Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
:siren::siren::siren:
THEY SURVIVED THE JUMP BECAUSE THERE WAS SNOW
THE DOGS RAN AWAY
TRYSTANE WAS SENT BACK TO DORNE BY JAMIE
THEY KILLED DORAN BECAUSE THE WRITERS ARE CUTTING THEIR LOSSES ON THE DORNE ARC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

SexyBlindfold posted:

[b]
No, the establishing shot before showing Trystane was showing the boat near the harbor in King's Landing. They used a similar shot before Jamie was seen on the smaller boat being rowed towards Cersei.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

The only god-tier tits that exist in this show belong to Mel.

And Sam.

the bad poosay would like a word with you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AMReese posted:

No, the establishing shot before showing Trystane was showing the boat near the harbor in King's Landing. They used a similar shot before Jamie was seen on the smaller boat being rowed towards Cersei.

Also why would he start making eye stones for Myrcella after he was back in Dorne?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

To be honest with you, I had no idea that that was what he was doing. I just thought he was just practicing some hobby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

turtlecrunch posted:

Bran was in the ep preview so probably this Sunday. :dance:

Hodor stands up to his fullest height, cranes his neck back as far as he can and bellows at the top of his mighty lungs,"HODOR!"

But Bran is so tall now that he cannot hear him from so far below.

Later on in the season Bran trips on a small ankle-high object. It is the Wall.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The 2 Sand Snakes followed Jamie in their own boat jesus you people are thick

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, you could always end the story with a great big violent miserably stupid war with the only winners being the people who weren't great movers and shakers.

I'm anticipating that everyone motivated by ego and "might-makes-right" die stupidly, and the survivors are the quiet statesman-types who simply want to govern ethically.

Hyper-masculinity (and characters who've been emasculated) are so central to the story. I can't imagine the ending failing to comment on that in a meaningful way, as well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Josh Lyman posted:

The 2 Sand Snakes followed Jamie in their own boat jesus you people are thick

So why didn't Trystane say "the gently caress are you doing here?" He seemed to expect them on-board.

And why weren't they wet? Just like, rowed their boat up next to him like "oh wow, fancy meeting you here in King's landing... right away... how about you let us chill on your ship? Because reasons."

Doesn't hold water.

The dogs disappearing and the sand snakes appearing on the shore while Myrcella leaves and then teleporting are both continuity errors. Just accept it.

Falling on snow is fine though, not bad enough to be called a plot hole.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

SexyBlindfold posted:

The Duggler posted:

There, it all finally makes sense

This is Jamie's letter to Doran

They should have lingered on this shot more. The Sand Snaked got on the boat when it returned to Dorne, delivering the above message. So not so much continuity error as sloppy editing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

karlor posted:

They should have lingered on this shot more. The Sand Snaked got on the boat when it returned to Dorne, delivering the above message. So not so much continuity error as sloppy editing.

So Trystane left King's Landing with the message, and painted those funeral stones even though he went back to Dorne, skipping the funeral? Nope.

I didn't catch the eye stones thing at first either, but it fucks the whole thing up. That guarantees he's still in king's landing. Its just a continuity error, accept it and move on.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

So why didn't Trystane say "the gently caress are you doing here?" He seemed to expect them on-board.

And why weren't they wet? Just like, rowed their boat up next to him like "oh wow, fancy meeting you here in King's landing... right away... how about you let us chill on your ship? Because reasons."

Doesn't hold water.
What would be the point of reacting like that when he knew why they were there? He was right there when they tried to kidnap his future wife and obviously knew that Myrcella's death was because of them and their mother.

And why would they be wet if they were on a boat? Because you think the only way to get on a boat staffed by Dornish men that are obviously loyal to them is to take a swim? Something tells me they were in on getting Trystane the same treatment.

Also, they'll have to either show that boat sometime or at least show those Sand Snakes, so they could always explain it then. You can't call them continuity errors yet when it isn't a self-contained episode.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 27, 2016

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Dude they hosed up it's okay.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

So Trystane left King's Landing with the message, and painted those funeral stones even though he went back to Dorne, skipping the funeral? Nope.

I didn't catch the eye stones thing at first either, but it fucks the whole thing up. That guarantees he's still in king's landing. Its just a continuity error, accept it and move on.

