Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

evilweasel posted:

ME research is nearly useless on medium citidels, even with multiple runs.

but what else am I going to do with it while my component BPOs churn? I guess make copies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dr. Pangloss posted:

but what else am I going to do with it while my component BPOs churn? I guess make copies?

PE research or copies, yeah.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/kcAAHk5.webm

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I just checked the material requirement for the Astrathus and it's (almost) all 1x something

how does ME research affect something like that?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

but enough about trying to herd the MBC

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

froody guy posted:

I just checked the material requirement for the Astrathus and it's (almost) all 1x something

It doesn't, unless you're doing a ton of runs. I was just a dumb and researched it out of habit.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

froody guy posted:

It doesn't, ever. Even if you do a million runs. The only thing ME affects is things that require 2 or more things.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

So I went looking at the Keepstar

I see what you did there :ccp:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Had to lose Deklein the patch before capital rats. What a shame.

We get it. You're a parasite that's only value to an alliance is ratting taxes.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

evilweasel posted:

It doesn't, ever. Even if you do a million runs. The only thing ME affects is things that require 2 or more things.

Well, technically it would, since it requires 4 of the Market Network Components, but you're correct that that's a very small benefit only seen in a few circumstances.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

ullerrm posted:

https://zkillboard.com/item/36966/ -- mediums (several today -- be sure to click that Falcon, it's amazing)

Can you explain for a scrub? I get the falcon is an ECM boat and I think ECM is supposed to suck now (?) but short of "why was this guy moving 1 billion worth of BPOs in a force recon" I don't know enough to understand why this was so laughable

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

you'd be surprised, staying unsubbed and logged off was how we had to operate with supers between 2010 and 2016 except for the period right after b-r and before CO2 ate poo poo

Don't forget the final stages of the Fountain "Helicopter Dicking".

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

vyst posted:

We get it. You're a parasite that's only value to an alliance is ratting taxes.

Whatever happened to that money anyway?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Despera posted:

Whatever happened to that money anyway?

hey despera just posting to remind you that you haven't proven your spacewealth by sending me a few bil yet

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Landsknecht posted:

hey despera just posting to remind you that you haven't proven your spacewealth by sending me a few bil yet

Spent it all on that useless titan

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Jazzzzz posted:

Can you explain for a scrub? I get the falcon is an ECM boat and I think ECM is supposed to suck now (?) but short of "why was this guy moving 1 billion worth of BPOs in a force recon" I don't know enough to understand why this was so laughable

Prices haven't been updated -- that's more like 15B of BPOs in there. Assuming he bought them all at their base price:

* 6B for the Astrahus citadel BPO
* 3.6B in structure mod BPOs (they range from 200M for the tackle mods to 1B for the bomb launcher)
* 4.8B in new fighter BPOs (they're 300M each, he had 16)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

and moving 1b in bpos in a force recon through gates, let alone 15b, is groin-grabbingly idiotic

you move that poo poo with blops or jfs safely from station to station

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

All those bpos were already seeded months ago.

poo poo, completely forgot about that

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Does gsf have a "didn't want that player anyway" narrative for everyone who left?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Despera posted:

Spent it all on that useless titan

I'll buy if you're selling.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is it worth training Connections to V? I don't even understand how it works since its making my effective standing for corps more than triple while the skill supposedly only gives a 4% bonus.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Despera posted:

Does gsf have a "didn't want that player anyway" narrative for everyone who left?

from a noob's perspective this is sad/funny in a couple of ways:

1) "oops jumped instead of bridged MY TITAN", joins TEST (who I gather is a joke?) to hang with RL bros, begins posting hurf all over SA eve threads about "goons suck, I'm glad I'm out, look at you losers"
2) goons actually biting on said hurf

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

only thing sad/funny is that a self proclaimed noob is able to see through the thin veneer of depera's attempts at trolling

get good, despera

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Despera posted:

Only the ones that fit your profile.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
People actually believing that jump mad story was worth the 10$

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
you have low goon levels fix this

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

~*~puppet master~*~

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Jazzzzz posted:

2) goons actually biting on said hurf

this isn't surprising, been happening since 2001

it's his persistence that's impressive really, that's some real poo poo stirring hard-on to do it every day for weeks (months?)

getting into grudge "I wanna hate-gently caress you" territory at this point

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Foehammer007 posted:

you have low goon levels fix this

His TrueGoon level is over 9000 tho

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I mean when "lol Deklein" gets people mad, it's hard to resist.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

quote:

Force Auxiliary Skills
We were planning to refund all isk spent and sp trained in the now defunct Force Auxiliary skills along with this conversion. However we have encountered some complications that mean that we do not feel confident delivering this tomorrow. This will still happen in the coming weeks (Or at the latest by the next release). Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

How many weeks' worth of SP is this holding hostage?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Jazzzzz posted:

How many weeks' worth of SP is this holding hostage?

you still get the sp and isk back, it's not a big deal

"held hostage for 2 weeks," it's a 13 yr old game, time is irrelevant

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Despera posted:

I mean when "lol Deklein" gets people mad, it's hard to resist.

every day, for months? there's trying to wind people up and then there's a weird obsession to do it

making nerds mad is fun but there's a difference to casual social trolling and a bein' a trollaholic, you need to lay off the trollahol or you'll turn into deadtear

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Found an amusing graphical bug as soon as I logged in.

I introduce to you, the Buzztor/Rapard

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Otacon posted:

~*~puppet master~*~

When it comes to Vyst and Deadtear more like ~*~sock puppet master~*~

Xachariah posted:

every day, for months? there's trying to wind people up and then there's a weird obsession to do it

making nerds mad is fun but there's a difference to casual social trolling and a bein' a trollaholic, you need to lay off the trollahol or you'll turn into deadtear

Thought I didn't do it on my days off. poo poo if I did I definitely need to stop.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
excuse you bitch?

Tiberius
May 3, 2003

Xolve posted:

Except, you don't need to rape cage the towers anymore, especially when your towers aren't there anymore and our towers are- you know, that whole thing where Supers and Titans can now be tackled by a POS now (thanks :ccp:).

This is a very fine and not at all pedantic point which entirely changes the reality that people demonstrably won't log on until they have prepared circumstances which offer reasonable expectation of not encountering certain doom (by DT tricking off the POS grid or clearing tackle (yes, even other types of anchorables than bubbles) when the campers get bored of wasting their time as outlined in the paragraph you actually just quoted). I'm sure you're going to just farm shedloads of them you're obviously super smart.

Xolve posted:

I very much doubt there are more than a handful of people in GSF that have a trillion in assets.

Ok

Xolve posted:

I'm not super knowledgable about ratting in general or how ihub upgrades work- but I imagine that upgrading systems isn't very high on anyone's priority list at the moment.

Yeah we're all going broke because we can't rat but we're too simple to realize we need to install i-hub upgrades to rat, a tragic paradox

You should step away from the keyboard until you've calmed down enough about goons to construct arguments which rationally follow from the premises

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
are you idiots really responding to Sick UMADS?? from the guy who fled to test because he couldnt get in anywhere else since is brain is so broken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

are you idiots really responding to Sick UMADS?? from the guy who fled to test because he couldnt get in anywhere else since is brain is so broken?

I think they should keep biting, Im not sure he'll have anything left to live for if they stopped, would he get frustrated and stop? how would he fill the hours per day void?

what could happen, depression, suicide? Im no psychologist but I think so

• Locked thread