Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Patter Song posted:

Club Nintendo was only good during its ludicrous going out of business have all the games thing.

I made $300-400 dollars selling my club Nintendo rewards on Ebay. This new loyalty program is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

katkillad2 posted:

I made $300-400 dollars selling my club Nintendo rewards on Ebay. This new loyalty program is poo poo.

Nintendo still seems to think a 30% discount is a sale, and that's the biggest laugh for me.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Oh, what, you're not excited by the chance to get a digital bee costume for Miitomo? How is that possible?

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 29, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

30% is a pretty significant discount.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I got free Zelda Picross and already have enough points for WarioWare Touched, without even buying anything, i think it's pretty cool v:shobon:v

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Slur posted:

Nintendo still seems to think a 30% discount is a sale, and that's the biggest laugh for me.

That's literally a sale

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I don't even know what to save up for with my gold coins, considering they expire after what, six months?

I already have Super Mario 64, Six Golden Coins and Metroid Fusion, I don't really want Super Punch-Out, and Donkey Kong Country Returns costs a ridiculous number of gold coins. (And I would only kinda want it.) And I don't have either of the games that there is DLC for. And most of the rewards don't expire for another 3 or 4 months. So I guess I'd better hope the next crop of rewards include something I actually want, or I'm out of luck. What a terrible system.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

In Training posted:

No, you see if it's not .99 or free it's not worth buying!

Oh hey why did all of those mid-tier developers and publishers all die I just don't get it!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

No, you see if it's not .99 or free it's not worth buying!

Oh hey why did all of those mid-tier developers and publishers all die I just don't get it!

This is a pretty disingenuous argument, considering Steam Sales give huge discounts, and yet Steam has far more success stories for mid-tier developers as of late than consoles/handhelds do.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Screw you, Club Nintendo didn't work here anyway. MyNintendo is the vengeance for that humiliation.

Anyway, we'll probably see some new rewards when some of them expire on that day.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

In Training posted:

I thought hey, splatoon discount.

Then I realized I'd spend more getting the coins for the discount and buying a discounted splatoon than I would just buying the same games new at Best Buy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only just now set up MyNintendo and missed out on some sweet Gold Points I could have gotten by buying 6 Castlevania games on the eshop. Oops

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Screw you, Club Nintendo didn't work here anyway. MyNintendo is the vengeance for that humiliation.

Anyway, we'll probably see some new rewards when some of them expire on that day.

You wouldn't prefer a vengeance without expiring coins?

Yeah, I'm sure we will get a new batch then, it's just with the turnover being 3-4 months, and the expiry being after 6 months I'll only have one more shot at getting something I want/don't already have before my coins expire.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you get coins for DLC as well?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

Do you get coins for DLC as well?

No, you don't, only for full games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

No, you don't, only for full games.

Well at least I didn't miss out on all the money I spent on FE DLC.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

jivjov posted:

As long as it was associated with your NNID, it will transfer. They won't download automatically though; you'll have to go into your purchase/download history on the eshop.

How long does it usually take before it hits tour purchase history? It has been a week

I am wondering if somewhere along the line I had two different IDs. I had my 3ds back before Nintendo network existed so maybe that is it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

parasyte posted:

I thought hey, splatoon discount.

Then I realized I'd spend more getting the coins for the discount and buying a discounted splatoon than I would just buying the same games new at Best Buy.

This is really no different from other reward programs, like how Gamestop gives you free $15-20 prizes for spending $300+ Kroger gives you 10 ¢ off gas for every $100 you spend and Banks and their airline miles rewards credit cards.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

thexerox123 posted:

You wouldn't prefer a vengeance without expiring coins?

It's either expiring coins or no coins.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Jarogue posted:

This is really no different from other reward programs, like how Gamestop gives you free $15-20 prizes for spending $300+ Kroger gives you 10 ¢ off gas for every $100 you spend and Banks and their airline miles rewards credit cards.

as I literally just explained it is different (by being worse) than one of their own retailer's rewards program

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

That's literally a sale

shut up jivjov

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
CN > MN. It's not even close.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

shut up jivjov

:wtc:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Frankly, I'm mad that I can't get a Nintendo Power subscriptions with my purchases.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Frankly, I'm mad that I can't get a Nintendo Power subscriptions with my purchases.

There's a fan made one called Nintendo Force that jivjov shills sometimes that's probably a good replacement

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

whoosh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

club nintendo's physical rewards sucked

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Quest For Glory II posted:

My functioning Game and Watch replica is baller but they did away with the real cool stuff early on, yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

A guy in my area's Craigslist has been desperately trying to sell his club Nintendo rewards for upwards of a year at this point while slowly lowering the price.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Help Im Alive posted:

There's a fan made one called Nintendo Force that jivjov shills sometimes that's probably a good replacement

Eh, it's all right. Not really great, but ok.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

A guy in my area's Craigslist has been desperately trying to sell his club Nintendo rewards for upwards of a year at this point while slowly lowering the price.

Don't sign your posts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's not as cool as the guy who's been trying to sell a Rumble Roses E3 2004 branded terry cloth for years while not listing the price (available on request or with a quote), lol.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rexroom posted:

It's either expiring coins or no coins.

No... it was no coins, now it's expiring coins. That's definitely an improvement, but there's nothing saying they couldn't have expanded Club Nintendo or made My Nintendo coins non-expiring... they just chose not to do those things.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
It'd be nice if the rewards included games which Nintendo has localized in their vaults, but never released to the public. Like A.S.H or Soma Bringer.

They did it for Days of Ruin in Japan for Club Nintendo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have tried subscribing to Nintendo Force twice. Each time they hosed up and I never got my stuff in the mail. Communication is extremely slow, as well. It's been 10 days since I wrote this time to say I didn't receive my issue. I got one response five days ago saying maybe my address was wrong. I do not recommend Nintendo Force.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rubiks Pubes posted:

How long does it usually take before it hits tour purchase history? It has been a week

I am wondering if somewhere along the line I had two different IDs. I had my 3ds back before Nintendo network existed so maybe that is it.

When my housemate did a phone in transfer they told him 72 hours and it was done in less than 36.

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah, Nintendo Force is phenomenal. Well worth even the digital subscription...but nothing beats getting an actual magazine in the mail!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kissing a pretty lady beats getting a magazine in the mail
also eating a delicious slice of cheesecake
i bet winning the lottery would too

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
I really dislike My Nintendo's month (?) long turnaround on switching out the games they are offering. While I could understand an extension on offerings for the first month, hopefully they will switch to bi-weekly if they are going to stick with expiring coins. Also, I hope they stop with the useless Miitomo poo poo and give me more stupid 3DS themes or something instead. Hell, I'd take free plays on the badge arcade over Miitomo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Well, here's one more weird consequence of MyNintendo's reward system: Circle Entertainment is considering raising the prices of their games so buyers could get those 10 gold coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if it's the same in the US but in the UK the Picross e games cost £4.49 + the minimum to get coins is £4.50 which kinda sucks since I've bought six of those games