Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

as halfway crooks posted:

as opposed to affirmative action for the nuclear football? i dunno

condi will never be vp, trump doesnt want to link himself to the bush years

Well it is true that only a white man has the probity and clear headedness to handle such matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

Nah, he's gonna pick a woman based on pandering that has a record good enough he can say it was based on competency. No one will buy it, and when they don't he can call them all sexist and hypocritical even though they're right. And he will win that argument because they will be cowed in precisely the way he never is.

shouting and cowing somebody down doesn't equate to winning an argument, it's a fundamental bad understanding of how debate works

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

Hey oiled and ready that is some top notch TOP NOTCH weaseling I mean it completely seriously I'm going to use that one.

Right? I knew people would bite on that one. It's going in the weasel quiver.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No Mans Land posted:

Evidence is, look how bad action movies with female leads do at the box office. Since we don't have any better data.

Counterpoint: That's retarded.
2nd Counterpoint: Obama won twice in a row despite not being in many action movies.
3rd Counterpoint: No seriously, what the gently caress?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

as halfway crooks posted:

as opposed to affirmative action for the nuclear football? i dunno

Clinton is easily the most qualified in terms of abilities but one of the least qualified ethically to be commander in chief.

take that as you will

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The only thing I know for sure about Trump's VP pick is that it's going to be loving hilarious.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Typo posted:

shouting and cowing somebody down doesn't equate to winning an argument, it's a fundamental bad understanding of how debate works

No, he will be using a leftist argument there (sexist!!!) and therefore shouting and cowing someone down IS winning.

E: time for WADR I'll be back in an hour and you'll be glad because now you're locked in here with NML

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

DaveWoo posted:

So Steve Deace was on CNN a little while ago, it went about as well as you might expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvRlvhhua4M

Steve Deace is a hateful maggot.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Al! posted:

Women, like men, suffer from hysteria and are so drat crazy.

Judging from this thread more men do :haw:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

The only thing I know for sure about Trump's VP pick is that it's going to be loving hilarious.

Donald Trump posted:

And might I remind you that the longer this goes on, the closer I get to selecting a running mate. That realization kind of delighted you in a way, didn’t it? You absolutely want to know who I’d pick. A defeated GOP challenger who hates my guts? Another lunatic billionaire? Maybe my own son, Donald Trump Jr.? Whatever your wildest expectation is, I promise you I will surpass it. You’re not going to pass up an opportunity to see that, are you?

I can tell you’re practically salivating right now. And I’m going to keep riding this fascination, this little fixation you have with me as far as you’ll take me. You know I will.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

No, he will be using a leftist argument there (sexist!!!) and therefore shouting and cowing someone down IS winning.

no it's not, the point of debating is to convince people to like you. winning an argument as defined by being the last person talking has almost no value

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Typo posted:

no it's not, the point of debating is to convince people to like you. winning an argument as defined by being the last person talking has almost no value

(Opens jacket revealing Big Dogs "he who does with the most toys wins" tshirt)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Typo posted:

Clinton is easily the most qualified in terms of abilities but one of the least qualified ethically to be commander in chief.

take that as you will

Ummm Trump is a NYC real estate developer so....

EDIT: Deace looks like a human bullfrog.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DaveWoo posted:

So Steve Deace was on CNN a little while ago, it went about as well as you might expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvRlvhhua4M

Sometimes I wonder how that crazy person got on TV to scream and rant in such a way to make the crazy Trump lady seem reasonable.

Than I remember. CNN.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

zoux posted:

It's going to be Ivanka. He's always wanted her as his mate.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
If Trump picks a female VP he will lose

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Shageletic posted:

Right, a Trump administration would not be be any less corrupt than Hillary's.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Shageletic posted:

How soon we forget Clinton was associated with drones

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

If Trump picks a female VP he will lose

holy poo poo it's like nml's sexism outweighs his faith in the god emperor

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
Every candidacy with a female VP has failed. McCain/Palin, Mondale/Ferraro

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

zoux posted:

Well well well looks like we all owe Ted Cruz an apology.
https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/725759923200520192

Cool, it's even got the ring and all.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

holy poo poo it's like nml's sexism outweighs his faith in the god emperor

I have no idea what you think you mean by sexism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Gentle Ben is the only answer

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No Mans Land posted:

And all of those candidates? They drank liquid water. I think we all see the connection here.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
Male president/Female VP creates a bad sexual dynamic feeling for the voter. Everyone knows it but try to force it through anyway in order to feel correct about smashing the gender binary and Current Year

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Typo posted:

Right, a Trump administration would not be be any less corrupt than Hillary's.

