Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

giacomo posted:

Did Brobuck ever come back from vacation?

he dead yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

So level 5 missions are insanely easier, casually running around 600mil/hr. If I was in a better constellation, and tried, I bet I could hit 800ish.

They have really buffed the poo poo out of capitals..

Which fit/fighters are you using?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Jazzzzz posted:

welp. I guess I will do this this when I roll that mining/market/whatever alt. Sorry Mr. Anchovi :(

No worries. Free money easy come easy go v:shobon:v

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

xilni posted:

Which fit/fighters are you using?

on the mission grid for maybe 2min; you have to actually macro the fighters a bit but if you fit your poo poo passive and just focus on controlling the fighters, you chew up BS and frigs like they're nothing.

[Thanatos, missions]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Capital Armor Repairer I

Drone Navigation Computer II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Burst Jammer II

Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I

Capital Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

on the mission grid for maybe 2min; you have to actually macro the fighters a bit but if you fit your poo poo passive and just focus on controlling the fighters, you chew up BS and frigs like they're nothing.

[Thanatos, missions]

Capital Armor Repairer I

Burst Jammer II

Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I

My momma warned me to stay away from fits like this

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

dragonstalking posted:

[Thanatos, missions]

Capital Armor Repairer I

Burst Jammer II

Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I
Fighter Support Unit I

Could I do similar with an archon? I have a focused carrier ratting alt I'm not using whatsoever currently and was highly considering just extracting to sell the goo; but in the interests of trying everything in eve once all this level 5 talk has got me interested

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Could I do similar with an archon? I have a focused carrier ratting alt I'm not using whatsoever currently and was highly considering just extracting to sell the goo; but in the interests of trying everything in eve once all this level 5 talk has got me interested

you have a pretty high setup cost - 1 carrier per system usually, which is 3-7 carriers depending on where you are

once you have that though, and standings of 7+, you're good to go; just watch out for the lowsec inhabitants who "own" these constellations and love probing out caps

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Saw a name I recognized in a killmail that got posted to my noob corp chat

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53608194/

Is Dungar still the same guy or did he sell his character a long time ago?

Also, jesus christ the reload times on RLMLs. Between my poo poo missile skills and the dudes in my missile bays taking smoke breaks every 5th kill I'm SUPER glad I bought a caracal

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
we did say use heavies my dude

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

we did say use heavies my dude

There seemed to be mixed opinions on heavies sucking balls vs. RLMLs sucking balls but yes, I will be training for heavies anyway. Missile support skills first, etc. I forgot how frustrating it can be to be super low SP and not be able to fit or do much

edit: HAH because of the 3.2m in missile rigs I put on this bitch I won't be able to fit heavies without a PDS until I have AWU IV trained

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 28, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its fine, use a pds it makes you a little tankier :3

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

And gives you a hair more cap to play with!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Hey deadtear I'm p sure I'm adopting this puppy I was supposed to be fostering so I'm about to give you a run for your money in the cute animal pics department

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I have the entire internet of cute poo poo here dude

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
but I will respect the attempt and withhold judgement

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

but I will respect the attempt and withhold judgement

You're the Wikileaks of cute pictures, just drip feeding use bought to keep us engaged.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

This makes me sad. Crow was my favorite interceptor. Oh well, at least there is always the Raptor. Even if its got a lamer paint job.

If you have money, I've some good news for you: There are skins you can buy to change the Raptor into something less lame.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Landsknecht posted:

you have a pretty high setup cost - 1 carrier per system usually, which is 3-7 carriers depending on where you are

once you have that though, and standings of 7+, you're good to go; just watch out for the lowsec inhabitants who "own" these constellations and love probing out caps

Why do you need a carrier in each system?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Tangerines posted:

Why do you need a carrier in each system?

Do you really want to be taking gates in a capital in lowsec?

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

That makes sense, I'm not sure I've quite got the mindset of a pilot who has to deal with space AIDS. Only recently come back to EVE and the whole process is new to me. Clearing missions faster than fatigue dissipates I assume?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
I wanna play again, is it fun yet?

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

bluegoon posted:

I wanna play again, is it fun yet?

not really

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

ah balls, ok

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm going to go for yes it is! Just as a dissenting voice. I didn't get to play last night and I am stoked to log on this evening after work!

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

VideoGames posted:

I'm going to go for yes it is! Just as a dissenting voice. I didn't get to play last night and I am stoked to log on this evening after work!

ok subbed, how do I get back into the goon guild again?

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

apply to [RVCMF] and :justpost:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pl dictor got a really great bubble earlier tonight that caught everyone in the fleet but me and like 8 other dudes.

i have never been more sad to have caught a fleet warp, because that would have been a fun fight since the feroxes didnt land until several minutes later.

hindsight and all that.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

If you want to join GoonWaffe then follow the guide posted here on the wiki: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Tangerines posted:

If you want to join GoonWaffe then follow the guide posted here on the wiki: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

Ah ok that thing OK tnx

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
something about a sponsor code? What?

EDIT: Can't log on to the site takes me to a dead page No such special page

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

bluegoon posted:

something about a sponsor code? What?

EDIT: Can't log on to the site takes me to a dead page No such special page

If you have a valid Something Awful account, then complete steps 1, 2, 3a, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
If you are being sponsored, complete steps 1, 2, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

objectively bad posted:

If you have a valid Something Awful account, then complete steps 1, 2, 3a, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
If you are being sponsored, complete steps 1, 2, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

the hell does this mean, dude?

An API for Impi Zulu is already registered to a different user. If you do not know who is using it please contact a director. If you cannot access the goonfleet.com account using it, delete the API and wait 24 hours.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
It means don't play EVE as is stated multiple times in the OP.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Niedar posted:

It means don't play EVE as is stated multiple times in the OP.

Truly, I am a fuckup.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

bluegoon posted:

the hell does this mean, dude?

An API for Impi Zulu is already registered to a different user. If you do not know who is using it please contact a director. If you cannot access the goonfleet.com account using it, delete the API and wait 24 hours.

Did you buy Impi Zulu? Or has he always been yours. Have you had an old Goonfleet account?

Did you double click on something?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Oodles posted:

Did you buy Impi Zulu? Or has he always been yours. Have you had an old Goonfleet account?

Did you double click on something?

ye old account of mine, an alt, poo poo, hope I didnt gently caress up the process now.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

bluegoon posted:

ye old account of mine, an alt, poo poo, hope I didnt gently caress up the process now.

Sounds like your old forum account might still be alive. You can delete the api that ties it to the old forum account, but making a new forum account when your old one is still active is a big no-no. If that's the case, you might want to email newbies@goonfleet.com and explain the situation I guess?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

There's a GSF thread btw
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773673

quote:

Are you Vacationed and want to come back to GoonWaffe?? (This means your forum group says Vacationer on GF.com)
First you need to do the following:

Go to https://auth.goonfleet.com/manage and update your API key with an active API
After that do this:
Email newbies@goonfleet.com with the subject line Please Un-Vacation Me!
Include your goonfleet forum account name as well as your SomethingAwful account name in the email
Feel free to post in this thread, however it is optional and email will get a quicker response.
DO NOT APPLY IN GAME UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A RESPONSE VIA EMAIL

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

sure drop a drone nav and add an omnidirectional enhancer I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

you can run archons but you take a 25% dps hit. On the plus side you have space for 2 istabs to align faster.

• Locked thread