Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Not a bad plan--this way no matter which way California flips he'll have a bit of a firewall.

Anyone else want in on these marker fumes? :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Lol @ trump winning New York

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Reading this list and remembering America elected this man President is making me revise the odds I gave Trump at winning the general election.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

Lol @ trump winning New York

Just wait for the 7-11 coffee poll friend - you may be surprised!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

A ton of people recognize that her accomplishments leading to getting elected senator were "spouse of President" so yea, trumps attack resonates.

I doubt it resonates with very many people that aren't already in his camp.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
Ive got a Bill Clinton memory actually. Friend of the family is a big community leader in my home city, and so i as a kid met bill clinton. But it was after a big speech and i was tired and didnt want to be there and was crying, and Bill Clinton looked me, shocked that I would cry in his presence. I dont remember much else but I remember the look on his face.

Majorian posted:

Just you wait

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i can garuntee you that the entire country is just as sexist as i am just you wait

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Let me tell you it's SHOCKING that all of nmls vitriol is because Bill Clinton scared him as a baby

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

No Mans Land posted:

Ive got a Bill Clinton memory actually. Friend of the family is a big community leader in my home city, and so i as a kid met bill clinton. But it was after a big speech and i was tired and didnt want to be there and was crying, and Bill Clinton looked me, shocked that I would cry in his presence. I dont remember much else but I remember the look on his face.

Maybe he can look into the future, and saw your posts.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

A ton of people recognize that her accomplishments leading to getting elected senator were "spouse of President" so yea, trumps attack resonates. Hell if she were a generic white man senator shed be Chuck shumer, a person with zero presidential chance. Look at how biden did in 08, for instance.

That's all fine and good but it doesn't really matter in an election where women are a majority of voters and vote Democrat by a significant margin. Women voters were 53% of the electorate in 2012 and voted for Obama 55% - 44% Romney, Trump can't really afford to do worse than that so anything he says that may potentially turn off women voters is real dumb.

I mean you can believe that deep down women voters will think "Trump is right!" and vote for him if you want, let the unskewing begin

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/725756860138184704

trump-elevator-its-happening.gif

I know better than to get into an nml debate. even if I agreed with everything you and mastershakesman said, I still think it's a dumb thing to attack! I'm not actually making a point about whether it's true!

He has SO many ripe things to attack that unite virtually all voters. If he ran on a platform of just "burning down the rigged, corrupt, establishment," and aggressively avoided anything that could turn off conservative/independent women and minorities (or get libs out to vote in record numbers), I'll really be doubting hillary's chances

attacking her qualifications is, based on my impression of the GE electorate, incredibly dumb. The smart "pivot" isn't pulling back his positions, it's just focusing on the battle against the establishment imo

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Didn't all GOP candidates pledge that they would support whoever won the nomination process?

B-but that's when they thought it was an attack on Trump that would sink him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzX3tyHHMg

^ Me this whole election.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Majorian posted:

majorian plays spirit link on trump
trump attacks for 10 damage
majorian gains 10 smug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

stoutfish posted:

i can garuntee you that the entire country is just as sexist as i am just you wait

Not so much sexism as it is core competency and hiding behind a kind of political affirmative action and then feeling entitled to the highest office. No ones burst that bubble for her yet. The thing about Trump is he can attack people from angles that no one else is able to. Not just frivolous angles either, actual weak spots. Because Trump is anything but a hypocrite. And when someone with no hypocrisy in their character goes for the jugular, it's game over.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

thethreeman posted:

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/725756860138184704

trump-elevator-its-happening.gif

I know better than to get into an nml debate. even if I agreed with everything you and mastershakesman said, I still think it's a dumb thing to attack! I'm not actually making a point about whether it's true!

He has SO many ripe things to attack that unite virtually all voters. If he ran on a platform of just "burning down the rigged, corrupt, establishment," and aggressively avoided anything that could turn off conservative/independent women and minorities (or get libs out to vote in record numbers), I'll really be doubting hillary's chances

attacking her qualifications is, based on my impression of the GE electorate, incredibly dumb. The smart "pivot" isn't pulling back his positions, it's just focusing on the battle against the establishment imo

Bernie did this and it didn't work. More is required. "The establishment is rigged and corrupt" is too abstract at the end of the day. I think he will do this too though. Part of a great big arsenal of attacks and counterattacks.

Al! posted:

Let me tell you it's SHOCKING that all of nmls vitriol is because Bill Clinton scared him as a baby

Either i was scared to talk to him or i heard so much talk of him as president that when i met him he was just another person and that was a big letdown i dont remember. Either way i didnt say anything to him but he autographed something for me. I forget what. And thats my clinton story

No Mans Land fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 28, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this election cycle has been truly magical

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

No Mans Land posted:

Not so much sexism as it is core competency and hiding behind a kind of political affirmative action and then feeling entitled to the highest office. No ones burst that bubble for her yet.

Obama burst that bubble pretty loving hard for her in 2008.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nml is like sperg candy - he's just so blatantly wrong about everything that you just want to correct him but you shouldn't because it's bad for you and everyone else

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

thethreeman posted:

this is just so stupid I can't handle it. He should be waging war and stoking fear on the establishment, hillary's ties to donors, the rigged system, back door dealings, etc. Maybe even hillary's record. Why is he picking this battle??

