Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bloodychill posted:

I took a quick look at the ds3 thread and will continue my policy of enjoying souls games without reading the souls threads here. Man what a train wreck.

That joke thread title suggestion was accurate.

DS3 is the worst. Worst at bringing out Soul goons being a bunch of goddamn spergs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TheScott2K posted:

Motherfucker it's a video game of darts. I'm surprised it took them till the third try to put some tits on the cover.
what do you mean, i see tits on all three covers :confused:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Nioh is extremely good, though it needs a little more time in the oven, certainly. The core mechanics work great; combat especially is really strategic; there's a need to be quick and aggressive, but the game expects you to fight like a samurai, and that means being patient and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. The block in this game, despite the absence of a shield, is actually very very good and is a key component to movement in combat, which is also quite different from Dark Souls.

The level design is pure souls though. Lots of shortcuts, ladders to kick down, pitfalls, vertical levels. The intro area is okay, but the area after it is really loving cool to explore, even if I'm just getting wrecked by every other monster and his mother. The enemies in this game dont' gently caress around, and I think that some have a fair bit too much health.

Sold. I am so getting this.

Mordja posted:

I think they're evil because they're controlled by Big Corporation (tm). PMCs have become the ethically "safe" enemy to kill en-masse in videogames, but they still want to link it to the first Homefront for some reason which is why they're specifically a North Korean company-state. I'll bet you anything that one of your allies will be an NK resistance fighter to show that they aren't all bad.

Yeah, but they are basically only North Korea because it's okay to demonize North Korea in real life. I get it, it just feels kind of gross to me personally. Like North Korea is a "safe" country to demonize due to current politics, so in your totally fictional setting, they will be the bad guys even though fictional NK has nothing in common with real NK.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snak posted:

Yeah, but they are basically only North Korea because it's okay to demonize North Korea in real life. I get it, it just feels kind of gross to me personally. Like North Korea is a "safe" country to demonize due to current politics, so in your totally fictional setting, they will be the bad guys even though fictional NK has nothing in common with real NK.
I thought they filtered all media that comes into North Korea anyway though? So the people who should be offended aren't even going to see it, it's a bunch of -ism against people who will never be aware of it and would rather not interact with us anyway. From what I understand they like being demonized anyway because it helps their case for martyrdom vs the evil everyone else.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

theultimo posted:

That's why I watched the movie double down last night, Neil Breen makes me laugh and no one appreciates him. thanks for reminding me

neil breen is my hero

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

You should return it maybe? Like was it just the cartridge lying in a classroom?

It was in an empty part of the common area at like 5pm.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's neat

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mordja posted:

I think they're evil because they're controlled by Big Corporation (tm). PMCs have become the ethically "safe" enemy to kill en-masse in videogames, but they still want to link it to the first Homefront for some reason which is why they're specifically a North Korean company-state. I'll bet you anything that one of your allies will be an NK resistance fighter to show that they aren't all bad.

Plus its written by the dude who wrote far cry 4, so expect both sides to be lovely in various ways. I expect to be slightly less lovely then 1. again the polygon article explains why 1 was so poo poo and all over the place tonaly. http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/3560318/homefront-kaos-studios-thq

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 27, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Bring back the enthusiastic fat guys holding wii remotes please

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Cardboard Box A posted:

Bring back the enthusiastic fat guys holding wii remotes please

Turn your monitor on.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PantsBandit posted:

Turn your monitor on.

:iceburn: :holymoley: :drat: :vince: :master:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

PantsBandit posted:

Turn your monitor on.

I think you mean to say he should turn his monitor off.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Either way the Turn Your Monitor On Meme has officially died this day.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

codenameFANGIO posted:

Either way the Turn Your Monitor On Meme has officially died this day.

:rip:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Such a happy tush

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So apparently my ps4 thinks the hard drive is full even though it reports 20 gigs free. Consequently it didn't download the Nioh demo earlier. I cleared another 20 gigs and now it is downloading. But now instead of playing it I'm waiting impatiently.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Snak posted:

So apparently my ps4 thinks the hard drive is full even though it reports 20 gigs free. Consequently it didn't download the Nioh demo earlier. I cleared another 20 gigs and now it is downloading. But now instead of playing it I'm waiting impatiently.

