Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Only Oregon and Jersey have that

is there a reason that this exists still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

Keeping unemployment numbers lower under the guise of public safety

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MurderBot posted:

Unions.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Oregon sounds awesome.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I had to get gas in jersey before NYC at like 11pm and I totally didn't realize the whole gas thing. I had gotten out and was filling up when I look over to a Sikh giving me dirty looks the next pump over. I realized after I left that he was supposed to pump my gas. Whatever.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Do they even get paid that well?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I didn't know Oregon was like that, too. That's enough to cross that off the list of states I'm willing to live in.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Humane society is great and all but that brings up another topic of people getting dogs and not accounting for medical costs and the possible event of an emergency etc. I think it's selfish and short-sighted. Tons of transients/vagrants around here with dogs and one couple had a dog that had a freaking litter, living on the streets (guess the breed!) they were trying to sell them off well before 8 weeks and then I think finally a rescue came and swooped them up. That or they make a gofundme and tug on heart strings. Then you have people literally irate at vet costs that are scrounging for a vet that does some low-income sliding scale or some poo poo. I get it you want to save money but if you're pinching pennies that hard and mad that you had to pay all this money not taking into account the cost of staffing, the schooling they do, facilities, and equipment.

Locally some not-so-wealthy lady's dog got bit by a rattle snake. (Guess the breed!) So she's posting this and that about how she can't afford the care and he's going to die without treatment etc. Bad mouthing every place they went for having the audacity to charge them x amount. The local community crowd funded the treatment, which was awesome, and then she went on talking about how prayer really does work and God is great lmao.

I'm by no means saying this is you just on a high tangent here. Humane society subsidizes exist so people have at least some incentive to get their pit-Bulls, chihuahuas, and outdoor cats fixed so they stop constantly flooding them. I'm pretty sure it's completely free for the above breeds. When I was dog looking the local humane society was about 10-15 pit/boxers and like 5 chihuahuas. That was it. I guess my point is when it comes to my pup the cost for his care is the last thing on my list of priorities or concerns. I guess I pay a bit above average for his care but idgaf because he's my pup and I knew well and good it wasn't going to be cheap/free and he has a great Doc and the place is awesome.

Ok sorry for the tangent thanks for reading

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 27, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It must really suck to be the breed of choice for trash people.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MurderBot posted:

West Texas/East New Mexico should have signs that read "abandon all hope ye who enter here"

Southern New Mexico isn't bad, El Paso is stupid. I've got exactly 5 weeks left of living down here in Las Cruces and then it's off to greener pastures *literally*

I spent the first 22 years of living in Hereford/Amarillo/Lubbock and visiting family frequently in Roswell and Clovis. People down here in florida bitch about the rain. I loving love it.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Humane society is great and all but that brings up another topic of people getting dogs and not accounting for medical costs and the possible event of an emergency etc. I think it's selfish and short-sighted. Tons of transients/vagrants around here with dogs and one couple had a dog that had a freaking litter, living on the streets (guess the breed!) they were trying to sell them off well before 8 weeks and then I think finally a rescue came and swooped them up. That or they make a gofundme and tug on heart strings. Then you have people literally irate at vet costs that are scrounging for a vet that does some low-income sliding scale or some poo poo. I get it you want to save money but if you're pinching pennies that hard and mad that you had to pay all this money not taking into account the cost of staffing, the schooling they do, facilities, and equipment.

Locally some not-so-wealthy lady's dog got bit by a rattle snake. (Guess the breed!) So she's posting this and that about how she can't afford the care and he's going to die without treatment etc. Bad mouthing every place they went for having the audacity to charge them x amount. The local community crowd funded the treatment, which was awesome, and then she went on talking about how prayer really does work and God is great lmao.

I'm by no means saying this is you just on a high tangent here. Humane society subsidizes exist so people have at least some incentive to get their pit-Bulls, chihuahuas, and outdoor cats fixed so they stop constantly flooding them. I'm pretty sure it's completely free for the above breeds. When I was dog looking the local humane society was about 10-15 pit/boxers and like 5 chihuahuas. That was it. I guess my point is when it comes to my pup the cost for his care is the last thing on my list of priorities or concerns. I guess I pay a bit above average for his care but idgaf because he's my pup and I knew well and good it wasn't going to be cheap/free and he has a great Doc and the place is awesome.

Ok sorry for the tangent thanks for reading

I don't care about cost but the price they initially quoted me was to the point of "ridiculous" A spay shouldn't be close to four figures. If other people are paying that for similar then I guess I'll just go gently caress myself, but other people I talked to thought that was quite high.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Dead Reckoning posted:

It must really suck to be the breed of choice for trash people.

Especially when they're basically like jacked, high-energy labs. Big, goofy motherfuckers that will love you to death and are about as dangerous as a wet noodle given proper training and socialization.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Well, spaying costs can get really loving high in a hurry depending on situation. Has she had her first heat yet? Is she in heat? Is she pregnant and getting spayed after delivery? How large is the dog? All of those weigh heavily on the cost of the procedure. Especially if she is in heat, recently been in heat, or is giving birth or something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

All of which can be easily planned around.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I don't care about cost but the price they initially quoted me was to the point of "ridiculous" A spay shouldn't be close to four figures. If other people are paying that for similar then I guess I'll just go gently caress myself, but other people I talked to thought that was quite high.

