Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Thumbtacks posted:

Anyone have tips for Dancer at SL1? I keep getting close but dying at like 30%.

summon the incredible missing hitbox samurai man (before he gets patched out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They'll patch out invincible Sword Master at the same time as they do the sick Firelink tree ramp (never ever).

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Ugh. Spent 20k souls on this tower ring and for what? An estus ring that doesn't give a tangible benefit, and the fire keeper soul.

I got robbed!

Thumbtacks posted:

Cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSsQsllPGg

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What's a good place to invade using a troll chameleon and firestorm build

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

Ugh. Spent 20k souls on this tower ring and for what? An estus ring that doesn't give a tangible benefit, and the fire keeper soul.

I got robbed!

Check the roof

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

lite_sleepr posted:

I got robbed!

I use that tower mainly to get Patches to spawn for Siggy's quest chain. Other than that, I DO like how the Firekeeper's Robes look.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

lite_sleepr posted:

I got robbed!

you need to go into the very top of tower for patches to lock you in. If you forgive him when you escape he becomes a p baller vendor.

In addition he can save Greirat instead of Siegward in his looting of Iythryl or whatever it's spelled.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

actionjackson posted:

Check the roof

I did the fire keeper soul was up there. She can heal my dark sign, but I don't have one :confused:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

lite_sleepr posted:

I got robbed!

It also unlocks two other things

One will pump your rump, and you will get a kick out of the other one

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I wish the dark hand grab/Sacred flame came out fast enough to actually punish parries or people who shield turtle. Sadly, I've never managed to make either work. Maybe the latter works if you're packing a sage's ring? I dunno why they didn't let you upgrade the dark hand and use it as a caestus type weapon (dual wielding when 2-handed) in the main hand as well as a shield in the offhand. At least then it'd have some use. I just think it looks cool.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Also yeah drop to that lower building and look around there's an Estus shard under the bird nest if you look carefully.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I keep getting server messages telling me to log out for impending maintenance taking place at 1800 PDT, or moon time so w/e.

I'll gently caress around in that tower some more I guess.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

lite_sleepr posted:

I keep getting server messages telling me to log out for impending maintenance taking place at 1800 PDT, or moon time so w/e.

Well that answers the question I was about to ask about not being able to login.

What the gently caress is this reset during the states hours bullshit? Resets should always gently caress over the Aussies didn't these people get the message.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

lite_sleepr posted:

Have fun finding the OTHER ring!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Turtlicious posted:

Is there any way to go completely invisible in this game? My buddy and I got invaded by a mage who went 100% see through.

No the ring that does that is really good. It was quite hard to see the guy in the dragon area.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
last night i was pleased to find out if you have the cat ring (maybe also if you don't???) you can just bop down into that valley next to eygon and let irina out without ever grabbing the key, which is nice on ng+ at least

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oceiros it would be very nice if you stopped one-shotting me and went down like the jobber you are

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Luceid posted:

last night i was pleased to find out if you have the cat ring (maybe also if you don't???) you can just bop down into that valley next to eygon and let irina out without ever grabbing the key, which is nice on ng+ at least

a life ring and/or embering can probably give you enough HP to survive it w/o the cat ring, fyi

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Section Z posted:

Have fun finding the OTHER ring!

Oh and there's a fire keeper set if you can pull off a really stupid jump but gently caress that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Why are Hollow Gems a far less common drop than the Storyteller's Staff. :catstare:

I've gotten 3 staves and 0 gems so far in about a half hour of farming the storyteller straight back from the Halfway Fortress bonfire.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Thumbtacks posted:

From my experience trying to Sunbro at SL1 and SL31 in that area, what you should do is go to the first bonfire of High Wall and then summon 3 phantoms there, then proceed to run to Dancer having killed everything on the way already and get wrecked in 20 seconds after entering because she's 4x more powerful now and you have a bunch of useless phantoms that can't beat her either

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Gems are in the rarest category of drops, along with covenant rewards

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

lite_sleepr posted:

Oh and there's a fire keeper set if you can pull off a really stupid jump but gently caress that.

My best luck was just running off there instead of jumping.

