning 0.01 works vastly in your favor if you (or your friends) own the trade hub?

There aren't any citadels in the game right now, they need to be built first.

I have no idea how broker fees in SovNullSec-outposts work, for all I know someone could just have changed the fee in his outpost to 54% to gently caress him over

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
The new doomsdays are really really hard to aim.The old push button one was nerfed too.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bro did you see what white legion did to your valued allies (and some of your own retards) last night

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

bro did you see what white legion did to your valued allies (and some of your own retards) last night

Chill, bro

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
hey I see despera is back after the flameout in the other thread

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What was nerfed about the single-target DDs?

Also, do the AoE ones do 3m damage or is that at least a bit restrained?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Fitting a POS with enough scrams to actually keep a super tackled is going to severely tax the fitting ability of other useful things, I don't think that that's a likely scenario.

Also when it is reinforced they won't work.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Goatman Sacks posted:

What was nerfed about the single-target DDs?

Also, do the AoE ones do 3m damage or is that at least a bit restrained?

None do 3m damage anymore. Single target does 1.5m. The others do 75k a second for 10 seconds.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

Those 'other people' are wrong.

Thinking about this, people complained about shield-battleships getting hosed over by bombers, my bad.

But still, I also remember people claiming shield-capitals were bad for some reason. Was that just the Phoenix because of it using capital missiles?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

Vollied a 20 man gang 2 at a time and killed a few tackled dreads that couldn't really do anything but die?

Think 1 or 2 of the dreads was self-destructing for that insurance money (because build price is going down quite a bit), but I'm not certain on that.

I guess you can brag about that if you want?

Libluini posted:

Thinking about this, people complained about shield-battleships getting hosed over by bombers, my bad.

But still, I also remember people claiming shield-capitals were bad for some reason. Was that just the Phoenix because of it using capital missiles?

Phoenix mostly has application issues, and that whole flight time thing is pretty poo poo too.

Most people rallied behind the 'shield supers' are poo poo banner because there wasn't a shield buffer set of implants (as most super groups were armor, simply because of Slaves), but shield buffer implants are coming Soon™.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 27, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Libluini posted:

It used to be because thanks to quirks in how the bonus was applied, the leviathan bonus was trash (specifically, it increased your total shield capacity but left your current shields alone, so you had to be manually brought up to 100% ... every time you changed systems). That was fixed.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Except, you don't need to rape cage the towers anymore, especially when your towers aren't there anymore and our towers are- you know, that whole thing where Supers and Titans can now be tackled by a POS now (thanks :ccp:).

are you planning on leaving enough shared accountstotally single-person-owned accounts around to gun the tower and focus down titans with enough scrams in the extremely likely scenario of a mass breakout

http://pos.gbs.io/#/tower/CIOyAxDLXxoGCJ2GARAy

each warp disruption battery inflicts 3 points so you need minimum 17 focused points to tackle a titan

so 4-5 people to gun per super per tower, and with a limit of 50 points per tower you are tackling at most 3 titans

scrams have easier fitting and double the points but only scram to 75km

and unless you're going to gun with your own supers you need to either have the shields down, which means your gunners are decloaked and shootable, or the shields up, in which case the bump will send the supers sailing quickly out of range of scrams and potentially even the points

so uh yeah this is a pretty stupid plan

e: it's actually 17 i forgot to round up

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 27, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Vollied a 20 man gang 2 at a time and killed a few tackled dreads that couldn't really do anything but die?

Think 1 or 2 of the dreads was self-destructing for that insurance money (because build price is going down quite a bit), but I'm not certain on that.

I guess you can brag about that if you want?

I ran the numbers pre-patch on suicide frauding dreads, and it def. wasn't worth it, unless it was already insured from a previous scrapped dreadbomb

Glory of Arioch posted:

each warp scrambling battery inflicts 3 points so you need minimum 16 focused points to tackle a titan

Chruker has disruption at 3 points, scram at 6. Still you'd need a lot.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

All of you who can welp a titan and pay for another one the same day disgust me. :colbert:

55% of all the new ISK faucet go straight to the top 1%, who own more Titans and supers than the remaining 99%. We live in a rigged economy in which PL have direct access to CCP :bernget:

12 months ago I had less than 10b, no super or Titan and 3 carriers. I now have a super a titan and 25 carriers. I decided when carrier ratting was confirmed dying I was going to make my nut before it did and never shoot a red box or rock because I needed money ever again. I made it and you can too if you just put your mind to it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

evilweasel posted:

It used to be because thanks to quirks in how the bonus was applied, the leviathan bonus was trash (specifically, it increased your total shield capacity but left your current shields alone, so you had to be manually brought up to 100% ... every time you changed systems). That was fixed.

so what youre saying is i need to dump the avatar/aeon combo and go leviathan/wyvern

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Goatman Sacks posted:

I ran the numbers pre-patch on suicide frauding dreads, and it def. wasn't worth it, unless it was already insured from a previous scrapped dreadbomb

yeah, meant disruption battery

i mention scrams a little later

will edit, thanks :thumbsup:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Titan V would require 17 for 51 points

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

I didn't run the numbers, but avoided doing it as I imagine the demand for cheap dreads would be pretty high and having one sooner than later would be more valuable than whatever I would theoretically "save" anyway.