Was just using your post as an outlet to vent was all

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Uh no she's a five month old puppy in good health. It's literally the most ordinary of circumstances.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Uh no she's a five month old puppy in good health. It's literally the most ordinary of circumstances.

Has she gone into heat? If not and if she isn't some 50lb behemoth already no reason it should be more than a few hundred bucks at most.

EDIT: Wait you said she was getting claws off too or something though, right? Or am I going crazy?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
just sanitize some wire cutters with a bic lighter and cut those dew claws right off :shrug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Cause yeah removing claws is a bit more costly than just doing a spay and that would easily push estimates up.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

A Spay really shouldn't cozy more than 450ish in ideal conditions for sure. I totally get what you mean

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd never dock ears or tails unless it's a no-poo poo farm dog, but I've had my old dog rip out her dew claws on the carpet enough time to just want to get them straight up removed.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Proctor & Gamble put out their latest Olympics ad. Their ad agency is this shop out in Portland called Wieden + Kennedy who are behind the KFC work with Norm Macdonald.

Anyway, this is a good commercial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3k6BFX2uw

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
brb calling my mom :qq:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

We need to send in a rag tag of mom's to clean up Rio and make the Olympics great again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

brb calling my mom :qq:

Right? While I was in NYC last year, I met part of the team who created the idea. Their challenge was how the gently caress to make a manufacturer of laundry detergent enticing. I imagine the creative pitch to P&G went something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

just sanitize some wire cutters with a bic lighter and cut those dew claws right off :shrug:

:stare: At least give the dog a shot of whiskey before you cut off his loving thumbs.

Edit: Over/under on how many olympians will be kidnapped and/or murdered?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 28, 2016

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

In this case her rear dew claws are useless. They're connected by tissue and just flop around. The vet is concerned she'll snag them on things when she's playing outside and they'll get injured. The way she crawls around the floor I imagine it's a matter of time before she snags on the rug. Her front dew claws are normal and she's keeping those.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

holocaust bloopers posted:

Right? While I was in NYC last year, I met part of the team who created the idea. Their challenge was how the gently caress to make a manufacturer of laundry detergent enticing. I imagine the creative pitch to P&G went something like this:

Mad Men was a great show.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Started Pinky Blinders yesterday, pretty decent as well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

:stare: At least give the dog a shot of whiskey before you cut off his loving thumbs.

Edit: Over/under on how many olympians will be kidnapped and/or murdered?

The whole mess is so entertaining. Rio is quite the hosed place on literally all facets. Sure, the other places have been less than ideal but I don't think they've had that level of corruption and crime. They've been advertising/boasting about it since 2009 and vendors were selling shirts their and poo poo with Rio 2016. Seems Ike nothing has changed except for them abusing the lower class even more.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

pit-Bulls, chihuahuas
Coincidentally, this showed up on my FB feed.

https://www.facebook.com/playbuzz/photos/a.537636339655843.1073741828.501748733244604/1040194359400036/?type=3&theater

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Any of you guys have suggestions for removing a gently caress ton of dandelions from my yard? Can't use fire due to plenty of dry brush and a mountain next to my property. The simple little ones, during summer I'll get the 2 foot tall ones.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pay a kid 10c per weed?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Edgar posted:

Any of you guys have suggestions for removing a gently caress ton of dandelions from my yard? Can't use fire due to plenty of dry brush and a mountain next to my property. The simple little ones, during summer I'll get the 2 foot tall ones.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/162202/dandelion-wine/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

The whole mess is so entertaining. Rio is quite the hosed place on literally all facets. Sure, the other places have been less than ideal but I don't think they've had that level of corruption and crime. They've been advertising/boasting about it since 2009 and vendors were selling shirts their and poo poo with Rio 2016. Seems Ike nothing has changed except for them abusing the lower class even more.

Any of their sports that take place in the water are basically going to be in a somewhat-diluted open sewage pit.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Edgar posted:

Not much you can do once they germinate except pull them or douse them with weed killer. However, you can go get yourself some corn gluten (Preen Organic) and that will keep them from germinating if you get them now, and it's a pretty good fertilizer to boot. Ideally you want to hit your yard with it nowish, Septemeber and then in February next year, assuming you are in NA somewhere, that should more or less take care of the usual suspects.

The major cons to corn gluten are over/reseeding should happen at the same time you would do your spring and fall seeding, but most grass seeds grow better in hot weather anyhow. Also, it won't stop any weed that spreads via rhizome.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Any of their sports that take place in the water are basically going to be in a somewhat-diluted open sewage pit.

I guess some sailing team was practicing and a dude lost a chunk of his calf to the bacteria

Some dude in the GBS thread said ~~his uncle~~ told him that the watersports were gonna take place in London or some poo poo but who knows

They've had plenty of time to address the issue but yeah at this point with the games around the corner doing anything in the water is going to bear tons of health risks

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Rio Olympics are going to be an amazing train wreck.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Didn't they say that there was no problem with the water, or the coast too?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Rio Olympics are going to be an amazing train wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

made 5 months sober on saturday

smdftb alcohol

• Locked thread