Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom

byob after nearly a week, I feel like this place is really pleasant to post in. My relaxation levels have skyrocked.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

this is both cute and fierce

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Luvcow posted:

this is both cute and fierce

That's me! :3::hf::black101:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bad Seafood

If you must blink, do it now.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

im waiting for a probation from ADTRW but I don't think bad seafood is man enough to go through with it
I'm still trying to decide whether or not I wanna keep up the -um rhyme thing for your probation reason, or post an enormous full-size screenshot of the thread in QCS where they're complaining about big pictures in the Leper Colony.

Bad Seafood

I will grant you the release of death soon, friend.

Gomi Day

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
i have been mostly not posting and need to change that.

hello. (i am far less drunk than the time i showed up in a previous version of this thread.)

Cling-Wrap Condom

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Gomi Day posted:

i have been mostly not posting and need to change that.

hello. (i am far less drunk than the time i showed up in a previous version of this thread.)

hi gomi :)

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Luvcow posted:

tonic water for cramps (its the quinine), i keep a bottle in my car and one in my house for muscle cramps.

Oh yeah, the banana was just for luck, I drank 1½liters of special muscle-themed mineral water containing a bunch of magnesium, potassium and calcium earlier in the day. I have hella night cramps in my thighs due to a new medication, so this might become a daily meal item for a while.

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

Android Blues

Zyla posted:

byob after nearly a week, I feel like this place is really pleasant to post in. My relaxation levels have skyrocked.

byob is a good combination of funny, weird, and a side of nice. i appreciate having a place where telling good jokes is encouraged but no one is in a bitterly ironic competition to see who blinks first

Android Blues

except me. you guys have been blinking all along and i was being the ironic one, about which i bet you feel pretty stupid, now, for saying nice things to and around me

MiracleWhale

Android Blues posted:

byob is a good combination of funny, weird, and a side of nice. i appreciate having a place where telling good jokes is encouraged but no one is in a bitterly ironic competition to see who blinks first

fair warning I got a whole case o visine over here

MiracleWhale

I'm watching the new game of thrones finally and drat I'm like struggling to remember who all these people are. need vh1 to do a pop up video version

Urodov

Android Blues posted:

no one is in a bitterly ironic competition to see who blinks first

that's one interpretation,

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Android Blues

Urodov posted:

that's one interpretation,

byob slowly begins to collectively sweat and glance side to side as each of us spider-crawls our fingers towards our holsters. the atmosphere suddenly got tense

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

City of Glompton posted:

What kind if job?
It would be my first electrical engineering job after undergraduate graduation. It would be in the automotive industry. The downsides are that I would have to move 4 hours away from my friends and family, and that the work would not be the kind of stuff I find easy or interesting.

But I'm leaning toward doing it. I don't have any money right now for something like graduate school, and I don't have any other job offers. I think I could make a bunch of money and then find something else in a few years if I end up not wanting to stick around.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Android Blues

*trying to remember how to be ironic* uhhhh...gently caress. poo poo. i love posting here...oh no, that didn't work...

Bad Seafood

Anime.

MiracleWhale

blaise rascal posted:

It would be my first electrical engineering job after undergraduate graduation. It would be in the automotive industry. The downsides are that I would have to move 4 hours away from my friends and family, and that the work would not be the kind of stuff I find easy or interesting.

But I'm leaning toward doing it. I don't have any money right now for something like graduate school, and I don't have any other job offers. I think I could make a bunch of money and then find something else in a few years if I end up not wanting to stick around.

most people get financial aid for grad school homes. it's not uncommon for the whole thing to be basically free if you're a phd student in a stem field. (and you should be, even if you plan to bail once you have your masters, because phd students get treated much better)

just go now or you're at high risk of never going at all

themoreyouknow.jpg

Cling-Wrap Condom

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

MiracleWhale posted:

most people get financial aid for grad school homes. it's not uncommon for the whole thing to be basically free if you're a phd student in a stem field. (and you should be, even if you plan to bail once you have your masters, because phd students get treated much better)

themoreyouknow.jpg
How do I know if I am smart enough to try for a phd?

