Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Justin has been on the asmr train for some time now, Travis needs to get his own creepy poo poo going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Scudworth posted:

Justin has been on the asmr train for some time now, Travis needs to get his own creepy poo poo going.

I thought Justin's "true thing you thought was a joke" was his Jimmy Buffet lifestyle. Or maybe Fushigi.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
I thought it was constantly shiting his pants.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Scudworth posted:

Just please don't let it be Furry

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
The ending of 3 hundo was pretty sweet.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Lin-Manuel Miranda was featured on the latest Last Week Tonight. I was reminded that he performed at the White House and got a standing ovation from the president. Truly the most powerful MBMBaM fan.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

FutonForensic posted:

Lin-Manuel Miranda was featured on the latest Last Week Tonight. I was reminded that he performed at the White House and got a standing ovation from the president. Truly the most powerful MBMBaM fan.

He also got Andrew Jackson kicked off the front of the twenty dollar bill.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I thought Justin's "true thing you thought was a joke" was his Jimmy Buffet lifestyle. Or maybe Fu-shuggums.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

I wonder if it's low-key scary to be Lin's friend sometimes, given the non-zero chance he may call you and say "yo I'm here with the President/your celebrity crush/childhood hero, say what up" when you're not expecting it.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

SpacePig posted:

I thought Justin's "true thing you thought was a joke" was his Jimmy Buffet lifestyle. Or maybe Fushigi.

No lie, his Jimmy Buffet lifestyle upsets me greatly.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Obligatory Toast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeEbMykp4Pk

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YOU USED TO BE MY BROTHER

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
If you don't enjoy Jimmy Buffet and wearing flamboyant, "Island Time" shirts, then you are a broken human being.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Obligatory Toast posted:

That's silly, because Justin dads about as hard as any dad has ever dadded and the Jimmy Buffet thing is a critical component of that masterpiece.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Whoa it was Rileigh picking out the t-shirts the whole time

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Toaster Beef posted:

That's silly, because Justin dads about as hard as any dad has ever dadded and the Jimmy Buffet thing is a critical component of that masterpiece.

It's just concerning to see the progression, though. In the span of 6 short years, Justin has gone from being someone making fun of Buffet dads, to being a Buffet dad himself. He's still funny, and TIBaS is seriously one of the best things on the internet, but his lifestyle choices otherwise are just concerning.

Tempo 119 posted:

Whoa it was Rileigh picking out the t-shirts the whole time

"She was six or seven at the time"
This transformation has been happening since before the show started. Tragic.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Thank Travis, Travis is now verified on Twitter.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cael posted:

Thank Travis, Travis is now verified on Twitter.

What will he tweet about now?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

What will he tweet about now?

Unending reminders to listen to all his shows, I imagine

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Travis is the podcast king. He's in and producing every podcast in the world.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Unending reminders to listen to all his shows, I imagine

So no change.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Meowjesty posted:

Travis is the podcast king. He's in and producing every podcast in the world.

Listener Supported Podcast King, maybe. The true Podcast King is Paul F Tompkins, and I won't hear otherwise.

But yeah, Travis is all over the place now. I hope he doesn't end up wearing himself down with all of this.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Listener Supported Podcast King, maybe. The true Podcast King is Paul F Tompkins, and I won't hear otherwise.

But yeah, Travis is all over the place now. I hope he doesn't end up wearing himself down with all of this.

He's made podcasting his profession, so yeah I hope he doesn't burn out on it either.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I really like (and can't remember) if I mentioned that I like how Still Buffering brought on their other sister.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
I like it too because the podcast can now properly be referred to as MSMSAM (in my head at least).

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I wish Griffin was a more ruthless dm. it'd make combat episodes way more interesting. I understand you can't kill the main characters at least permanently, but I think some of the side characters shouldn't have the same plot armor. They're expendable cause you can just make more npcs, and it would go a long way for the episodes long combat scenes having some stakes instead of just reenacting the Jedi vs battledroid scenes in star wars

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He killed that smoking dwarf.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Whizbang posted:

He killed that smoking dwarf.

