Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I keep seeing people who have those mech bays,and I think they're really cool but I literally can't find them online at all. What the heck man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I know you can buy 1/144 scale mech hangars on their own, and I think there was an MG Unicorn release that came with a 1/100 one?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You want Kotobukiya's Mechanical Chain Bases. All the ones you see in dioramas are assembled out of those.

Warning: They're really pricey for what you get.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

You want Kotobukiya's Mechanical Chain Bases. All the ones you see in dioramas are assembled out of those.

Warning: They're really pricey for what you get.

Wave's Hangar bases doesn't have the detail, but it's also pretty nice, especially if you get the arm sets.

Only like 20 bucks on HLJ, and one set is about enough for a whole hangar for a HGUC.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

chiasaur11 posted:

Wave's Hangar bases doesn't have the detail, but it's also pretty nice, especially if you get the arm sets.

Only like 20 bucks on HLJ, and one set is about enough for a whole hangar for a HGUC.

It looks like that one is discontinued on hlj.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The_Rob posted:

It looks like that one is discontinued on hlj.

There are a bunch of different ones: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=5213

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not sure who is making it, but looks like we're getting a third party MG Providence Gundam

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If I can display it without the big dumb backpack, I'll probably get it. I like the base suit design well enough.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The player spends a hit die and rolls. They subtract the number from their health and add it to their skill check. This is probably a terrible idea and diverges from the 5e tenant of using advantage instead of modifiers. :v:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kibner posted:

The player spends a hit die and rolls. They subtract the number from their health and add it to their skill check. This is probably a terrible idea and diverges from the 5e tenant to use advantage instead of modifiers. :v:

Yeah, probably

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Not sure who is making it, but looks like we're getting a third party MG Providence Gundam

Well that's pretty cool! :toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

The player spends a hit die and rolls. They subtract the number from their health and add it to their skill check. This is probably a terrible idea and diverges from the 5e tenant of using advantage instead of modifiers. :v:

Is this what 5e is all about?

I'm still stuck on 3.75e.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

The_Rob posted:

I keep seeing people who have those mech bays,and I think they're really cool but I literally can't find them online at all. What the heck man.

There's always this

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kibner posted:

so this is why solid weapons fall out of favor for space combat

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kibner posted:

:same:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Please don't talk about the especially garbage editions of the already bad game in the Gunpla chat, thanks in advance.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I would throw down for a Build Fighters tabletop game where you actually applied point values to your real various mobile suits/system parts/modifications you could make and duked it out on a big grid.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

I would throw down for a Build Fighters tabletop game where you actually applied point values to your real various mobile suits/system parts/modifications you could make and duked it out on a big grid.

I'm surprised they haven't made a Build Fighters arcade game where you can scan barcodes/whatever of your purchased models and use their parts in a personalized bot.

I know we got build-fighters-like games on the PS3 (they're great), but you'd think it would be a no-brainer for a franchise so represented in arcades.

Maybe the failure of the Advanced Grade kits' have spooked them away from that kind of connection?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Neurolimal posted:

I'm surprised they haven't made a Build Fighters arcade game where you can scan barcodes/whatever of your purchased models and use their parts in a personalized bot.

I know we got build-fighters-like games on the PS3 (they're great), but you'd think it would be a no-brainer for a franchise so represented in arcades.

Maybe the failure of the Advanced Grade kits' have spooked them away from that kind of connection?

They did, but it was based off of AGE.

GAGE-ing system I believe it was called.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Swagger Dagger posted:

Yeah, probably

I don't know how I posted that to the wrong thread. I'll blame phone posting.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Electric Lady posted:

I think someone made a Battletech game like that. It was rather complex and was usually a better idea to field small tanks and infantry instead of the mechs.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Kibner posted:

I think someone made a Battletech game like that. It was rather complex and was usually a better idea to field small tanks and infantry instead of the mechs.

That's even better! A Gunpla tabletop game where everyone is using grunt units? That's my dream :swoon:

e: Oh, I misread heavily. Well, still, fielding a squad of grunt units would still be very fun, I think.

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 27, 2016

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone's interested in the Zoid Death Stinger It's :siren: 35% :siren: off on HLJ today

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ignimbrite posted:

If anyone's interested in the Zoid Death Stinger It's :siren: 35% :siren: off on HLJ today

gently caress, I still have lots of work to do on my Gojulas and have two Gunpla MG's in the backlog. But I was going to buy this at some point anyway and now it is on sale...

