Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

beedeebee posted:

Something else I was wondering. If you build a new deck, does it automatically show all the cards you own in the deckbuilder? Or do the cards that are in other decks you created not show up anymore? Since everything is online and you can't play two decks at once, it could be the first option right?

The first one. That's the beauty of a digital game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

God of Evil Cows posted:

Ever since those crazy spider commons started getting spoiled I really feared this would happen. I'm probably going to hate 4-4-3 drafting.
I think it's going to be humans in 2-2-1 all over again, theoretically the best deck but a lot of players will fight for it. The DS champ is great versus spiders and the flight deck in general seems like it's going to be a smart choice in the early days of the set, just fly over their spider nonsense and lock down their spiders for a turn when they hit critical mass.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Set 4 release will be happening after midnight in my timezone so I look forward to hearing you guys talk about all the shiny new cards while I'm stuck at work all day - interested to see how well 5-shard Necrotic end up being in draft

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Servers are going down right now to prep for set4 release.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/49161-patch-notes-1-0-1-018-primal-dawn-launch/

Patch notes.

Notable new game mode: Evolving Gauntlet

entry fee: 2 boosters 100 plat
open 2 boosters + get a selection of common/uncommons (not sure on this, I assume you get these to help fill out the deck), build deck
if you win, you get a new booster, modify
if you win 3 matches, you get another, modify
if you win 5, you get a booster as a prize
3 booster packs you could win

Looks like budget sealed :)

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
More new player advice:

Use snipping tools to screenshot your gauntlet/draft/sealed making GBS threads itself and screwing you out of cards and prizes. Then mail it to hex support for tickets.

Remember to capture the tournament number. That is how they verify you were actually playing when you said you were.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I just won a game by milling my opponent out by casting a Chronic Madness I got from Prestidigitator a second time on the turn before they would have killed me after getting 15 phantoms off of Danse Macabre. Primal Dawn confirmed amazing.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 26, 2016

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
So far I'm inclined to be a fan of Prestidigitator as well. The first time I played it, it gave me a Psionic Flame.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Eager to get off work and go try a Srimxl Dawn draft myself

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Everyone who logged in in the last 30 days got a ticket for a free Evolving Gauntlet

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
Anybody else running into ungodly amounts of spiders in gauntlet? More than 80% of my opponents have been Zorzym.

I hate set 4 already.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I haven't run into many spiders players but set 4 limited feels super grindy without them. With Pale Harvester and Quell and so many high toughness creatures most of my games have devolved into both of us sitting there unable to do anything. At least spiders don't make every match go to time. :v:

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

God of Evil Cows posted:

Anybody else running into ungodly amounts of spiders in gauntlet? More than 80% of my opponents have been Zorzym.

I hate set 4 already.
I've won two drafts with R/S and just taking evasive stuff and just dicking all over spider decks.

Cleave, staggering blast, and stuff they can't block just messes them up real bad, especially when in general the relevant vennen in draft aren't nearly as high defense (compared to their set 3 brethren).

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
When I see Eggblight Stalker and Skitters I can't help myself, I'm a self hating spider player :negative:.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
We give HexEnt a lot of guff in here but I really have to say, this is the smoothest launch I have ever seen.

Servers are good, card bugs are not crippling, loading times are OK.

I'm very impressed.

Edit: No sooner did I type this then I see they failed to fix the priority bug where my timer runs down while their arcane focus sits on the queue. Sigh. edit2: I won though? Whatever.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 27, 2016

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

So set 4 sealed might be a spider infested shithole, but I'm really liking 4-4-3 drafts. Every single color combination seems to be viable and I'm running in to way more variety in terms of opponents.

My favorite archetype so far is D/S Ovo fliers. Grab all the cloudspeakers and troops with flight that you can, specifically prioritizing 3 drop fliers. A standard opening is cloudspeaker on turn 2, 2/2 flier on turn 3, then on turn 4 buff the flier to 4/3 using cloudspeaker, revert the cloudspeaker using Ovo, and buff the flier to 6/4 with the cloudspeaker again. If they don't have reversion/removal for that flier, the game ends very quickly.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

God of Evil Cows posted:

So set 4 sealed might be a spider infested shithole, but I'm really liking 4-4-3 drafts. Every single color combination seems to be viable and I'm running in to way more variety in terms of opponents.

My favorite archetype so far is D/S Ovo fliers. Grab all the cloudspeakers and troops with flight that you can, specifically prioritizing 3 drop fliers. A standard opening is cloudspeaker on turn 2, 2/2 flier on turn 3, then on turn 4 buff the flier to 4/3 using cloudspeaker, revert the cloudspeaker using Ovo, and buff the flier to 6/4 with the cloudspeaker again. If they don't have reversion/removal for that flier, the game ends very quickly.
I'm greatly enjoying Ruby in the draft format, as they have such a great suite of removal and Hired Horn Hunter is fantastic. Right there with you when it comes to diversity, feels like you could go in any direction in a draft and end up supported - I've noticed there's quite a few commons that have overlap between a bunch of archetypes, as well as decent fixing to accommodate a third shard.

