Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Looks like a fun chapter. Why no translation?:(

Worry not, it got translated.

Never piss off the healer. King is a cold blooded mother fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wild Horn is pretty cool. Pile bunkers make everything better.
However, King will always be the best.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Genos really needs to chill.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Valuable lessons were learned.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

King will always be the best.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

one panel of king and i'm already lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That was probably the weakest of the murata-original chapters. However, it was still a chapter of opm so it wasn't terrible or anything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought it was a lot better than the stuff since MB vs Garou.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

That was probably the weakest of the murata-original chapters. However, it was still a chapter of opm so it wasn't terrible or anything.

I enjoyed it a lot.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Huzzah! posted:

Worry not, it got translated.

Never piss off the healer. King is a cold blooded mother fucker.

thanks this ruled

Serious Frolicking posted:

you used the wrong word you said 'weakest' you meant 'strongest'

i love the king/saitama relationship

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That chapter was very good, Genos correct as always.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Yeah, after such a lackluster month that chapter reminded me of everything thats good about this series.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
King is the best :allears:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I liked this. I definitely liked it a lot more than that train OVA.

Genos talks pretty big about teamwork being for the weak for someone that has lost almost every single battle he has been in and couldn't even stop a train, instead relying on his master or some other hero to help, whose life was saved twice by others, and whose powers etc were given to him by someone else and really anyone could have replaced him and been just as powerful or even better.

One day he'll learn... One day...

The fact that the medicine thing was a lie seemed a bit too convenient to have Saitama's lack of effort not have any consequences. I mean he didn't know that at the time, but he still just killed the monster instead of using his infinite strength to capture it and free everyone. His teammates were very much justified in scolding him for his attitude towards the mission. :P

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama continues to be a lovely hero, news at 11.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
To be fair, it started with the team leader assuming Saitama was useless to begin with and assigning him the job of holding the map.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Corn soup flavored energy drinks. :barf:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ChronoReverse posted:

To be fair, it started with the team leader assuming Saitama was useless to begin with and assigning him the job of holding the map.

Also, he didn't kill the monster until it had swallowed the rest of the team (who had abandoned him).

Or was he supposed to capture it alive and let them be digested?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

Also, he didn't kill the monster until it had swallowed the rest of the team (who had abandoned him).

Or was he supposed to capture it alive and let them be digested?

I imagine it was like him being in a paper bag. He could have effortlessly tore a hole in his stomach like it wasn't even there and went out the front. Or went back out the way he came. (...or out the other end..... :cringe: [I'm too lazy to find the appropriate smiley on my phone])

Of course it doesn't matter anyway, since in any scenario, we'd never see the monster or any result of its existence again. Still, it just bothered me that this was posed to Saitama as an important medical thing, and he just tossed it away when he could have put at least a little effort in. If it had been posed to him how it actually was (a profit thing), I'd've been fine with it. Just seems very unhero-like.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 29, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's more like he's in a large wet paper bag, where it's completely pitch black inside and it's not clear which direction is out. Meanwhile, the bag is digesting your team.

It's pretty much a given that you just poke a hole in the bag.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I think the latest stuff - the OVA's, Murata-only material, side chapters - have made it painfully obvious that the premise of this series, while hilarious, is not enough to carry an entire series on its own. It also needs a great story with good execution and delivery, which no one but One has been able to pull of to that extent so far.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought ONE was still writing everything, and Murata just drew the extra material, though.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

I thought ONE was still writing everything, and Murata just drew the extra material, though.
Is that so? The side chapters as well? Well, I guess the MB vs Centipede/Garou stuff did in fact totally rule, so maybe it's just this arc or maybe even just that this arc is still picking up its steam.

We'll see!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bisse posted:

Is that so? The side chapters as well? Well, I guess the MB vs Centipede/Garou stuff did in fact totally rule, so maybe it's just this arc or maybe even just that this arc is still picking up its steam.