I could be perfectly wrong, but seems to me he's angling to get other people to start talking about Hillary's record. Hillary/supporters counter with "what about all her experience as a Senator, SoS,..." just like in this thread, and that opens up the discussion of Iraq vote, Libya/Syria involvement, and more.

Also Trump and supporters were going to be called sexist anyways. Bernie and Bros have been called sexist since day one and they're in the same party. Trump might as well get the ball rolling now because by fall it's going to be just as exhausting for people not heavily tied to one side to hear sexism accusations as it got to hear Hitler accusations.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Montasque posted:

Rush was also pushing this line of thinking today...

Raddow had a great segment on this last night.

http://on.msnbc.com/1Tf9BLW

Think what you will of her, Maddow and her staff are excellent at drawing comparisons to history and providing retrospectives.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/725754906490093568.

Trump +2esh in Indiana. [The poll is dubious methodologically, but throw it on the pile with the others]

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bernice Anders posted:

Rep. Peter King: Cruz gives Lucifer a bad name

Best election ever!

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

WampaLord posted:

Obama burst that bubble pretty loving hard for her in 2008.

And its going to be deja vu all over again

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Al! posted:

Nml is like sperg candy - he's just so blatantly wrong about everything that you just want to correct him but you shouldn't because it's bad for you and everyone else

Many have fallen before you..

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

No Mans Land posted:

Not so much sexism as it is core competency and hiding behind a kind of political affirmative action and then feeling entitled to the highest office. No ones burst that bubble for her yet. The thing about Trump is he can attack people from angles that no one else is able to. Not just frivolous angles either, actual weak spots. Because Trump is anything but a hypocrite. And when someone with no hypocrisy in their character goes for the jugular, it's game over.

He is a hypocrite and a serial liar, and from your comments on the last two pages, you seem to be both sexist and an idiot.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

:wtc:

quote:

Big Boy – Chris Christie, former United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey, current Governor of New Jersey [27]
Conan the Republican - Arnold Schwarzenegger, former Republican Governor, California [28]

ok those are sort of obvious...

quote:

Flies on the Eyeballs Guy – Director of the CIA Counterterrorist Center Cofer Black [45]

What.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
If I was a defense attorney I'd have a no child rapist policy but I guess that's just me

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No Mans Land posted:

Many have fallen before you..

Literally nobody has fallen before you.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Sub Par posted:

He is a hypocrite and a serial liar, and from your comments on the last two pages, you seem to be both sexist and an idiot.

A Colbert link, well i never

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait, people were impressed by that?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

a cop posted:

Raddow had a great segment on this last night.

http://on.msnbc.com/1Tf9BLW

Think what you will of her, Maddow and her staff are excellent at drawing comparisons to history and providing retrospectives.

No one can predict the future and the Hitler card has already been played. CNN/Rush/MSNBC are asinine. This is identity politics at its worst.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I could be perfectly wrong, but seems to me he's angling to get other people to start talking about Hillary's record. Hillary/supporters counter with "what about all her experience as a Senator, SoS,..." just like in this thread, and that opens up the discussion of Iraq vote, Libya/Syria involvement, and more.

Also Trump and supporters were going to be called sexist anyways. Bernie and Bros have been called sexist since day one and they're in the same party. Trump might as well get the ball rolling now because by fall it's going to be just as exhausting for people not heavily tied to one side to hear sexism accusations as it got to hear Hitler accusations.

Trump can get people to talk about Hillary's record without making alienating comments about her gender, though. He could have done the exact opposite and said "yeah Hillary's a woman ok great, now let's talk about what actually matters i.e. her awful record and Benghazi" and not risked alienating even more voters. And then if Hillary brings up her femininity then she gets rightfully slammed for injecting it into the race.

But I suppose that's what separates Trump from the normal pols, gotta hand it to him for being authentic at least.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Sub Par posted:

You forgot to call him a racist and a trannie hater!!!!!

Also he doesn't approve of the cuck lifestyle so that must be very triggering for you

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Helical Nightmares posted:

No one can predict the future and the Hitler card has already been played. CNN/Rush/MSNBC are asinine. This is identity politics at its worst.

It's an extremely straightforward and unbiased historical retrospective.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Wait, people were impressed by that?

No, but Trump is clearly going to win the nomination and people will use any available excuse to gravitate towards him now.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

No Mans Land posted:

A Colbert link, well i never

I can give you a Breitbart one if that's more to your liking.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I hope Trump picks Susanna Martinez so I can watch ads of her drunk calling the police for six months.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

a cop posted:

It's an extremely straightforward and unbiased historical retrospective.

I'll take a look.

But my point stands. Psycho-history is not real. No one is a Hari Seldon. Historical trends can be useful but are not deterministic. Same with stock market trends. The future cannot be predicted.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

I'll take a look.

But my point stands. Psycho-history is not real. No one is a Hari Seldon. Historical trends can be useful but are not deterministic. Same with stock market trends. The future cannot be predicted.

No one's claiming to be able to predict the future, though - they're just discussing likelihoods. Right now, the strategies that you and other Trump supporters are lauding, are not likely to be successful. And you're kind of sounding like this dude all the while:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/725762487874936833

:clint:

• Locked thread