Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

PST posted:

The Bundy ranch facebook page is a goldmine of craziness, while also asking for money every day.

That was nonsense even by SovCit standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I love the fact that he uses the "pardner" slang like a coolness badge instead of "this here person is a bumbling retard"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Geostomp posted:

The part about there being no harmed party is a SovCit favorite. It's main problem is assuming that the way they THINK law SHOULD work is how it actually works.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

The part about there being no harmed party is a SovCit favorite. It's main problem is assuming that the way they THINK law SHOULD work is how it actually works.

I love the way that this fictional Ammon is so smug, like he's slowly drawing the fictional judge into a logic trap that automatically means he's free, Obama's a muslim, and Palin will take the presidency or some poo poo like that. In reality, Ammon would probably be held in contempt and shoved back in his jail cell until he's more forthcoming. You know, kinda like what they're doing now with the Bundys squealing about nonsense until their next court date in about a year.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Geostomp posted:

I dunno, I thought the "'children of unsound mind" bit was a pretty accurate description of the Bundy clan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cumshitter posted:

I don't believe it's accurate to say Finicum fumbled in his draw. If you watch some of his earlier videos he talks frequently about being willing to die. If anything I think he was fake drawing to get the cops to shoot an unarmed man head on in cold blood. If that was his goal then he hosed up by doing it a third time after turning away from the two gun holding OSP officers to face the officer holding the tazer (not that anyone who is pro-Freedom would make the distinction)j.

It's consistent with what he said in his first interview hiding under the tarp. He wanted to make it easy for the FBI to find him by being under a blue tarp in a white snowy field and he said he wasn't going to fire until fired upon. He knew the entire time that he was walking it up to the line and doing the political protest equivalent of waving your finger in someone's face while shouting, "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" but I guess somehow making the government pull the trigger on him was some kind of moral victory.

Which in retrospect it was, because his funeral became a rallying cry for other disaffected fringe weirdos. I recently laid a red, white, and blue "Excavator" horsecock modeled dildo at the shrine where his tarp cross was erected.

He had a loaded handgun in his pocket. He was absolutely trying to draw on the cops and failed hard.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I know he was armed, I just think he was doing something even dumber and fake drawing on the police despite being armed. The guy sounded straight up suicidal in his previous videos so it wouldn't surprise me.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

cumshitter posted:

I know he was armed, I just think he was doing something even dumber and fake drawing on the police despite being armed. The guy sounded straight up suicidal in his previous videos so it wouldn't surprise me.

So he was pulling a Gran Torino, then.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cumshitter posted:

I recently laid a red, white, and blue "Excavator" horsecock modeled dildo at the shrine where his tarp cross was erected.

You're good people, cumshitter.

I'm so glad I live in a world where I can sincerely type a sentence like that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So he was pulling a Gran Torino, then.

Nah he was completely unarmed in Torino.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

I would love the judge to play along and introduce the a sampling of the people of the United States that have been harmed by the Bundys and the occupation, since there's no one person that is called United States of America, but it's made up of people like it says in the preamble of the Constitution.

Or maybe just have a dude named "United States Of America" just for these cases.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

cumshitter posted:

Are you saying he was purposely trying to give people a pedantic argument that he was "shot unarmed".

I mean I don't see how going to draw and actually getting the gun out is much different. He fumbled. Probably adrenaline surged and was thinking "this is it this is it"

I feel like he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and hosed up and died a shmuck face down in the snow.

If your idea was his intention he also failed because crazies are arguing that he was tricked and trapped in the situation and that's why it's not his fault.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
SovCit arguments are pedantic by nature so yeah, I can believe that's what he was going for. He was telling the OSP to shoot him from the get go in the cellphone footage.

If the OSP officer with the taser had not come from another direction I believe he would have false-drawn until they shot him. The reason the OSP officers shot him, on his third failed draw, was because he turned to face the officer with the taser. At that point the two armed officers could no longer see his hands, so they shot to protect the taser officer. This was part of the statement the OSP released along with the cellphone video footage. To be clear, I'm not saying they wouldn't have been justified shooting him on the first false-draw.

