Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
Is Panda ok? He said he'd post his book once he got home...seems he encountered something unfortunate and tragic (a mirror?) on the way home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
RIP Pandemonium, killed by bingo

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Barto posted:

Is Panda ok? He said he'd post his book once he got home...seems he encountered something unfortunate and tragic (a mirror?) on the way home.

lol you thought he was actually going to do it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

lokk posted:

hello i am from pingtung and my chinese isn't that good. i throw stickyballs a lot and drink a lot as well. here's the view from my bathroom.

:same:

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

lokk posted:

hello i am from pingtung and my chinese isn't that good. i throw stickyballs a lot and drink a lot as well. here's the view from my bathroom.

Will you be in pingtung during dragon boat?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

I'm the unused surgical mask

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm the hand in the underwear

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

lol you thought he was actually going to do it.

I did suspect that he might have some difficulty taking a picture of nothing.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me
Nah, it's honestly tricky because I would rather not have something with my real name on it posted in this thread, but I don't know what kind of pic would be believable other than one with my name in it or with the book's title, which would make looking up my name a cinch.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
No one cares who you really are.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Atlas Hugged posted:

No one cares who you really are.

not even The Ladies?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

I'd agree with you except that you goons have catalogued my posts in this thread to make a totally cool bingo game and gone back in my post history and reposted stuff from a year + ago and done all kinds of weird goon things. Some of you have an unhealthy relationship to this account, is what I'm saying. So I'd rather not take my chances with you lot. Besides, you are all goons who apologize for dog eating. And if someone has a problem with dog eating they are clearly being racist or some poo poo.

Edit: poo poo, I forgot the most obvious: one of you actually spent money to change my avatar. Big roflmaos.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You know no one has to go through your poo poo or catalog anything because a chatbot would be less predictable than you.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/AsBaWW2.jpg

I hope you can see this in the imgur upload. Do you see the black and white framed photo on the far left there? Behind that are most of the books I've had published so far. Four different companies, various levels, subject matters, and amounts of contribution on my part (some I edited, some I 100% wrote), but those are the majority so far. If you don't believe me, tough cookies.

And Tetsuo, you are a man approaching his 40s if not in his 40s who has a YouTube playlist for dumb gently caress burn videos (backpedal, holy poo poo, etc.; possibly an imgur full of quippy pics, too!) and who says mad salty without a hint of irony. And who clearly worships at the PC altar--"don't agree with some other culture eating dog? Well you're a racist" is you. It doesn't get goonier than you, good sir.

Oh, and you responded to my post-run post almost instantaneously, so I know you are just sitting at your computer jamming F5 every three seconds hoping I'll post something else. Well, here's one more!

Edit: eagerly awaiting come back after my shower to a one-line poo poo post or a YouTube video or some other inane worthless post on your part!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
"Worships at the PC altar"

Wait, what? Idgi

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Chantilly Say posted:

Wait, what? Idgi

He's a Mac.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

Wait, what? Idgi
He's a skeleton racist

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

http://i.imgur.com/AsBaWW2.jpg

I hope you can see this in the imgur upload. Do you see the black and white framed photo on the far left there? Behind that are most of the books I've had published so far. Four different companies, various levels, subject matters, and amounts of contribution on my part (some I edited, some I 100% wrote), but those are the majority so far. If you don't believe me, tough cookies.

And Tetsuo, you are a man approaching his 40s if not in his 40s who has a YouTube playlist for dumb gently caress burn videos (backpedal, holy poo poo, etc.; possibly an imgur full of quippy pics, too!) and who says mad salty without a hint of irony. And who clearly worships at the PC altar--"don't agree with some other culture eating dog? Well you're a racist" is you. It doesn't get goonier than you, good sir.

Oh, and you responded to my post-run post almost instantaneously, so I know you are just sitting at your computer jamming F5 every three seconds hoping I'll post something else. Well, here's one more!

