Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

I used to joke about buying a house with all of my thunder spirits I bought, and now the card is $40 tcg player low lmao.

At least with your calciform pools spec you can consider making a living out of handling real calciform pools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

That's what I initially thought looking at the deck on paper with the 4x Kozilek's Return in the main but then Hall of Famer Frank Karsten wrote this about the deck:

I haven't found that to be true.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Savage.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

mcmagic posted:

I haven't found that to be true.

What are the tough matchups in your experience?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

What are the tough matchups in your experience?

Seasons Past is really rough. GB Aristocrats is around 40/60.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zoness posted:

At least with your calciform pools spec you can consider making a living out of handling real calciform pools.

I actually only own a play set of calciform pools, versus the 25ish thunder spirits I have traded for over the years.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

rabidsquid posted:

I actually only own a play set of calciform pools, versus the 25ish thunder spirits I have traded for over the years.

I bought a bunch of null rods for $5-7 a pop over the last year :smuggo:

I just really like the card, I'm not psychic or anything.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Goddamn.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PleasantDirge posted:

I bought a bunch of null rods for $5-7 a pop over the last year :smuggo:

I just really like the card, I'm not psychic or anything.

I am not psychic either, I was doing it to be a stupid dick about how Thunder Spirit was so powerful it couldn't be reprinted.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

ShadeofBlue posted:

Isn't Painful Truths better than Read the Bones?

I don't know about his case, but you can't really Goblin Dank Memes the Painful Truths.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Thisuck posted:

I don't know about his case, but you can't really Goblin Dank Memes the Painful Truths.

why has this name caught on

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Rinkles posted:

why has this name caught on

Well you see there is a word that starts with D and ends in K, and magic players are idiots, so...

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Cactrot posted:

magic players are idiots

The answer to so many questions. Some even not related to magic.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I mean if you're going to do the joke, "Goblin Dank-Memers" is a much better version anyway.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Cactrot posted:

Well you see there is a word that starts with D and ends in K, and magic players are idiots, so...

Let's just be glad there aren't any Goblin Conkers yet.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

sarmhan posted:

I mean if you're going to do the joke, "Goblin Dank-Memers" is a much better version anyway.

Please explain the "joke", don't worry about making it unfunny by explanation, that already happened.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Cactrot posted:

Please explain the "joke", don't worry about making it unfunny by explanation, that already happened.

Dark sounds a little kinda like dank, and dank memes are the hot new thing.

Also Goblin Dank-Memers is hilarious. :colbert:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Actually, "Goblin Dank-Memers" is really dumb and the best way to refer to the card is to energetically pronounce "Gooblins!" each time you cast it

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

stinkles1112 posted:

Actually, "Goblin Dank-Memers" is really dumb and the best way to refer to the card is to energetically pronounce "Gooblins!" each time you cast it

"I Gooblins! my Ancestral Visions"

suicidesteve posted:

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

When I cast the card I like to say "I summon the Goblin Dark Dwellers and target Pulse of Murasa." Opponents reactions are hilarious!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Skyl3lazer posted:

As it is we're just getting the Jacetice League Home Plane Sets for 3 in a row, at least.

Hate to break it to you but Planeswalkers are the face of the Brand™ now.

Was there a story driving Coldsnap? Or was the story "Once upon a time it got really cold brrr-rrr-rrr"?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's also the "4chan/reddit users live in basements" angle.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Mr. Jive posted:

Hate to break it to you but Planeswalkers are the face of the Brand™ now.

Was there a story driving Coldsnap? Or was the story "Once upon a time it got really cold brrr-rrr-rrr"?

The Ice Age is ending due to Freyalise and the World Spell (from events in Alliances). Heidar brings back the Ice Age, I forget why, and gets beaten, I forget by who

something like that, anyway

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

suicidesteve posted:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Alright so I have 2 standard decks sitting here.

BG Sacrifice and BG Control

Which one do I play, they are both so drat funny,

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Alright so I have 2 standard decks sitting here.

BG Sacrifice and BG Control

Which one do I play, they are both so drat funny,

B/G Control and just do the entire sideboard around aristocrats/bant/tokens hate.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

The Ice Age is ending due to Freyalise and the World Spell (from events in Alliances). Heidar brings back the Ice Age, I forget why, and gets beaten, I forget by who

something like that, anyway

I can't bother to look it up, but I thought Coldsnap was some kind of alternate reality thing. I think I remember reading something about the Phyrexians being base blue instead of base black in that reality.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

B/G Control and just do the entire sideboard around aristocrats/bant/tokens hate.

That's what m leaning towards.

Any SB or MB ideas to stop bant company?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't bother to look it up, but I thought Coldsnap was some kind of alternate reality thing. I think I remember reading something about the Phyrexians being base blue instead of base black in that reality.

the only thing i remembered being phyrexian was base-snow

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

It wouldn't be MODO if new cards didn't break it: if players draw a game due to Triskaidekaphobia, while in an event. regardless of the final outcome of their match the game won't really end and it causes the event to stall out and get cancelled.

Truly the pinnacle of technological achievement.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

That's what m leaning towards.

Any SB or MB ideas to stop bant company?

A copy of to the slaughter is only tech I use beyond the standard duress/removal package for the manlands. Duress needs to be up to 4x in the 75. Usually if you can bait negate and have them discarded you just win. I also keep in the 1x obliteration to address which creatures you want to grind out of the game when you have it under control. Mostly this is just advocate.

Again, whatever gets you opponent to not counter your seasons past.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

nah it's part of the main continuity, just nothing of long-term consequence happened. Here's the MTGS article on it

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Mikujin posted:

It wouldn't be MODO if new cards didn't break it: if players draw a game due to Triskaidekaphobia, while in an event. regardless of the final outcome of their match the game won't really end and it causes the event to stall out and get cancelled.

Truly the pinnacle of technological achievement.

Holy gently caress. Is this the first time a card interaction has made it possible to cancel a tournament? Usually it runs just the match.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Chamale posted:

Holy gently caress. Is this the first time a card interaction has made it possible to cancel a tournament? Usually it runs just the match.

I thought Skeletonize broke the tournament, but maybe it was just the game. I remember filing a lot of comp claims until they told me to knock it off.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

ShadeofBlue posted:

Isn't Painful Truths better than Read the Bones?

If you rebound painful truths with Narset you use zero colours of mana to cast it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DoctorOozy posted:

If you rebound painful truths with Narset you use zero colours of mana to cast it.

I mean that way I lose 0 life but if I read the bones I lose 2.

Value.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PV's team played around with Brain in a Jar decks for the PT

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/rejected-brews-from-ptsoi-testing-bw-jar-fog-and-seasons-past-jar/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So I managed to win enough at Pauper and drafting to buy into Legacy Miracles on MTGO. This deck is fantastic.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hellsau posted:

So I managed to win enough at Pauper and drafting to buy into Legacy Miracles on MTGO. This deck is fantastic.

Teach me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Chamale posted:

No idea but it's pretty funny.

• Locked thread