Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Spirit Circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Spirit circle is a 100% pro read

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hasn't been updated in forever though

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

That Works posted:

Hasn't been updated in forever though

It's actually just finished up this month

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Erg posted:

It's actually just finished up this month

Ah, I've only seen stuff up to Ch. 43 floating around and thats with about 10 chapters in between missing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's because Crunchyroll licensed it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Clarste posted:

Domestic cats meow a lot more than feral cats because humans communicate through sound so they're imitating their owners. Except their throat only allows meows, and they probably don't know any words anyway, they just recognize that humans respond to sounds. Also they can usually recognize their names, but will often choose to ignore you anyway.

Yeah, they can even distinguish between their owner's voice and others, but they just don't care.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ccs posted:

Hah, that "New Game" comic is like the Shirobako of the games industry. I wonder how many women actually work in that industry? Because these shows and comics seem to have a heavily female cast when it's not exactly a female-friendly field in reality (long hours, no chance for family life or maternity leave).

This is exactly how I get ready in the morning.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Blood and Steel

Another manhua (chinese comic) I've discovered recently, pure :black101:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ad Astra.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakamoto desu ga?

Bayonetta's son is the most popular boy in High School.

Also, he's gorgeous.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 12, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Sakamoto's anime has also just started, and it's p. high level, check it out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Sakamoto's anime has also just started, and it's p. high level, check it out.

I couldn't find the manga on Kissmanga when I looked for it before and then I did and that made me bring it up here in case other people haven't seen it. Dude's incredible.

Anyway, second recommendation.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

Best way I can describe it is a 'Are you a dog or cat person?' manga. And pretty gay/cute too.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Sweetness and Lightning, a cooking manga, except once every chapter they remind you the kid's Mom is dead and you cry.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Explosions posted:

Sweetness and Lightning, a cooking manga, except once every chapter they remind you the kid's Mom is dead and you cry.

But then you stop crying because you realize that they're doing okay.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm not criticizing it or anything, but doesn't it feel like there's like...a Dad genre of manga? I feel like I keep seeing many series where it's like "DAD AND HIS CUTE DAUGHTER DO THINGS. MOM IS DEAD/GONE/WHATEVER." What's up with that? Like, the Yotsuba effect.
doesn't feel like it's ever sons either. :( no love for father-son antics I guess.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm not criticizing it or anything, but doesn't it feel like there's like...a Dad genre of manga? I feel like I keep seeing many series where it's like "DAD AND HIS CUTE DAUGHTER DO THINGS. MOM IS DEAD/GONE/WHATEVER." What's up with that? Like, the Yotsuba effect.
doesn't feel like it's ever sons either. :( no love for father-son antics I guess.

we've got an entire thread devoted to dad manga
dads with daughters seem cuter to me, maybe that's why they're more common in manga.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Sakamoto desu Ga is a 100% pro read

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do not misquote me, you libelous slanderer

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Is there anything else in the vein of Ad Astra or Historie?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'll also throw my recommendation behind Sakamoto, the most fabulous high school student.

Waiting impatiently for the second anime episode. :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

You're gonna have to be a bit more specific regarding what you actually like about those, but try here?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2791799

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Hitoshi's Heureka is the only other ancient historical comic thats been translated much at all that I know.

Theres an old shoujo one volume work about Hatshepsut that I've never read though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh theres Yas's one volume about Alexander, Alexandros.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Sakamoto desu ga?

Bayonetta's son is the most popular boy in High School.

This was an amazing read and each chapter left me wondering if he's an alien or just pure magic.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
This is your reminder that Sakamoto's Bizzarro World Twin Handa-Kun is good.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Groundless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tough is good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

OneDeadman posted:

This is your reminder that Sakamoto's Bizzarro World Twin Handa-Kun is good.

Handa-kun is Sakamoto but actually good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Handa-kun is Sakamoto but actually good.

and the boys in it are cute

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

The last page of this chapter was loving badass. Like I swear I heard some heavy metal guitar.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

AgentHaiTo posted:

The last page of this chapter was loving badass. Like I swear I heard some heavy metal guitar.

I don't think the takeaway from any part of Groundless should be how badass it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm only a chapter in but this seems pretty good. The translation not being 1000% on point all the time is something I'm just kinda learning to live with whenever I'm reading something that ain't HELCK.

Seishun Otome Banchou!

You know how anime girls get angry and then they hit someone? That's her problem. Someone says something rude to her and she blanks out and once she comes to she's got her foot in someone's face.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RareAcumen posted:

I'm only a chapter in but this seems pretty good. The translation not being 1000% on point all the time is something I'm just kinda learning to live with whenever I'm reading something that ain't HELCK.

Seishun Otome Banchou!

You know how anime girls get angry and then they hit someone? That's her problem. Someone says something rude to her and she blanks out and once she comes to she's got her foot in someone's face.

Wait, you think that Helck has good translations

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Wait, you think that Helck has good translations

Unironically, yes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Unironically, yes.

rello is a one person machine of a translator.

on the other hand he also doesn't need a team to do cleanup because instead of scans he can just use already clean digital releases since all the stuff he's done so far was published online.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

rello is a one person machine of a translator.

on the other hand he also doesn't need a team to do cleanup because instead of scans he can just use already clean digital releases since all the stuff he's done so far was published online.

Translations are just the words right? Because that's all I'm talking about. I read HELCK and I don't have a lot of 'Oh this could be worded better' or 'That sounds kinda off' throughout it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Translations are just the words right? Because that's all I'm talking about. I read HELCK and I don't have a lot of 'Oh this could be worded better' or 'That sounds kinda off' throughout it.

Hes also doing the typesetting and stuff too, placing the script in the right bubbles and erasing japanese text that would overlap it. Some groups have that as a separate person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Hes also doing the typesetting and stuff too, placing the script in the right bubbles and erasing japanese text that would overlap it. Some groups have that as a separate person.

Wow drat. Good thing the scans are of a high enough quality that he doesn't have to worry about that at least.

• Locked thread