Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

So how badly were the gotthard twin swords and great chaos fire orb nerfed? Are they still usable?

What the gently caress did they do to my chaos orb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
GCFO GTFO, I think I read -33% somewhere

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

This games world isn't that great, hey look its dark soul 1 rehashed with nothing interesting added. Oh yea your town is from demon's souls and the bridge to the last boss is too!

O_O

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm kind of dissapointed in the NPC invaders are DS2's DLC stuff. They had personality and silly little gimmicks, rather than just bags of hitpoints.

Like that loving white invading phantom in Eleum Loyce.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Krinkle posted:

What the gently caress did they do to my chaos orb?

From heard there was one good spell.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Anyone got opinions on the painting guardian curved sword? Still looking for a nice bleed weapon and I'm not really feeling the flamberge. I mean its good but I just dislike big, slow swinging weapons.

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm kind of dissapointed in the NPC invaders are DS2's DLC stuff. They had personality and silly little gimmicks, rather than just bags of hitpoints.

Yeah DS2's DLC invaders were great. This game only has a handful of good ones. Knight Slayers Tsorig is probably the funniest one. Yellowfinger Heysel earns points for just being really obnoxious.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kaldaris posted:

Like that loving white invading phantom in Eleum Loyce.

Ahahaha, he's the one who would try to sneak up on you if the character was facing away from him, right?

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Fashion souls is loving great in DS3

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Well seig died like a drat chump. What a waste of time

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Anyone on PS4 wanna drop me a Dark Mask so I can finally complete my outfit and finish the game?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone got opinions on the painting guardian curved sword? Still looking for a nice bleed weapon and I'm not really feeling the flamberge. I mean its good but I just dislike big, slow swinging weapons.

Yeah DS2's DLC invaders were great. This game only has a handful of good ones. Knight Slayers Tsorig is probably the funniest one. Yellowfinger Heysel earns points for just being really obnoxious.

tsorig is sadly not immune to Indiana jones style boulders made of living skeletons, or pools of lava, and he has the bad sense to try and fight you right next to both. I don't think I actually attacked him either time I fought him, but the game world made short work of him just the same.

it's actually kind of funny because he looks like a tough fucker and then it's all CRUNCH CRUNCH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH and then you get a bunch of souls.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I haven't tried the painting guardian sword but if you're looking for a cool bleeding weapon the Warden Twinblades are super cool. A complete bitch to farm but so much fun, spinning and bleeding everything!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Buschmaki posted:

Anyone on PS4 wanna drop me a Dark Mask so I can finally complete my outfit and finish the game?

I've got a spare but won't be on for an hour or so. PSN MosquitoJones.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Pyromancy feels rather slow, so I'm wondering how much worse sorcery is to start

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Any tips for making running to Oceiros easier at level 20? I don't really need anything from there, just dicking around. Also the robe of prayer set goes nicely with the dancer set. Not leveling my encumbrance at all so I'm just dicking around with light armor I didn't look at earlier.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

homeless poster posted:

tsorig is sadly not immune to Indiana jones style boulders made of living skeletons, or pools of lava, and he has the bad sense to try and fight you right next to both. I don't think I actually attacked him either time I fought him, but the game world made short work of him just the same.

it's actually kind of funny because he looks like a tough fucker and then it's all CRUNCH CRUNCH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH and then you get a bunch of souls.

Well I guess it's kind of like Tarkus falling off the rafters and dying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

Pyromancy feels rather slow, so I'm wondering how much worse sorcery is to start

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

So how badly were the gotthard twin swords and great chaos fire orb nerfed? Are they still usable?

Looks like stamina consumption on all the twin weapon L1s is increased but no damage nerf, so it's probably still okay. Worse than before but still very good. Only a problem if you were spamming L1 which is a bad idea with Gotthard anyway.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SubponticatePoster posted:

I've got a spare but won't be on for an hour or so. PSN MosquitoJones.

I was joking, but thank you for the offer!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I decided to make a faith build without really planning ahead. Any recommendations for weapons? I'm using a raw Astora sword for now but would prefer getting away from straight swords.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Ahahaha, he's the one who would try to sneak up on you if the character was facing away from him, right?

He was basically programmed to be an rear end in a top hat. In the 3rd dlc he would try to backstab you at first, then once you hit him he runs away and estuses a ton. He is really annoying to kill this way since he has a lot of health and stamina to run away with. If you open the gate to the next area he runs past you and hides behind the miniboss.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I honestly think the chaos fireball nerf is fine since it was an absurdly good spell, but the fact that they didn't buff any other spells is absurd. There are so many worthless garbage spells right now. You could double the damage on crystal hail and it still wouldn't be worth using!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

Do not sorcery. Until you reach really high levels, you're going to be doing fuckall with fewer flasks to spare and less health than anybody else with nothing to show for it but ranged damage you could match with a bow.

