Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Goons have taken ruining video games to transcendent new heights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I really hope my account is lost forever and it allows me to walk away from this poo poo game without a care in the world.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
Games > Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Loading Cantina Edition

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Youth with a Skull posted:

Games > Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Loading Cantina Edition

Games>Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - ima goondied

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So where do I find this guild task schedule that people seem to be referring to all the time?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is in my post history a few days back, or it should be somewhere in the spreadsheet too.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Avynte posted:

We lasted about as long as our namesake.

been like 12 hours :cry:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I think it's safe to assume that we're not getting fixed tonight. I'll follow up with my ~contacts~ tomorrow morning and provide any update that I can.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I think it's safe to assume that we're not getting fixed tonight. I'll follow up with my ~contacts~ tomorrow morning and provide any update that I can.

This is pretty insane. Compensation better be pretty big.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Make sure your contacts reimburse us for the Arena awards, Guild coins (can't do HMs today!) etc that we lost, because this is some BS!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I hope it takes like 3 days to fix so I don't have to play this lovely game for 72 whole hours and then I can log in for free Han Solo or something

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

kaschei posted:

I hope it takes like 3 days to fix so I don't have to play this lovely game for 72 whole hours and then I can log in for free Han Solo or something

3 days is a long time to go without progress right now while everyone else is grinding up, I'll take a fix ASAP and crystals/missed rewards

edit: I just REALLY hope this isn't because some asshat is using hacks or something and ruining it for everyone

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Just saw that the whale guild Team Instinct finished a VI raid and NO ONE got a SINGLE piece of the unfarmable Raid-only loot. That's so pathetic on CG's part I don't know what to say.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Mal if you're still up (I think you're a night owl like me) this is for you:

EA_Jesse;360846 posted:

Hey Guys,

I worked with some of our engineers tonight and we think we've found the problem. We're hoping to get a fix in tomorrow so that you all can get back in game.

Also, could you please have your Guild Leader send me a PM here on the forums? I want to discuss this situation with them.

Thanks, and again, I'm very sorry that this is happening, but we'll try to make it right :)

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
And I thought it was just my lovely internet...

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

oops wrong forum posted:

Thanks, and again, I'm very sorry that this is happening, but we'll try to make it right

We're gonna be rich boys!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Mal if you're still up (I think you're a night owl like me) this is for you:

Thanks, just sent him a message

Pacific time, and total night owl.

e: Two people posted in our thread, also having the same problem. Weird.

EA_Jesse is also apparently a night owl:

EA_Jesse posted:

Hey thanks for responding.
So basically the issue we found was a very rare glitch (your guild seems to be the only one it's happened to) where the server restart caused an issue with your Rancor Raid. The engineers believe they can fix this tomorrow, hopefully not too late in the day.
To make up for the fact that you all haven't been able to play, I'll be adding Guild Bank Currency for your Guild since none of you have been able to contribute, as well as sending some Crystals to each member of your Guild. It stinks that this happened, but hopefully the things I'm sending will help make up for the lost day. I'm able to see everyone that's in your Guild, so there is no need to provide me any details for the members.
I'll message you again tomorrow once we have a fix in place.
Thanks for your patience, and I'm very sorry that you and your Guild had this bug happen.

Let's see if the compensation meets our expectation. I'm still bummed about missed hard modes and all that, but if they give us some good crystals, I think I'll be ok.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 28, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, that's one long-rear end downtime. They better give us something more than just 500 gems...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Glad to hear it's getting fixed. Props to them for being on top of it.

And also affecting other guilds now. We spread the love? Lack of being able to get Arena refreshes today is going to suck a ton, though. Hope we don't miss the daily login reward..

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 28, 2016

HeadHunter Joe
Oct 14, 2006
That's one hell of a special rancor ability. They should add that to the raid info.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Still down

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
drat this thing being down and marvel avengers alliance 2 crashing bluestacks I can't get poo poo done. And they are giving away a free character from the movie just for logging in today.(maa2 is giving away a character just for logging in, the way I phrased that was odd)

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Gimmie those gems. I have uh...mental anguish? Yea, that sounds about right. I at least have mental problems for playing this game for as long as I have.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Meh, if it's not done today I'll probably fall out of the funnel. Losing the daily login reward for the first time since Nov and just not logging in for 36-48 hours will be enough to break my addiction. Though I hope we get our guild gems back for the Rancor raid not being able to finish it is a bad sad.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hughlander posted:

Meh, if it's not done today I'll probably fall out of the funnel. Losing the daily login reward for the first time since Nov and just not logging in for 36-48 hours will be enough to break my addiction. Though I hope we get our guild gems back for the Rancor raid not being able to finish it is a bad sad.

Losing the Login Reward this late in a month after getting every single one is reeeeally obnoxious. I hope they can fix that for us, too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm actually really curious what could have happened to make just our guild not be able to log on. I'm sure we broke something but I'd love to know how.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I'm actually really curious what could have happened to make just our guild not be able to log on. I'm sure we broke something but I'd love to know how.

It does seem to be another guild too, now. Still. Go us?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

From experience with this style of game, any error will usually kill the connection to restart and see if it happens again. We were in a unique state during a shutdown, relating to the raid that put us in an edge case. During signing in part of the code probably updates raid counters or raid progress, which for us fails because the raid is in a bad state. So we get kicked to try again, but the problem is still there. I deal with these kind of issues at work way too frequently.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't have any characters who can dispel deathmark at 5 stars or above, so I only managed 280k damage on my first crack at the Gamorrean Captain. What kind of damage are folks with more tailored setups pulling?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just love that, once again, goons are breaking guild related features in a online game. It just sucks that it's such a huge interruption.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I managed only about 500k combined with no real strategy, I believe the top damage in IGD was about 800k before poo poo hit the fan?

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Let's see what we're losing on per day off...

Login reward
GW (rewards + guild currency)
Hard mode attempts (+ guild currency)
Periodic free stuff (energy, bronzium...)
Challenge (+ guild currency if it lasts)
Arena fights and rewards (we all probably went down a few brackets)
Guild contribution for energy spent
Raid attempts

So.... How much?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

From experience with this style of game, any error will usually kill the connection to restart and see if it happens again. We were in a unique state during a shutdown, relating to the raid that put us in an edge case. During signing in part of the code probably updates raid counters or raid progress, which for us fails because the raid is in a bad state. So we get kicked to try again, but the problem is still there. I deal with these kind of issues at work way too frequently.

Very interesting. Thanks!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

trapt posted:

Login reward
Raid attempts

So.... How much?

Shipments, don't forget Shipments.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

Login reward
Raid attempts

So.... How much?

Credit me 5 chromium megapacks and 2k crystals and I might be alright with it.

I missed ALL of my hard mode shards yesterday (except for stormtrooper) and lost a buttload of cantina shards.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Yea it's pretty lovely. Haven't spent a penny on the game so it's more just an annoyance but I imagine If I had I'd be pissed. Hopefully they make it right.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Can't wait for my "devs are useless" login bonus.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Really hoping it gets sorted soon, I thought it'd be fixed when I woke up and now my arena payout time is about 2 hours away and my streak of finishing in the top 20 is going to be over.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Whitey Snipes posted:

Really hoping it gets sorted soon, I thought it'd be fixed when I woke up and now my arena payout time is about 2 hours away and my streak of finishing in the top 20 is going to be over.

Yep. I really hope they'll give us some Arena tokens too. This is getting rather obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Developers are on the west coast. It broke at the end of their work day and they will only now be starting their day.

• Locked thread