Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
oh, it's not Act IV.

quote:

Skyhenge Activation

When 10 billion eyes close hers will open

pretty clearly some cthulhu poo poo going on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well today's Poppy isn't foreboding and alarming at all!

Poppy's reaction to whatever's in the chair only makes things more confusing. She doesn't seem offended, as one would expect if the theories that were flying were true, it almost reads like a sort of sad resignation? Acceptance? I legitimately have no idea what's in there now.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Might still be an oppossum adult! I mean, if mistreatment of oppossums are the norm there, she wouldn't be offended, she'd just be like 'ah, this poo poo again', with a bonus dose of, 'oh, even my friend does it'

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Morbi answered a series of questions between last comic and today on his Tumblr basically saying "An oppossum's antimagic renders it unable to teleport or be teleported by any means", and Reynaud & Co (& Chair) poofed in to arrive, so the mystery thickens.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Archenteron posted:

Morbi answered a series of questions between last comic and today on his Tumblr basically saying "An oppossum's antimagic renders it unable to teleport or be teleported by any means", and Reynaud & Co (& Chair) poofed in to arrive, so the mystery thickens.
Can you teleport a dead opossum? Does having a stopped heart count? What if they normally stop its heart allowing it to be teleported and typically restart the heart post-teleport before Kit's dad goes nuts and this time the opossum's heart went out when they weren't expecting it :pseudo:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

An opossum's heartbeat is what creates the antimagic field.
Edit: Or maybe it's just the heart in the chair. You don't need the rest of the opossum after all.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 26, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Elysiume posted:

Can you teleport a dead opossum? Does having a stopped heart count? What if they normally stop its heart allowing it to be teleported and typically restart the heart post-teleport before Kit's dad goes nuts and this time the opossum's heart went out when they weren't expecting it :pseudo:

Now I'm wondering if we'll ever meet a Herbert West/Victor Frankenstein like character in the comic who'll ask such questions. Horrifying contraptions don't invent themselves after all.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well today's Poppy isn't foreboding and alarming at all!

Poppy's reaction to whatever's in the chair only makes things more confusing. She doesn't seem offended, as one would expect if the theories that were flying were true, it almost reads like a sort of sad resignation? Acceptance? I legitimately have no idea what's in there now.

I get the feeling that what she's seeing disappoints her more than anything, in a "I don't know why I expected any better" sense.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I kind of get the feeling Elysiume has the right idea. It's like a dead possum hooked up to some kind of magical pacemaker/stasis machine. That's why they've got the bubble and the glove box, they can't let bacteria get in there when the machine is running since the magic which keeps the body from decomposing won't work when the heart is beating.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reporting from the paranatural thread to announce the latest update is an 11/10

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

oh my goodness

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
is her dad...not wearing pants?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Just because your skin is light brown doesn't mean you don't buy light brown slacks from the dad supplies store.

Also even though she's not Hispanic I'm still picturing Mrs Zarei talking like Soos' mother from gravity falls.

Also also when I first scanned the text in the second panel, I thought she was saying "Mina, Mina, why are you such a dork?"

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 27, 2016

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tollymain posted:

reporting from the paranatural thread to announce the latest update is an 11/10

You know I'd almost forgotten that the good doctor works for an organization where suit/pajamas are required wear. Also it's an organization full of dorks.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Renaissance Robot posted:

Just because your skin is light brown doesn't mean you don't buy light brown slacks from the dad supplies store.

This may be right, but it's also incredibly dad to just walk around the house in tighty-whities all day long. Extra dad points if your children have friends over while you do so.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
He was making peanut butter sandwiches. What kind of barbarian does that while wearing pants?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

You know I'd almost forgotten that the good doctor works for an organization where suit/pajamas are required wear. Also it's an organization full of dorks.

I love Paranatural

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He wore, and soiled, an apron making peanut butter sandwiches.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

He wore, and soiled, an apron making peanut butter sandwiches.

How much of a twit do you need to be to get making peanut butter sandwiches wrong?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Close, it was actually two chapters before, and it was what tipped them off that Violet had brainwashed her own dad.

Quoting an old post, but Jesus Monster Pulse has been on fire lately. Magnolia's character work is so good it's actually made me feel awful for the comic's resident sociopath mad scientist because his sort-of girlfriend/research partner just suplexed him under the bus to save her own rear end... And the kids' too, but I'm sure they're an after thought.

I love Rjinder and Lulenski. They're so hosed up that they deserve each other but will probably end up killing each other if Rjinder doesn't mellow the gently caress out anytime soon.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
if you need something new to read and can look past the rough art, my comic just updated with the last page of a 4 chapter arc.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

nine-gear crow posted:

I love Rjinder and Lulenski. They're so hosed up that they deserve each other

Ehhhhhh. Lulenski is someone who panicked and made a really bad decision in a life-or-death situation, and now she's suffering from alcoholism, PTSD, and blackmail. Rjinder is an amoral mad scientist willing to endanger and torture children for his own curiosity, and on top of that, kind of a creep who couldn't help snooping on her texts. It's really not comparable.

