Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
OBH has the benefit that in includes the grandfather teaching the children to play poker, probably the most natural relationship in comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I enjoy One Big Happy. It does seem to be one of those that doesn't get much attention. I guess because it's not bad, but not standout good either. It's good, I would say better than most on the average comics page, but it just doesn't pop. It's strange because I'm not sure why. The art's good. The writing's good--the kids are wisecracky without being too wisecracky and are written like children for the most part. I enjoy it daily, but I don't think I'd want to read a big chunk in a collection all at once like I would other comics.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Hey, buddy, let's leave the platitudes to Mary, ok?

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

X-9's looking around uncomfortably, pulling his collar out "Oh! Look at that you came all the way out here to see me! Uhh that's great, really. Really great! No really I'm happy to see you. Well gotta go on this mission!"

Apartment 3-G

A feminist doctor would just kill a man, because that's what they do.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 5, 1951)

Barnaby (September 10, 1942)

Nancy (May 20, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 31, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (March 1, 1923)

Lil' Abner (October 15, 1936)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Chimeric posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

This has been harped on, but I cannot get over the fact that a comic full of robots - or any comic in 2016, really - would have a "science project" involving the classical Greek elements. Like... what the actual gently caress is going through the author's head on this one?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dordreff posted:

Wait, wasn't this stupid book specifically about the mafia lady's museum? Why would all these museums be buying up something that's basically an advertisement for a different museum? I mean, I know the real answer is "the entire world operates so that it is most advantageous to the Morgans" but still, gently caress off.
I don't know, why would a bunch of museums be buying a book about a mafia boss' museum?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Don't bother Dawn. Sure, you can slap together a decent sammie, but you'll never be one of the greats. You don't have the fire in your belly.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

No, I can believe that Coolidge is the only one. It's also to be expected that two of them share their birthday. What I can't believe is that Nazi Germany surrendered on President Truman's birthday and only a few weeks to his presidency.

Stuccojeff
May 2, 2009
Rex Morgan MD

Wait, have neither Rex nor June read Sarah's book yet? They keep looking at the book and acting surprised that it's any good.

They didn't read any first drafts? Helped her edit the content? Check her goddamn spelling?

Sarah just produced a full book on her own and sent it to the mob to print and muscle into museum bookstores and now her parents get to enjoy droopy half lidded smiles at each other?

:j::respek::smuggo:

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Theater people are notoriously straight edge and would never encourage substance abuse.
Actually, I prefer to think Pru knows Luann would be a sloppy drunk and doesn't want to have to clean up her vomit when she's clearly on the clock.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
I missed a day, so here's some extra comix(tm).

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

drat straight.

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals

Sorry - forgot Mr. Tweedy. :)
Mr. Tweedy

Slammy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 29, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set fights childhood obesity.

Working Daze finally stops trying and just starts shouting nerd things.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix knows.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (May 1, 1958)

Ending Peanuts: Year Four... (September 30-October 1, 1954)

...and beginning Peanuts: Year Five (October 2-3, 1954)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I like One Big Happy, the art is good, the characters aren't insufferable and the stories/jokes aren't sappy. It's one of the better comics in my opinion.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

People who slouch are the worst.

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
One Big Happy is a little gem.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

I love this comic.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

It turns out that Quill is in Hamilton, he wins awards and gets rich and famous and during his interview on the Tonight show he remarks that it never would have happened if his dumb selfish girlfriend hadn't dumped him. "Thanks, sweety!" *blows kiss*

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (May 20, 1943)

This Nancy loving rules.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

Kit! Your father did it! Remember your father? Remember how your ancestor was the first Phantom and you inherited the job from your father? Kit? Are you suffering amnesia? Kit, what is wrong with you? :psyboom:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

I love this comic.
Dude looks amazingly good for something that required that level of bandaging.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (March 1, 1929)

Peanuts (May 2, 1960)

Funky Winkerbean

Well THAT'S a copout. There just had to be a few more lovely jokes about that dude's huge class ring.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 8-9, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 16, 1929)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

I was wondering if we were going to get to this moment.