I don't know about that. Last I remember, Trump never toppled a Central American government so that he could install a genocidal but US-friendly replacement.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No Mans Land posted:

Also I've tried to go to Coney Island twice but both times it was raining, so I've concluded its always raining at Coney Island. Even though both of those times it was already raining when I left the house. But still. 2-for-2 is clear proof that will never be refuted.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

chemtrail huffer posted:

I don't know about that. Last I remember, Trump never toppled a Central American government so that he could install a genocidal but US-friendly replacement.

Clinton never did so either

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

how many first ladies have gone on to become senators? because if this and dem thread are anything to go by its like the most natural career path ever

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No Mans Land posted:

Male president/Female VP creates a bad sexual dynamic feeling for the voter. Everyone knows it

That's literally just you. Because you're weird I guess and can't stop thinking about John McCain pounding Sarah Palin over the desk.

quote:

but try to force it through anyway in order to feel correct about smashing the gender binary and Current Year

stop browsing reddit

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

STAC Goat posted:

Also I've tried to go to Coney Island twice but both times it was raining, so I've concluded its always raining at Coney Island. Even though both of those times it was already raining when I left the house. But still. 2-for-2 is clear proof that will never be refuted.

Why pick the gender before the candidate though. It's not like anyone can think of a stellar candidate for VP who just happens to be female. Everyone is going out of their way to think of female VP's and then claiming that gender is not a factor for decision making. It's the worst cognitive dissonance I've seen. Does gender matter or does it not matter?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

go to bed nml

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

babypolis posted:

how many first ladies have gone on to become senators? because if this and dem thread are anything to go by its like the most natural career path ever

Way more natural than female VP. They are not below someone by the nature of their position. VP is like a "hype man" position, not a natural fit for a woman.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Typo posted:

Clinton never did so either

Actually, she did:

quote:

As Honduran scholar Dana Frank points out in Foreign Affairs, the U.S.-backed post-coup government “rewarded coup loyalists with top ministries,” opening the door for further “violence and anarchy.”

The homicide rate in Honduras, already the highest in the world, increased by 50 percent from 2008 to 2011; political repression, the murder of opposition political candidates, peasant organizers and LGBT activists increased and continue to this day. Femicides skyrocketed. The violence and insecurity were exacerbated by a generalized institutional collapse. Drug-related violence has worsened amid allegations of rampant corruption in Honduras’ police and government. While the gangs are responsible for much of the violence, Honduran security forces have engaged in a wave of killings and other human rights crimes with impunity.

Despite this, however, both under Clinton and Kerry, the State Department’s response to the violence and military and police impunity has largely been silence, along with continued U.S. aid to Honduran security forces. In “Hard Choices,” Clinton describes her role in the aftermath of the coup that brought about this dire situation. Her firsthand account is significant both for the confession of an important truth and for a crucial false testimony.

First, the confession: Clinton admits that she used the power of her office to make sure that Zelaya would not return to office.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/9/hillary-clinton-honduraslatinamericaforeignpolicy.html

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

No Mans Land posted:

Why pick the gender before the candidate though. It's not like anyone can think of a stellar candidate for VP who just happens to be female. Everyone is going out of their way to think of female VP's and then claiming that gender is not a factor for decision making. It's the worst cognitive dissonance I've seen. Does gender matter or does it not matter?

Elizabeth Warren comes to mind off the top of my head for a good VP pick but that's okay, keep being really weird about this

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

No Mans Land posted:

Male president/Female VP creates a bad sexual dynamic feeling for the voter.

Well, I know I wasn't very comfortable with Buchanan having a male VP, but that turned out okay.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

No Mans Land posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol oh yeah i forgot that Clinton did Iran Contra like that canvasser said

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I'm glad to see the resident Trumpistas' grasp of probability is this good. It'll be a great election season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Louisgod posted:

Elizabeth Warren comes to mind off the top of my head for a good VP pick but that's okay, keep being really weird about this

It doesn't work. She's better where she is. And VP for Trump? or just VP in general. Holy poo poo

• Locked thread