Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I talked to Anri at the church bonfire bug the pilgrim isn't there. I think it's because I advanced too far. The wiki says the body will be outside darkmoon tomb instead but I can't find it. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I accidentally killed the Chameleon Pilgrim. Then I read that Yuria will leave, me, so I killed her too. Should I have done that, at that point?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm annoyed that you don't get Anri's sword if you do their quest the way Yuria wants.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

actionjackson posted:

I talked to Anri at the church bonfire bug the pilgrim isn't there. I think it's because I advanced too far. The wiki says the body will be outside darkmoon tomb instead but I can't find it. Help?

the pilgrim is hidden at the church bonfire. He's one of the statues in the corner by where you walked in. If you already checked there, I dunno homie

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkpR4pZhS84

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

:perfect:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

the pilgrim is hidden at the church bonfire. He's one of the statues in the corner by where you walked in. If you already checked there, I dunno homie

It's only there if you haven't killed Aldrich yet

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah sounds like you hosed up homie.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The music at 1:20 is hilarious.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

everything about the lothric knight rules

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah sounds like you hosed up homie.

I got it now. You have to talk to yuria do the wedding thing and then the pilgrim at the tomb entrance who gives you the sword of avowal will drop the spell

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh, I mistook you for the guy who said Yuria's dead lol

my reading comprehension is good

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I've been to Trenton and this is 100% true. Living in Newark or Jersey City and seeing NYC across the water is perfectly akin to looking up and seeing Anor Londo or Lothric.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

actionjackson posted:

I got it now. You have to talk to yuria do the wedding thing and then the pilgrim at the tomb entrance who gives you the sword of avowal will drop the spell

Considering the pilgrim in the tomb is the same one that does the kidnapping, that makes sense :v:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fextralife wiki and the official guide ironically are of the same quality level. Has the universe exploded yet

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Blacktoll posted:

I decided to make a faith build without really planning ahead. Any recommendations for weapons? I'm using a raw Astora sword for now but would prefer getting away from straight swords.

i used a claymore and it was good but you're really better off with a straight sword and not using faith until lategame

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Xenolalia posted:

Yeah I think it's a really cool character design, I was just wondering if he was referencing some historical or cultural archetype.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tale_of_Genji

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_of_the_Red_Chamber This is Chinese but had a big effect on Japanese media/culture

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm beginning to think I'm one of the people in the "never get autosummoned for anything" pile. I'm SL27, highest upgrade is 2 and sitting in Farron area has gotten me exactly 0 summons the entirety of this evening using both wolf and bluecop. I can get summoned via sign or invade no problem.

WTF, From? :mad:

if you're on pc try doing the re-evaluate integrity of game cache thing. or whatever its called. I did it and I got a lot more summons immediately in the swamp. I think my patch hadn't applied.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

tried doing the luck / bleed gimmick build and i just didn't like it at all. the biggest thing i did not like about pvp was that the recommended weapons (rear end and grave warden) don't have much inherent hit stun, so you can't trade hits and expect to keep the other person locked into your combo, so you have to do the poke and dodge method, which seems to defeat the whole point of bleed because you need successive quick hits to proc the effect. i had the best luck with the grave warden R1 > L2 > R2 because the R1 has hit confirm and then the L2 > R2 comes out real fast, but each of your attacks pushes the enemy away so if you don't start that combo up in their grill, you can actually push them away to safety before the whole combo is over; it was also a guaranteed bleed proc, but i could really only pull that combo maybe once or twice per pvp before the other person would get wise to the combo.

maybe my perspective is warped because my previous most favorite build has been strength / heavy weapons where your attacks will hyper armor / hit stun pretty much any other person in pvp, but it was really not fun having to juke back and forth to constantly try and get a quick poke in. i'd much rather just smash through someone else's incoming attack, eat their hit, but plow them over with a profaned sword or BKGA or whatever.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Ah thank you! This is super interesting, my knowledge of this era of writing is very limited.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Oh my goooooodddddddd

Second time dying to Dragonslayer Armor when he had BASICALLY no health left

Legit Adrenaline rush

please ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for dark souls

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

GulagDolls posted:

if you're on pc try doing the re-evaluate integrity of game cache thing. or whatever its called. I did it and I got a lot more summons immediately in the swamp. I think my patch hadn't applied.
Nope, PS4 :(

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5665947#5665947

Welp. Figures this would get out.

(He does this a lot and yes it is on purpose. Very annoying guy since DS2 who piggybacks on people who know what they're doing but can't keep their mouths shut.)

And this time there will be no Watchdog to block the fun stuff, so...