Goatman Sacks posted:

I don't think the POS scramming thing was a perfectly implemented idea, I just knew some people were kicking it around.

Most people aren't too keen on logging there super in on a hostile tower though, so it's not a huge deal either way.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

point being it's a dumbass idea

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather log in at a hostile tower than at a camped friendly one

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'd rather log in at a hostile tower than at a camped friendly one

same

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

froody guy posted:

Dat :captainpop:

Mining :frogon:

Heron :derp:

My life compled it has :shepicide:

If you're having a seizure, you should seek medical attention, friend. :ohdear:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

so guys is citadels out yet

how many have we made so far

also: is it basically impossible to afk rat in an ishtar now since there are dreadnaught spawns in anoms?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 27, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goatman Sacks posted:

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

If that super was combat fit and it has a weapons time it won't be able to refit to tank when the dread bomb hits. It also won't be able to get reps at all from nearby supers. Plus it will have to deal with the fact it can't moonwalk out anymore because all those suicide dreads will probably have a capital scram fit on them with a support fleet of little poo poo helping tackle.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

we made all of them. ccp had to stop the release because we got them all.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

we made all of them. ccp had to stop the release because we got them all.

same but i personally own them

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

No, but I encountered my first abnormal runtime-error.

The game crashed just after undocking from a trade-hub.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

also: is it basically impossible to afk rat in an ishtar now since there are dreadnaught spawns in anoms?

They just released the BPO for the citadel itself, so people are busy researching. I'm sure there are some that will build at ME0 or even ME3/4, which I think you can get to fairly quickly. I've taken or am taking all my BPOs to at least 6 (including the Astrahus I bought today) before I copy / make anything.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Someone already got sucide ganked with a citadel bpo though

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Had to lose Deklein the patch before capital rats. What a shame.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

Had to lose Deklein the patch before capital rats. What a shame.

you seem rather occupied with ratting, friend, is there something you need to admit to the class, or perhaps to yourself

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Syndic Thrass posted:

12 months ago I had less than 10b, no super or Titan and 3 carriers. I now have a super a titan and 25 carriers. I decided when carrier ratting was confirmed dying I was going to make my nut before it did and never shoot a red box or rock because I needed money ever again. I made it and you can too if you just put your mind to it

I shot too many red crosses back in the day. I spent about 2 years doing nothing but lvl 4 missions in Taru, then moved in with FA during the Fountain invasion of 2010. I didn't want to spend too much time ratting, so I used this to get ticks of ~50m actively doing Sanctums in Fade. I completely burnt out and am proud to say I have not shot a red cross since FA left Fade. Hopefully, I never will again.

[Vindicator, CashFlow]
Core A-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Core A-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Shadow Serpentis Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II
Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Core A-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Tracking Computer II

Neutron Blaster Cannon II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin II x5

Null L x1896
Void L x21552
Optimal Range Script x1

With my new wealth, I'm thinking of trying myself at market and speculation to see where that leads me. I expect to be broke very shortly. :v:

Dalael fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 27, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Goatman Sacks posted:

Someone already got sucide ganked with a citadel bpo though

Quite a few, actually :) Cheaper than buying them yourself!

You can hit F5 on these links to see killmails containing citadel BPOs:

https://zkillboard.com/item/36966/ -- mediums (several today -- be sure to click that Falcon, it's amazing)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- larges (none yet today)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- XLs (none yet today)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dr. Pangloss posted:

They just released the BPO for the citadel itself, so people are busy researching. I'm sure there are some that will build at ME0 or even ME3/4, which I think you can get to fairly quickly. I've taken or am taking all my BPOs to at least 6 (including the Astrahus I bought today) before I copy / make anything.

ME research is nearly useless on medium citidels, even with multiple runs.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Quite a few, actually :) Cheaper than buying them yourself!

You can hit F5 on these links to see killmails containing citadel BPOs:

https://zkillboard.com/item/36966/ -- mediums (several today -- be sure to click that Falcon, it's amazing)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- larges (none yet today)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- XLs (none yet today)

It wasn't a blueprint kill, but Waffles killed a guy trying to move all the components for one in Kinakka yesterday.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

ME research is nearly useless on medium citidels, even with multiple runs.

I'm guessing ME research is more a thing for the structure-components you need for the citadels.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

also is base broker fee broken or is just me? 84%? wtf

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Libluini posted:

I'm guessing ME research is more a thing for the structure-components you need for the citadels.

All those bpos were already seeded months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

also is base broker fee broken or is just me? 84%? wtf

apparently it's a visual display bug, and the tax is off by a decimal point.

• Locked thread