But Finicum is dead so it'll never be clear exactly what he was thinking. But I think given Finicum's previous recorded statements, which seemed emphasize his willingness to die and not necessarily in the "take everyone I can with me" sense, it's not an unreasonable conclusion. But I don't own a gun and have never tried to quick draw one while under pressure, so maybe he did gently caress up.

Bombadillio posted:

If your idea was his intention he also failed because crazies are arguing that he was tricked and trapped in the situation and that's why it's not his fault.

Kinda sounds like they came to the same conclusion that Finicum would have wanted, albeit by roundabout means.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Well they say...if you are pulled over ,and speed away from that way too fast around blind corners on a ice road and run off the road into a roadblock then that's "entrapment"

So not so much him spinning around trying to play matrix, but how dare they stop someone running from police.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Look, they clearly wanted to ambush and murder him, as evidenced by the lack of murder of everyone else in either car. It was only because they surrendered that they were unable to kill them, even though they wanted to.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

it was a "KILL STOP" and he was set up for death

in other news a few weeks ago I walked past a rally in front of the federal courthouse in Portland on my way to lunch. I got into a yelling argument with an Idaho III% moron who recognized me from a youtube video of "liberal trolls" after I took this picture:

"FREDOM"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
FREDOM ISNT FRE!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
tbf she did notice and add an F in

I love the happy face O :)

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

tbf she did notice and add an F in

I love the happy face O :)

Reminds me of: :nws: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--OZNGJU5O--/18jil5imy1v7fjpg.jpg :nws:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ansel autisms posted:

it was a "KILL STOP" and he was set up for death

in other news a few weeks ago I walked past a rally in front of the federal courthouse in Portland on my way to lunch. I got into a yelling argument with an Idaho III% moron who recognized me from a youtube video of "liberal trolls" after I took this picture:

"FREDOM"

I agree, close Guantanamo Bay.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

StandardVC10 posted:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

cumshitter posted:

I think you might be right. He was a true believer. Martyrdom for the cause might have been enough for him, he might not have been looking to hurt anyone.

Dude was still dumb as gently caress but this makes sense to me.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

InterFaced posted:

I think you might be right. He was a true believer. Martyrdom for the cause might have been enough for him, he might not have been looking to hurt anyone.

Dude was still dumb as gently caress but this makes sense to me.

I've thought since day 1 it was suicide by cop and he never intended to actually hurt anyone.

At the end of the day, these guys are gigantic pussies.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

I think you'll find that Guantanamo Bay is not in America, QED. Also it is filled with terrorists instead of brave white people (who can't be terrorists) fighting for freedom.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
so this dude happened today

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/726221898443427840

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/726221102364549120

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/726236221697970177

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

We all knew it was coming sooner or later. Sure, the ones on the ranch were just delusional cowards, but sooner or later someone would get riled up enough to become actually dangerous.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
To be completely 100% honest, for months now I've had a nagging suspicion that even my own personal worst-case projections for the potential for violence spinning out of this movement are going to end up being under estimates.

This movement basically has come to see Donald Trump as there "One Last Hope" of attaining their goals peacefully. When Trump fails to secure the Presidency, either by paying rat hosed out of it at the convention or losing the General, the movement he has created is not going to handle it very well.

At all.

The country is going to be basically facing a substantial number of very heavily armed extremists who believe the world is literally ending before their very eyes. They won't be able to conceive of a peaceful way forward for themselves anymore, they will perceive themselves as being surrounded and trapped by purest evil.

I'm not really all that sure what that will translate into, but the possibility exists that there might be multiple simultaneous Malheur's at some point in the future. Except that the targets of future takeovers may not be remote bird sanctuaries, they may be targets that are of a more urban nature.

God I hope this is just my mental illness getting the best of me on this one. I really really really really really really want to be wrong.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 07:12 on Apr 30, 2016

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
nah it'll sputter and die and well laff

I mean one of them will probably set off a pipe bomb at an elementary school or college campus but knowing us well laff anyway

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I haven't followed this in the most stringent detail but if I recall correctly almost everyone at the reserve hosed off as soon as Finicum's death made them realize they weren't playing Call of Duty. They've so far demonstrated exactly one person willing to give up their lives for the cause.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Geostomp posted:

We all knew it was coming sooner or later. Sure, the ones on the ranch were just delusional cowards, but sooner or later someone would get riled up enough to become actually dangerous.