Cards that have impressed me so far that aren't just obviously great:

Skarnbreath - Scalable removal is fantastic, and the R/S deck loves to cast multiple spells a turn so this is easily first pickable. Double ruby hurts but Uzzu remains a really solid choice (I would argue better than McManus depending on your deck).
Shield Bash - Really efficient combat trick that matches up really well against most combat phase interaction, unassuming but with cards like totem trap, flourishing growth and blade flourish in the format this can prevent things from going horribly wrong for a decent price.
Seeing Red - This card is sooooo good, pairs well with evasive troops and in a pinch you can use it to take care of a blocker (providing you're winning the damage race, you are winning the damage race aren't you?), cheap and efficient which is exactly what R/S wants.
Priest of the Sacred Web - This card is disgusting! A 1/3 for 2 is fine anyway, and recycling all your chump blockers and irrelevant creatures in response to removal/combat stuff happening is merely step 1. Step 2 is sacrificing the spiders you spawn to make more spiders, one game I got my opponent's deck to over 100 cards at one point with infinite chump blockers from using this card alone.
Cloudwalk - Board states get clogged up a lot in this draft format, and cloudwalk helps the R/S tempo deck getting in for damage during the midgame. I will always run 1 and have had success running 2.
Hatchery Malvoker - Put aside that it's a vennen, this card is put to way better use in R/S than it is in B/S and I've used Uzzu just to enable 2 of these bad boys. Helps the R/S deck scale to late game.
Lyrical Chanter - Ignore the text on the card and focus on the stats, a 2/1 for 2 is fine and the fact it scales to a 4 cost 4/2 is really nice. This format seems faster to me on average, and empower cards are great to have because of their ability to interact early and late decently.
Recoiler - There are so many good enters play effects that I feel pretty good about playing this card in most decks, reminds me a lot of devoted emissary but the discount in cost really makes a difference. Casting an empower card for it's base cost and then later in the game for it's empowered version is really satisfying.
Stern Infinitor - It's a windbourne disciple and a deadeye slicer all in one, great stuff.
Cleave - This card fucks up spiders so bad that it's worth taking to have in your reserves, and if you're in R/B then the champ power makes this great.
Ashwood Apprentice - Empower, efficient body, great enters play effect.
Pyretic Performer - Empower, semi-efficient body, enables your Malvokers, Skarns & Hired Horn Hunters. Probably my favorite uncommon in the set so far.
Lanupaw's Sight - It's basically a draw 3 in limited, and the fact you don't get all the cards right away isn't that bad when you consider that often you wouldn't have the resources to take advantage that turn anyway.
Mackerel Mitts - Another "gently caress your spiders" card that is fantastic against a range of decks because the attack debuff is *permanent*. I've been blown out twice by this card and I think it's better than a lot of people are giving it credit for.
Blightvines - The B/W deck is really slow and you want cards like this to ensure that you don't fall too far behind on the board before you can get setup. As a troop it's fine and discarding it helps you fuel your Crypt interaction cards so don't sleep on this card. Way better than Taint.
Hired Horn Hunter - I can't believe they printed this at Common. Slap the Not-Quite-Unblockable gem in there and be happy with your infiltrator bot that will occasionally get absolutely huge. Love love love love love this card.
Sepulchra Fleshreaver - Another really strong uncommon that you'll be happy to play in a 2 shard deck and only gets better from there if you're splashing a third or fourth shard with Uzzu. Rage 2 and flight are the two best keywords to hit, obviously.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lone Goat posted:

It's either fixed, or it's only broken if you use the |All modifier.

I've been using |SaveDeck|Collection|DraftPack|DraftCardPicked|Login and it's been fine.

Here's the link: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

Does this work with the Steam client too?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

beedeebee posted:

Does this work with the Steam client too?

Yeah, it just took me a few restarts of the client and reloads of the hex.tcgbrowser site before my collection would load

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So the release weekend announcement says you can get AA's from evo gauntlet. In the past were you able to sit on a sealed gauntlet at 4 wins and try for the fifth win when the event starts to get an AA?

I've already wasted like 4 packs trying so I probably won't try again, but curious to know if that worked in the past. Evo gauntlet is an interesting concept, I might actually be interested in playing it every once in a while except two out of three times I've basically had an unplayable deck and no amount of packs would help.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Thoom posted:

The first one. That's the beauty of a digital game.

Going back to this. There's no reason to own more than 4 copies of a single card right? Since that's the max amount you can put in your decks.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

beedeebee posted:

Going back to this. There's no reason to own more than 4 copies of a single card right? Since that's the max amount you can put in your decks.
Correct, if you kept more than 4 it would be for like, playing the market reasons.

Buy cheap, sell later sort of thing.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

beedeebee posted:

Correct. Thats why lots of people will give commons and uncommons away for free.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ok cool, thanks for the answers. I was looking through my cards and I have like 16 copies of some. So I'll guess I should check out the auction house :v:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Speaking of I really wish hex tcg browser let me filter to only cards I have five or more copies of

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Speaking of I really wish hex tcg browser let me filter to only cards I have five or more copies of
sort by quantity owned?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I just wish there were a more efficient way to list poo poo in the AH. :effort: alone keeps me from trading much in this game.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Use the trade list?

