Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JMax posted:

People with 10k post in the goonswarm forums should get an ingame medal

Yeah, being purged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, being purged.

wtf also i think everyone else aside from me on the first page of postcounts is in epsilon and long gone

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

VideoGames posted:

I have no clue what ship to buy next. I will look up the names provided and see if any look like fun.

Every single ship in my hangar will have a stone based name. I'm thinking of calling my Badger slab or granite :)

:kimchi:

Someone needs to bring an Orca into RVCMF, and should probably name it Quarry. Makes me want to resub my Market/Industry/Hauler/Refiner alt, if all my ISK wasn't on my main. Also jesus christ inflation, Orcas are 715+m now, I got mine back when it was 320m and sold it to someone in gsf when it was probably 500some.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if you're responding to despera you're doing this

when you should be doing this

Nice second level troll by including the no destinations. I approve

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ty

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lotta hate over a video game itt

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

cravius posted:

Yea, what's up with you guys doin that?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
idk about the rest of you but I hate you all for being dumb, it just happens to involve game

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

idk about the rest of you but I hate you all for being dumb, it just happens to involve game

I likes ya, and I wants ya.

Now we can do dis' the easy way, or da hard way.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I like seeing people brag about killing some covops ship but I just dragged rear end through literally all of dek, fukkin nerds :shepicide:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

On a positive note, I managed to find a unicorn today in the ship skin collection -- got one of the Guristas Scorpion skins for a hair under 10B. (They weren't meant to be released, but were accidentally bundled in with some PLEX offer; there's less than 20 of them in the game at the moment.) That leaves pretty much two hyper-expensive rare skin on my list: the Umbral Nyx, and the Palatine Capsule.

Everything else is gettable through the NEX store if I want to get it. (I'm putting off completing my collection for now because some of the skins are stupidly ugly and not worth giving CCP money, especially when it comes to the Tronhadar Ink skins.)

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ullerrm posted:

On a positive note, I managed to find a unicorn today in the ship skin collection -- got one of the Guristas Scorpion skins for a hair under 10B. (They weren't meant to be released, but were accidentally bundled in with some PLEX offer; there's less than 20 of them in the game at the moment.) That leaves pretty much two hyper-expensive rare skin on my list: the Umbral Nyx, and the Palatine Capsule.

Everything else is gettable through the NEX store if I want to get it. (I'm putting off completing my collection for now because some of the skins are stupidly ugly and not worth giving CCP money, especially when it comes to the Tronhadar Ink skins.)

I really want to get into ship skins but they are too expensive, everytime I consider buying one I think about all the ships I could buy and lose instead!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

They gave us these lovely skins for way too much money.

But then they put loving awesome skins on the chinese server, which can't be had for any amount of money on our servers. It's just silly.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

CainFortea posted:

They gave us these lovely skins for way too much money.

But then they put loving awesome skins on the chinese server, which can't be had for any amount of money on our servers. It's just silly.

What is the reasoning behind not releasing these skins on Tranquility?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Differing ways of rendering the skins. Serenity uses the old style of skins.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

That's interesting, I would have thought both versions were the same. Suck for us as those Chinese ones look quite nice. Not that I'd buy them either way...

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Is it too much to ask that skins for the same base hull apply to all variants? Like I've got the Raata on an basi but now I need to buy a separate one for an osprey as well?

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

That makes logical sense, but removes your temptation to purchase an additional skin.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The way CCP has run its cash store has removed my temptation to buy additional anything

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
EVE is the only MMO I've played and I had a lot of fun thanks to goonfleet but I remember exactly why I've never come back. The waiting man. Even if you are solo ganking and wait for no man, it's just commuting to the most populated neutral system, scanning the belts and realizing everyone is docked except for some random raven parked inside a POS, and then wandering around the lesser systems for 2 hours and getting maybe 4 fights in that time.

Saw the SOS ad. Fun catching up on recent events as described in the last thread but I couldn't finish reading because my eyes glossed over by the time I reached "This is unusual because of fozziesov; supercapitals cannot meaningfully contest command nodes due to their cycle time penalty and their inability to meaningfully interdict typical entosis link ships." :confuoot: I was one of the first 100 goonfleet dudes and I guess not many of us stuck around for 1-2 years without characteristically going gently caress goons at some point therein, but I have only fond memories with you/those guys. Did Sesfan ever come back?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
No

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I still have my sesfan sig in my bio in case he ever comes back.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LegoMan posted:

samsies

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

LegoMan posted:

Why would you wish that upon someone you admire?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Oovee posted:

I have always felt the big grand battles are the reason why eve still exists, small gang/ alliance skirmishes dont really have the same draw as vast battles involving thousands. Never did understand why ccp tries to tune down the thing that keeps eve in the news.

IIRC they stated the retention rate on those who joined after the big battles was atrocious. Small gang is addicting fun on the other hand. Why would someone want to participate often in tidi lagfests?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dragonstalking posted:

IIRC they stated the retention rate on those who joined after the big battles was atrocious. Small gang is addicting fun on the other hand. Why would someone want to participate often in tidi lagfests?

Depending on how it goes, so you can enjoy 23 straight hours of watching the guy who has smugged on reddit for the last year eat poo poo.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Goatman Sacks posted:

Depending on how it goes, so you can enjoy 23 straight hours of watching the guy who has smugged on reddit for the last year eat poo poo.

Ok but first you have to get that guy to be there for a year. Activate your brain.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

Ok but first you have to get that guy to be there for a year. Activate your brain.

ok well, you've been there for a year so?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wtf also i think everyone else aside from me on the first page of postcounts is in epsilon and long gone

Yeah which is why you should be purged. You post too much and therefore must be a spy :tinfoil:

cravius posted:

This is true.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/l6pOWeI.webm

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who's the dude that just quit to join the True Goon cause that reddit's smugging about today, I recognize the AV but not what he actually did

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Goatman Sacks posted:

Who's the dude that just quit to join the True Goon cause that reddit's smugging about today, I recognize the AV but not what he actually did

Afaik he was the head Section-8 rental manager.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ive never heard of that guy so

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Head of Section 8, he also wrote an article on TMDC about how TMDC is killing goonswarm, we aren't real goons anymore, and ironic racism is okay as long as it's goons doing it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Eminai posted:

Head of Section 8, he also wrote an article on TMDC about how TMDC is killing goonswarm

I mean- he's not wrong.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
getting truegooned by 2014s oh lord

that dude loving tried to lecture on GOON CULTURE i bet he posts in pyf or dnd exclusively if he posts

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gently caress byob i was close

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

getting truegooned by 2014s oh lord

that dude loving tried to lecture on GOON CULTURE i bet he posts in pyf or dnd exclusively if he posts

Do you think he's right or wrong about the racism thing being tolerated?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not gonna lie, the vast majority of my posts on SA are in LF and the various LF refugee threads that DnD allowed after assassinationgate closed LF.

• Locked thread