Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Jerusalem posted:

I think if you kill Emma you get the bowl and can use it immediately to jump to the Dancer fight (and I presume get immediate access to Lothric Castle) but I can only imagine how long it would take to plink her down at such a low level.

The only way I managed to do it was using the Master Swordsman bug, but I don't know if it's still in there with the Tuesday patch..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
Dark Souls 1 Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith > Dark Souls 3 Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith.

My memory of Dark Souls 1 is crystal clear, thanks for asking. No this isn't a defence of the Dark Souls 1 areas.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Wagrid posted:

Dark Souls 1 Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith > Dark Souls 3 Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith.

My memory of Dark Souls 1 is crystal clear, thanks for asking.

I dunno I remember a lot of dragon butts and before the first patch they could see you from far enough away to aggro 3 or 4 of them at a time and man that was a pain.

edit: Though I did have the captain america shield doing 1200 dmg a toss.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

School Nickname posted:

Holy poo poo I start a new game to test out the lucky bleeder build. It's loving ridiculous, you can get the spear+greatshield lothric knights to run out of stamina so they can be critted. I soloed Vordt easily. But in order to be Kindled I white phantom to help a newbie.

Only he wants me to help him versus the Dancer of the Boreal Valley. :stare: I didn't even know that was possible.

I found the Dancer before Vordt, I'd only been playing for 2-3 hours.. :chanpop:

I thought the difficulty had really spiked haha

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Turtlicious posted:

Is there any way to go completely invisible in this game? My buddy and I got invaded by a mage who went 100% see through.

I believe there's a ring that makes you invisible at a distance, but it doesn't work close up:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Obscuring+Ring

There's another one that makes you invisible while rolling:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Carthus+Milkring

And a spell that makes you translucent but not totally invisible:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hidden+Body

homeless poster posted:

dark hand from the lady vendor that replaces yoel after he dies (yuria?) is the dark wraith offhand "red shield"

Thanks!

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

havenwaters posted:

I dunno I remember a lot of dragon butts and before the first patch they could see you from far enough away to aggro 3 or 4 of them at a time and man that was a pain.

Less annoying than trying to fighting those jumpy Ghru in enclosed spaces. If somebody offered to go grab the tomes/estus upgrades for me on the condition that I beat Bed of Chaos for them I'd happily make that trade. No I am not defending Bed of Chaos.

I'd come back over levelled, but I had to play a loving pyromancer, didn't I?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

School Nickname posted:

Holy poo poo I start a new game to test out the lucky bleeder build. It's loving ridiculous, you can get the spear+greatshield lothric knights to run out of stamina so they can be critted. I soloed Vordt easily. But in order to be Kindled I white phantom to help a newbie.

Only he wants me to help him versus the Dancer of the Boreal Valley. :stare: I didn't even know that was possible.

Yep, it's a skip they built into the game. It's pretty easy to figure out how to trigger, if you want to give it a go. I don't think it really changes anything except the obvious, small content lock-out.

I wonder if he has no idea that's not the next boss? Someone doing a low level run should realize that summoning a phantom in that level range is just going to make the boss harder and offer no possible benefit.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is a pyromancers bread and butter attack Flame Orb outside of Chaos Orb for bosses?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

havenwaters posted:

edit: Though I did have the captain america shield doing 1200 dmg a toss.

I never ran the dragon butts, I always ground out for the shortcut route because gently caress dragon butts and also because Solaire was a bro and I didn't want him to die.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Any tips on the abyss watchers? Apologies if this has been covered a lot

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Has the fps issues introduced by last night's patch on PS4 been hotfixed or anything since the online servers came back up?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

real nap poo poo posted:

When the second one spawns, back off and don't engage them. Wait it out until the third one spawns, at which point they'll start fighting each other. Use the opportunity to back-stab the main dude. You can also parry them, if you want to give it a shot.

The second phase is trickier, and it might take a few tries to learn the patterns. Dodging against and through his attacks is a good idea. Making it through the first phase with a nice stock of estus is a huge help.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I believe there's a ring that makes you invisible at a distance, but it doesn't work close up:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Obscuring+Ring

There's another one that makes you invisible while rolling:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Carthus+Milkring

And a spell that makes you translucent but not totally invisible:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hidden+Body

Thanks!

Someone posted this video yesterday and I spent all afternoon laughing like a baboon doing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

real nap poo poo posted:

For the first part, try to fight the duo in the middle of the arena, the third one that spawns will fight them as well, giving you chances at some free potshots. Phase 2 is really about just trying to stagger him with quick attacks while rolling or blocking, like any other humanoid fights. Also backstab everything if you can.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

real nap poo poo posted:

Every time a third Abyss Watcher spawns, it'll be hostile to the other two. They'll wear themselves down given enough time, or at least the two "fake" ones will be busy fighting each other and you can go after the main one.

