Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

Hayman, ex team sky. It all goes back to the Brits. Ban these "people" from the sport for good.

I agree but please don't forget Rabobank and Sky hiring their #1 dope doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pocket posted:

I agree but please don't forget Rabobank and Sky hiring their #1 dope doctor.
Look who is with him
http://theraceradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Leinders.jpg

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yates apparently had a TUE for the week before, and the week after, but they're going with 'the doctor forgot to send off the form' for the week of paris nice.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I mean gently caress, if the Yates' are doping I have no clean riders to support anymore.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

What's the best/cheapest way to watch the Giro in the UK? Feel free to PM me if it's naughty.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Eurosport Player is £6 for a month if you want a legal way. Worth it imo, it's HD and you can share it to your TV easily enough, and cycling streams are almost always poo poo quality.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Get Rai on satellite, two Italians shouting down their microphones is the only way to watch such a race. Extra bonus for when the Italian GC riders crack.

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013

Gibbo posted:

Apparently you're new to bicycle racing. Because that's something that is very explicitly against the rules. Why would you ever outsprint someone if you can just box them straight into a wall (which is what happened there). Most of the time nothing happens become some idiot who had no chance of winning blocks someone else, and then a third party wins. In this case, the guy that "won" completely blocked off the only other member of the sprint.

Thanks for the explanation, I only started watching and following cycling outside the Tour since last year so still fairly new to it all. I had heard people talking about the rule before, but never had it clearly explained to me and since the broadcaster I was watching was saying it was fine I was just following them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Raffles posted:

What's the best/cheapest way to watch the Giro in the UK? Feel free to PM me if it's naughty.

Eurosport player.

The uci aren't provisionally suspending Yates either.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

Eurosport Player is £6 for a month if you want a legal way. Worth it imo, it's HD and you can share it to your TV easily enough, and cycling streams are almost always poo poo quality.

does it work now? i tried it before and it was loving terrible

Also the yates thing is pretty meh beyond the huge abuse of TUE's in pro-sport

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It worked well for me last year, paired with a chrome cast most of the time but think there's a ps4 app?

Really nice for just buying one tour

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Pocket posted:

Get Rai on satellite, two Italians shouting down their microphones is the only way to watch such a race. Extra bonus for when the Italian GC riders crack.

Watching Strade Bianche on Rai the year Moreno Moser won was the best thing ever.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Also the yates thing is pretty meh beyond the huge abuse of TUE's in pro-sport

Agreed, I have a hard time getting worked up about it. Within the bullshit system it's a paperwork error. Seeing Yates's treatment versus Ulissi overloading on another permitted asthma med will be interesting.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Even if you somehow banned team doctors from existing they'd be doing it.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Just loving end TUEs, complete bullshit

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Really informative article about inhalers and all that sort of thing. Sort of exonerates users but there are a few lines about how "it brings you back to normal after hard efforts" which are making me think.

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/04/cycling-federation-doctor-nothing-surprising-about-prevalence-of-asthma-amongst-pro-riders/

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

poo poo posting while doing a pee on the orica green edge bus!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pocket posted:

poo poo posting while doing a pee on the orica green edge bus!

Swipe the inhalers!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Someone allegedly swiped a non retail gel from a cupboard. Trip report after tonight's rave.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

TJ dropped :0

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I can't believe Froome didn't crash on all that water

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Paddyb posted:

Thank god they banned disc brakes so that didn't happen.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Paddyb posted:

P hard to crash going up hill.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
There was a downhill near the end that had standing water on it and he looked pretty gripped

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

The descent to Aigle, it's fast descent, few tight corners, the rain was absolutely pouring down. Can't imagine how cold it was for the riders, I had trouble holding my beer toward the end.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pocket posted:

The descent to Aigle, it's fast descent, few tight corners, the rain was absolutely pouring down. Can't imagine how cold it was for the riders, I had trouble holding my beer toward the end.

Whats the beer they sell there with the boxer on the bottle?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Boxer

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I don't drink it unless I have to. We were on a free supply of Velosophe but it wasn't chilled so I can't say it was that good but nor can I complain about free beer.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
CRAZY wreck at the start of the Red Hook Crit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2PEnAhAHJ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2R-FfFmx2/

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 1, 2016

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
That's seriously outrageous, what a scandal.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Why the gently caress was that moto just sitting there. Hell, why was it there at all?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I think it stalled and I don't know why they need motos. That course is way too narrow.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
Every dipshit who plays pretend bike messenger and thinks they can panic stop a fixed gear without brakes should watch that like twenty times.

Better angle: https://instagram.com/p/BE2ZXx3sreq/

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Please, there's nothing "pro" about Red Hook. Get that poo poo out of here.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Paddyb posted:

I think it stalled and I don't know why they need motos. That course is way too narrow.

They use it as a pacer to start the race.

Red hook is a fun night. Ride your fixie down and drink hella beers while watching a crit

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Break should take this, long flat boring straight run into Geneva with a tail wind.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Froome hurt af, he wasn't pedaling.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I can't believe they didn't screw that up.

Lol that BMC guy flying through at the end

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

So glad he didn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Nor sure if it was on the live coverage but there was a crash about 700m out, it held up a lot of the pack, at least one Movistar rider was waiting on an ambulance when I left the race. It also looked like Froome had gone down in it and was being pushed across the line by a team mate. Can't find reports of it anywhere.