Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

apparently a woman was shot in the head

my guess is a guy attacked a chick then killed himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

it's not a conspiracy and none of this was done arbitrarily. you're just an idiot.

look. look at how angry you are at that man of straw.

did he hurt you? show me on this doll where he touched your deep seated need to white knight apple against all perceived slights

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

actually you're the one who seems mad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol apple

~*angrily adjusts glasses*~ well actually...

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

they switched from firewire to 30pin/usb in 2003 when 2.0 had good adoption and didn't suck poo poo like 1.0/1.1 did. they did the 30-pin because USB is limited as all hell and the 30pin served them well. that ran until 2012 when lightning was created because 30pin caused form factor issues and the rest of the industry once again did not have a solution that sucked poo poo. the USB consortium finally pulled their heads out of their asses and started making connectors that are worth a poo poo, primarily under pressure from apple because they had been making things that actually worked for over ten years prior. same deal with magsafe, came out in 2006 because the industry connectors were garbage and it finally got addressed with USB-c. it's not a conspiracy and none of this was done arbitrarily. you're just an idiot.

ah yes magsafe

truly an icon of good design and durability

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Luigi Thirty posted:

should have just given them the password for the vault containing $250 billion in negotiable bearer bonds

lmao

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
iGun reveal not going as expected

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

infernal machines posted:

look. look at how angry you are at that man of straw.

did he hurt you? show me on this doll where he touched your deep seated need to white knight apple against all perceived slights

hes right. youre just an idiot

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip: cremnob

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

poty posted:

hes right. youre just an idiot

:agreed:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Penguissimo posted:

ah yes magsafe

truly an icon of good design and durability

i don't remember who said it, but "apple: phones that bend and cables that don't"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
tim needed a new killer app to increase revenue

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I bet they accelerate construction on the new hq to escape any more Steve-related possessions

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

I bet they accelerate construction on the new hq to escape any more Steve-related possessions

the gypsy curse did say 'thinner'

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

maybe i'm wrong, but i'm betting the Apple Watch and iPad Pro are more than enough to increase revenue, had it not been for global currency problems.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wheany posted:

i don't remember who said it, but "apple: phones that bend and cables that don't"

i believe the great shaggster can be credited for that funny

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

maybe i'm wrong, but i'm betting the Apple Watch and iPad Pro are more than enough to increase revenue, had it not been for global currency problems.

gently caress global currency problems

NOBODY HERE IN THE STATES BOUGHT THE IPAD PRO

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

the iwatch sold so well that mere numbers cant capture the extent of the glory

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

broken clock opsec posted:

the gypsy curse did say 'thinner'

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Penguissimo posted:

the iwatch sold so well that mere numbers cant capture the extent of the glory

generally accepted accounting practices, such as "counting"

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

broken clock opsec posted:

NOBODY HERE IN THE STATES BOUGHT THE IPAD PRO

maybe not the megafucker huge one but the 9.7" is selling pretty drat well.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I can see a lot of high schools switching over to megafucker iPad Pro once contracts come up

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol and the last one was a .@ to encourage his followers to attack the guy. What a little bitch.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

iCantGoOn

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

source inside the building leaks new iphone 7 model

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 28, 2016

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

just about everything released recently sold to capacity

that means capacity is really low cause timb is failing to do that one thing he was great at, the supply chain

or apple intentionally limited supply because they knew the effect the currency values would have

or possible some other strategy issue like selling stuff online before it launches in stores

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

PleasureKevin posted:

just about everything released recently sold to capacity

that means capacity is really low cause timb is failing to do that one thing he was great at, the supply chain

or apple intentionally limited supply because they knew the effect the currency values would have

or possible some other strategy issue like selling stuff online before it launches in stores

don't waste resources on the S cycle. they took leftover chips and internals and jammed them into languishing iPhone 5S bodies and sold them as new to clear inventory before they begin their ascent to the amoled iPhone 7, 4k MacBook pro, and updated Apple watch S

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
& retina air

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

where's the android thread

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the same thing that happened to the ipad. they made it too good. people have their iphones and they're happy with them

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

akadajet posted:

keep telling yourself that while you stare at your washed out screen that changes colors when even slightly off axis
yeah nah i use a calibrated ips screen on the laptop but the mba screen is just fine and almost as good for most normal people

