Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is she hanging out with/grabbing lunch with Josuke and Okuaysu sans Koichi during "Rohan Punches A 6 year old"? I could have sworn she was with them when everyone was giving Rohan poo poo for being such an rear end in a top hat to a kid and thinking "Hey, that's kind of cool that Josuke is kinda friendly with Yukako now that she and Koichi are dating."
Yeah:

She's hanging out with them and also ganging up with them to shame Rohan, and it doesn't look like she's just there to wait for Koichi. I like to imagine that at some point she decided "Huh, maybe I should chill out a little," but it's all speculation. I don't like that Araki has so many issues with writing women, but I also feel a bit weird expecting that much of shounen manga.

I threw up a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

please tell me this is real, so i can unironically have hope that we'll get some sort of universe reset and we can get jolyne back :smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 29, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Suaimhneas posted:

What's this stuff about Yukako "maybe" being crazy?

She's completely unhinged, and I hate the Cinderella bit because it tries to portray her and Koichi getting together as a good thing when really he should be getting a restraining order or something

Why can't he be spending time with any of his other friends, none of them have ever tried to hurt him

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah:

She's hanging out with them and also ganging up with them to shame Rohan, and it doesn't look like she's just there to wait for Koichi. I like to imagine that at some point she decided "Huh, maybe I should chill out a little," but it's all speculation. I don't like that Araki has so many issues with writing women, but I also feel a bit weird expecting that much of shounen manga.

Ganging up on Rohan to make fun of him; the Morioh Tradition.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah:

I don't know, given how Josuke talks about her before Koichi's confessions this little lunch date with the three of them is kind of a big deal for them as acquaintances/friends and it's a very cute little moment for Josuke to see him come around and at least try and be nice towards her.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's a double standard with people thinking Yukako isn't a Jo bro, so what if she was creepy? Rohan ate cockroaches off the floor just to know what they taste like. First impressions don't matter in this series.

Except Speedwagon

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Why can't he be spending time with any of his other friends, none of them have ever tried to hurt him

Your namesake nearly beheaded him with a gate.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's a double standard with people thinking Yukako isn't a Jo bro, so what if she was creepy? Rohan ate cockroaches off the floor just to know what they taste like. First impressions don't matter in this series.

Except Speedwagon

Rohan is hilarious tho so it's different

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't wait until we get to rohan in the anime.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Cabinet posted:

Your namesake nearly beheaded him with a gate.

also Surface's user almost had Josuke punch Koichi to death, The Lock almost got him kicked out of his house and made his mother and sister commit suicide...

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

That's The Joke

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tamamo and Hazamada don't get extra storylines

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Race Realists posted:

please tell me this is real, so i can ironically have hope that we'll get some sort of universe reset and we can get jolyne back :smith:

Yes, Jolyne and some pond plankton from a marsh in Florida were revived as illustrations in a smutty library book

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Which is a loving crime because they are infinitely funnier than Yukako

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Trying to kill Koichi: the other Morioh Tradition.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

That's The Joke

okay my bad. I figured that was the joke because you usually post good JoJopinions but I wasn't sure.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Also everyone in Part 4 is obsessed with/infatuated by Koichi. Keicho calls him his pumpkin, Jotaro says meeting Koichi made the whole trip worth it alone, Rohan's also crazy and obsessed with him.

Actually, I'm surprised we never got a Yukako and Rohan fight over Koichi. Rohan's the kind of rude boy that would interrupt a date.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Yes, Jolyne and some pond plankton from a marsh in Florida were revived as illustrations in a smutty library book

more that i think about it, why not do a universe reset upon part 9 (i wonder when thats coming)? have an older jolyne and a 50-60 something jotaro?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Race Realists posted:

more that i think about it, why not do a universe reset upon part 9 (i wonder when thats coming)? have an older jolyne and a 50-60 something jotaro?

Because they're dead.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also everyone in Part 4 is obsessed with/infatuated by Koichi. Keicho calls him his pumpkin, Jotaro says meeting Koichi made the whole trip worth it alone, Rohan's also crazy and obsessed with him.

It's the pose.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I didn't get the Koichi thing myself when reading it but actually seeing him made all the difference; he's a cool dude.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The only person in Morioh who hasn't tried to kill Koichi is the perfect soul Tony.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Tonio is a neat freak and koichi's room is a god drat mess. That kid's got a big storm coming!!!!

E: I want to read poaching reef again now

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Everybody loves Koichi

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Please don't leak my Tonio/Koichi fic i'm working on tia

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Race Realists posted:

please tell me this is real, so i can unironically have hope that we'll get some sort of universe reset and we can get jolyne back :smith:
unfortunately not. Here's the real version.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Mikitaka, who is also a perfect soul who would never harm anyone, is the only person truly worthy of being Koichi's friend. Tonio can be his dad.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

unfortunately not. Here's the real version.

if it was really Stone Ocean, it'd have been a snail and a piece of plankton

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Dumbass: Duhhh stone ocean is meaningless because jolyne died and got replaced with irene
Me (Wisely):

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SBR Deleted Scene: Valentine offering the viewers to bring in an alternate Jolyne if they give him Jesus.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I brought a Hot Pants from another dimension and it turned out to be Jolyne..Hun

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

no they will not posted:

Dumbass: Duhhh stone ocean is meaningless because jolyne died and got replaced with irene

theyre literally the same person except one didn't get pulled over for dui and has a different name tho

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Irene is probably a great mom for Emporio.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

theyre literally the same person except one didn't get pulled over for dui and has a different name tho

irene isn't jolyne!!!!!!!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah, irene is a better driver

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
She's closer to Jolyne than Johnny is to Jonathan, but her life was still completely different. It's more like what Jolyne would have turned out to be if Jotaro wasn't a bad dad.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lisa Lisa!?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Completely different people

I don't like when people act like they're the same when they aren't!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
irene, and her dad, itaro