You must of missed it, but they got this John Roos fellow before he could do anything because he was a loving blowhard who telegraphed his plans to the point the FBI came and arrested him.

This is the choice parts of that article in the Twitter posts...

quote:

Regarding his online posts, Roos said he "can't help the way I feel," according to the complaint. He also said his social media posts are a way he "blows off steam."

quote:

The complaint said Roos told authorities "he doesn't have the physical ability to carry through on his statements."

They loving arrested this guy for making threats and building bombs and such and he says "I did not and can not do nothing" instead of going "hell yeah, I made those bombs and said those threats" when the FBI has him dead to rights. At least have the honesty of knowing you're going away regardless and make it a statement. Nathan Hale didn't say "I didn't do nothing" when he got hanged by the British.

Young Freud has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Apr 30, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Prester Jane posted:

To be completely 100% honest, for months now I've had a nagging suspicion that even my own personal worst-case projections for the potential for violence spinning out of this movement are going to end up being under estimates.

This movement basically has come to see Donald Trump as there "One Last Hope" of attaining their goals peacefully. When Trump fails to secure the Presidency, either by paying rat hosed out of it at the convention or losing the General, the movement he has created is not going to handle it very well.

At all.

The country is going to be basically facing a substantial number of very heavily armed extremists who believe the world is literally ending before their very eyes. They won't be able to conceive of a peaceful way forward for themselves anymore, they will perceive themselves as being surrounded and trapped by purest evil.

I'm not really all that sure what that will translate into, but the possibility exists that there might be multiple simultaneous Malheur's at some point in the future. Except that the targets of future takeovers may not be remote bird sanctuaries, they may be targets that are of a more urban nature.

God I hope this is just my mental illness getting the best of me on this one. I really really really really really really want to be wrong.

The vast majority of them (and people in general) are lazy, incompetent, or cowardly. Shouting angrily is all they are willing or able to do. Temporarily taking over a bird sanctuary is not so much a dire warning of things to come but a comforting reminder that they are really bad at this whole insurrection thing.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tayter Swift posted:

nah it'll sputter and die and well laff

I mean one of them will probably set off a pipe bomb at an elementary school or college campus but knowing us well laff anyway

Ironically Islamic terrorism has made these people think twice because they don't want the comparison despite their bluster

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
I wonder if they even see the connection, I doubt it very much. They are the good guys, after all. The saddest thing about the whole social media aspect of the pretrial and all is that it's showing how little the sovcits know about anything. Will they/their followers ever understand the degree to which they hosed up? I'd like to think yes, but my heart tells me they will keep raging at the injustices of a corrupt world

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Prester Jane posted:

We're more likely to see organized violence from the neoreactionary movement, simply because they're wealthier and better coordinated.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
NRx are incapable of operating offline. They get beat up, and they aren't willing to risk that. Cf Roosh.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

At all.

Remember when Fatty McFreedom was on one of his bipolar upswings and called for 10,000 true patriots to march to Oregon and gun down every oath breaking official who got in their way?

Because the people you're describing sure don't.

Take your medicine, bro.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that even if we threatened it constantly. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five weeks later, you can go up on a steep hill in Clark County and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

-Ammon Bundy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I live in southern Oregon the next town over from Medford, and people like this are loving everywhere around here, so this is no surprise at all.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

cumshitter posted:

"And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that even if we threatened it constantly. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five weeks later, you can go up on a steep hill in Clark County and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

-Ammon Bundy

If we had read Hunter S. Thompson rather than F. Scott Fitzgerald in high school, I think I would have paid much better attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Skellybones posted:

The vast majority of them (and people in general) are lazy, incompetent, or cowardly. Shouting angrily is all they are willing or able to do. Temporarily taking over a bird sanctuary is not so much a dire warning of things to come but a comforting reminder that they are really bad at this whole insurrection thing.

You're correct, but they ARE going to get super paranoid when Trump loses, and a few of them will be Timothy McVeighs. I don't expect many occupations, but there could definitely be some real flare-ups.