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

just plug it into your lightning cable

lmao who has one of these

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zen death robot posted:

maybe people are deciding they don't need a new phone very often anymore

I HAVE AN IPUO)NE 4S

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

'so often' usually means 2~3 years, not half a decade

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Encrypted posted:

yeah nah i use a calibrated ips screen on the laptop but the mba screen is just fine and almost as good for most normal people

well i guess it being calibrated doesn't mean your eyes suck badly

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Actually everyone who is intelligent is on the S cycle because they've realized Apple does half-baked first-gen hardware in almost every iteration. See iPad Pro 12.9", Apple Watch, original iPad and original retina iPad 3, and of course the iPhone 2 and 3 were pure (albeit revolutionary) poo poo, 3GS was god-tier for years. 4 was on par with the 3GS, but 4s destroyed it. 5 was bad and sold as the 5c (which was so bad it didn't get a second generation), neither of which support the 64-bit features of iOS 9. 6 was real bad in terms of horrible battery life, and 6 plus had a choppy UI. 6s and 6s plus are back to being god-tier, but both are too big unless you're Shaq. And then my friends there's the 5se, the chassis so good Apple made it thrice and with good enough hardware that you could skip the 7 and 7s and get the 2018 5se=mc2 relativity edition without feeling like iOS 12 is slowing you down too much.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Celexi posted:

well i guess it being calibrated doesn't mean your eyes suck badly
nah it still sucks and i even use some huge minimal font size to make things easier to read

but i mentioned the calibrated part because the screen on the mba looks really drat good and most likely indistinguishable from random uncalibrated ips for normal people under regular usage

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bobfather posted:

Actually everyone who is intelligent is on the S cycle because they've realized Apple does half-baked first-gen hardware in almost every iteration. See iPad Pro 12.9", Apple Watch, original iPad and original retina iPad 3, and of course the iPhone 2 and 3 were pure (albeit revolutionary) poo poo, 3GS was god-tier for years. 4 was on par with the 3GS, but 4s destroyed it. 5 was bad and sold as the 5c (which was so bad it didn't get a second generation), neither of which support the 64-bit features of iOS 9. 6 was real bad in terms of horrible battery life, and 6 plus had a choppy UI. 6s and 6s plus are back to being god-tier, but both are too big unless you're Shaq. And then my friends there's the 5se, the chassis so good Apple made it thrice and with good enough hardware that you could skip the 7 and 7s and get the 2018 5se=mc2 relativity edition without feeling like iOS 12 is slowing you down too much.

truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Linguica posted:

lol and the last one was a .@ to encourage his followers to attack the guy. What a little bitch.

quote:

Imagine:

You’re 16. You’re in school. You’re sitting in class. You have a crush on another student — you’ve fallen hard. You can’t stop thinking about them. You suspect the feelings are mutual — but you don’t know. You’re afraid to just come right out and ask, verbally — afraid of the crushing weight of rejection. But you both wear an Apple Watch. So you take a flyer and send a few taps. And you wait. Nothing in response. Dammit. Why are you so stupid? Whoa — a few taps are sent in return, along with a hand-drawn smiley face. You send more taps. You receive more taps back. This is it. You send your heartbeat. It is racing, thumping. Your crush sends their heartbeat back.

You’re flirting. Not through words. Not through speech. Physically flirting, by touch. And you’re not even in the same classroom. Maybe you don’t even go to the same school.

I’m not saying digital touch is only for teenagers. I’m not saying it’s only for flirting. But the scenario above exemplifies the ways that digital touch opens the door to forms of remote communication that most of us haven’t ever considered. Non-verbal, non-visual, physical communication across any distance. This could be something big.

If you’re the only person you know with an Apple Watch, your timekeeping will still be precise, your activity tracking will still be accurate — but digital touch as a form of communication will be pointless. Digital touch only works, only becomes a thing, if Apple Watch becomes a thing. Digital touch is not designed for an isolated product. It is designed as a tentpole feature for a hit product with widespread appeal and adoption. The single most innovative feature of Apple Watch — the most intimate feature of the company’s most personal device — will only matter if some of the people you care most about wear one too.

• Locked thread