Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dexo posted:

It's better than it's been for the past year, but still don't watch wrestling.

The New Day was pretty much the only good thing about it for the better part of an entire year. It's started to get a bit better after Wrestlemania. But yeah I can't in good conscious recommend you watch it.

Yeah I'm pretty resigned to not trying. The last time I watched wrestling the big thing going on was "can anyone lift and slam Yokozuna?" and I think like....Val Venis or someone ended up sideplexing him. I couldn't have been older than 12 at the time and I was like "that poo poo don't count".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And now to segue back onto topic because I have created a derail.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
All of these... bathroom cops. Man... they're gonna be out jobs. Has no one thought of the bathroom cops?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

So they can understand the difference between a high Intelligence and Wisdom?

Well I am referring to older versions but being good at magic doesn't make you a good fighter

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Well I am referring to older versions but being good at magic doesn't make you a good fighter

Technically wizards have always been the best fighters ever since stuff like "Tenser's Transformation" became a thing.
:goonsay:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

STAC Goat posted:

I can do you better. My entire family is convinced I'm a genius with computers and always tells me I need to get some job like yours. I don't know poo poo about computers. I'm typing on a Macbook. I just know how to use google and follow instructions so every time someone's computer starts acting up they call me and I manage to fix it. But for some reason that's never been something they could wrap their minds around. Young or old. They're not even stupid people or anything. They all just don't have the patience to look up this stuff and make sense of the fixes online when they use computer lingo they're unfamiliar with so they think my ability to do so is some kind of magic.

Don't give away the secret! :argh:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah I'm pretty resigned to not trying. The last time I watched wrestling the big thing going on was "can anyone lift and slam Yokozuna?" and I think like....Val Venis or someone ended up sideplexing him. I couldn't have been older than 12 at the time and I was like "that poo poo don't count".

Yeah just youtube stuff like New Day, Team Hell No, or Enzo and Cass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff8COQJE5VU

NXT is good, watch some of that.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I work tech support for a lot of small businesses in town and I always say if it wasn't for Google I wouldn't be able to fix 90% of this poo poo.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also it doesn't matter if you tell people the secret to their face or not they'll still ask you to do it for them anyway

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I have gone to google right in front of someone. Literally typed their exact question into google, clicked the first link followed the instructions and fixed their entire problem. All while they were literally there watching the screens behind me.

People have a fight or flight response to things they aren't used to thinking about. If a computer breaks or if a weird dialog box pops up they don't actually read it they just know it's different and they just freak out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dexo posted:

I have gone to google right in front of someone. Literally typed their exact question into google, clicked the first link followed the instructions and fixed their entire problem. All while they were literally there watching the screens behind me.

People have a fight or flight response to things they aren't used to thinking about. If a computer breaks or if a weird dialog box pops up they don't actually read it they just know it's different and they just freak out.

I did this back when I was a freshman and I'm not surprised. Our desktop had this weird virus that'd make it restart all the time in two minutes every time you turned it on so I printed out instructions on how to deal with it in school and took it home and fixed it. It didn't happen anymore afterwards but I can't say I felt confident about any of it while I was doing it.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

Technically wizards have always been the best fighters ever since stuff like "Tenser's Transformation" became a thing.
:goonsay:

Not low level.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Beck sure is a job creator

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/725771611270471681

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Imagine getting laid off by your boss who just completed his obsessive cosplay recreation of the oval office.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

And now to segue back onto topic because I have created a derail.

Reminder Rs like that went up all the way up into the nomination race.

Huckleberry really wants to uses his dipstick to fill HS students with his grits and gravy.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Dexo posted:

We should protest

We're not gonna protest.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

We should protest

Context?

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've been debating this in my head ever since I thought of how much damage Glenn Beck has done to the country.

As I mentioned earlier? I believe that O'Reilly and Limbaugh are worthy of being in the positions they're in. O'Reilly appears to at least allow people who are progressive on his program on a fairly regular basis (even being respectful to the likes of Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kucinich). Limbaugh is Limbaugh. A talented broadcaster that is the right wing version of Howard Stern.

I think those people having a voice and expressing their opinions are perfectly fine within a bubble. I don't really see those two figures as having destroyed the country in the manner that Beck has. If you were to remove him out of the equation in 08? Perhaps we'd have seen a repeat of how the right treated Clinton during his administration. I think the racism element would still exist, but I don't think it'd have been as nasty as it wound up being.