I think the default setting is just to create a list of all cards you have more than you need and the need amount is defaulted to 4.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've only had time for a few drafts so far, really liking the new set not just because shiny new cards but there seems to be a lot of variety in what I can pull off - my only complaint so far is my opponents playing soooo slooooowly but I'm sure that'll improve with time

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Got my first comp draft win on the back of the new B/R champ+Whirling Brutalizer+Stag Blast... Pretty much a board wipe unless you are against fliers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was able to make a 5 shard deck while rare drafting and still almost win a game. That makes me super happy with the new set so far.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Put together the mono-blood Coffin Control deck I was thinking about : http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=67694

Not sure about Tezozo, might be better to replace it with Rise Again or Grave Offering due to the lack of troops and being able to fetch my Phenteo/Killipede from my grave. Although, having a troop that re-enters the deck when it dies might help with the potential issue of the game going so long someone decks out. Maybe Coffin's effect would be good enough that you keep deck size advantage. Obviously weak to chant decks, would probably need Withering Touch and Arachnophobia in sideboard. If this deck is viable it will probably be miserable to play.

It's possible I should maybe replace Life Siphon with Terrible Transfer, but that removes a possible wincon. Also thought heavily about Relentless Corruption but just no room.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 28, 2016

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Anyone else sad about the prices of set 4? When set 3 launched every card had a ridiculous price tag and you could make bank selling all your cards. This time around, whenever I check the price of a rare or legendary I picked up, it's close to the price floor and not even worth bothering to list.

I think the steam launch has brought in a ton of new players, the vast majority of whom are limited and don't bother with constructed. My guess is that this is leading to far, far more people wanting to sell cards than there are people willing to buy them.

4-4-3 seems like it's going to be even more difficult to go infinite in than 3-3-3. At least it means constructed players will be able to pick up cards for the cheap, maybe encouraging more people to play constructed.

Edit: even set 3 prices are going down. Sell your extras while you can!

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes
This should be interesting - http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/49292-fury-chant/

TLDR; Hex is going to be changing a released PVP card (Fury Chant) because they say it's a bug that it only costs 1 even though it was revealed at 1 and was even playable at 1 cost at the IQ.  They are defending it by saying it was listed as a bug in a forum post that hardly any players will see.

*edit* - From the looks of another post you might even be able to submit a reimbursement ticket for any game you lose to Fury Chant since it's technically a bugged card.

http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/49283-losing-to-fury-chant-comp/

Thrawn200 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 29, 2016

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

After a few drafts with the new set, I like set 4 a lot more than set 3. Sadly, there's still a pack of set 3 in the draft. I think triple set 4 would be a lot better.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Nion posted:

After a few drafts with the new set, I like set 4 a lot more than set 3. Sadly, there's still a pack of set 3 in the draft. I think triple set 4 would be a lot better.

You're in luck, 4-4-4 is this weekend!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Turn 3 spiders... no big deal :smug:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

God of Evil Cows posted:

Anyone else sad about the prices of set 4? When set 3 launched every card had a ridiculous price tag and you could make bank selling all your cards. This time around, whenever I check the price of a rare or legendary I picked up, it's close to the price floor and not even worth bothering to list.

I think the steam launch has brought in a ton of new players, the vast majority of whom are limited and don't bother with constructed. My guess is that this is leading to far, far more people wanting to sell cards than there are people willing to buy them.

4-4-3 seems like it's going to be even more difficult to go infinite in than 3-3-3. At least it means constructed players will be able to pick up cards for the cheap, maybe encouraging more people to play constructed.

Edit: even set 3 prices are going down. Sell your extras while you can!

I think in the long term prices will go up as new players learn the game and migrate to constructed.

That said, what deck archetypes are working for people with the new set? I haven't had a chance to play much yet.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

That said, what deck archetypes are working for people with the new set? I haven't had a chance to play much yet.

Maybe it's still early to tell, but it kind of feels like there are more archetypes to chose from now than ever. B/R non-combat damage can be insane, scumfucking bag unfun chant decks can be dumb and unfun to play against, I would argue spiders are as strong as ever, with a few key cards in wild you can make crazy lifegain decks with the new D/W champ, D/S and D/W fliers can definitely be a thing... just to name a few and I feel like I'm forgetting some.

Seriously though, the chant decks I've played against in limited are more unfun than spiders has ever felt to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Thrawn200 posted:

This should be interesting - http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/49292-fury-chant/

TLDR; Hex is going to be changing a released PVP card (Fury Chant) because they say it's a bug that it only costs 1 even though it was revealed at 1 and was even playable at 1 cost at the IQ.  They are defending it by saying it was listed as a bug in a forum post that hardly any players will see.

*edit* - From the looks of another post you might even be able to submit a reimbursement ticket for any game you lose to Fury Chant since it's technically a bugged card.

http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/49283-losing-to-fury-chant-comp/

Wow, those people sure are mad about that card changing.

• Locked thread