Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm annoyed that you don't get Anri's sword if you do their quest the way Yuria wants.

you do. go back to where anri is at the very end of the quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Just double checked, Aldrich definitly had his way with Nito, just look at the weapons.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

At this point the luster's mostly worn off (at least until I pay a bunch of money for some bleeding-edge "recommended" graphics card) and so I'm mostly just trying to round up the last few achievements. (Rings and an ending.) Still, I've been having fun by helping out a friend who's new to the series. The usual pattern's been that he stumbles around with his Knight while I help out with my own NG++ character (which the game scales down to him, of course) and wear fancy outfits. Earlier tonight we were invaded just at the start of the Undead Settlement, and while the phantom was almost certainly experienced we (by which I mean I) gave him a run for his money. Eventually he decided to teleport out after all his healing supplies ran out but mine didn't. I wonder what he thought of the situation, since I obviously had a bunch of endgame gear on but was also using the Untrue Dark Ring.

I also showed my friend the wonders of the Mound-Makers, so that he can follow in the insane purple footsteps of his predecessors. :black101: (While I was showing things off, another red phantom invaded to immediately be ganked by two blue phantoms. :stare: There's a reason I usually play offline.)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Im thinking of rolling another toon and doing a Black Knight Halberd run.

Super Sayan Swordmaster can deal with Dancer and Gundyr while i have a crafty one, but what about Oceiros? Can Hawkwood go Super Sayan too or will i have to cheese him with a bow?
Actually i wouldnt even have to kill Gundyr since the weapon is ready for pickup once you enter the arena, so technically youd only need to cheese dancer and Oceiros...

Edit: Would also enable a Moonlight Greatsword run, or chaos blade, or gundyr Halberd or the likes...

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 29, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im thinking of rolling another toon and doing a Black Knight Halberd run.

Super Sayan Swordmaster can deal with Dancer and Gundyr while i have a crafty one, but what about Oceiros? Can Hawkwood go Super Sayan too or will i have to cheese him with a bow?
Actually i wouldnt even have to kill Gundyr since the weapon is ready for pickup once you enter the arena, so technically youd only need to cheese dancer and Oceiros...

Edit: Would also enable a Moonlight Greatsword run, or chaos blade, or gundyr Halberd or the likes...

Doing Revolver Ocelot's dad is gonna take more than Hawkwood at super low level. The only reason Super Asia works is because his sword has bleed, which does %maxHP damage when it pops.

Also he will, no matter what, one shot you if he hits you with any single thing he does, and if he clips you with his breath it will instant curse you.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Has the 1.04 patch nerfed the Darksword or can I continue with it as normal?

I read somewhere they made the Estoc & Darksword now unparryable!?!? Any truth to this?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Why the gently caress is it so hard to find the patch notes? Google brings up nothing, the official site is literally only in Japanese, not even the shitstain that is Reddit is showing them.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Are there any pieces of gear that do something else beside adding (mostly meaningless) resistances, or shields that do other things beside blocking?

I've found the shield of want and the Mimic head, they both increase the amount of souls gained.

I had gimped my build badly (28/28 str/dex is not great damage-wise for an endgame character with no magic) so I needed to farm a bit and the best spot I found were the 3 winged messengers on top of the grand archives, wearing the shield of want, silver serpent ring and mimic head, giving me slightly over 75k souls per run. I'm not sure if there's anything I could have done to be more efficient about it.

And then I finally finished the game, got the ending where I let the fire keeper take the flame and let the cycle end, shrouding the world in darkness. Am I seeing this wrong or does this essentially mean that my character might as well have done nothing all game, since the outcome would have been the same?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh man it's a dude in heavy armour with a huge club, I better play carefu....
Lol naw let me just whip out the rapier and stab him like fifty times.

Cathedral of the Deep is really drat fun. Literally every guy keeps bursting into flames and throwing themselves off cliffs and ledges to get me. There was a Evangelist that just casually strolled off a ledge when I hit her with and arrow.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

kanonvandekempen posted:

And then I finally finished the game, got the ending where I let the fire keeper take the flame and let the cycle end, shrouding the world in darkness. Am I seeing this wrong or does this essentially mean that my character might as well have done nothing all game, since the outcome would have been the same?