Unfortunately, I cannot give it the proper reverence because I'm posting three days worth of comics today and every single one of them has a dog in it and I am so excited for SUPER MEGA HALF DOZEN DOG COMIX

Pooch Café

Are we doing a transtemporal crossover with old A3G?

Ballard Street

And we get a new dog name for the wiki!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Meets Newspaper Spider-Man

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Also, it just struck me while accidentally typing 'Calvina nd', but I'm a little surprised that having done time travel, shrinking, giganticism, duplication, and transmogrification, Calvin never swapped genders or had an evil girl twin or something like that. Some things were just beyond his imagination, I guess.

Ripley's

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 6, 1951)

Barnaby (September 11, 1942)

Nancy (May 21, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (February 1, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (March 2, 1923)

Lil' Abner (October 16, 1936)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Jesus Christ, Batiuk, get some help. :psyduck:

Luann

You did not order Korean food. Your guide ordered for you and she picked bugs and poo poo for a laugh. And you did not go clubbing. You walked in the door and did an immediate U-turn.

You know, I thought I was just joking when I asked if that was all they did. I thought, "Surely they spent like a week over there and did lots of stuff, but we only saw a couple of things because of economy in storytelling. Comics can only show us a few panels at a time and the Evanses didn't want to spend months on What Luann Did On Her Spring Break." But no. Her only anecdotes are exactly what we were shown. She went there, bought a truckload of novelty shirts, ate a meal, peeked her head into a club, got a good and responsible night's rest, and then went straight home. And that was her big New York trip.

The Amazing Spider-Man

This is a weird comic.

Sally Forth

Awww. :)

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Fingerpori

"17th century Caravaggio paintings found in attic are considered to be authentic"
"What's the point of this?"

Pidetään = Are considered to be...
Pidetään = Are used as...

Aito = Authentic, real
Aita = Fence
(both conjugate same way in this case)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Also, it just struck me while accidentally typing 'Calvina nd', but I'm a little surprised that having done time travel, shrinking, giganticism, duplication, and transmogrification, Calvin never swapped genders or had an evil girl twin or something like that. Some things were just beyond his imagination, I guess.
Hello? The Dictator-for-life of G.R.O.S.S.?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (November 16, 1929)

Wow!!

Seriously though, something familiar about those two? Seriously? This comic is terrible.

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Awww. :)
Sally Forth is probably the most consistently good comic.

Kennel posted:

Fingerpori

"17th century Caravaggio paintings found in attic are considered to be authentic"

Aito = Authentic, real
Aita = Fence
I love foreign puns.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Kennel posted:

Fingerpori

Aito = Authentic, real
Aita = Fence

Amazing.

I seriously wanted to come to the Moominfest in June, but was afraid that I would mortally offend someone with my bad Finnish. Now I am certain that instead, I'd miss an important pun and end up owning a herd of hedgehogs and a large rock somewhere in the Arctic.

(I'd also probably never want to leave, but that's a different issue.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What's so funny about a perfectly ordinary TED talk?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

This is a weird comic.

"Oh yeah? (walks to other end of room) Now I'm someplace else too! Lookit me, I'm an all-powerful magician!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

RandomFerret posted:

I was wondering if we were going to get to this moment.
So was that the post-assassination comic? I knew it was coming soon. It looks like the date is in January? That's way after. How often did he do these?

F Minus

You may be thinking, "Hey, that guy looks like he's lived a pretty long life already," but he's actually 23 years old.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

I think he means "g-informants" and "g-offices."

Apartment 3-G

But the problem is she can't resist this milquetoast weenie.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Another 10,000 copies of "my first trip to the museum"? gently caress, they're not even trying to hide the scale of their money laundering.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

treasureplane posted:

Lil' Abner (October 16, 1936)

I'm kind of questioning whether that guy playing a banjo belongs in this upper-crust football club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Waitwaitwait...

Is this a thing where the writers are trying to shame/slam the people who say that Mary Worth isn't good? Is that's what's happening?

God I want that to be the case.

• Locked thread