Edit: eagerly awaiting come back after my shower to a one-line poo poo post or a YouTube video or some other inane worthless post on your part!
Oh no you've really got me pinned in here man I guess you win this fight literally only you think is happening

E: although I'll cop to being goony af, we have pages upon pages of evidence I'm not even the gooniest person on this page.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Maybe it's me but I can't make out anything in that photo.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

"don't agree with some other culture eating dog? Well you're a racist"

this is 100% coming from you being unable to read between the lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

also here this is from my carefully curated burn playlist that's called youtube search, maybe you've heard of it

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh no you've really got me pinned in here man I guess you win this fight literally only you think is happening

E: although I'll cop to being goony af, we have pages upon pages of evidence I'm not even the gooniest person on this page.

Aaaaaand delivered. Thanks! You don't get to call someone you don't know a racist and poo poo post after poo poo post after poo poo post with wicked mad burns and pretend like you're totally uninvested.

The pic was just meant to give you an idea, not to show you titles. I'm sorry, but some of you goons are too weird (see stuff mentioned) and too into burning me via wasting your time and money for me to feel like any of you having my real name is a good idea. I'm sure most of you don't give two fucks, but it only takes one weirdo. Just one.

And PC = Politically Correct. I thought that was a well-known acronym, no? When you actually defend dog eating cuz it's just how they do things over there and who are we to judge, to me that is PC multicultural garbage, sorry. Agree to disagree, whatever. But I pretty much made up my mind on this nonsense after reading a Stanley Fish article on multiculturalism, something he wrote in the late 90s, well before this current ultra-PC regressive liberal climate in the west.

Here's a link if any of you want to read it:
https://handleshaus.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/boutique-multiculturalism.pdf

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I mean, this thread is mostly full of innocuous advice about finding jobs and looking for apartments and occasionally people bring up some current events, but most of the time it's fairly quiet in here and people don't really get up in arms at all. You stand out, Pandemonium, by, intentionally or otherwise, "rocking the ship" and you use language and rhetoric that most of the people posting in this thread find off-putting. People remember that and it's not tough to click the little "?" under your posts and then type "ctrl+f" with part of a half-remembered quote. It takes all of 30 seconds. I'm not really sure if it qualifies as creepy because it doesn't even really take any effort and it's literally the intended function of the feature. As for your avatar, you should be thankful someone bought it because that $10 helps keep this dead forum open and if it were to close, you would't be able to drop your truth bombs on your fellow goons.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

duckfarts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

also here this is from my carefully curated burn playlist that's called youtube search, maybe you've heard of it

No it isn't. Don't be disingenuous. I'm not talking generally here, either, and I really don't remember what you posted so sorry. I'm more talking about one of the many Tetsuo shitposts that went something to the effect of (paraphrasing "don't like brown man eating cute dog? How's that burden, whitey?" What a shite post, wouldn't you agree?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

No it isn't. Don't be disingenuous. I'm not talking generally here, either, and I really don't remember what you posted so sorry. I'm more talking about one of the many Tetsuo shitposts that went something to the effect of (paraphrasing "don't like brown man eating cute dog? How's that burden, whitey?" What a shite post, wouldn't you agree?

Thx for illustrating his point

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

I mean, this thread is mostly full of innocuous advice about finding jobs and looking for apartments and occasionally people bring up some current events, but most of the time it's fairly quiet in here and people don't really get up in arms at all. You stand out, Pandemonium, by, intentionally or otherwise, "rocking the ship" and you use language and rhetoric that most of the people posting in this thread find off-putting. People remember that and it's not tough to click the little "?" under your posts and then type "ctrl+f" with part of a half-remembered quote. It takes all of 30 seconds. I'm not really sure if it qualifies as creepy because it doesn't even really take any effort and it's literally the intended function of the feature. As for your avatar, you should be thankful someone bought it because that $10 helps keep this dead forum open and if it were to close, you would't be able to drop your truth bombs on your fellow goons.