Yeah I think all content is written by ONE so probably Murata just redraws chapters while waiting for the script and storyboards to come in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe Murata has said that when ONE sends him the scripts, he even sometimes sends him storyboarding work that he ends up following precisely because ONE is so good at doing that. (The webcomic and MP100 show that really well.)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bisse posted:

I think the latest stuff - the OVA's, Murata-only material, side chapters - have made it painfully obvious that the premise of this series, while hilarious, is not enough to carry an entire series on its own. It also needs a great story with good execution and delivery, which no one but One has been able to pull of to that extent so far.

I can definitely understand you and other people wanting Murata to go ahead with the plot already, but I think it's less a matter of the execution and delivery and more about the series really needing a sense of progress and momentum that some of these side stories have lacked.

One of the strongest points in OPM is how Saitama and his passive attitude contrast with the other heroes and villains and how frenetic they are. Without a plot moving the story forward, a lot of that frenetic energy is lost, and Saitama is left as a straight man with no comic.

Having said that, I don't have too much of a problem with this chapter. A few of the points concerning corruption in the Hero Association and Metal Knight do become relevant in later storylines. I think it's just one of those things where you wait however long for the next chapter to come out that, and when there isn't immediate payoff it's discouraging.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 29, 2016

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Schwarzwald posted:

I can definitely understand you and other people wanting Murata to go ahead with the plot already, but I think it's less a matter of the execution and delivery and more about the series really needing a sense of progress and momentum that some of these side stories have lacked.

One of the strongest points in OPM is how Saitama and his passive attitude contrast with the other heroes and villains and how frenetic they are. Without a plot moving the story forward, a lot of that frenetic energy is lost, and Saitama is left as a straight man with no comic.

Having said that, I don't have too much of a problem with this chapter. A few of the points concerning corruption in the Hero Association and Metal Knight do become relevant in later storylines. I think it's just one of those things where you wait however long for the next chapter to come out that, and when there isn't immediate payoff it's discouraging.

I think particularly the very slow, deliberate setup for all these badasses feels a lot more like something Yoshihiro Togashi would write. There are very few jokes, currently, so I can only assume there's gonna be one hell of a punchline for all the build up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The delivery is absolutely the issue with the tournament arc. It's so slow and sporadic it's impossible to give a poo poo. The MB/Garou stuff was 100% better anyway, but even that would suffer in this circumstance.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, the tournament arc is in a really weird spot between the Metal Bat/Garou poo poo which was amazing and the next arc which is also loving amazing it just feels like a long purgatory

Sidenote: I re-read The Sea King arc recently and drat, is that some good poo poo. Everyone in top form, License-less Rider, Genos, Saitama, all being peak Hero, it's wild.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bisse posted:

this, but opposite

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

As a fan of both Tokusatsu and Things That Are Very Funny, I greatly enjoyed this chapter.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
King is so savage. RIP Saitama.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://killeralienvagina.tumblr.com/post/143650686569/hecticblur-naomimightbeasian-you-have-got-to

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

naomimightbeasian posted:

you have got to be kidding me

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Nothing says click me like a link called "Killer Alien Vagina".

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Nothing says click me tumblr like a link called "Killer Alien Vagina".

But yeah. I'm not clicking.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's a video of someone cooking a pancake that looks like Genos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fiiiiiine, if you're all going to be that scared of someone's tumblr profile name, I'll make it even easier for you.

http://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/12661423_211990709151998_2039853351_n.mp4

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's actually way easier to link to the original Instagram video in question because then you can find out that the original poster is a Japanese chef in an Italian restaurant who can make you anime faces in pancakes on request.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wait till you see what Murata did with it after he "processed" it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eej posted:

It's actually way easier to link to the original Instagram video in question because then you can find out that the original poster is a Japanese chef in an Italian restaurant who can make you anime faces in pancakes on request.

And easier than that is just clicking the link to find a video of what I linked embedded in the post.

But yeah, ADTRW, more scared of alien vaginas than Will Smith.