Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Also, C3 Peltasta to C3 Squire is the build of kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Is it free yet or what?

These cucks pushed it back to may

Brass fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 28, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Chocobo posted:

Awesome.

The other day I pulled two Arde Daggers out of one cube. Just like that I got my Roxona Plate Gauntlets and Boots, and finished up my Aias.

I farmed up all the stuff for the gauntlets

what a waste of time

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
AOE Ratio is never a waste of time.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Chocobo posted:

AOE Ratio is never a waste of time.

And that's why you should get Vubbe Fighter Gloves. Even low level characters can use them!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Silento posted:

And that's why you should get Vubbe Fighter Gloves. Even low level characters can use them!
Any silver making tips?

At this point I'd settle for "grind for 8 hours" to get enough to get an arde dagger. I've been debating soloing the 50 dungeon because supposedly you get around 100k per run (no idea if it's true) and it should be easy for me to do.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B0p1BIWka8

I want this mount very badly

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Khorne posted:

Any silver making tips?

At this point I'd settle for "grind for 8 hours" to get enough to get an arde dagger. I've been debating soloing the 50 dungeon because supposedly you get around 100k per run (no idea if it's true) and it should be easy for me to do.

Just kill everything you see! Murder is highly lucrative. :downs: :pseudo:

:same:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also, F2P launch has been rescheduled to May 10th.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Silento posted:

silento :kiddo:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Silento posted:

I don't know if I can take 2 more weeks of this torment. :supaburn:

I've got two concepts mulling in my brain as far as character builds go though. The first being what I'm told is a relatively solid option of C1 Wizard, C3 Cryomancer, C3 Chronomancer for all CC all the time.. The other concept I'm mucking around with is something like C1 Cleric, C1 Krivis, C2 Bokor, C2 Pardoner, C1 Plague Doctor as a sort of status spreader? Would Hexing even be spread by Pandemic or is it like my instincts tell me and debuffs and status ailments are separate things?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

C1 Cleric, C1 Krivis, C2 Bokor, C2 Pardoner, C1 Plague Doctor as a sort of status spreader?

C2 pardoner would be a waste for this build as you would only be able to sell one buff, and would have nothing high enough to use rank 10 simony on
*edit* to clarify, the shop sells buffs like aspersion/blessing, the scrolls you make with simony you just sell like regular items on the ah

YES bread fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 28, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I mostly had Pardoner there because of Discerning Evil, is that good enough leaving at 5/5 (and thus only C1 Pardoner)? In that case I'd just go the full C3 Bokor instead with C1 Pardoner...

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
How would you plan on using those bokor skills? I can't see Bokor 3 being much help on a debuffer build. Hex is p good if you primarily do magic damage but you certainly don't need 15 ranks of it. The effigy attribute that blinds is p cool but it only has a 25% chance of proccing at max level, and its hard to rely on that for a Pandemic. The zombie's are cool but you kind of need to build around them for them to be effective.

I'd consider dropping one or both of those pardoner circles and picking up something like sadhu. Bokor 1 would be just fine if all you wanna do is hex.

That wizard build looks fine though.

vvv ditto except replace oracle with bokor 3

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 28, 2016

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it just depends on if those extra 10 seconds are worth an entire rank to you, when you're not getting much out of the main focus of the class. however, as an oracle player it's not like I can judge someone for going in hard on a gimmick, heyoo

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Well this is all based on simply looking at available skill info as I haven't touched the game at all yet and wont get to until open access. :v: Purely just brainstorming on paper right now.

I just saw Plague Doctor looked really neat and Pandemic would be cool to try to abuse I'm just unsure of the best way to go about it since Cleric seems to not have an overly high amount of ailments to work with, or else I'm just being dumb.

I'm going to be tormenting myself over builds until I can play at any rate, Cleric has a number of subclasses that are very interesting to me.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The best way (imo) to work out an effective TOS build is to look at ranks 5-7 and see which abilities you want to focus on. Then work backwards and figure out a path that supports those high rank choices while also providing enough useful abilities to actually level you up to that point.