Good point. But really, it's that desire to "ctrl+f" and go on a hunt for that juicy quote from six months ago or whatever, not the time it takes, that is the issue in my mind. It is a giant sign meaning, no matter how someone wants to pretend they are not invested in this conversation, they really really care and have to "dig up that dirt" or whatever. I've never once searched anyone's post history in this thread (or any other that I can remember) because I honestly don't care enough to. It smacks of try-hard goony weirdo to me to go quote-mining another user.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pandemonium posted:

And PC = Politically Correct. I thought that was a well-known acronym, no? When you actually defend dog eating cuz it's just how they do things over there and who are we to judge, to me that is PC multicultural garbage, sorry. Agree to disagree, whatever. But I pretty much made up my mind on this nonsense after reading a Stanley Fish article on multiculturalism, something he wrote in the late 90s, well before this current ultra-PC regressive liberal climate in the west.

Here's a link if any of you want to read it:
https://handleshaus.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/boutique-multiculturalism.pdf

I mean... I get what PC means, I just didn't think people actually talked like this outside of Fox News talkshow panels. Ultra-PC regressive liberal climate? This is word soup.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

For someone who thinks referring to things someone said earlier is "creepy" you sure seem to be fighting that urge tooth and nail every time I post at you.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

duckfarts posted:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

Good point. But really, it's that desire to "ctrl+f" and go on a hunt for that juicy quote from six months ago or whatever, not the time it takes, that is the issue in my mind. It is a giant sign meaning, no matter how someone wants to pretend they are not invested in this conversation, they really really care and have to "dig up that dirt" or whatever. I've never once searched anyone's post history in this thread (or any other that I can remember) because I honestly don't care enough to. It smacks of try-hard goony weirdo to me to go quote-mining another user.

*shrug* It's not like you don't paraphrase goons when their quote isn't on the page you were reading. The last thing I'd want to do when talking with you is to misquote you because I know you'll remember what you said and then I'll just look like a bigger idiot for getting it wrong. It's not necessarily about being invested in the conversation, it's about fair representation and accuracy.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Pandemonium posted:

It smacks of try-hard goony weirdo to me

Uh yah. Agreedo, my friend.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, dorks. Since the plum rains are making things hazy here in Chiayi and I can't get a decent shot of my view of the Jiabei area from my balcony, I'm going to derail.

I know a bunch of you are miniature war game players. What are you guys getting into as of late? I'm getting the itch to start painting again, and there's a new TG Oath thread about to open. Are you guys into Frostgrave, or should I convert you to the dark side of Historicals?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

*shrug* It's not like you don't paraphrase goons when their quote isn't on the page you were reading. The last thing I'd want to do when talking with you is to misquote you because I know you'll remember what you said and then I'll just look like a bigger idiot for getting it wrong. It's not necessarily about being invested in the conversation, it's about fair representation and accuracy.

That's not quote-mining, though. Come on, you have to admit there is a difference between paraphrasing and quote-mining. I'm just trying to hold people to what they wrote earlier because people on the internet love moving goalposts on and/or hand-waving away anything they have previously posted. But there's of course a limit. Not a sharp, defined one, but I'm not going back weeks and months to find some "gotcha" post. And when you quote-mine to make a bingo card, it's a bit too much, don't you think? I mean, I guess I made a South Park reference before, but I honestly can't remember, yet that bingo card-maker guy, he was on top of things.

So yeah, it's creepy when another user is more aware of what you posted in the past than you are.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
You're really in the wrong country for miniatures. There's a decent boardgame scene and I assume some people play X-Wing in the Bei Area, but anything more elaborate is going to be a handful of enthusiasts running it out of their house.

You should really be in Bangkok if you want to get your wargame on. There are active Saga, Frostgrave, Kings of War, and 40k scenes.