I think by taking this path, you actively prevent another Lord of Cinder from emerging. Instead of the cycle of ages of fire (when the first flame is burning brightly) and dark (when it's down to embers), the first flame is completely destroyed, and the world reverts to its natural state, a land of gray filled with archtrees and everlasting dragons. Of course, the firekeeper sees other embers in the distance: by letting the first flame finally die, we allow the second flame to emerge, and refresh the world.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Why the gently caress is it so hard to find the patch notes? Google brings up nothing, the official site is literally only in Japanese, not even the shitstain that is Reddit is showing them.

because there basically are none

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Doing Revolver Ocelot's dad is gonna take more than Hawkwood at super low level. The only reason Super Asia works is because his sword has bleed, which does %maxHP damage when it pops.

Also he will, no matter what, one shot you if he hits you with any single thing he does, and if he clips you with his breath it will instant curse you.

Super Sayan works faster because of bleed, otherwise he is immortal cause hes got no hitbox.
It would probably take a long time for a Super Sayan hawkwood, but eventually, he would deplete the hitpoints i guess.
IF he can bes... ascended that is.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The notes for regulation 1.06 (not the patch that loaded yesterday on Steam, the patch that was supposed to come out yesterday but didn't on PC) are basically just these three things: 1)Adjust the dagger category. 2) Adjust the "twinsword" category (which means all or almost all the twin weapons, not just swords). 3) Adjust "magic", which could mean absolutely anything, but apparently only Great Chaos Fire Orb and Affinity were nerfed.

MZ posted:

Has the 1.04 patch nerfed the Darksword or can I continue with it as normal?

I read that they slightly increased its stamina usage.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Poor Dead Gwyndolin,
You Are Dead.
But Hey, You'd Look Great,
Between Two Bits Of Bread.

- Poems of Aldrich, Saint of the Deep

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So today I learned that black knights packing shields are aggressive enough to give zero fucks about those stances I like so much. Because it won't stagger them when they are mid attack. Ow.

I laughed when I noticed that my corpse landed next to a certain NPC doing victory poses, though.

EDIT: On the bright side, old Demon king is dead. Only took me 6 tries :downs: Yeah things certainly feel much rougher past the Catacombs. Though I feel silly tries 2-5 for where I didn't realize "Hmm, maybe this sword that causes frost effect isn't as helpful as I'd hoped..." (If you can boss riposte them, hell if I know because I never managed it after dropping them a few times"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 29, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Poor Dead Gwyndolin,
You Are Dead.
But Hey, You'd Look Great,
Between Two Bits Of Bread.

- Poems of Aldrich, Saint of the Deep

"

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 23, 2018

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Will using a purging stone bought from Yuria gently caress up the Yuria questline? I'm guessing no but just want to make sure. It is very important that my character looks fabulous through this playthrough.Very important.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Vermain posted:

Did you do any offline play before you started receiving that message? Some people have been reporting that they started receiving that message after going offline and moving things around in their item box or otherwise acquiring items that the server then picks up on the next time they log on.
Just for the record, I've been switching between online and offline on a new character to get all the NPC invasions/items that I've missed, but I haven't gotten that message at all.

Avalanche posted:

Will using a purging stone bought from Yuria gently caress up the Yuria questline? I'm guessing no but just want to make sure. It is very important that my character looks fabulous through this playthrough.Very important.
Nah, you have to actually use the Firekeeper's perma-cure option to gently caress up that quest.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I also finally took down the Old Demon King, took me quite a few tries but I kept getting caught out by his fire attacks, even with highest fire resist armour I had, he could take me down in a couple of hits.

Where do I go now? I followed a long path which led to me to turning off the giant crossbow machine but that seemed to be a dead end. There is also some lava areas with loads of items I can't touch because I don't have anything that gives me any where near enough fire resistance, did I miss something?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I'm nearly lv 40 testing the waters on an early-ish Dancer run, why are there phantom ring wearing Estoc shitters, presumably looking to shank a Vordt summoner, invading me

Whatever, a free backstab is a free backstab

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

MZ posted:

I also finally took down the Old Demon King, took me quite a few tries but I kept getting caught out by his fire attacks, even with highest fire resist armour I had, he could take me down in a couple of hits.

Where do I go now? I followed a long path which led to me to turning off the giant crossbow machine but that seemed to be a dead end. There is also some lava areas with loads of items I can't touch because I don't have anything that gives me any where near enough fire resistance, did I miss something?

Like, are you talking just Demon Ruins/Smoldering Lake in specific, or general progression?

Demon Ruins yeah you're done. I mean there's probably some goodies hidden away you might not have found yet, and there's the stuff on the lava, but if you want to move on you can. It's an optional side area.

