Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

PBS Newshour posted:

i do not understand amazon echo at all

It's a device for people who are cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Hope they were better live than recorded.

I legit wasn't into them when Funeral first dropped, but the conclusion I've come to is that they're a band that needs to be heard on a really good stereo or live. Speaker cones need to move some air.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Actually, I ordered two Echos. My step-dad has MD and is in a wheelchair and use of his arms and hands are not great so an Echo will be extraordinarily useful in his daily life (hopefully).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BottleKnight posted:

Actually, I ordered two Echos. My step-dad has MD and is in a wheelchair and use of his arms and hands are not great so an Echo will be extraordinarily useful in his daily life (hopefully).

that makes sense, i just don't get talking to machines unless if its a cute bb8

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

that makes sense, i just don't get talking to machines unless if its a cute bb8

ur a cute bb :wink:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can't imagine sleeping thru rebellion, wake up, neighborhood #3, etc

Give neon bible a shot for your old pal taste and if you don't enjoy it I'll make it up to you

Tremendous Taste posted:

Peep the version they did with bowie

Allen Wren posted:

I legit wasn't into them when Funeral first dropped, but the conclusion I've come to is that they're a band that needs to be heard on a really good stereo or live. Speaker cones need to move some air.

Because I try not to be a crusty curmudgeon, I will at some point give these a shot. I'm not sure which of my setups is best to test with. I can go with my amp or my monitor speaker.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

I got a Amazon Echo today. I set up spotify and asked it to play my main Timber playlist. It played me Timber by Pitbull. I deserve this.

wow what a jerk. Timber is a Kesha song you rear end in a top hat

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kesha is way loving better in it, that's for sure. It's actually a catchy song, but the verses are trash.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Can someone link the location map?

Alternatively, any Mafia goons in Portland wanna hang out?

Whatup columbiagoon, I'm on the other side of the river now :chord:

Man. Traveling to japan every month or so really throws a monkey wrench in trying to play mafias.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

#FreePitbull

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Certainly wouldn't pay for it.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
A lotta bad music chat going on right now. Arcade fire are okay though. They have some totes banging tunes but I agree that most of them are really boring and mediocre.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

#FreePitbull

Oh no, sorry, it's #FeatPitbull.

(I hope one day things get better for Kesha.)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Arcade Fire is pretty loving boring

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Busb which ones do you rate. I need to calibrate my busbpinion meter.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Laika and rebellion are good.

It's about it though

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

#FreePitbull

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mafia friends I bought a brand new car today! It's my first new car and I'm super stoked and I had to tell someone.
2016 Ford Focus ST

*not actual photo just looks the same

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like that car a lot

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

A lotta bad music chat going on right now.

A lotta bad ausposts going on right now.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's just because I post a lot.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
postin

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You fuckers made me listen to Arcade Fire again to justify my opinions. It's really just the vocalist that ruins the songs. On Funeral it's just a mush mouth drone. Which is strange because I like Kurt Cobain, but maybe it's more to do with the energy behind it. Laika still suffered from bad vocals.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you like Nirvana type grunge you'd probably like

Postblue - I hope they're praying for me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
oi dickheads shut up

and party

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was going to be so disappointed if that wasn't what I thought it was going to be

but it was

so I wasn't

party!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rurea posted:

Mafia friends I bought a brand new car today! It's my first new car and I'm super stoked and I had to tell someone.
2016 Ford Focus ST

*not actual photo just looks the same

When I was looking at cars in late 2011, I considered a 2012 Ford Focus but ultimately didn't like how they felt. But that is a nice looking car.

I went with a 2012 Hyundai Elantra instead and I've been nothing but satisfied with it. It's now almost 5 years old, I have over 176,000 miles on it and have done very little maintenance on it (I'm even bad at regular oil changes). The check engine light has been on for the past 6 months or so because of a timing chain issue, but the thing just keeps on running. It sounds horrible when I start it in the morning and it takes about 10 minutes or so of driving for it to completely settle in now, but it just keeps on running.

Literally, the only thing I've had replaced on my car are the rear shocks, the brakes a few times and the tires a couple times. I am literally going to drive that car into the ground because the front shocks have been dead for I don't know how long and I'm riding on the springs. I am fully expecting to hit a pothole one day and not come up from it. It's either that or the timing chain will finally give out. I'm still contemplating what I'm going to do once the car does finally die. I'm honestly considering just getting the engine replaced rather than get another car.

edit - I'm a messenger, so I just beat on my car and it's just a 'thing' to me. Yesterday I ended up having to drive from Chicago to a Milwaukee suburb and back and then from Chicago out to Aurora and then finally home. All told, it was just over 300 miles of driving. I had filled up my tank in morning and used most of it driving that day and when I checked the computer numbers, it told me I was getting 37 miles to the gallon on that trip. Even doing mostly city driving, I still end up over 30 mpg.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 28, 2016

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

bowmore posted:

this is p mint

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 27, 2020

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

'Stutes for Sanders were quite far behind.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amoeba102 posted:

'Stutes for Sanders were quite far behind.

we beat Bye Bye Bernie by one point (one of their bros accosted us afterwards).

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

bowmore posted:

Reminds me of Violent Soho and Early Silverchair stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Online dating is the absolute loving best let me tell you. Nothing makes you feel valuable as a human being like shilling yourself on the internet to strangers about why they should want to smooch you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 27, 2020

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Make two accounts and match with yourself.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i changed my okc profile so it now reflects my true nature (500% increase in usage of the word 'goblins') and now nobody messages me

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

oi dickheads shut up

and party

Good palate cleanser after ArcFire. Postblue stuff didn't jump out at me much either.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Allen Wren posted:

I got to be in the audience for Arcade Fire's Austin City Limits taping some time back. It was rad.

Seeing them over here in Paris was excellent, one of the better shows I've seen here. Despite being from Quebec they didn't try to speak French to the crowd. The best were probably the Kills and Yeah Yeah Yeahs, those were amazing shows. Despite being from Quebec they didn't try to speak French to the crowd.

Amoeba102 posted:

I bought Funeral and the Suburbs and it literally put me sleep listening to Funeral the first time I listened to it. There was maybe 2-3 decent songs across those albums. I have also come back a couple of times years later to give them another chance and I come away with the same opinion. Boring.

Sleeping music is good to have around too. You don't have to like everything. I think I heard the band at the right time and while I've revisited them less lately they're still near and dear to my heart. But I'm just a fan of pap filled pop as it is, seeing as the Beatles are still my most listened to band. That and then Sonic Youth. I don't quite know how those 3 being in my top three mix necessarily but yeah.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

San Francisco trip report: I almost got a scoop from my aunt but then she said "actually I better check what the press release said first." Bummer.

If anyone has any must see things for SF or Seattle, let me know. Gonna spend the next week and a half between those two places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Bike the bridge in SF.