The real Playstation experience. I don't own a PS4, is it as bad as it was on PS3?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

theultimo posted:

That's why I watched the movie double down last night, Neil Breen makes me laugh and no one appreciates him. thanks for reminding me

*knocks laptop and a bunch of books off my desk*

gently caress you pal

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I watched some new Pax East footage of Cuphead and they said they added in traditional platforming levels between the boss fights. Be still my heart! :swoon:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I watched some new Pax East footage of Cuphead and they said they added in traditional platforming levels between the boss fights. Be still my heart! :swoon:
wait, it was just boss fights before? what?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

wait, it was just boss fights before? what?

Yeah, it was but then it got unexpected hype and MS decided that a game with that much attention couldn't be just a boss rush game and made them add levels. It'll still probably be good but that's still also sounds like a formula for how most cool games become bad.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FanaticalMilk posted:

The real Playstation experience. I don't own a PS4, is it as bad as it was on PS3?

This is the first time I've had a problem. I love my ps4.

Also Nioh is pretty great so far. It's like Ninja Gaiden, Way of the Samurai, and Dark Souls had a baby.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I think pro darts players are allowed to drink beer at competitions. It's as sport-like as an e-sport
They stopped that after this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQrzcu4BrhY

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Allowing darts to be played at a beer drinking competition does seem like a more dangerous proposition.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In what context would people play darts and not be drunk?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

This is the first time I've had a problem. I love my ps4.

Also Nioh is pretty great so far. It's like Ninja Gaiden, Way of the Samurai, and Dark Souls had a baby.

If you ever had a PS3 you would know the inane annoyance of downloading digital games. Everything required doubled the size of the stated game because you had to download the entire thing, then install the entire file whihc would double the size on the hard drive, and then delete the original download. It was awful

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

don't worry gamers, the artistic integrity of the medium is safe with our youtube watchdogs on the case
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/725455568144470016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
This guy sure knows alot about the kind of underwear 17 year old girls wear.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

I felt a great disturbance in the anime, as if millions of weebs suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Motto posted:

don't worry gamers, the artistic integrity of the medium is safe with our youtube watchdogs on the case

what's the difference

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of horny nerds, I find it funny that the strawman that people who rail against video game "censorship" always use of "Lara Croft in a winter parka" is actually in the new Tomb Raider game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna lie, one of the things that made me so hyped about the tomb raider reboot was they finally gave Lara some drat pants. I'm the person those people hate and I'm fine with that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of horny nerds, I find it funny that the strawman that people who rail against video game "censorship" always use of "Lara Croft in a winter parka" is actually in the new Tomb Raider game.
coincidentally i'm playing tomb raider anniversary and she's in snowy rear end mountains with her OG shorts and tank top, girl gonna get pneumonia

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Pants and a coat? #NotMyLara

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Motto posted:

First it was not putting the 13-year-old in revealing swimsuits, next it was not drugging the bisexual, now it's not showing of snowy-white pantsu! When will the censorship end!?!??

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
SMT X FE ended up being such an utter waste of potential.

We could have had an awesome tactical RPG where you can have stuff like Raidou Kuzunoha, Demi-Fiend, Ike, Lyn, Lucina, and the P4 team fighting Yahweh.

Instead we get this.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 28, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

If you ever had a PS3 you would know the inane annoyance of downloading digital games. Everything required doubled the size of the stated game because you had to download the entire thing, then install the entire file whihc would double the size on the hard drive, and then delete the original download. It was awful

Except I had 20 gigs free and it was a <4 gig dl, so I don't think that's what was going on.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Accordion Man posted:

We could have had an awesome tactical RPG where you can have stuff like Raidou Kuzunoha, Demi-Fiend, Ike, Lyn, Lucina, and the P4 team fighting Yahweh.

Instead we get this.

I am very excited for Sharp FE and I don't care about spats or panties to be honest

I care about sleek, sensual stats. Oooo baby yeah, you get plus two in strength. Oh what's that? You wanna get lucky? Mmm girl, you know luck's a waste, but I can't say no to you, there's a point in luck.

I hope there's enemies who will ambush you and cast insta-death immediately just like in every good SMT game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

Instead we get this.

Non-FG crossovers are usually messes of conflicting IPs and shoehorned mechanics, so I'm happy getting a quirky new IP that's basically just another Atlus RPG instead.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 28, 2016

• Locked thread