General progression- you didn't actually HAVE to knock down the bridge and climb down, you know.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Fun fact about that bridge:
I didnt know you could cut it and climb down, until i was finished the Old Demon King.
With 20 vitality and only underpants, you survive the drop to the ledge under the bridge that leads to the Lesser Demon.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

A reenactment of me at the Smoldering Lake

Am I supposed to lead the giant worm into the path of the arbalest?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Quick question for all the people who actually get to bluecop: Does having a summon signature out has any influence on whether or not you can be autosummoned?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Fun fact about that bridge:
I didnt know you could cut it and climb down, until i was finished the Old Demon King.
With 20 vitality and only underpants, you survive the drop to the ledge under the bridge that leads to the Lesser Demon.

Ah, you used the Horace method.

Vanderdeath posted:

A reenactment of me at the Smoldering Lake

Am I supposed to lead the giant worm into the path of the arbalest?

Yeah. The worm doesn't really move even though it digs holes and poo poo. Everything happens in the same spots. You can run around it quite safely.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 29, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
NK owns.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Avalanche posted:

No. Some of the Wikis says curing the hollow status breaks it, but that's not true. You only break it by curing the dark signs, not the hollow status.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Can you parry Gundyr's charge in pvp? Asking for a sunny friend

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

MZ posted:

The items in the lava areas are three pyro spells, a talisman and an ember.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
So is there a good summary anywhere of the Pontiff/Aldrich lore? I'm not going to have access to the game for the next few months so I won't be able to do it myself.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Stargate posted:

So is there a good summary anywhere of the Pontiff/Aldrich lore? I'm not going to have access to the game for the next few months so I won't be able to do it myself.

In extremely basic terms The pontiff is an rear end in a top hat and Aldrich likes to eat people, then sees the future and decides eating gods will help somehow

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

If you actually farm 30 ears or so, Yorshka has some interesting dialogue about Sulyvahn. I want to call him Silly Man, I feel like this game is missing nicknames for the bosses right now.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He's clearly the pope

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

NTT posted:

He's clearly the pope

Can he be Pope Silly Man?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The two popes, pope silly man and pope gelatin

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 29, 2016

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Mazerunner posted:

Parry is L2, the left trigger (assuming left hand shield). Also the shield has to actually be able to parry, check the description. It's also very timing heavy. Use a buckler.

The 'stance' does attacks with different effects, like shield breaking or whatever. I never actually used it, even when using the hollowslayer greatsword, so I don't know if it's worth using. Doesn't seem like it because you have to get into stance which takes a second and is very obvious.

stance attacks can come out near instantly if you just attack immediately after pressing the L2 button. Well, aside from the windup most of them have, but going into the stance effectively becomes a very brief part of the attack animation, there's no delay between enter stance->Able to attack from stance.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Yardbomb posted:

I just wish weapon arts were totally-not-a-trick-weapons-system. There's already so much little poo poo I look at that could have alt forms, the Farron GS especially makes me sad. I was watching one of my dudes play and they fought Abyss Watchers, so I finally got a good chance to really look at their moves and while you can do a chunk of the same stuff, they have a bunch of cool moves using the little wedge knife and I wanna do that too!

I just wish they'd make it more fluid to combo into most of the weapon arts, as is, most have a delay coming out of a combo of normal attacks that it's basically impossible. Being able to end combos with the storm curved sword with tornado reliably would do a lot for its viability in PvP. As is, an enemy will ALWAYS have rolled away by the time it comes out unless I'm not trying to combo into it.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Obligatum VII posted:

I just wish they'd make it more fluid to combo into most of the weapon arts, as is, most have a delay coming out of a combo of normal attacks that it's basically impossible. Being able to end combos with the storm curved sword with tornado reliably would do a lot for its viability in PvP. As is, an enemy will ALWAYS have rolled away by the time it comes out unless I'm not trying to combo into it.

There is a reason for this.

Maybe they could have balanced things in a different way, but the options were probably as you see it now, or the L2 special not comboing with itself into the follow up weapon art attack.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Wow blue sentinels who just sit on their thumbs when summoned are cunts. Take the stupid WOTB patch off if you don't want to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Kiggles posted:

There is a reason for this.

Maybe they could have balanced things in a different way, but the options were probably as you see it now, or the L2 special not comboing with itself into the follow up weapon art attack.

Huh. From could have just made the spin-hit deal large knockback. Heck, you can even edit it to do that.

Megalixir posted:

Can someone help me with this? Sorry, I didn't really read the thread.

Sorry to say, but you won't know if you're banned until next week, I "think" next Wednesday to be specific.

You may escape From's extremely misdirected wrath, or you may not. That's really all we can tell you. Good luck!