Bought.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

It needs the base scale increased (since it's designed for lego robots), but you might want to check out Mobile Frame Zero

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I wonder if you could make a decent card game out of Gundam. Like you play as White Base or Zeon equivalent, launching Gundam and Zaku units and perform ship functions.......

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Yawgmoft posted:

I wonder if you could make a decent card game out of Gundam. Like you play as White Base or Zeon equivalent, launching Gundam and Zaku units and perform ship functions.......

You've activated the Zeon player's trap card: out of hamburgers!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The pictures of the RG 00Q needing a stand arm to hold up the GN Sword V's Buster Rifle mode made me think it wouldn't be capable of much with the Buster Sword, but the promo images say otherwise.

Neat.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

There are a number of base management games you could probably reskin fairly easily. Asteroid Zero Four, which is 42 years old, is one place to start. The old Galaxy Command game by Hoyle might be one to consider too. Milton Bradley's Broadsides and Boarding Parties maybe?

DigitalRaven posted:

It needs the base scale increased (since it's designed for lego robots), but you might want to check out Mobile Frame Zero

Thank you for this.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009

Yawgmoft posted:

There's something called Gundam Cross War.
It's, um, a thing I guess

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
I guess Gundam M.S.War is also a thing, if you're cool with a US-only, out-of-print card game that's primarily a Wing tie-in and has basically no compatibility whatsoever with Gundam War and its Japanborn ilk?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I caved and have added the MG Powered GM to my backlog. :negative:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Kitbash opinion seeking question!

What HG kits have upper torsos that have a feminine sort of curve or shape to them? No GN drives, por favor, I need something that can take a paint job that looks like either a tube top or a bolero jacket. No Nobells, the sailor collar doesn't fit what I'm looking for.

Thus far I'm leaning towards the Mega Shiki, G-Arcane, and GN-Archer. Open to suggestions otherwise - just so long as it's readily obtainable in HG form.

I plan to make Gunpla counterparts of Project Fairy from Idolm@ster. :japan:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Andy Waltfeld posted:

I guess Gundam M.S.War is also a thing, if you're cool with a US-only, out-of-print card game that's primarily a Wing tie-in and has basically no compatibility whatsoever with Gundam War and its Japanborn ilk?

I remember playing that in Elementary school and thinking that game was way too simple.

From what I understand, they purposely dumbed down the rules when bringing it over to the west. I'm not sure what the reasoning was, but I dropped it really quick because it wasn't fun. A year later I discovered MTG and that game made so much more sense to me. I wonder how the actual Gundam card game plays?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lemon-Lime posted:

I caved and have added the MG Powered GM to my backlog. :negative:

I'm really tempted to order this kit but I'm worried that they're just going to release the Cardigan later on and I don't really desire to have both. But then, it's P-Bandai and if I don't get it now I might regret it later...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I personally don't think the Cardigan looks anywhere near as good, and the likelihood of us ever getting a MG Cardigan is probably near zero. That said, buy the Powered GM and convert it! The Cardigan just adds on more armour/guns.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lemon-Lime posted:

I personally don't think the Cardigan looks anywhere near as good, and the likelihood of us ever getting a MG Cardigan is probably near zero. That said, buy the Powered GM and convert it! The Cardigan just adds on more armour/guns.

I feel you on the Cardigan not looking as good, in a sense. But because it's a case of "Powered GM+ a bunch of poo poo", you kind of get the best of both worlds, and I love the poseable shield arms. As far as never getting a MG Cardigan, I saw a bunch of people noting that it seemed quite likely, given the amount of new sculpts that went into making the P-Bandai Powered GM.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Anonymous Robot posted:

As far as never getting a MG Cardigan, I saw a bunch of people noting that it seemed quite likely, given the amount of new sculpts that went into making the P-Bandai Powered GM.

Gundam X says hi.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

We got MG Exia RII literally because MG Exia Dark Matter was planned, so.

But it's never a sure thing.

MJP posted:

What HG kits have upper torsos that have a feminine sort of curve or shape to them? No GN drives, por favor, I need something that can take a paint job that looks like either a tube top or a bolero jacket. No Nobells, the sailor collar doesn't fit what I'm looking for.

G-Self is oddly feminine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

MJP posted:

Kitbash opinion seeking question!

Thus far I'm leaning towards the Mega Shiki, G-Arcane, and GN-Archer. Open to suggestions otherwise - just so long as it's readily obtainable in HG form.

I plan to make Gunpla counterparts of Project Fairy from Idolm@ster. :japan:

The Gundam Portent is very feminine, and the GN drive on the back can be easily removed.