Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My favorite detail is that it includes a catwalk over an actual (virtually) bottomless pit that's already claimed the lives of several minifigures in senseless accidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I mean my god, that ship would be amazing without the interior, but that's completely insane and I hope Lego hires him, or WB animation does to work on the upcoming Lego features. Yeesh!

Gabriel Pope posted:

My favorite detail is that it includes a catwalk over an actual (virtually) bottomless pit that's already claimed the lives of several minifigures in senseless accidents.

It's Imperial through and through.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I still think the exterior on this one is better:

https://flic.kr/p/nzkUZy

But it's not playable like the other one.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Glad you posted the second one because I was just thinking to myself that first one looked stubby and short. Second one confirmed it. He should have made it longer, so much more room for activities! Still crazy amazing though, especially all the smaller ships inside.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 27, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Huge SHIPs are all over the net, but those 300 piece ship builds inside the larger ship are what really make this impressive. That, and the lack of a central support. I wonder how insanely fragile it is.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Nephew really wants an Ant-Man lego guy for his birthday coming up. I looked online and the sets with the regular size man are now going for $50+... guess I missed the boat on that.

Anyone interested in selling me an extra Ant-Man? I have a spare micro AntMan from the airport set to sweeten the deal, and in case there's interest...
- Tasu Leech or whoever the 2 pirate guys from the Ep. 7 Millenium Falcon were
- Evil mermaid from PotC set
- Captain America w Shield (the civil war/AoU version)

Any takers? Can trade some combo of these guys + $. I'm considering getting one of the Chinese knockoffs on ebay but no idea if those are totally awful or whatever.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
As if crashed drones didn't break apart enough! (Although at least repairs would be quick!)

I'm excited for the May the 4th sale. I think I have my eye on Poe's X-Wing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Feenix posted:

As if crashed drones didn't break apart enough! (Although at least repairs would be quick!)

I'm excited for the May the 4th sale. I think I have my eye on Poe's X-Wing.

I'd love to get another BWing level deal again.

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse
Does anybody know how the UCS Tie is doing? Really hoping it'll be on sale for May the 4th, but I'm not counting on it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Probably will get that kind of deal on the Hoth set next year, if it sells as badly as everyone seems to think it will.

Bonus pic: wing tilting Kylo shuttle

Dogen fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 28, 2016

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh god, I'm going to have to buy some Mega Bloks. I feel so dirty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

Don't get too excited. It's still kinda gimpy.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm at a conference and the have a Lego table with some logo'd pieces. Would it be in bad form if I tried to sweep them into my swag bag at the end of the show :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ooh, shiny.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh, shiny.

That's got the UK too, right? And the park set is released that month?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I'm annoyed at the UK May the 4th stuff, you have to spend £50 (~$72) to get the minifigure instead of $50, which is a bit lame to begin with, and no double vip points like in the US. If it had been £35 I might have gone for it, guess I'll have to see how much the figure is going for on bricklink, or hope I get it as a freebie in a later order (that's how I got the Yularen figure!).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The figure this year is really lackluster. It's the same First Order Stormtrooper Gunner that you can find in the regular sets, except this one has an extra pouch printed on the chest. :rolleyes:

Ed: apparently he also has some sort of printed tile backpack, but still, it's not exactly Darth Revan or Adm. Yularen.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 28, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Darth Nihilus please.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
give me darth icky

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Invictus posted:

give me darth icky

Darth Insanius imo

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Darth Milennial :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Comes with crippling college debt and no job?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

xzzy posted:

Comes with crippling college debt and no job?

Oh my sweet summer child...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FadingChord posted:

Darth Milennial :colbert:

You mean Kylo Ren?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Chris Knight posted:

You mean Kylo Ren?

Not wrong

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So the Hoth set is going on sale? :effort:
They can keep that.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Knormal posted:

I'd rather just have the instructions and try to build it out of real Lego. Mega Bloks puts instructions online, but not for Star Trek.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hopper posted:

So the Hoth set is going on sale? :effort:
They can keep that.

How much?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

It's going on sale as in "release date" and its $250

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Don't get too excited. It's still kinda gimpy.

Hm, yeah not as good from that angle. I wonder if they'll all be that droopy or if they cut corners for the display build?

rockinricky posted:

I'd rather just have the instructions and try to build it out of real Lego. Mega Bloks puts instructions online, but not for Star Trek.
That would be my preferred plan too, but I'm assuming some of the pieces won't be available in real Lego. The parts around the deflector dish and shuttlebay look unique. The nacelle struts too but those would be easy to recreate.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
I know theres been no official announcement, but does anyone have a idea when the Caterham will be released?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Rage posted:

It's going on sale as in "release date" and its $250

Oh ok. Good luck selling that set for 250 lego.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

jeff8472 posted:

I know theres been no official announcement, but does anyone have a idea when the Caterham will be released?

If it's like their last few car models, it'll be August.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Pretty sure the Hoth set is just Lego's way of testing how much they can get away with. With such other awesome sets they've been pumping out, that set is their canary in a coal mine test to see if Star Wars = Printing Money.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai7DHG4w1U0

I think what amazes me most about this video is the number of turnouts, to my knowledge thy must all be manually operated? A real HO layout you could have the switches remotely operated and digital command and control to keep trains in sync and other cool poo poo, but this layout must require nothing but careful planning to avoid constant collisions.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Fellow Lego dorks... Do I need to stay up late tonight for deals or what?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Feenix posted:

Fellow Lego dorks... Do I need to stay up late tonight for deals or what?

For what? :confused:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The U.K. May the 4th sale apparently went live already. The US sale should be next week.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The U.K. May the 4th sale apparently went live already. The US sale should be next week.

See I got an email stating that the May the 4th event (USA) started Saturday April 30th.

Thats true. But I called a store (rather than just relying on online for orders) and they said it wasn't a sale, just the exclusive figure when you spend 75 and maybe some other poo poo. Anyway, I'm still gonna go into a store tomorrow to buy the Poe X Wing, methinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Feenix posted:

See I got an email stating that the May the 4th event (USA) started Saturday April 30th.

Thats true. But I called a store (rather than just relying on online for orders) and they said it wasn't a sale, just the exclusive figure when you spend 75 and maybe some other poo poo. Anyway, I'm still gonna go into a store tomorrow to buy the Poe X Wing, methinks.

They have a few star wars sets for 20% off