I have only looked at the graduate school of one university (the one I attend right now), but it is true that much of the tuition for graduate school would be paid through scholarships. And if I'm lucky, I could get a research project or teaching assistant position while working toward an MS that would pay for the remainder of the tuition plus a monthly grant. However, not everyone gets those positions who wants them.

Making decisions is hard.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
hey seafood since you're a mod do you have some way to know who is responsible for all the lum avatars? you don't have to tell but I'm curious whether it's a mystery for everyone

MiracleWhale

blaise rascal posted:

How do I know if I am smart enough to try for a phd?

I have only looked at the graduate school of one university (the one I attend right now), but it is true that much of the tuition for graduate school would be paid through scholarships. And if I'm lucky, I could get a research project or teaching assistant position while working toward an MS that would pay for the remainder of the tuition plus a monthly grant. However, not everyone gets those positions who wants them.

Making decisions is hard.

generally those positions preferentially go to phd students which is one reason why I recommend you be one. if you did fine in undergrad you're smart enough to get a phd. by dunning kruger the very fact that you doubt you are probably indicates that you're the next stephen hawking or bo jackson

MrWillsauce

what is irony

Bad Seafood

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

hey seafood since you're a mod do you have some way to know who is responsible for all the lum avatars?
I don't.

Neither do the admins.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I wanna keep up the -um rhyme thing for your probation reason, or post an enormous full-size screenshot of the thread in QCS where they're complaining about big pictures in the Leper Colony.

my vote's on a colossal goddamned screenshot fwiw

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 28, 2016

hi how are you ♥

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't.

Neither do the admins.

Neat, I like mysteries

`Nemesis

railroad graffiti
my team didn't win team bar trivia tonight, which is normal, but we had a good time!! :)

Cling-Wrap Condom

`Nemesis posted:

my team didn't win team bar trivia tonight, which is normal, but we had a good time!! :)

are u drunk

cuntman.net

Bad Seafood posted:

post the rhyme in the qcs thread then take a screenshot of it

MiracleWhale

MrWillsauce posted:

what is irony

when you finally get that fly honey home from the bar but you're so drunk your dick don't work

Android Blues

i've been trying to get that fly honey back from the bar, where those louts who love flies stole it from me, for months now. my house is overrun. i need that fly honey. ive been using vinegar all this time and it just doesnt work one bit

Android Blues

The Fly Loving Louts: ha ha, hey bors, you wanna catch some more flies with this honey we stole from that idiot? "i usre do and i definitely love flies" well that's how i imagine it anyway, when i'm weeping in my kitchen over a dish of vinegar flies clouding around my head like a bee does in a cartoon, ironically

Tangerines

I'm new to this so hi.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Tangerines posted:

I'm new to this so hi.

Hello! How are you doing and what are your favorite pizza toppings?

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

The answer is right there in his name.

Cling-Wrap Condom

shinmai posted:

it's eggs wnd pineaplle

3D Megadoodoo

Brick Dust Otis posted:

it's eggs wnd pineaplle

Goodbye!

alnilam

Android Blues posted:

i've been trying to get that fly honey back from the bar, where those louts who love flies stole it from me, for months now. my house is overrun. i need that fly honey. ive been using vinegar all this time and it just doesnt work one bit

Android Blues posted:

The Fly Loving Louts: ha ha, hey bors, you wanna catch some more flies with this honey we stole from that idiot? "i usre do and i definitely love flies" well that's how i imagine it anyway, when i'm weeping in my kitchen over a dish of vinegar flies clouding around my head like a bee does in a cartoon, ironically

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Brick Dust Otis posted:

it's eggs wnd pineaplle

trying this next time i make pizza, I already like to sometimes break an egg over a pizza and pineapple is a top-tier pizza topping

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

MiracleWhale posted:

themoreyouknow.jpg

Yeah generally in stem (and often in non stem) you pay for a masters, but they pay you for a phd. And you don't need a ms to apply for a phd program in most schools.