They could be taking the show in a multiverse/hard sci-fi direction. That is getting really popular this year and the choice to send or keep Trystane is a pretty major decision point. I could see how it could be a point of divergence.

Can the dragons travel through time with someone riding on their back or only by themselves?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

SexyBlindfold posted:

THEY KILLED DORAN BECAUSE THE WRITERS ARE CUTTING THEIR LOSSES ON THE DORNE ARC

This is some supremely wishful thinking.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Rewatched the episode and it is worse the second time around. That's for sure. Area Hotah's face when he gets stabbed is hilarious. I hope ladies like Dorne because its definitely got some pro-woman rah rah rah vibe. If not, sorry. Maybe they are trying to make up for the egregious Bolton - Sansa rapings?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Petty, mindless, violent women that show their tits are what the female viewer has been searching for all along

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Women can murder children too!!!

braveplan
May 1, 2013

DrPlump posted:

They could be taking the show in a multiverse/hard sci-fi direction. That is getting really popular this year and the choice to send or keep Trystane is a pretty major decision point. I could see how it could be a point of divergence.

Can the dragons travel through time with someone riding on their back or only by themselves?

Hell yeah, I can't wait until the meta time reboot where all the houses team up to fight the demon apocalypse.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Does anyone else think it's weird that in all the scenes in the forest we've had over five seasons we haven't seen a beaver running around? Where are the Beavers.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nah, the alternate timeline will be a fakeout.

You see it will all actually end in a church.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Blacktoll posted:

Rewatched the episode and it is worse the second time around. That's for sure. Area Hotah's face when he gets stabbed is hilarious. I hope ladies like Dorne because its definitely got some pro-woman rah rah rah vibe. If not, sorry. Maybe they are trying to make up for the egregious Bolton - Sansa rapings?

Book Dorne is fairly feminist and the show's butchering of it is not going to win them any favors with the feminist audience which already has several issues with the show, like the scene you mentioned. This makes it worse, not better.

turtlecrunch posted:

Petty, mindless, violent women that show their tits are what the female viewer has been searching for all along

Exactly. Trying to get Myrcella to usurp the throne is pretty feminist. Having a bunch of women who flash their boobs at men for shiggles kill her because... Oberyn... is bad.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Just so I don't go looking through every single thread related to Game of Thrones on this board...

Is there a repository or something with all of the gifs/pics made related to Game of Thrones in these threads? A friend of mine has started watching and I want to amuse him by sharing them with him.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I think it's called google

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

AMReese posted:

And why would they be wet if they were on a boat? Because you think the only way to get on a boat staffed by Dornish men that are obviously loyal to them is to take a swim? Something tells me they were in on getting Trystane the same treatment.

If the boat staff were majority disloyal than they would have killed Jamie Lannister, delivering a much bigger f-you to the Lannisters, and had no reason to go back to Kings' Landing.

The content of the letter made the scene make sense, but pointing out the funeral stones fucks it all right up again. I never thought about it but now it's been pointed out. What was he going to do, mail the eye stones back to them long after the body was decomposed?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Bland posted:

This is some supremely wishful thinking.

Got that sense too, though. It was a bad part of season 5, now they're out of the books they can run them headfirst into the Lannisters, have the sand-snakes go up against zombie mountain in a revenge grudge match, then mama snake will see the error of her ways as the rest of her family die horribly, and everyone watching will cheer because they're obnixous characters and the Lannisters become the new protagonists.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

cool and good posted:

I think it's called google

Thanks, smart rear end. Go ahead and Google and see what you find. I bet it's barely anything from SA. It's kind of hard for Google to find stuff locked behind a pay wall and in the archives.

Windfall posted:

If the boat staff were majority disloyal than they would have killed Jamie Lannister, delivering a much bigger f-you to the Lannisters, and had no reason to go back to Kings' Landing.
I would think they're too smart to go up against Jamie when they could wait until him and anyone associated with him left for King's Landing, wait until Trystane is alone, and then kill him. It's not like the Lannisters will weep for his death.

Also, the ship is near King's Landing. What makes you think he wasn't going to hand them over? Especially when there was zero reason for him to go back to Dorne where he knew he would be killed?