I've never managed it but supposedly they're backstabbable, unlike many bosses.

For the third form, roll towards, not away. The fire trail lasts a while and it has more range than the sword itself so it'll often still hit you even if you roll back.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Had no idea the third one would attack them - never got that far. Very helpful, thanks

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh that's what he did my god. He cast hidden body put on the obscuring ring and the untrue white ring. So he was invisible then he just popped in like a phantom. Guddamn that's loving clever!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Wagrid posted:

Less annoying than trying to fighting those jumpy Ghru in enclosed spaces. If somebody offered to go grab the tomes/estus upgrades for me on the condition that I beat Bed of Chaos for them I'd happily make that trade. No I am not defending Bed of Chaos.

I'd come back over levelled, but I had to play a loving pyromancer, didn't I?

Jumpy Ghru didn't give me many problems. It was coming in from the downstairs on those pyromancer bastards and their floating suns that got me killed several times. Forgetting to take off the Fire clutch ring since I was also a pyromancer might have had something to do with me dying a lot.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The only enemy I had trouble with in the ruins was human form Tsorig, and that was solved by tricking a black knight into fighting him for me.

The ghru are seriously incredibly easy, I don't understand anyone having trouble with them. They're like one step up from the hollows with weapons in the high wall. The four armed guys are tricky but you just have to lure them away from their floating fire turrets. Stay in their face and punish their giant, telegraphed sweeping attacks and when they attempt to put out another turret.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Shannow posted:

Someone posted this video yesterday and I spent all afternoon laughing like a baboon doing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpurtahtnu0

Lmao

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
The simple Ghru that only have straightforward attacks are incredibly easy. The ones that jump after you hit them once, and also do a grab/neck snap attack are a giant pain in the rear end.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is the sword spear good for PvE or is it more for pvp? I'm thinking pushing towards a quality build in NG+ and using the sunlight straight sword, lothric knight sword, drakeblood sword, and/or that. All depending on what's more fun.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Do the effects of the horsehoof ring and tsorig's ring interact with each other at all? Thinking about starting a KICKMAN build or something stupid like that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So doesn't this game already have a system where if a passworded player has a highly upgraded weapon, it gets downscaled to match the host? Why do weapon tiers even exist in this case? Why not just auto match your weapon to a level that is close to the hosts?

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

havenwaters posted:

Jumpy Ghru didn't give me many problems. It was coming in from the downstairs on those pyromancer bastards and their floating suns that got me killed several times. Forgetting to take off the Fire clutch ring since I was also a pyromancer might have had something to do with me dying a lot.

I eventually just gave up on actually doing the area and sprinted to all the critical treasure. Now I can move onto cool and good area, Irithyll.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I hope the next patch fixes The black bow, I think the last one broke it :smith:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cicadas! posted:

Do the effects of the horsehoof ring and tsorig's ring interact with each other at all? Thinking about starting a KICKMAN build or something stupid like that.

God I hope so that sounds fun.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I guess the server is going down for maintenance in 10 min.

Shame, I was having fun as the world's goofiest mad phantom

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I finally get summoned in to help as a blue sentinel and the host pulled the plug right as I zoned in. :downsgun:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Just finished the game with my pyro build. Chaos Orb makes the entire back half of the game laughably easy.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They just pushed a server maintenance message on ps4. Servers gonna be offline in 10 minutes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I discovered if you are a purple phantom you get a shackle if the host gets invaded if either one wins

So I just started dodge rolling in between their fight back and forth and throwing poop at both of them

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Anyone have tips for Dancer at SL1? I keep getting close but dying at like 30%.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Thumbtacks posted:

Anyone have tips for Dancer at SL1? I keep getting close but dying at like 30%.

Don't

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

my first fight again consumed king and I get him down to 40% and he one shots me with his dash

gonna be one of these huh

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Does the stuff the handmaiden sells at the dark shrine carry over to her regular inventory?

e: Mainly referring to the armour set.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

alright well i guess that is technically advice

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Melanion posted:

Does the stuff the handmaiden sells at the dark shrine carry over to her regular inventory?

Nope!

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Balls. I guess I'll have to farm souls for it and fight my way back through the knights. Goddamn depressing place.

..or use the ~60k worth of soul consumables I had on me. Derp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Melanion posted:

Nope, gotta buy it there. I accidentally killed her the first time (set the controller down to take a drink and it got bumped and I attacked) and lost that stuff because of it.