Am I incorrect on this? I think the right deserves to have a voice in the public arena, and I think the figures I mentioned above are worthy of it. I just don't feel the over saturation we see now is a good idea.

e: I can't even really blame O'Reilly for the lead up to the Iraq war because if the "liberal media" had actually done it's job? Then yeah...we wouldn't have gone maybe?

Just catching up on this thread so maybe this has already been addressed, but you do not want a repeat of how the right treated Clinton. No, they didn't demand to see his birth certificate, but they did go all in on harassing him with a parade of bullshit scandals before ultimately impeaching him over nothing crimes that they themselves were guilty of. El Rushbo was there in the thick of it, to the point where Republicans invited him to Congress to celebrate his role in giving them the House, then accused Clinton of murder Vince Foster. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the fever swamps of right wing radio, you had jackasses whipping up anti-government black helicopter panic that culminated in the Oklahoma City Bombing. Conservatives mocked Clinton for implying that talk radio had anything to do with militia terrorism, but when you had Watergate alumnus G Gordon Liddy warning his listeners that ATF agents were coming to disarm them, and that patriotic Americans needed to shoot them in the head, there's not as much distance between the two as conservatives would like to pretend. Hell, the only reason the right ran away from McVeigh en masse was because he had the bad sense to blow up a daycare as well as a bunch of government drones.

Though he later tried to dodge responsibility, O'Reilly ran 28 different segments on abortion doctor George Tiller, calling him "Tiller the Baby Killer," and describing him as "a savage on the loose, killing babies willy-nilly." Tiller had already dealt with some very real consequences of anti-abortion zealotry, having had his clinic firebombed once and survived one assassination attempt (in which he was shot five times) back in the 90s, before Scott Roeder walked into his church and shot him in the head. O'Reilly denied any part in encouraging the murder.

So no, for my part, I don't see these guys as any better than Beck. Do they belong in prison? Probably not. Do they deserve a voice in the public arena? Eh... The country's certainly not better off for having them there.

Edit:
That's the New Day. They oppose wrestlers savagely breaking innocent tables, and they support awareness of #Booty. (They're a wrestling comedy act, and they are amazing).

Blizz Pizz Love Us fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 28, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I've mentioned it before but the blaze has turned into an absolute dumpster fire, from a business perspective. It's the worst kind of amateur organization from top to bottom. It's hard to point to a non-bad decision they've made and Breitbart's ascendency has removed any chance at relevancy they had

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder Rs like that went up all the way up into the nomination race.

Huckleberry really wants to uses his dipstick to fill HS students with his grits and gravy.

That book still really sounds like he's got an incontinence problem.

* A pose got changed in Overwatch, it's a dumb nontroversy don't ask.

*Huge lies

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Phone posted:

The Blaze has a fuckin' hot take of a headline if I have ever seen one: "Judge dishes out equivalent of public flogging as he sentences Hastert to more than a year in prison".

God drat activist judges with sentencing people to more than a year in prison.

15 months in prison for an admitted child molester = too harsh.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Dad showed up and cranked Limbaugh all day today as per a request.

Jesus...It's just amazing how many times Limbaugh just blames everything on "Democrats", "Liberals" and "Progressives".

Every bad thing has to do with liberalism. I's not just Limbaugh that does it but he's the best at it. It's almost as if he draws his conclusion first and works backwards from there, but you're right, it really is amazing to listen to sometimes manner by which he connects the dots.

I've heard him blame wildfires on environmentalists for preserving too many trees.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Did Vince get hairplugs or something wtf

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Blizz Pizz Love Us posted:

Just catching up on this thread so maybe this has already been addressed, but you do not want a repeat of how the right treated Clinton. No, they didn't demand to see his birth certificate, but they did go all in on harassing him with a parade of bullshit scandals before ultimately impeaching him over nothing crimes that they themselves were guilty of. El Rushbo was there in the thick of it, to the point where

Republicans invited him to Congress to celebrate his role in giving them the House
, then accused Clinton of murder Vince Foster. Conservatives mocked Clinton for implying that talk radio had anything to do with militia terrorism, but when you had Watergate alumnus G Gordon Liddy warning his listeners that ATF agents were coming to disarm them, and that patriotic Americans needed to shoot them in the head, there's not as much distance between the two as conservatives would like to pretend. Hell, the only reason the right ran away from McVeigh en masse was because he had the bad sense to blow up a daycare as well as a bunch of government drones.

