Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Beta's supposed to be available today, right?

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The skill beta is scheduled for today, yes. Given how poorly the recent stream went I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

My favorite moment was the crash to desktop while the streamer attempted to show off picking up a deployed turret.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
WHERE'S THE BETA, OVERSHILL?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Really, though, this:

Dr Cheeto posted:

My favorite moment was the crash to desktop while the streamer attempted to show off picking up a deployed turret.

I can't wait for them to release the beta, but warn us that 3/4 of the trees aren't actually implemented. Or, even better, all the trees are implemented, but half the skills in each don't actually work.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Overkill_Danne says "Aaalmost there... :)" regarding the beta.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

update just queued.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-bYcYu2zg5Fa_sT9QO2De2Mdoj63Pee_kts0uuRVLGw/htmlview?sle=true
40% reduction in ammo pickup rate :geno:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/847051226705286971

worst beta, 0/10, uninstalling

Hotline Miami
Fixed an issue where bags would appear at an inactive secure zone

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

5% nerf to dodge builds across the board, basically.

E: And all armors, save for ICTV, got a 20-point buff.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Grinder - The healing effect duration has been reduced by 2 seconds.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So why would you take anything from tier 4 of fugitive? Those skills all look terrible, and Frenzy seems like a straight up downgrade.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

CascadeBeta posted:

So why would you take anything from tier 4 of fugitive? Those skills all look terrible, and Frenzy seems like a straight up downgrade.

Berzerker Yakuza ICTV means you're a fatman who will constantly have boosted armor recovery, movement speed, and damage.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

Grinder - The healing effect duration has been reduced by 2 seconds.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh no, only two seconds of stackable healing, whatever will we do...

CascadeBeta posted:

The T4 skills all largely loving blow. Frenzy is good for Berserker gimmickry. That's literally it, though. You effectively have 60% of your normal health, but get a minimum 1.4x damage bonus to all damage if you ace Berserker.

They also moved Low Blow out of the dodge tree for some entirely inconceivable reason.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

Berserker for fun, Trigger Happy and Messiah for poor judgement.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

They also moved Low Blow out of the dodge tree for some entirely inconceivable reason.
I think they said Commando was supposed to be a "defensive" tree.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CascadeBeta posted:

Trigger happy is bad, it's true.

Frenzy looked a lot better before Overkill realized 60% DR on health damage was a massive buff to health regeneration decks. As it is, you take it so you can maintain berserker while keeping what is effectively up to 60% of your total health.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

So I guess there's no way to rename skill sets now? Cool.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Edit: Was the FBI files.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 28, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ugh they moved hostage taker to the controller tier four. God drat it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

We also have 120 skill points, for now, at least. Go get those skills, boys.

Caveat: You can't actually spend all your skill points. When you're down to your final few points, you can only buy skills that are worth at most 1-less than what you have. Example: I have 3 points left. I can't buy anything worth 3 points, I have to buy something worth 2 points or less.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 28, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Deviant posted:

That was weird, I quit PD2 and got a steam overlay popup with a faux 'hacking' screen of an fbi server in a green and black terminal. Can't repeat it though. Is this just related to the FBI files and I misclicked? That's usually the faux-window interface, yeah?

Couldn't get a screengrab.

Maybe you were still logged in to Crimenet.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I can't buy any skill if it would leave me with 0 skill points. 10/10 perfect imitation of an actual patch.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So they're going the TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE USING X, NERF IT approach to dodge builds?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Crabtree posted:

So they're going the TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE USING X, NERF IT approach to dodge builds?

I guess? Every single piece of armor that could even plausibly be used in some kind of dodge build lost 5% dodge. We'll have to see how it plays, but... I dunno. LBV gimmicks might be better now that they have +20 armor.

E: Wait... "Entering Berserker state negates regeneration effects." I see...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crabtree posted:

Seems that way, they're just chipping away at dodge 5% at a time.

Turns out people like running fast?

I'm doing my part and never taking off the fat suit.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

Hotline Miami
Fixed an issue where bags would appear at an inactive secure zone

gently caress

NOOOOOOOOOOO

The reason is that some idiot on the steam forums cried about how it didn't fit the ~theme~ of the tree

e: Great they moved it into the suppressor tree, and the skill about making suppressors concealable doesn't work right now

so mad

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 28, 2016

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

I guess? Every single piece of armor that could even plausibly be used in some kind of dodge build lost 5% dodge. We'll have to see how it plays, but... I dunno. LBV gimmicks might be better now that they have +20 armor.

E: Wait... "Entering Berserker state negates regeneration effects." I see...

with the new die hard skill aced, that's 70 points for a LBV. I guess it could work with grinder, especially if someone else takes armorer perk deck to max out armor regen time.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

with the new die hard skill aced, that's 70 points for a LBV. I guess it could work with grinder, especially if someone else takes armorer perk deck to max out armor regen time.

I'm a 98 armor if I also pick up Iron Man basic. I also have as much 35% dodge (when sprinting) with Ex-Presidents. So on the whole, not bad at all, especially when combined with Bullseye.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Anybody remember when they first added Hostage Taker as a skill back in Crimefest 2014, and they misplaced a decimal so it healed you for way more than was intended? Since they're reworking every skill, I can't wait to see what kind of broken poo poo people find. Case in point:

You can't actually spend all your skill points. When you're down to your final few points, you can only buy skills that are worth at most 1-less than what you have. Example: I have 3 points left. I can't buy anything worth 3 points, I have to buy something worth 2 points or less.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I'm a 98 armor if I also pick up Iron Man basic. I also have as much 35% dodge (when sprinting) with Ex-Presidents. So on the whole, not bad at all, especially when combined with Bullseye.

What does this build look like with Crook?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

What does this build look like with Crook?

Ahahahaha: 143.5 armor, 15 dodge standing still. So as much as 40 dodge when sprinting? 50 with SB. CROOK RIDES AGAIN!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
30 armor shy of ICTV and up to 50% dodge.

God DANG

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Ahahahaha: 143.5 armor, 15 dodge standing still. So as much as 40 dodge when sprinting? 50 with SB. CROOK RIDES AGAIN!

This is my jam right here.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Breaking news: aced Jack of All Trades lets you bring two of ANY two distinct deployables. ECMs/body bags? YOU BET!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Breaking news: aced Jack of All Trades lets you bring two of ANY two distinct deployables. ECMs/body bags? YOU BET!

This kind of sick nasty poo poo is exactly what technician needed.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
being able to deal with shields with lmgs is hilarious

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Good thing it only takes 3 points to reach it!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

That Deagle nerf seems pretty severe. Not totally unexpected, but a fairly big drop.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PSA about JoaT via reddit: you can use "x" to switch between the deployables. No this isn't documented, it's not even under keybinds. Yes "JoaT" is infuriatingly close to "Jort" as an acronym.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tulip posted:

PSA about JoaT via reddit: you can use "x" to switch between the deployables. No this isn't documented, it's not even under keybinds. Yes "JoaT" is infuriatingly close to "Jort" as an acronym.

you must find the joats for vlad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to have fun stuffing doc bags and ammo into my jorts.