AMReese fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 28, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

edit: accidental double post

AMReese fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 28, 2016

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

AMReese posted:

I would think they're too smart to go up against Jamie when they could wait until him and anyone associated with him left for King's Landing, wait until Trystane is alone, and then kill him. It's not like the Lannisters will weep for his death.

Also, the ship is near King's Landing. What makes you think he wasn't going to hand them over? Especially when there was zero reason for him to go back to Dorne where he knew he would be killed?

Then why follow the boat to King's Landing for months with two assassins (off screen, of course) if you know it's going to be headed right back with Trystane on it (because the note said so) in a few months anyway, when you can kill him much closer to home?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Windfall posted:

The content of the letter made the scene make sense, but pointing out the funeral stones fucks it all right up again. I never thought about it but now it's been pointed out. What was he going to do, mail the eye stones back to them long after the body was decomposed?

The ship didn't deliver the letter. A raven did. The ship never left KL harbor.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
So that leaves us with teleporting sand snakes, since they watched the same shape disappear over the horizon (and boarding another, even faster, ship takes time). And the crew wouldn't have let them on board anyways if they already didn't turn on Jamie.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Based on how long Jon has been dead, the boats must have teleported from Dorne to King's Landing anyway

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Windfall posted:

So that leaves us with teleporting sand snakes, since they watched the same shape disappear over the horizon (and boarding another, even faster, ship takes time). And the crew wouldn't have let them on board anyways if they already didn't turn on Jamie.

Does it really matter how they get to King's Landing though? Like you're saying taking a faster ship or even the next ship would be fine. Could it have been better to have another scene showing it sure but I'm fine without it since I don't have to see more of the Sand Snakes. Plus realistic travel times haven't been in the show ever.

And even if the crew wasn't working with the Sand Snakes what reason would they have for stopping them from seeing Trystane? No one in King's Landing knows Doran is dead yet.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Also, if the crew was in on the killing of both Doran and Trystan, why wouldn't they let the Sand Snakes on board? We're arguing in circles here when you can just accept what happened and wait and see if a follow-up episode returns to them. Asking why when there's an entire season left seems rather pointless.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

AMReese posted:

Also, if the crew was in on the killing of both Doran and Trystan, why wouldn't they let the Sand Snakes on board? We're arguing in circles here when you can just accept what happened and wait and see if a follow-up episode returns to them. Asking why when there's an entire season left seems rather pointless.

We're not talking in circles, you're just missing my point that the crew was not in on it. They had just recently stopped the same people from killing Trystane in the water gardens. They would have not let the exact same assassins on board the ship when after months after they suspiciously caught all the way up to them at Kings' Landing, which is completely bizarre by the way. The crew was also not in on it because they did not interfere with Jamie.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If the crew is in on it, why wait until King's Landing? Kill Jaime loving Lannister, the guy you actually hate, instead of the Martells (or in addition to if you really have to)

Its letting him go while killing Doran and Trystane that is so mind boggling. They have the power to overthrow House Martell but oops Jaime escaped! Well, good thing our priorities were in order!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait now I'm confused. Did the Sand Snakes go to King's Landing, or did Trystane sail back to Dorne? I've heard it explained both ways now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Wait now I'm confused. Did the Sand Snakes go to King's Landing, or did Trystane sail back to Dorne? I've heard it explained both ways now.
The Sand Snakes went to King's Landing. Why would Trystane be painting stones to put on Myrcella's eyes at her funeral if he was back in Dorne?

If he were in Dorne, he would have told Prince Doran already. Do you think his ship is faster than the raven that delivered the news to Prince Doran?

Come on people.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 28, 2016

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Josh Lyman posted:

The Sand Snakes went to King's Landing. Why would Trystane be painting stones to put on Myrcella's eyes at her funeral if he was back in Dorne?

If he were in Dorne, he would have told Prince Doran already. Do you think his ship is faster than the raven that delivered the news to Prince Doran?

Come on people.

Which brings us right back to

Windfall posted:

Windfall posted:

They had just recently stopped the same people from killing Trystane in the water gardens. They would have not let the exact same assassins on board the ship when after months after they suspiciously caught all the way up to them at Kings' Landing, which is completely bizarre by the way. The crew was also not in on it because they did not interfere with Jamie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
STOP being rude to this show please.

• Locked thread