Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

net cafe scandal posted:

Not in this game, it seems.. or at least the value that does this is set to 0 for players in the code. So all the poise you get is based off your weapons moveset, it seems.

Put Points Into Resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

net cafe scandal posted:

gently caress the ocean.

*tears off pants stripper style* way ahead of you

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
hosed up because that's literally all Yhorms Greatshield does is give you like 50 poise

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
http://webmshare.com/play/6BDLn

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm convinced poise does something but since your movesets give you hyperarmor it never really comes into play except when holding up a shield. If you are just standing there you dont have jack poo poo to defend you.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I didnt realize Bob already posted this, we both saw this independently of eachother on our favorite website, Tumblr.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oh my god

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol

looooool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mound makers are epic

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't get it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Loss.jpg is getting loving ABSTRACT

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Have you guys seen that Obscuring Ring... My God. WShat incredible power!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm currently buying every spell even though i only have 8 faith and 12 int. Depending on how I can get my co-op on, might have a super character at like level 200. The short root chalice still gets me hits at 200 in bloodborne :whitewater:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was regularly getting hits at 120 but it feels like everyone is just really good at everything in NG+ and i think the actual pvp level will be 150+

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
100-120 seems high enough. if you have it too high then there wont be any builds

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im goingt o stay at 65 for as long as ic an so i can keep gettng aldrich faithful hits nd mound maker invades after the pontiff bonfire

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

100-120 seems high enough. if you have it too high then there wont be any builds

it was high enough in dks1 but now theres vit and offensive stats scale up to 60

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was high enough in dks1 but now theres vit and offensive stats scale up to 60

wait what. holy poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was the same in ds1 and vit isnt important for pvp builds in ds3. especially if poise is tied to equip load percentage instead of, well, poise.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well the poise stuff is a bug..hopefully

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also it may not be % but the actual weight number. i have def seen havel people who can just eat u.g. sword attacks while everyone else gets interrupted lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
most ppl will use wolf rings in that case. at any rate i dont think people are going to pvp at really high levels just for some extra poise.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think only magic stats scale up to 60 and its 40 for str/DEX

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I think only magic stats scale up to 60 and its 40 for str/DEX

no its 60 for str and dex and 99 for int. it was like that in ds1 as well. the cap is still 40 though, you dont get much more after that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh I mean those are the soft caps.. I think. Let's just all check the wiki

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In any case I don't think SL will go over 120 nor should it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh I mean those are the soft caps.. I think. Let's just all check the wiki

that sounds about right

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I notice a lot of people dump vigor in this game... It's really funny when you can twoshot someone with a straight sword. On the other hand a lot of those people have unreal strength and dexterity and will wreck you with a big, well-scaling weapon

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Looks like 1.06 regulation tweaked watchdog and faithful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i havent went over 27 vigor cos you get like 20hp or less per lvl after that. i dont think ive taken more than 40% of my health in one hit in a pvp fight yet either but most people ive fought have been 1 handing small weapons with shields

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Has anyone had any luck getting summoned as a blue sentinel? I see them whenever I invade, but have never been summoned as one.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i went to 125 because i like thinking of the yeol levels as a bonus

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Has anyone had any luck getting summoned as a blue sentinel? I see them whenever I invade, but have never been summoned as one.

It doesn't seem to work for some people sadly. I get summoned pretty regularly but most people get nothing. No idea what I'm doing differently.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

It doesn't seem to work for some people sadly. I get summoned pretty regularly but most people get nothing. No idea what I'm doing differently.

It only summons gay people LOL!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

It only summons gay people LOL!

no u

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Leadthumb posted:

I've been getting a rare summon here and there as a Darkmoon, usually to late too help the host.

What level are people usually hitting the castle at? I'm at 80 which feels over leveled on one hand, but on the other I'm taking as much damage from the stat boosted knights as I did from Dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How I feel in PVP

How I feel in PVE

• Locked thread