So anyway, do buffs actually do poo poo in this? Because I'm finding that, regardless of what buffs I'm slapping onto my weapons, they don't actually do anything. Maybe there are just a lot of enemies that resist every element in this game, but I'm finding that I'm not even getting any mileage out of Crystal Magic Weapon.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Ruggington posted:

oceiros it would be very nice if you stopped one-shotting me and went down like the jobber you are

I consumed him with a heaping helping of cheese because I was well tired of his loving charge.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
So, co-op is totally glitchy in this game and it's not just me, right? Tried it out for the first time last night and encountered a different crazy bug each time I was summoned.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've never gotten Patches to spawn my first time going up the tower. He only spawns if I go in a second time, and there's no point to doing that so I'd never have found him if people in the thread didn't explicitly tell me to go back there.

I also just discovered that he has unique dialogue for locking you in there when your character is male.

"Don't feel bad! Its every man's dream, right? Surrounded by tons of ladies!" :lol:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

NTT posted:

Gems are in the rarest category of drops, along with covenant rewards

I love this game but some of the design decisions are completely loving stupid. Let's have a robust weapon customization system but nah you can't buy infusion gems and there's a limited supply of them as guaranteed loot also they are the rarest drop on loot tables.

:psyduck:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I ran all through the firelink tower and patches never appeared to me What do I need to do?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

lite_sleepr posted:

I admit it took me two tries for that one :downs: but I also waited until I had low souls to do it (besides, easy enough to get the souls back anyways).

Internet Kraken posted:

I've never gotten Patches to spawn my first time going up the tower. He only spawns if I go in a second time, and there's no point to doing that so I'd never have found him if people in the thread didn't explicitly tell me to go back there.

I also just discovered that he has unique dialogue for locking you in there when your character is male.

"Don't feel bad! Its every man's dream, right? Surrounded by tons of ladies!" :lol:
I'm assuming he was taking pity on me because I think I took like, 4 separate trips to that room before finally going "Maybe THIS time he will spawn?" a few area clears later and sure enough, there he was. I'm assuming he was still probably scripted to appear at that other place, but I zigged instead of zagged and beat the Abyss Watchers before so much as entering the Cathedral.

Shame he vanishes off panel if you make it down alive and head back up without using the bonfire. Would have been fun to ask him he he trapped any idiots lately.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Internet Kraken posted:

The NPC quests are usually esoteric but it was next to impossible to accidently run into them and I'm hoping that the new update means that you can find Patches and Siegward while progressing through the Cathedral normally.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Is the Blue Phantom reputation thing supposed to be this finicky? I only get about 10 or so summons a night and half of those result in me zoning in, seeing a "Victory!" screen and then leaving the server without my trophy ear. I assumed in the time it took me to zone in, the phantom was killed, but come on, give me credit for it!

About a quarter result in me zoning in to, "The Host was defeated, returning to your world." Getting to 30 tokens is going to be a slog if this keeps up and I can't see it getting better as people try out other factions that aren't Way of the Blue.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I was hoping Patches would have some sort of extra dialogue if you just Homeward Bone right in front of him after he taunts you through the door.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Internet Kraken posted:

lite_sleepr posted:

I ran all through the firelink tower and patches never appeared to me What do I need to do?

You don't have to run twice, you need to unlock the door during the Cathedral of the Deep

As long as Cathedral is open you will get him to appear

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You don't have to run twice, you need to unlock the door during the Cathedral of the Deep

As long as Cathedral is open you will get him to appear

I *just* got to the Undead Settlement. Do I need to go further in the game before he'll appear?

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

lite_sleepr posted:

I *just* got to the Undead Settlement. Do I need to go further in the game before he'll appear?

I had to finish out Deacons in the Cathedral before he did, but its probably tied to opening the doors in there.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

how did you get 20,000 souls just at lothric?

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not sure if he did what I did, but killing dancer with katana guy cheese gives you 45,000 souls.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Cicadas! posted:

Do the effects of the horsehoof ring and tsorig's ring interact with each other at all? Thinking about starting a KICKMAN build or something stupid like that.

The wiki says the horsehoof is +10% stamina drain on attacks too, +30% on kicks. Stacks with knightslayer.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I Sargento'd me the Nippon Desu samurai guy and the boreal dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lite_sleepr posted:

I got robbed!

In addition to what everyone else said:

lizard ahead (emote gesture points behind left tower)