Speaking of this, I just read Bill Freeh's book My FBI and it covered a lot of these issues. What's Freeh's deal anyway? It was obvious from the tone of his book that he disliked Clinton an seemed to have a pretty strong measure of respect for Bush 1 and 2. I'd never heard much about him before.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaswepNoSRk&t=208s

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Did Vince get hairplugs or something wtf

That's Michael Cole

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

robotsinmyhead posted:

I had only seen them from the DBZ gifs when they came out. I know nothing about wrasslin these days. I will accept this ribbing.

I only know them from yospics and various threads, but it's fuckin' hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJF9R1PzFb0

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I watched wrestling in the Hulkamania days and before The Undertaker was new in the WWF, and that old-rear end proto-lich is still in it. If that doesn't date me, I don't know what will.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

FuzzySkinner posted:

Dad showed up and cranked Limbaugh all day today as per a request.

Jesus...It's just amazing how many times Limbaugh just blames everything on "Democrats", "Liberals" and "Progressives".

Seriously, Limbaugh has been screaming about "liberals" before I was even old enough to listen to my parents car radio and wonder "What the hell is a 'liberal' and why is this guy so obsessed with them?"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

I only know them from yospics and various threads, but it's fuckin' hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJF9R1PzFb0

New Day are the most obvious example of it but wrestling had almost entirely changed fan dynamics from rednecks to geeks in the last 20 years or so

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hermetic posted:

Wait wait wait wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Didn't Dennis Hastert gently caress little kids?

Are they actually mad that a loving CHILD MOLESTER got a sentence longer than a loving year??

Remember: We have to treat trans people like poo poo to avoid them touching our precious children in the bathroom...But if a congressman with an R next to his name actually touches our precious children, don't you DARE punish him for it!

Dennis Hastert was a pedophile, but he was our pedophile.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 29, 2016

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Star Man posted:

David Hastert was a pedophile, but he was our pedophile.

Or, the only moral pedophile is our pedophile.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mercury_Storm posted:

Seriously, Limbaugh has been screaming about "liberals" before I was even old enough to listen to my parents car radio and wonder "What the hell is a 'liberal' and why is this guy so obsessed with them?"

It's a group of people he wants to reduce to a population of 2, and put the last 2 liberals in a a zoo.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/alexisbloomertv

So this is a women that exists.

Some vapid plastic looking human that is trying to get in on that sweet fox news money by producing an Anti-Millenial rant. Fox News OF COURSE put this dumbass twat on the air.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a57605/alexis-bloomer-millennial-facebook-rant/

quote:

"I pretty much realized that we're just existing, we're not contributing anything to society," Bloomer begins. We don't address our elders with "no ma'am" and "yes ma'am," we listen to music that glorifies drugs and crime, we "use words like 'bae' to describe someone we love, and we idolize people like Kim Kardashian and we shame people like Tim Tebow," making us ungrateful as a whole. Millennials are lazy, entitled, and when they want to be activists, they "[go] on Facebook and [post their] opinion." The second half of Bloomer's caption on the video, by the way, is "#‎GenerationwhY‬ ‪#‎YouthToday‬ ‪#‎SorryElders ‬‪#‎MyOpinion‬.

No one likes Kim Kardashian. The media talks about her all the time, but I don't see young women that I know talk about her all the time. Unless you're some sort of vapid airhead, but I imagine this women probably fits in that category.

People actually liked Tim Tebow so much that he was the subject of hour long debates on ESPN, and his own meme when he was in the NFL. He won the heisman, and was talked about every week when he played college football.

But I imagine like most people that bring up his name, like this women probably doesn't know anything aside from some dumb rear end "LIEBERAL ATHEISTS HATE FOOTBALL MAN' meme FWD that gets forwarded by their racist uncle.

"We listen to music that glorifies drugs and crime"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ts4M3irWM

(Love. LOVE Johnny Cash btw)

I don't mean to get triggered, but I'm really sick of assholes like this women.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It's amazing how quickly people forget the phrase "sex, drugs and rock and roll" when they want to attack rap as inferior to rock.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Matt Walsh's "Beyonce is ruining your daughters" op-ed on the blaze came up in the wild on my Facebook feed today. I was actually shocked to see a friend of mine post it and say it mirrored his opinions of her music.