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 29, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The angriest I got at this game was when the Dragonslayer Armor used his long range attack to kill me as I backed away to heal, right before a phantom killed him, but not fast enough to count for the kill.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Okay the wiki says if you kill aldrich faithful as a darkmoon blade it counts for double rewards points but I just got invaded as a phantom and killed the faithful and got poo poo, and I was just alive and got invaded and won and got poo poo, so how the gently caress is this a double rewards? I'm not even getting single rewards?

You can get triple invaded in this area, you're literally not supposed to be here, that's the point of the pvp, am I supposed to get summoned naturally here? I've never been summoned naturally anywhere except once at low level and it didn't even connect. It had an error once I was there and booted me out. And while I grinded faithful i never once saw a bluecop show up so why is this a rumor?

How am I gonna get all these rings/miracles?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Krinkle posted:

Gotta get bluecop autosummoned or grind SIlver Knights. Have fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PvP

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Luceid posted:

i used a claymore and it was good but you're really better off with a straight sword and not using faith until lategame

I'm using the raw rear end sword. Vigor is 20 and so is endurance. I've gotten my faith up to twenty five so far.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is that guy about to praise the sun at the end?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Krinkle posted:

Okay the wiki says if you kill aldrich faithful as a darkmoon blade it counts for double rewards points but I just got invaded as a phantom and killed the faithful and got poo poo, and I was just alive and got invaded and won and got poo poo, so how the gently caress is this a double rewards? I'm not even getting single rewards?

You can get triple invaded in this area, you're literally not supposed to be here, that's the point of the pvp, am I supposed to get summoned naturally here? I've never been summoned naturally anywhere except once at low level and it didn't even connect. It had an error once I was there and booted me out. And while I grinded faithful i never once saw a bluecop show up so why is this a rumor?

it means you have to be a darkmoon blade, get summoned to someone else's world where there is also an aldrich present, kill the aldrich, and then the item you get will be a consumable you use that gives 2x ears. it doesn't mean you can just be in the darkmoon covenant yourself and sit in the aldrich area and try to farm aldrich guys. you specifically have to be getting summoned to get the bonus goodies.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
PvP in all these games is a miserable experience in general but I have no idea why you'd be dried fingering just so you can chuck poo poo while your phantom does all the work, then when that phantom dies flail around and disconnect (connection error) the instant you run out of vials and hp (sub 100). When you invade a guy with the name Artorias you kind of expect a little more than that right?

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Perfect Potato posted:

PvP in all these games is a miserable experience in general but I have no idea why you'd be dried fingering just so you can chuck poo poo while your phantom does all the work, then when that phantom dies flail around and disconnect (connection error) the instant you run out of vials and hp (sub 100). When you invade a guy with the name Artorias you kind of expect a little more than that right?

Game is full of players who don't want a fair fight and just frustrate their opponents.

:darksouls:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I did some dungeon invasions with my pyromancer. It's not too bad if they are on the upper levels, in the hallways where it's hard to escape fire attacks and they can get trapped in by enemies. Sometimes though I spawn in and literally cannot find the host anywhere.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
NK and Princes were both the most challenging bosses I've fought so far, and I really liked taking them both down solo. That's the sort of challenge I've been wanting, although Ludwig and Orphan were still way harder fights. Very rewarding though, to finally master the dodge timing and narrowly get victories on both.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cirofren posted:

Game is full of players who don't want a fair fight and just frustrate their opponents.

:darksouls:

Most players need phantoms to make any sort of progress in the game, and have no interest in losing a scarce resource that's their only real way to beat bosses (ember). They don't see invasions as fun, they see them as a roadblock to ever making progress. I don't like it either, but it's understandable given the nature of the game and the influx of new, unskilled players.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I find this game a little easier than bloodborne but it's so nice to be able to switch between a quality character, a pyro, a shield turtle, a wizard with a rapier, etc.

Bloodborne was tight as all get out but I don't want to play fast dodge melee guy 100% of the time.

The difference fighting some bosses with an without a shield alone makes for very different fights for me. I am champing at the bit to replay ds1, 2, and then again 3.

Bloodborne I've played twice and that's enough for it to be played out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

sector_corrector posted:

Most players need phantoms to make any sort of progress in the game, and have no interest in losing a scarce resource that's their only real way to beat bosses (ember). They don't see invasions as fun, they see them as a roadblock to ever making progress. I don't like it either, but it's understandable given the nature of the game and the influx of new, unskilled players.

Any kind of successful co-op play rewards you with an ember(it also embers you if you're not already) so they're not scarce at all.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Babe Magnet posted:

wu-tang shadowboxing

speaking of boxing, just punched Aldrich to death. Caestus run going nice.

What's your build? I was planning on doing a caestus run after I finish my first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

RatHat posted:

Any kind of successful co-op play rewards you with an ember(it also embers you if you're not already) so they're not scarce at all.

How many successful co-op attempts do you think a bad player is getting versus successes? Their scarcity is a function of your skill.