Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I left the door open on the option that Mike himself started it, but alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

i didn't see the rockhold/weidman fight, did rockhold do something other than his classic moves of body kick, lead hook, guillotine, ground and pound?

No but it worked

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Diego Brandao got his walking papers after threatening a bouncer with a gun. http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Releases-The-Ultimate-Fighter-14-Winner-Diego-Brandao-104147

Good.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Chael Sonnen has some great points on how stupid John Kavanagh is being right now. Odd to be agreeing with Chael but hey whatever. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/28/11526200/sonnen-blasts-mcgregors-coach-after-begging-to-get-conor-back-on-ufc

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Le Saboteur posted:

Chael Sonnen has some great points on how stupid John Kavanagh is being right now. Odd to be agreeing with Chael but hey whatever. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/28/11526200/sonnen-blasts-mcgregors-coach-after-begging-to-get-conor-back-on-ufc

It shouldn't feel odd to be correct and cool. I hope you find the help you need, and I'm here for you if you ever want to talk.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I always thought it was dumb that people blame the kick so much like he was going to win if it wasn't for that. Like Rockhold used the opportunity to get his back and take him down but really it was a matter of time, regardless of him landing a few good shots before. People miss spinning poo poo all the time but they don't usually instantly get beaten to death because of it. Vitor threw and missed the same kick against Rockhold and we know how that turned outm

Like I didn't even really remember the kick right after the fight, I just remembered they got in some sort of scramble and Rockhold came out on top and demolished him.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He missed it but because Luke was too close as opposed to too far away.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
It looks like a technique he is not totally in control of so it's pretty strange he felt confident enough to throw it.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

manyak posted:

Shut the gently caress up

attackmole posted:

Keep us posted.

I'm getting mixed messages here, like some confused young men who go and train at Tri star.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am a huge Weidman fan so if anything my bias was probably colored to favor him, and I thought Rockhold was going to clearly win that fight if it went to decision. It was reasonably close in that it wasn't a blowout until Chris did a foolishness, but it was not close enough to have any doubt who was up on the scorecards.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The cool thing about rockhold/Weidman was watching a pressure wrestler struggle to smother a kicker. It seemed like a bad matchup on paper but Rockhold landed all night.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I always thought it was dumb that people blame the kick so much like he was going to win if it wasn't for that. Like Rockhold used the opportunity to get his back and take him down but really it was a matter of time, regardless of him landing a few good shots before. People miss spinning poo poo all the time but they don't usually instantly get beaten to death because of it. Vitor threw and missed the same kick against Rockhold and we know how that turned outm

Like I didn't even really remember the kick right after the fight, I just remembered they got in some sort of scramble and Rockhold came out on top and demolished him.

cmon now i agree rockhold had the upper had and was winning the fight but weidmans kick was a bad idea that got him owned. if he hadnt done it rockhold couldnt have latched on to him

people do throw spinning poo poo but he wasnt crisp or accurate

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

vainman posted:

The cool thing about rockhold/Weidman was watching a pressure wrestler struggle to smother a kicker. It seemed like a bad matchup on paper but Rockhold landed all night.

Weidman struggled to capitalize the obvious way that a wrestler is supposed to when getting kicked to the body and legs -- to convert to a single and drag it to the ground. Rockhold had just enough success between his power, motion, and movement to keep forcing it as a standup game. And honestly, Weidman seemed totally content with that, to his detriment.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

willie_dee posted:

I'm getting mixed messages here, like some confused young men who go and train at Tri star.

i agree with manyak but in a slightly more polite way

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

willie_dee posted:

When she gets back to Scotland I am going to ask her what GSP was like, if she says the same thing other people have said then maybe GSP is just weird, I have a feeling she wont though, if she says anything that confirms my current theory unprompted I will let you know I have a 3rd source.

Either say exactly what was told to you and by who, or shut the gently caress up about it forever on pain of a ban.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

He missed it but because Luke was too close as opposed to too far away.

It's what is "Affectionately*" known as a meme kick in other places.

A technique that looks really good, carries knockout power if it lands right, will be in your highlight reel forever if you win the fight with it and you're going to be on the local sports news Top 10 moments of the weekend in that case, so gently caress it, why not throw it?

And then when they go wrong, and they do pretty often, they can go spectacularly wrong and you look like a twat who only threw it because some other dude scored a killer KO with it a couple of months back.

