Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol no but you should at least aim to maybe have more than 4 good games for your system a year, and it looks like not even 2016 will reach that plateau

This is fair but then again no other console did either. PS4 got Bloodborne last year and if Uncharted is good it will have that this year. One good game a year is pretty poor. Certainly worse than Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sony/MS don't have to try as hard because there are other big-budget devs releasing games for their consoles.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

funkymonks posted:

This is fair but then again no other console did either. PS4 got Bloodborne last year and if Uncharted is good it will have that this year. One good game a year is pretty poor. Certainly worse than Nintendo.

PS4 got Ratchet & Clank. :colbert:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sony/MS don't have to try as hard because there are other big-budget devs releasing games for their consoles.

These are PC games. If you want to argue the PC is better than WiiU then I'll buy that.

Yes I'm being disingenuous but so are people who say the WiiU has no games.

e: Damm forgot about Ratchet and Clank. I need to dust off my PS4 then.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

funkymonks posted:

to be fair though if it was only one game a year and that game was bloodborne i think they get a pass

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you guys laugh now but federation force's final mission is gonna be about taking down Dangerous Fugitive Samus Aran, leading into the long awaited sequel to metroid fusion

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Looper posted:

you guys laugh now but federation force's final mission is gonna be about taking down Dangerous Fugitive Samus Aran, leading into the long awaited sequel to metroid fusion

how about taking down Other M as a whole

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I would be interested in Federation Force if I had 3 local friends who owned 3DSes and were interested in in getting together for some local co-op. I don't, though.

The Chibi style isn't my thing but it's not a deal breaker and neither is the fact that you're not Samus. It is only my lack of gaming buddies.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

skeletronics posted:

I would be interested in Federation Force if I had 3 local friends who owned 3DSes and were interested in in getting together for some local co-op. I don't, though.

The Chibi style isn't my thing but it's not a deal breaker and neither is the fact that you're not Samus. It is only my lack of gaming buddies.

Let's have a Wii U meet up.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That reminds me, I played some co-op Shovel Knight and it's really fun.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wii U is great because it has the best Mario game (3D world), the best Mario Kart, and the best Smash Bros. All the other games are real good too.

Thank you

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It also has the definitive version of the best 3D Zelda (Wind Waker), and ways to play almost every other mainstream Mario and Zelda ever made. It's a great system, albeit a poorly marketed one that never took off.

I'd say it never found its audience, but it totally did -

in my heart

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wii U is my favorite console after the SNES. It's a shame it is dying out but I'm happy it lasted even this long.:unsmith:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nintendo games are fun and good.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
As someone who is late to the Wii U party, what would be a good recommendation for purchasing one right now? I know Target has the Mario Kart bundle on sale, but I'm reluctant because of the NX announcement and The fact that there might be a potential price drop. And I already checked Nintendo's refurbished section, to no avail.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-FE-Special-Wii/dp/B01EO1WURQ

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Hey thread I just got Splatoon and it seems like a good shooter that still has an active player base a year in, really enjoying my Nintendo Wii U™.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

deadpan posted:

Hey thread I just got Splatoon and it seems like a good shooter that still has an active player base a year in, really enjoying my Nintendo Wii U™.

Nintendo and the WiiU is dead though :confused:

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Nintendo and the WiiU is dead though :confused:

Oh whoops you've seen through my lies.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckj

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

deadpan posted:

It is and it does.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Raserys posted:

I would be shocked if a Nintendo console didn't have backwards compatibility

The only non-handheld Nintendo consoles that had backwards compatibility that didn't require an extra peripheral are the Wii and Wii U.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

drat. Is it possible that they just put up the page and haven't actually opened up preorders yet?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It's possible since it doesn't have an Amazon best sellers ranking but I prefer to be upset

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

The only non-handheld Nintendo consoles that had backwards compatibility that didn't require an extra peripheral are the Wii and Wii U.

Yes, but they're the second and third Nintendo consoles using disc-based media. It's not like the Gamecube was going to somehow take N64 carts.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

scalpers finally doing a good deed

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

alf_pogs posted:

to be fair though if it was only one game a year and that game was bloodborne i think they get a pass

this is a good point really

bloodborne isn't just a "good game" it's one of the best games ever made imo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Still available in Australia :flip:.

I already preordered it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

drat. Is it possible that they just put up the page and haven't actually opened up preorders yet?

Yeah I think they just put it up and haven't let people pre-order yet. The Kirby and friends Amiibo are doing the same thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Still available in Australia :flip:.

I already preordered it.

Doesn't even seem to exist in the UK. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Isn't the special edition just a sample music cd and a art book?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Isn't the special edition just a sample music cd and a art book?

Stickers and codes for DLC too I believe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but it comes in a fancy box

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah but it comes in a fancy box

Looks to be the standard WiiU Special Edition case for the Australian version at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You know what I don't care anymore

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Sakurazuka posted:

You know what I don't care anymore

that's the spirit

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't see the problem here, it's just saving you from your crippling addiction to special editions.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kramdar posted:

As someone who is late to the Wii U party, what would be a good recommendation for purchasing one right now? I know Target has the Mario Kart bundle on sale, but I'm reluctant because of the NX announcement and The fact that there might be a potential price drop. And I already checked Nintendo's refurbished section, to no avail.

Price drop might happen, but the NX isn't coming out for a whole year. The Smash/Splatoon bundle was definitely the best thing going, but I think that's long gone by now. The Mario Kart bundle would probably be an acceptable substitute. Mario Kart is pretty great!

Or you could keep seeing if they restock refurb consoles while waiting to see if there's a price drop by E3, or something.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Golden Goat posted:

I don't see the problem here, it's just saving you from your crippling addiction to special editions.

I need that song book, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I want another console Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem game, if those don't get promised for the NX it might be the first time I don't buy a Nintendo product at launch.

• Locked thread