Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I prefer not to drink literal acid and have terrible acid reflux and destroy the lining of my esophagus

Just use regular ol' caffeine pills if I really need a kick

It's me I'm the edgy one

It's okay, most kids your age don't enjoy the taste of coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ded posted:

I always had to put milk in my coffee till I started roasting my own beans. Now instead of it tasting like rear end it tastes god drat amazing.

God drat amazing coffee in the morning is one of the god-given rights in the Constitution

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
$20 mr coffee from Big Lots and a bag of dunkin donuts original blend pre ground coffee.

i'm a simple hillbilly

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

ElMaligno posted:

Mocha pot coffee - Makes my favorite type of coffee, strong as gently caress. Needs proper type of coffee. I have been using french roasted coffee and it tastes like rear end if made via mocha pot.

Desire to know more intensifies

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Coffee is just muddy water to me and I wake up in the mornings without it so I see no value in it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

SumYungGui posted:

Coffee is just muddy water to me and I wake up in the mornings without it so I see no value in it.

its good for making poops

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
droppin' the cosby kids off at the pool iykwim

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

bombing the oval office

:nsa:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I prefer not to drink literal acid and have terrible acid reflux and destroy the lining of my esophagus

It's me I'm the edgy one

$25 for a french press. Add 10 scoops of coffee, 3 cups of water, stir, cover with ceran wrap at least overnight (I usually leave it for a day or longer if it's the weekend since I usually only drink it for work). Use the press, pour into something else and use it as a concentrate...I usually fill about half my mug with it, then top off with hot water from the kettle.

It's about 45 seconds of prep, once a week. No bitterness, and I haven't had stomach problems from coffee since I started doing this.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

droppin' the cosby kids off at the pool iykwim

takin the browns to the superbowl

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

Thats what I use. Get a Biatelli and make sure it's a 9 cup or more, as it's measured in italian espresso cups, not American coffee cups .

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Bial...etti+moka+9+cup

Amazing coffee, but make sure you're making either super dark coffee or straight up espresso. Normal arabica/columbian/french roast will taste like poo poo this way

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It's me I'm the edgy one

never met anyone who went 'boy i wish i'd monitored the ph level of my beverages more'. tooth decay is mostly just a thing for filthy people who don't brush, like meth addicts.

life is for living, man

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Mike-o posted:

Also get your passport or Washington enhanced driver license so you can hop the border and see Victoria and Vancouver B.C. The Gulf islands of Canada and the San Juans of Washington are also loving beautiful, try to get up there when you have some free time.

Already got a passport and definitely plan on doing a lot of travelling when I can. After exploring Lewis I went up to Seattle today and checked out Pikes Market which was pretty cool. Tacoma seemed nice too, makes Columbus look like loving Somalia.

I'm really digging all the huge evergreen trees everywhere. Can easily see myself coming back out west once I'm out of the Army.

The traffic sucks but wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

not caring here posted:

Here is how these fuckers work

1) Put some loving filtered water in the loving water rank. Make sure its not going into the filter basked because that means you have too much water you cum nugget.
2) Put the filter basket and pour your coffee grounds innit. Dont loving compress the grounds to poo poo like the used bloody tampon you are, level it out and scrape off the excess.
3) Yeah screw that upper chamber in tight you slut.
4) Put it in ya stove at medium heat that way the water will slowly percolate though the coffee and make it intense. Good things take time, unlike that time i banged ur mom. She calls me sonic now :( :( :(
5) Drink that poo poo however you like, i wont judge.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Booblord Zagats posted:

Thats what I use. Get a Biatelli and make sure it's a 9 cup or more, as it's measured in italian espresso cups, not American coffee cups .

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Bial...etti+moka+9+cup

Amazing coffee, but make sure you're making either super dark coffee or straight up espresso. Normal arabica/columbian/french roast will taste like poo poo this way

gently caress it, ordered. Should get here Saturday at which point I should be alternately crapping my pants and bouncing off the walls. Cheers.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

ElMaligno posted:

Here is how these fuckers work

1) Put some loving filtered water in the loving water rank. Make sure its not going into the filter basked because that means you have too much water you cum nugget.
2) Put the filter basket and pour your coffee grounds innit. Dont loving compress the grounds to poo poo like the used bloody tampon you are, level it out and scrape off the excess.
3) Yeah screw that upper chamber in tight you slut.
4) Put it in ya stove at medium heat that way the water will slowly percolate though the coffee and make it intense. Good things take time, unlike that time i banged ur mom. She calls me sonic now :( :( :(
5) Drink that poo poo however you like, i wont judge.