But honestly Frostgrave is terrible and people are only going nuts for it because some of the modes are good and GW has hosed up so bad recently.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

I mean... I get what PC means, I just didn't think people actually talked like this outside of Fox News talkshow panels. Ultra-PC regressive liberal climate? This is word soup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?RubinReport

I like this gay liberal guy who used to work for TYT iirc (gently caress TYT), and he claims he came up with the word regressive liberal. So nice try on the Fox News hand-waving, but this is definitely terminology that gets used by sane liberals to refer to the fringe elements(s).

Highly recommend this guy's channel, though. He's got good interviews. His short interview with that British fellow Stephen Fry is what caused said regressive liberal EssJayWuus to lose their poo poo and pillory an older gay man with documented depression over his choice of words.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Atlas Hugged posted:

You're really in the wrong country for miniatures. There's a decent boardgame scene and I assume some people play X-Wing in the Bei Area, but anything more elaborate is going to be a handful of enthusiasts running it out of their house.

You should really be in Bangkok if you want to get your wargame on. There are active Saga, Frostgrave, Kings of War, and 40k scenes.

But honestly Frostgrave is terrible and people are only going nuts for it because some of the modes are good and GW has hosed up so bad recently.

Yeah, shockingly enough there's another city where the expat scene is goonier than here, or at least large enough so that the total amount of gooniness is greater just through weight of numbers.

Some of the expats even agree with Pandemonium about Asian cultures being backwards trash heaps, too!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Atlas Hugged posted:

Eh, that's what I figured. The boardgame scene has only recently shown up in Chiayi, and it's still pretty small. Maybe I'll just order some stuff to paint; that's the side of the hobby that I'm itching to get back into anyways more so than arguing with grogs about rules. Though I do have some Wangs that I'll bring with me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pandemonium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?RubinReport

I like this gay liberal guy who used to work for TYT iirc (gently caress TYT), and he claims he came up with the word regressive liberal. So nice try on the Fox News hand-waving, but this is definitely terminology that gets used by sane liberals to refer to the fringe elements(s).

Highly recommend this guy's channel, though. He's got good interviews. His short interview with that British fellow Stephen Fry is what caused said regressive liberal EssJayWuus to lose their poo poo and pillory an older gay man with documented depression over his choice of words.

So what does "regressive liberal" actually mean to you?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

That's not quote-mining, though. Come on, you have to admit there is a difference between paraphrasing and quote-mining. I'm just trying to hold people to what they wrote earlier because people on the internet love moving goalposts on and/or hand-waving away anything they have previously posted. But there's of course a limit. Not a sharp, defined one, but I'm not going back weeks and months to find some "gotcha" post. And when you quote-mine to make a bingo card, it's a bit too much, don't you think? I mean, I guess I made a South Park reference before, but I honestly can't remember, yet that bingo card-maker guy, he was on top of things.

So yeah, it's creepy when another user is more aware of what you posted in the past than you are.

It's a comedy forum and it was intended as a joke. People go to a ton of effort on this site to (try to) be funny. And I'm being honest here, your posts are probably the only ones people ever remember. Every time you hop into a conversation, we have a flurry of posting. That sticks out in people's memories. I'm not going to go quote mining, but I'm almost certain that the South Park square was because of a PC Principle quote. I don't need to take any effort to remember that because it's notable alone in the context of this thread. It's not like I think about it at all when I'm not posting in here or you haven't posted in awhile, but if someone else references it, I know exactly what they're talking about. Hell I can't even remember where most of the people in this thread live and that's way more relevant than if you quoted South Park, and yet here we are.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I love waking up to see this:

It's how I know it's going to be a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

YF19pilot posted:

Eh, that's what I figured. The boardgame scene has only recently shown up in Chiayi, and it's still pretty small. Maybe I'll just order some stuff to paint; that's the side of the hobby that I'm itching to get back into anyways more so than arguing with grogs about rules. Though I do have some Wangs that I'll bring with me.

But how do you know which tier of nerd you are if you don't argue about rules?