I just want to thank this thread for a collection of horrible tweets I got to post in the comments.

"I wish I had read more of this guy's writing before posting this" he said.

:unsmith:

BTW Walsh claims he self-identified as a black woman before he wrote the article, so he can't be called racist or sexist. :rolleyes:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

"We listen to music that glorifies drugs and crime"
They still use Frank Sinatra as an example of good old music, all the time. His entire gimmick was that he dressed and acted like someone in a criminal gang. "Today's music" is such a bullshit critique.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The more I think about that clip, the more I realize that the ideological conservative movement is going to be dead in the very near future. Ted Cruz is their last ditch effort at it.

While I can see that the Alt. Right (Donald Trump, Milo) and Libertarian (Gary Johnson, Ron Paul) movements in the US perhaps have some sort of a future within the coming decades. The evangelical pearl clutching brand of it? Yeah that's going to get killed off at the convention more than likely.

The above seem to at least have some sort of youth outreach to keep them relevant. The ideological conservatives? Just seem into insulting millennials, and scorching the earth in order to make themselves feel more noble. Occasionally you'll get a "ONE OF THE GOOD ONES" out of their mouths, but it rarely seems to attract people to them.

Perhaps pockets of it will still exist in the South for decades to come, but even that is slowly eroding away from the looks of it.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

They still use Frank Sinatra as an example of good old music, all the time. His entire gimmick was that he dressed and acted like someone in a criminal gang. "Today's music" is such a bullshit critique.

It mean's what it's always mean't.

"friend of the family music".

Elvis, The Beatles, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hip-Hop....you name it. There's always been this backlash from white southern evangelicals against popular music that has it's roots in African American culture.

I don't doubt that there were idiots back in the day pearl clutching about rag time, jazz and blues because it was made popular by African Americans. (then promptly co-opted by white performers)

e: I recall reading a theory that "LIBERAL HOLLYWDOD" has very little to do with hating "LIBERALS" at all. Rather it was grounded in hating Catholics, Jews and Italians for being involved in creating artistic works that didn't seem to correspond with traditional white puritan values back in the day.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 29, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

The more I think about that clip, the more I realize that the ideological conservative movement is going to be dead in the very near future. Ted Cruz is their last ditch effort at it.

While I can see that the Alt. Right (Donald Trump, Milo) and Libertarian (Gary Johnson, Ron Paul) movements in the US perhaps have some sort of a future within the coming decades. The evangelical pearl clutching brand of it? Yeah that's going to get killed off at the convention more than likely.

The above seem to at least have some sort of youth outreach to keep them relevant. The ideological conservatives? Just seem into insulting millennials, and scorching the earth in order to make themselves feel more noble. Occasionally you'll get a "ONE OF THE GOOD ONES" out of their mouths, but it rarely seems to attract people to them.

Perhaps pockets of it will still exist in the South for decades to come, but even that is slowly eroding away from the looks of it.

The Evangelical wing of the party died when Trump took South Carolina, and the savvier among them (Liberty Council) realize it and are loosing every fear mongering salvo they have left in a last ditch effort to not get told to pound sand.

If they can't deliver the GOPe's chosen guy deeply red state, then they're absolutely worthless considering the RWM machine is more than capable of secular fear mongering

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

FuzzySkinner posted:

Well that solves one problem only to create another. If ideological conservatives are out and the alt-right is in, then who is the alt-right?

I can only say I know them as a weird offshoot of video game subculture that is a delayed reaction to the "Comics Code"-esque suppression that video games got when they were growing up. It was still a cultural issue back then, but it couldn't complete because only the anti-gaming side had any clout and the pro-gaming side were still just children. That's been swept under the rug and it's now coming out as a Pavlovian conditioning reacting to strange, semi-connected things. (The constant railing against something so harmless as trigger warnings? Blame the ESRB for that.) Even based on this, the idea that it can somehow now be considered a political force doesn't make much sense. I must be missing something.

Edit: Or am I even looking at the proper alt-right? That's the problem of things being alternative to a mainstream, since there is only one mainstream and a whole lot of things beside it. Is it just authoritarianism then?

Morroque fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

a women this women this women.
Is this some dumb meme or something? What are you doing?

And please ease up on the twats and vapid airheads bro. It's not helping.