No mom no!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

gently caress it, ordered. Should get here Saturday at which point I should be alternately crapping my pants and bouncing off the walls. Cheers.

Your life just got so much better. Also, if you use milk or half and half, upgrade to heavy cream with this, otherwise it waters it down a lot

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mustang posted:

Already got a passport and definitely plan on doing a lot of travelling when I can. After exploring Lewis I went up to Seattle today and checked out Pikes Market which was pretty cool. Tacoma seemed nice too, makes Columbus look like loving Somalia.

I'm really digging all the huge evergreen trees everywhere. Can easily see myself coming back out west once I'm out of the Army.

The traffic sucks but wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Yeah the sound is wonderful. I can't wait to get my as up there and start fishing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah the sound is wonderful. I can't wait to get my as up there and start fishing.

My girlfriend and I have started doing a hike a week and it's fantastic. It's a great way for her to get to know the area since she isn't from around here and I haven't done a lot of these hikes in a super long time, if ever for some of them. I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago from the Oyster Dome on Blanchard Mountain

It's about a three or four hour hike all told, longer if you want to explore some of the surrounding trails. Plus it's on Chuckanut Drive which is a nice drive on a sunny day.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
if circumstances were different i would have settled in the bellingham area, seems really nice the few times i've been there. i can't complain about olympia too much though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ribs

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mike-o posted:

if circumstances were different i would have settled in the bellingham area, seems really nice the few times i've been there. i can't complain about olympia too much though.

It was hard to pick an area to settle down. Decided something centrally located to a few big hubs was still important. Still I cant even see my neighbors houses. You can pack a lot o trees on almost three acres.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's okay, most kids your age don't enjoy the taste of coffee.

I drink tea. It's bad enough that I have an electric kettle to heat water, multiple thermometers for tracking water temperature, and a timer next to my setup so I steep the tea for the correct amount of time. I also drink tea out of Japanese porcelain teapot and cups. My wife makes fun of me for being a big burly manly looking man who drinks tea out of a dainty porcelain cup.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I drink tea. It's bad enough that I have an electric kettle to heat water, multiple thermometers for tracking water temperature, and a timer next to my setup so I steep the tea for the correct amount of time. I also drink tea out of Japanese porcelain teapot and cups. My wife makes fun of me for being a big burly manly looking man who drinks tea out of a dainty porcelain cup.

Jesus, Gunny.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
holy poo poo, amazon is FedEx overnighting a 27lb box to me from TN to ID.

I know amazon gets a deal with them, but that would cost a normal person $200+ in shipping. I ordered it on Tuesday with Prime 2 day shipping. It's like they waited till the last minute because it was only marked as shipped 2 hours ago. Seems crazy to me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

please tell me you have a kimono on and you're sitting at your chabudai (excuse me i had to look that up so I didn't sound as racist by saying "short japanese table")

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

$20 mr coffee from Big Lots and a bag of dunkin donuts french vanilla blend pre ground coffee.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

please tell me you have a kimono on and you're sitting at your chabudai (excuse me i had to look that up so I didn't sound as racist by saying "short japanese table")

Lol no I actually prefer Chinese tea to Japanese but I do like porcelain teapots. Also much like folks are gay for coffee, I just like my tea to taste good so I make sure to brew a good cup.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Amazon shipping always amazes me. I feel bad ordering little odds and ends though and having the delivery dude run up to my place to deliver a $5 item in a stupid large package. I know it's his job but yeah I try to just make a list and order a bunch of stuff at once.

I remember they had the "group into as few shipments as possible" option before. I think they still do its just much less an available option

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Amazon shipping always amazes me. I feel bad ordering little odds and ends though and having the delivery dude run up to my place to deliver a $5 item in a stupid large package. I know it's his job but yeah I try to just make a list and order a bunch of stuff at once.

I remember they had the "group into as few shipments as possible" option before. I think they still do its just much less an available option

Yeah it blows my mind that it took less than 6 days for my 60 inch tv to make it around the world. I order almost everything from Amazon because they can have stuff make it from the US to my FPO box in Japan sometimes in 5 days but definitely always less than 10.