Trying to hyper maximize a few high rank abilities will make for a more effective character than simply sticking to traditional themes such as debuffing, dots, bursts, etc...

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
A little confused here as to what exactly adds extra attacks. Is it property damage or does it have to say "additional" property damage. The Cafrisun set says additional and it adds an attack, but any item I equip that says "X property attack X" does not. Getting mixed signal here because arde dagger brings all the boys to the yard, but it says "fire property attack X" on it. Supposedly it is so great because it adds an additional attack. I have a head piece that says "Ice property attack 20" and a necklace that says "fire property attack 6", but doesn't add any attacks.

Da fuq am I missing?

Also, what are desirable attributes for head pieces? I have enchanted a few and sold them with varying degrees of success but I have no idea if I got cheated or got over.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
The only things that add extra lines of damage afaik are the cafrisun bonus, fire enchant and priest/chaplain buffs. People and bots love arde because elemental property damage is added to every line you do, and arde has 153 of it

YES bread fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 29, 2016

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

YES bread posted:

The only things that add extra lines of damage afaik are the cafrisun bonus, fire enchant and priest/chaplain buffs. People and bots love arde because elemental property damage is added to every line you do, and arde has 153 of it

That makes sense. I thought it added another line.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
So is it expected that I just grind places for awhile sometimes?

I've followed the main quest line and done every single side quest in each area that I've been able to find, and I'm now finding myself roughly 10 levels below the area it has me in and getting my rear end kicked by normal enemies.

I'm about to step back a few areas and just murder masses of guys but I'm just making sure this is expected.

(Also this is with a token that gives 30% EXP)

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Darius099 posted:

I've followed the main quest line and done every single side quest in each area that I've been able to find, and I'm now finding myself roughly 10 levels below the area it has me in and getting my rear end kicked by normal enemies.

I'm about to step back a few areas and just murder masses of guys but I'm just making sure this is expected.

I'm betting you just hit the Royal Mausoleum? If that's the case, it's time to head over to the Orsha side of the map and start up the questline from there.

There's only one level range before level ~240 that has spotty quest coverage, and that's around level ~170.

You could also try using BetterQuest addon to ensure you haven't missed anything.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

gibbed posted:

I'm betting you just hit the Royal Mausoleum? If that's the case, it's time to head over to the Orsha side of the map and start up the questline from there.

There's only one level range before level ~240 that has spotty quest coverage, and that's around level ~170.

You could also try using BetterQuest addon to ensure you haven't missed anything.

Ha! Not at all, I'm level 34. The main quest has me in the basement of some church or somesuch.

I didn't even realize there were addons so that's helpful.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Darius099 posted:

Ha! Not at all, I'm level 34. The main quest has me in the basement of some church or somesuch.

If you're level 34 then you definitely missed quests/areas. The Klaipeda questline hits Royal Mausoleum around level 80-90 or so. You can pretty much coast to high levels on questing/dungeons, and you haven't even reached the first dungeon yet (level 50).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Still a good time to hit the Orsha questlines though.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so finally got Musketeer... for those wondering if it combos well with Running Shot, no it does not really

for some reason it doesn't animation cancel correctly and you don't get much of a fire rate increase at all, both 2h bows and 1h crossbows fire noticeably faster

on top of that musket mastery is complete trash compared to 2h bow mastery, you'll still want 2h bows for running shot on flying and 1h (grand cross) + arde/favorite offhand elemental damage item for everything else

HOWEVER, the skills in Musketeer make up for it all in a huge way

a mere rank 1 Snipe

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Updated LKChat today with better spam detection and other things. https://github.com/Lemon-King/ToS-LKChat/releases

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Khorne posted:

Any silver making tips?

Level as fast as possible because higher level stuff gives you massively more money.