Otherwise agreed though, and I can't wait to see where this is going.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

nine-gear crow posted:

his sort-of girlfriend/research partner just suplexed him under the bus to save her own rear end... And the kids' too, but I'm sure they're an after thought.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty confident that the woman tearing him a new one isn't Lulenski. I think it's an unrelated executive that's just drawn kind of similarly.

Edit: Herp derp I should read the comments, Magnolia posted that the woman isn't Lulenski, it's the executive seen in panel three of this page.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Wow, Poppy O'Possum is really loving good - just read through 'Year One'. Good recommendation, thread!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fun hater posted:

if you need something new to read and can look past the rough art, my comic just updated with the last page of a 4 chapter arc.

your comic is actually really good and can be sold as such without downplaying its quality imo

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

fun hater posted:

I enjoy your comic and would recommend it to others.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Last of the Nivose saga. It ends on a positive note, at least.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty confident that the woman tearing him a new one isn't Lulenski. I think it's an unrelated executive that's just drawn kind of similarly.

Edit: Herp derp I should read the comments, Magnolia posted that the woman isn't Lulenski, it's the executive seen in panel three of this page.

So it is. I thought it was another example of Magnolia radically altering a character's appearance between long absences ala Rafi. Well, that makes me happy that it's not Lulenski tossing Rjinder under the bus because that did seem wildly out of character for her. But I still think things are going to end horribly between the two of them this chapter.

I do have to wonder though, Magnolia has said repeatedly that MP is Digimon Tamers with body parts, so I've kind of been waiting for Rjinder to pull a Yamaki and finally get his head out of his rear end. Because there's a kernel of a decent person in there, but who knows it might be better if he actually go down in flames on the cusp of redemption,

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

regarding monster pulse, do the navigation buttons at the top of the comic not work for anyone else? It's kind of driving me crazy.

unrelated, looks like Ava's demon has actually, against all odds, updated multiple times since it was last posted in this thread: http://www.avasdemon.com/pages.php#1523

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Plethora posted:

Last of the Nivose saga. It ends on a positive note, at least.

That one's kind of lackluster on its own, but you did kind of need something more upbeat to round out nivose's loving awful life.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

FlyinPingu posted:

regarding monster pulse, do the navigation buttons at the top of the comic not work for anyone else? It's kind of driving me crazy.
yeah I keep meaning to mention it but I invariably forget about it

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

Same.

Also I find it amusing to pretend that Rjinder isn't going to something bugfuck crazy about Shell being wound up. Instead the whole problem fades away, with the teens having no idea why they're suddenly not being pursued any more, not knowing that bureaucracy and economics were their saviours.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

chiefnewo posted:

Same.

Also I find it amusing to pretend that Rjinder isn't going to something bugfuck crazy about Shell being wound up. Instead the whole problem fades away, with the teens having no idea why they're suddenly not being pursued any more, not knowing that bureaucracy and economics were their saviours.

Again, Magnolia said the comic was based off Digimon Tamers. At his lowest moment in Tamers, Yamaki, a grown rear end man, strangles a 12 year old when his master plan unravels in front of him. I can only wait with mounting horror to see what Rjinder, Yamaki's analog in the comic, does to one of more of the kids with his hosed up skin monster.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
For those people that put it off to the side during the break, Daughter of the Lilies is back. Just a chapter page today, but the update schedule is back in full swing now.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

RoboCicero posted:

i feel like i've complained about it before, but I think it's been like that since the redesign for hiveworks

e: i find it interesting that apparently they reported the heart monster as dead instead of admitting it escaped. i get the feeling there's a lot shell hasn't included in it's reports

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 29, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You guys do realize that Rjinder is not the hosed up one, right? His monster is the bad guy. He is an unwilling participant, because if he pisses his monster off it will crawl off of him leaving him without skin and dying.

Or at least that's what he believes. I think it would actually be pretty interesting for him to find out that despite the pain, he doesn't actually suffer any ill-effects of his monster leaving, the same way everyone else has no problems with their monsters being separate organisms. That could be his turning-point moment, when he stops being subservient to his villainous monster, and starts calling the shots and being a stand-up guy.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

AriadneThread posted:

e: i find it interesting that apparently they reported the heart monster as dead instead of admitting it escaped. i get the feeling there's a lot shell hasn't included in it's reports

Lewinski was blackmailed by the kids into saying that all of them and their monsters died

Shell didn't follow up on this for confirmation or try to locate the bodies because Shell is really very incompetent

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 29, 2016

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
s
h
i
t
t
y
w
e
b
c
o
m
i
c

let;s' get slut

most webcmocis are balls but they are the future of the medium. however is the medium rubbish? what is the purpose of illustration? is the novel supreme? or is the supreme form something we haven't even discovered yet? remember: the oldest form is verbal storytelling, something that barely exists anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Avshalom posted:

remember: the oldest form is verbal storytelling, something that barely exists anymore
Are you drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

A.o.D. posted:

Are you drunk?

It's avshalom. The more pressing question is when is he ever sober?

• Locked thread