When I was here 10 years ago it took a month or more to get poo poo delivered. No one can match Amazons shipping. They must have some sort of deal to push their boxes through everywhere first or something.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Godholio posted:

$25 for a french press. Add 10 scoops of coffee, 3 cups of water, stir, cover with ceran wrap at least overnight (I usually leave it for a day or longer if it's the weekend since I usually only drink it for work). Use the press, pour into something else and use it as a concentrate...I usually fill about half my mug with it, then top off with hot water from the kettle.

It's about 45 seconds of prep, once a week. No bitterness, and I haven't had stomach problems from coffee since I started doing this.

Way the gently caress late but have you tried just brewing it, letting it cool off, and sticking it in the fridge to chill? I actually started to try the cold-brew method but ended up forgetting my Stanley on the counter and figured I'd just huck it in and see how it turned out cold.

PS: If any of you fucks aren't doing the pinch of salt with the grounds trick, shame on you. Enhances the flavor while eliminating any bitterness that's probably caused by using too-hot water, poo poo beans, and/or poo poo roasts.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Lol no I actually prefer Chinese tea to Japanese but I do like porcelain teapots. Also much like folks are gay for coffee, I just like my tea to taste good so I make sure to brew a good cup.

Only tea I'll actually keep around is lapsang souchong because it's an every once in a while nostalgia hit from going camping with my dad. I still remember wondering what the gently caress he was drinking that smelled like a campfire.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 29, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

coffee should be hot you goddamn sinner.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

You weren't kidding about being N4Is gunny human being

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah it blows my mind that it took less than 6 days for my 60 inch tv to make it around the world. I order almost everything from Amazon because they can have stuff make it from the US to my FPO box in Japan sometimes in 5 days but definitely always less than 10.

When I was here 10 years ago it took a month or more to get poo poo delivered. No one can match Amazons shipping. They must have some sort of deal to push their boxes through everywhere first or something.

http://www.alternet.org/labor/horrific-new-marriage-between-your-post-office-and-amazon-sunday

They actually do have a deal several deals with USPS to ship Amazon packages with a higher priority than Priority Mail, only thing faster than Amazon is EMS.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 29, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

realtalk they're putting a shitload of money into the us postal service (especially w/ sunday delivery during the holiday season) so it's actually pretty good for them

but yeah it's getting crazy here. the mall i grew up going to is about 40% closed stores and outlets for charging cell phones.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also post tea recommendations

i dont drink coffee either but i like green tea every now and again

maybe its time to buy a kettle

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I do feel like an evil capitalist pig buying poo poo from them and I do wish they treated their workers better but ces't la vie I guess

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I do feel like an evil capitalist pig buying poo poo from them and I do wish they treated their workers better but ces't la vie I guess

theres a ton of retirees that drive out west and build new-age mining towns with RVs to work the holiday shipping rush for a month

they get paid pretty good for it too i think

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also post tea recommendations

i dont drink coffee either but i like green tea every now and again

maybe its time to buy a kettle

Do you like Chinese or Japanese green tea?

Japanese tea is steamed while the leaves are green to stop the oxidation process. Their tea tastes grassier than Chinese tea and is a brighter green color. Sencha is probably as close to a national style of tea as Japan gets.

https://www.californiateahouse.com/organic-green-tea/organic-sencha#/tea_size-4

Chinese green tea is roasted over a wok to stop oxidation and the roasting gives the leaves a slightly toasted flavor and makes the tea a paler yellowish color. Dragon Well is a very common example of Chinese tea.

https://www.californiateahouse.com/organic-green-tea/organic-dragon-well#/tea_size-4

Both of these examples are inexpensive selections. 4 ozs of either tea will last you a month or more even if you make 4 cups a day or so like I do. You can re use the leaves at least twice with no loss in flavor too. So if you are a cheap skate you can easily double the amount of tea that these leaves will make. Some other types of tea (like oolong) actually taste better on their second infusion. I buy stuff from California Tea House because even though their website is poo poo, their tea is really high quality and I can get much better stuff for less money than say Adagio or Harney and Sons.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 29, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Making your own Thai tea is pretty dope

Shame about the diabetes tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yo n4a you can use this when you're out in the field

http://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-S...ea+kettle&psc=1

• Locked thread