I basically solo'd/duo'd my way to 130 and then decided to do dungeons after that and basically went broke after having pretty impressive cash flow. If you're not a shithead and actually buy potions for instanced dungeons they're very bad money. The best money areas are the non instanced dungeons because they drop a lot of sellable items, but the enemies tend to be harder.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Bashez posted:

Level as fast as possible because higher level stuff gives you massively more money.

I basically solo'd/duo'd my way to 130 and then decided to do dungeons after that and basically went broke after having pretty impressive cash flow. If you're not a shithead and actually buy potions for instanced dungeons they're very bad money. The best money areas are the non instanced dungeons because they drop a lot of sellable items, but the enemies tend to be harder.

Any tips on good areas you have found?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Forgotton posted:

Any tips on good areas you have found?

The higher the better, except for things with really marketable material loot. Old Hooks were good but bots tanked it. Cockatrice feathers were good, but can be difficult to fight. Orange Hammings were absolutely absurd money. They are kind of spread out so sprinting is really useful and even limited competition can make it not very fun. I think they're like 25% to drop the hamming leaf that was selling for 4-5k at the time I was killing them. Merogs were okay money.

I've stopped playing basically so this information may be way out of date.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Darius099 posted:

Save all level 7 and 8 cards and grind to 165 before using them. You'll grind again for a few levels around 215ish as you run out of quest zones. Other than that, just making sure you do your missions and dungeons every day is all the grinding you ought to need to do.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 29, 2016

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Darius099 posted:

Head to Klaip, buy a scroll to port to Orsha, run north through a few zones until you hit a 30ish zone. Pick up questing from there. This helps too https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JnL6TrV7QERh2k_ttt8pqWbfXQJId24eeDPVelZxdL4/edit#gid=09

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bashez posted:

There's no need to buy pots for dungeons because the game drowns you in sp pots.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Khorne posted:

There's no need to buy pots for dungeons because the game drowns you in sp pots.

I drink SP pots on cooldown as a swordsman. Where are you getting all these SP pots? I buy them constantly. There's also the odd dungeon where I need to tank without a healer which is an auto fail if I don't have a health pots.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Bashez posted:

I drink SP pots on cooldown as a swordsman. Where are you getting all these SP pots? I buy them constantly. There's also the odd dungeon where I need to tank without a healer which is an auto fail if I don't have a health pots.

They're awarded to you by quests now. Check your receive tab on the market, there should be a billion of them if you did the quests before they added the pots in as a reward.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Chocobo posted:

Save all level 7 and 8 cards and grind to 165 before using them. You'll grind again for a few levels around 215ish as you run out of quest zones. Other than that, just making sure you do your missions and dungeons every day is all the grinding you ought to need to do.

As I've now run two characters through this area and watched as others diverged from my path. I would highly suggest grinding from 150-170 at bees. It goes quicker than it sounds and you'll have alot of cards to power right into L190 from 170. You also have 20 levels worth of zones to complete for additional cards to help you get to 190 quicker. At that level you get access to the dungeon which gives good exp.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm really not a fan of the bee farm, I think I capped out at like 2 million exp an hour there whereas farming the trees in Second Demon Prison was netting me 4 to 5 million an hour on average.

Not to be confused with Demon Prison District Two, which is also only a few million experience an hour as far as I could tell.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 29, 2016

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

gibbed posted:

tell me the secret of avoiding alemeth forest grinding, and please don't say wait for daily quests

Chocobo posted:

I'm really not a fan of the bee farm, I think I capped out at like 2 million exp an hour there whereas farming the trees in Second Demon Prison was netting me 4 to 5 million an hour on average.

Not to be confused with Demon Prison District Two, which is also only a few million experience an hour as far as I could tell.

this has a lot to do with what class you are/if you have a party with a decent size claim on the map too, for instance archers can double their damage against bees and if you're in a party that has the entirety of the demon prison trees to themselves and kills fast it can be very good

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

do bees even count as flying

I remember them getting hit by caltrops, which means they aren't flying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
I think the small bees are not flying but the other bees are flying, wonderful

• Locked thread