Off camera, so it didn't actually help combat be interesting unfortunately, but yeah more of that

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boy Land's death was an unjust travesty.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Adventure Zone's existence as an entertainment podcast takes priority most of the time, and part of why people like it is the characters. I'd hate it personally if Carey and Killian just got smushed against the wall and died in the middle of a combat scene because of an awful roll, even if it makes sense in context of it being a game. Griffin's certainly shown that characters can die though, especially if it fits the narrative really well, so I can forgive it a lot personally

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

flatluigi posted:

Adventure Zone's existence as an entertainment podcast takes priority most of the time, and part of why people like it is the characters. I'd hate it personally if Carey and Killian just got smushed against the wall and died in the middle of a combat scene because of an awful roll, even if it makes sense in context of it being a game. Griffin's certainly shown that characters can die though, especially if it fits the narrative really well, so I can forgive it a lot personally

Everyone being fanservice super cool ninjas who blink at enemies and kill them doesn't make for an interesting story to me at least. I actually don't care about the gameplay, but some stakes makes for a better story. In classic story structure you need some falls to make the victory sweeter

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Adventure Zone isn't game of thrones, it's not even a Final Fantasy game, it's like the old Saturday morning Dungeons and Dragons cartoon but with a lot of swearing and plant sex. You're listening to the wrong podcast if you want dramatic stakes and people dying left and right

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I like the goofs! I just wish the exposition and combat episodes were as interesting, and spitballing ideas to help me find it interesting

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I don't want any characters to die because of rules reasons. One of these times that Travis tries to do something really really dumb I want Griffin to just say ok and then, completely deadpan, to kill off Magnus in the most brutal way imaginable because it would be extremely loving funny.

Also, the episode where Merle lost his hand was probably the most engaging the show has ever been because I honestly didn't know how far Griffin was going to let things go.

I wouldn't be surprised though if at the end of this whole Grand Relics saga Griffin concocts some sort of Mass Effect scenario where one of them has to die to save the world.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Also, the episode where Merle lost his hand was probably the most engaging the show has ever been because I honestly didn't know how far Griffin was going to let things go.

Yeah that was a cool tense bit for sure!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's worth noting that the robot fight going on in the background didn't work like a normal fight. I imagine that every point or two of damage Carey and N0-3773 did was worth one smashed robot, and that's why they were wrecking so much shop.

EDIT: Also Lucas would have died if Taako hadn't freed his mother, which was a very good choice on his part. It helped them out and it was a cool story moment. Also it let Magnus eat the stone, which is one of the top 5 moments so far imo.

EDIT2: Which reminds me: It is entirely possible that they are going to have to cut Magnus open. If this were literally any of the Grand Relics that they got before they could just wait for nature to take it's course, but if they don't get that thing out of his within the next 20-30 minutes, the Earth is going to turn to crystal.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 29, 2016

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Ariong posted:

It's worth noting that the robot fight going on in the background didn't work like a normal fight. I imagine that every point or two of damage Carey and N0-3773 did was worth one smashed robot, and that's why they were wrecking so much shop.

Carey was killing one robot a round, because that's what rogues do. No.3113 was mowing them down by the handful because she was a reward for figuring out Griffin's soul gem puzzle.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Also Lucas would have died if Taako hadn't freed his mother, which was a very good choice on his part. It helped them out and it was a cool story moment. Also it let Magnus eat the stone, which is one of the top 5 moments so far imo.

EDIT2: Which reminds me: It is entirely possible that they are going to have to cut Magnus open. If this were literally any of the Grand Relics that they got before they could just wait for nature to take it's course, but if they don't get that thing out of his within the next 20-30 minutes, the Earth is going to turn to crystal.

I think they stopped the crystallization by getting it away from Legion. They probably still want to get it out of him though, before an idle thought starts another chain reaction around Magnus.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

wagnike2 posted:

I really like (and can't remember) if I mentioned that I like how Still Buffering brought on their other sister.
Sydnee
Rileigh
Teylor

what i'm saying is this family is weird at naming kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Sivart13 posted:

Sydnee
Rileigh
Teylor

what i'm saying is this family is weird at naming kids

I can't describe how mad I was the first time I saw Teylor's name in print.