RESPECCING into sorcery, however, is something I wish I'd thought of before getting all the way to Aldrich, who has completely stonewalled that particular character.

in short

voltcatfish posted:

so much worse

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Iretep posted:

He was basically programmed to be an rear end in a top hat. In the 3rd dlc he would try to backstab you at first, then once you hit him he runs away and estuses a ton. He is really annoying to kill this way since he has a lot of health and stamina to run away with. If you open the gate to the next area he runs past you and hides behind the miniboss.

Yeah it's really messed up how similar that phantom's strategy is to real DS3 player invaders (hiding behind the biggest mob they can find and running away to estus.)

It's like they read a bunch of positive reviews of the dlc mentioning that phantom npc and decided to base all of DS3 pvp around it, under the assumption that people must really like chasing sneaky estusing guys that hide behind large enemies. Be careful what you wish for and all that, souls community.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
I'm a bit late on this, but people were discussing the Pontiff's wings earlier and how they looked like tree branches. This is just conjecture, but one of his item descriptions says that when he beheld the Profaned Flame as a young sorcerer, a burning ambition took root within him. Since the profaned flame is likely the one that the Witch of Izalith lit way back when, and is responsible for the Bed of Chaos and the Old Chaos beneath Eleum Loyce, the branchy nature of Sulyvahn's wings might be a reference to the power or inspiration he took from it. I don't think he's related to the Pilgrim Butterflies.

Also Maldron the Assassin and also the knight that hides as a barrel and waits for you to open a chest are both amazing. A + npc invasions.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dazzling Addar posted:

I'm a bit late on this, but people were discussing the Pontiff's wings earlier and how they looked like tree branches. This is just conjecture, but one of his item descriptions says that when he beheld the Profaned Flame as a young sorcerer, a burning ambition took root within him. Since the profaned flame is likely the one that the Witch of Izalith lit way back when, and is responsible for the Bed of Chaos and the Old Chaos beneath Eleum Loyce, the branchy nature of Sulyvahn's wings might be a reference to the power or inspiration he took from it. I don't think he's related to the Pilgrim Butterflies.

That's hot, I like it. A burning ambition.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've been using sorcery the whole game and basically the only 3 non-buff spells I ever cast are soul greatsword, great soul arrow, and heavy great soul arrow. Cause frankly everything else just isn't worth a drat and its rather sad.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just beat the princes. If I put the remains on the throne, does this instigate the final part of the game? Also, if I wound the side areas that lead to the Champion and Nameless King boss fights, have I found all the post-Dancer areas or is there another one somewhere?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Internet Kraken posted:

I've been using sorcery the whole game and basically the only 3 non-buff spells I ever cast are soul greatsword, great soul arrow, and heavy great soul arrow. Cause frankly everything else just isn't worth a drat and its rather sad.

Uh... Soul Stream?!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Tallgeese posted:

Uh... Soul Stream?!

You don't get Soul Stream (e: or CSS) till the last Lord.

In fact you don't even get Soul Spear or Homing Soul Mass until the Profaned Capital.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 29, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just beat the princes. If I put the remains on the throne, does this instigate the final part of the game? Also, if I wound the side areas that lead to the Champion and Nameless King boss fights, have I found all the post-Dancer areas or is there another one somewhere?

You're never locked into anything, so don't worry about that part. Even if you kill the final boss you'll still be able to go back to Firelink Shrine until you finally decide to go to NG+.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pyromancer is still a great start even if you never level int or faith. Upgrading your pyromancy hand and switching to bigger fireballs as you unlock them does a lot for you. It's basically a tradeoff with a bow in that you have much worse range but in exchange you do much much more damage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cicadas! posted:

Do not sorcery. Until you reach really high levels, you're going to be doing fuckall with fewer flasks to spare and less health than anybody else with nothing to show for it but ranged damage you could match with a bow.

RESPECCING into sorcery, however, is something I wish I'd thought of before getting all the way to Aldrich, who has completely stonewalled that particular character.

in short

Pyro kinda sucks intill you get fire orb then its plenty good intill your get chaos fireball and vestiges. I almost use more ashen estus because throwing fire is so good. I really need to start using magic because all the dragons have high fire resists.

Also the lowest soul arrow makes nameless king a joke.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Xenolalia posted:

gently caress off that's my outfit

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RentACop posted:

Well seig died like a drat chump. What a waste of time

I don't think you get anything different if he survives the Lord of Cinder fight.

Unless you mean he died against the demon, at which point I guess you haven't gitten gud. :colbert:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xenolalia posted:

the nice part about that overcoat is that it makes the silver knight chain mail look like a sweater

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

So when you do one of those quest fights where you help an NPC with a boss, if the NPC dies can you die and try the quest fight again?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Superstring posted:

So when you do one of those quest fights where you help an NPC with a boss, if the NPC dies can you die and try the quest fight again?

You can just use the summon sign again. I redid the anri boss fight and a bunch of the sirrius ones.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 29, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Superstring posted:

If you're in their world, yes. If they're in your world, no, cause they're dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
lol I started a new character because slashing and poking sucks.

I'm going with strong arm strike weapons like clubs and axes.

Did they patch out the tree ramp glitch at firelink? It's hella hard right now.