Basically, it's like people see Wonderboy and think they can do what Wonderboy does, but Wonderboy can do it because he's Wonderboy and you, Chris Weidman, Sage Northcutt, whoever else, are not.

*Mockingly.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bundt Cake posted:

cmon now i agree rockhold had the upper had and was winning the fight but weidmans kick was a bad idea that got him owned. if he hadnt done it rockhold couldnt have latched on to him

people do throw spinning poo poo but he wasnt crisp or accurate

Yeah it was a lovely kick and he wouldn't have latched onto him if he hadn't thrown it. But something else would have happened and he would have gotten destroyed. I just don't agree with this notion thst the kick was his downfall and he would have won without it. And no I don't have quotes but yes people have said this. The dude was so done he got dragged down and then forgot what jiu jitsu was. If he throws the kick or not he was gonna get brutalized.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dangersim posted:

Yeah it was a lovely kick and he wouldn't have latched onto him if he hadn't thrown it. But something else would have happened and he would have gotten destroyed. I just don't agree with this notion thst the kick was his downfall and he would have won without it. And no I don't have quotes but yes people have said this. The dude was so done he got dragged down and then forgot what jiu jitsu was. If he throws the kick or not he was gonna get brutalized.

I don't think he would've eventually been stopped like that, but it sure looked like Weidman was on his way to losing most rounds just based on the way Rockhold was able to kick him a lot.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

Either say exactly what was told to you and by who, or shut the gently caress up about it forever on pain of a ban.

At last, the end to a literally fake and gay saga

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

At last, the end to a literally fake and gay saga

willie, do a press conference with JT where you reveal your findings.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

1st AD posted:

I don't think he would've eventually been stopped like that, but it sure looked like Weidman was on his way to losing most rounds just based on the way Rockhold was able to kick him a lot.

I feel like this too. Weidman was gaining some ground by going to kicks of his own but had also taken a good sized beating beforehand. I'm looking forward to the rematch.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'll finally reveal my source for knowing GSP is gay: it's my own drat brain. One of the greatest thinking tools in history, the brain gives us all of our ideas and throughts.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

I think he just meant in control of that round

Thanks, yes. I'm not trying to say that Weidman was on his way to victory, only that he was getting stronger and Luke was wilting when Chris did the thing, and if we're hypothesising on a rematch, it's worth considering.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

"wilting" is not a word I would use to describe Rockhold's performance prior to the failed spinning poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

1st AD posted:

"wilting" is not a word I would use to describe Rockhold's performance prior to the failed spinning poo poo

From beating the absolute poo poo out of someone to getting backed up and hit repeatedly while throwing not much of your own... Use whatever adjective you want man.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He was definitely on the defensive prior to that. He had landed some good body shots in the last couple rounds but Weidman had been ascendant for a bit. It was a back and forth type of fight up tot that point tho

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Except Rockhold was still landing on Weidman into the 3rd round, before the stupid spin kick. It wasn't like Weidman was starting to take over, both guys had kind of gassed and while that gave Weidman some openings he also seemed noticeably slower.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

Except Rockhold was still landing on Weidman into the 3rd round, before the stupid spin kick. It wasn't like Weidman was starting to take over, both guys had kind of gassed and while that gave Weidman some openings he also seemed noticeably slower.

It's possible I'm not remembering correctly. I'll rewatch the fight today and apologise profusely if I made you type all those words because I'm dumb.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:munch:

I'm waiting to see Willie D turn up

like GSP?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Except Rockhold was still landing on Weidman into the 3rd round, before the stupid spin kick. It wasn't like Weidman was starting to take over

It was kind of exactly like that, actually

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

It's possible I'm not remembering correctly. I'll rewatch the fight today and apologise profusely if I made you type all those words because I'm dumb.

No, it was exactly as you said.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Both Weidman and Rockhold were pretty gassed coming out of the second I'm guessing due to their pre fight issues catching up to them. But when the all American wrestler was taken down and could do nothing but get beat up by Luke I imagine Weidman was the more spent of the two.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Le Saboteur posted:

Both Weidman and Rockhold were pretty gassed coming out of the second I'm guessing due to their pre fight issues catching up to them. But when the all American wrestler was taken down and could do nothing but get beat up by Luke I imagine Weidman was the more spent of the two.

Both of them cut stupid amounts of weight to make middleweight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvoorABjEZU&hd=1

Is this the first time they've done an Embedded for a press tour?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

McGregor/Aldo's 189 press tour

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Someone asked Cain what the last thing that made him cry was and it was

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...