Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Harrow posted:

Funny, that's exactly how I felt when I beat the Dancer on my first try with very little difficulty, then immediately got owned by the Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle. Like, owned hard, shamefully hard. I finished the area and beat the boss there first try and I'm still afraid to show my face in Lothric Castle because those knights will just be there, laughing at me.

That red eye knight is loving trolling you esp if he gets buffed

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
Though I think hes there as a wall to get you to go to consumed kings garden

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Malcolm XML posted:

Though I think hes there as a wall to get you to go to consumed kings garden

Well, it worked, whereupon I was eaten alive by those horrible abyss snake things because I never learned how to fight them. I always sniped the hollows who turned into them before I got close enough to activate them. Just one of those dudes is harder than the Consumed King himself.

Seriously, I can take out Dancer and Dragonslayer Armor barely getting hit but those huge abyss monsters just completely destroy me.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Harrow posted:

Well, it worked, whereupon I was eaten alive by those horrible abyss snake things because I never learned how to fight them. I always sniped the hollows who turned into them before I got close enough to activate them. Just one of those dudes is harder than the Consumed King himself.

Seriously, I can take out Dancer and Dragonslayer Armor barely getting hit but those huge abyss monsters just completely destroy me.

Fire makes them wig out but they are still my most hated enemy after the Jumping Goat Fucks in the the swamp

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Harrow posted:

Hey Tallgeese--

Has anyone figured out what kind of things get you banned in DS3 yet? Like, say I were to replace the Xbox controller icons with Dualshock 4 icons. Is that the kind of thing you think might get flagged?

You can always read the CE forum for unverified reports as to what will/will not get you banned cheat-wise, since I think that's all we have right now. http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=589191&start=1290
This is complicated though by people not knowing the default table opens a debugger.

People who aren't cheating also get warned just for using offline mode.

Has anyone even made a PS4 button mod yet?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is anri's straight sword actually a really powerful weapon (assuming spec'd right), or is that just one of those weird speed run things where it's the most powerful you're going to do while rushing through the game in a certain way?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I just had a host give me a "unexpected disconnection" or whatever the error was right as he died.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
I couldn't walk in Crucifixion Woods for 15 seconds last night without getting invaded by Watchdogs, and I'm horribly overlevelled AND on Xbox One. It was great!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

LibbyM posted:

Is anri's straight sword actually a really powerful weapon (assuming spec'd right), or is that just one of those weird speed run things where it's the most powerful you're going to do while rushing through the game in a certain way?

It's actually one of the best weapons in the game even outside of weird circumstances.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
For anyone else using a slow(er) weapon, have you noticed a higher occurrence of phantom backstabs? But that I mean hitting R1 when in position for a backstab, getting the animation to start, but the enemy doesn't get locked into the animation. I knew it could happen in PvP due to lag, but it's happening to me constantly with a Morning Star in PvE against enemies like the Cathedral Knights. If it happens to you when a Darkwraith is about to do its grab, you're getting hit by it no matter what.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

It's actually one of the best weapons in the game even outside of weird circumstances.

Cool, maybe I'll try a run with it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anal Surgery posted:

Fire makes them wig out but they are still my most hated enemy after the Jumping Goat Fucks in the the swamp

That the leech/uroboros-like thing? Cause fire will do a metric poo poo ton more damage along with stunning them for a good bit.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
For the last week every time I've sat down to play either I get kicked out because they're about to take the severs down or the servers are actually down. :(

I just wanna invade people.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Golden Goat posted:

That the leech/uroboros-like thing? Cause fire will do a metric poo poo ton more damage along with stunning them for a good bit.

Yeah you can usually take them out pretty easily just by hucking fire bombs at them. There does seem to be a delay between stuns which is annoying though - they aren't like those worm dudes where you can just smack them with a torch until they die - after they recover from the fire you won't be able to stun them again for a good 5-10 seconds, which makes meleeing them with a fire weapon a bit riskier than throwing bombs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah you can usually take them out pretty easily just by hucking fire bombs at them. There does seem to be a delay between stuns which is annoying though - they aren't like those worm dudes where you can just smack them with a torch until they die - after they recover from the fire you won't be able to stun them again for a good 5-10 seconds, which makes meleeing them with a fire weapon a bit riskier than throwing bombs.

My fire axe was crapping out nearly 400 a hit though so the initial stun he had was enough to get another swing in.

Do any other elemental infusions have the same effect that fire does on some enemies?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm having to use the drang armor with it because that weighs so little.

Fix poise because VIT's useless otherwise.

VIT adds a fairly okay amount of flat damage reduction which helps against small hits.

Weapon and armor weights are just loving stupid and random. Every weapon bigger than a longsword weighs a loving million tons for no reason.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah, fire helps, though when I was doing Consumed King's Garden I wasn't putting out quite enough damage to take them out during the fire-stun. Then they don't stun again from fire damage, so I got murdered. :smith:

Eventually I just ran past most of them.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well crap, just logged so I could switch toons and now I'm getting nothing but "failed to log in to dark souls 3 game server" error messages on PS4.

Edit: Guess it was a hiccup, back in now.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 29, 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Harrow posted:

There are several good sniping spots in the Garden if you're happy taking them down with a bow.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

Yeah, fire helps, though when I was doing Consumed King's Garden I wasn't putting out quite enough damage to take them out during the fire-stun. Then they don't stun again from fire damage, so I got murdered. :smith:

Eventually I just ran past most of them.

They have about a 4-5 second period after their fire stagger ends where they cannot be fire staggered again. I usually just chuck a Black Firebomb, land a few hits, tumble away, wait 4~ seconds, then hurl another one and repeat.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

tidiox posted:

For anyone else using a slow(er) weapon, have you noticed a higher occurrence of phantom backstabs? But that I mean hitting R1 when in position for a backstab, getting the animation to start, but the enemy doesn't get locked into the animation. I knew it could happen in PvP due to lag, but it's happening to me constantly with a Morning Star in PvE against enemies like the Cathedral Knights. If it happens to you when a Darkwraith is about to do its grab, you're getting hit by it no matter what.

With my normal greatswords (Claymore, Flamberge, for example) I've occasionally had those happen, even with the stationary praying hollows at High Wall.

It's much more disheartening when it happens on actual enemies. A greatsword Cathedral Knight was also my standout most recent time it happened in actual combat. Ow.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Harrow posted:

I just ran past most of them.

That about sums the proper response to those awful abyssal snake things if you're not a ranged build, hell the ones in the garden don't even seem to have a one time bonus drop like the ones on the high wall so there's even less reason to fight them. You don't need to actually fight a single thing in the garden if you're just running to go try and fight the boss again. It's also pretty easy to loot the area without dealing with them as well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vermain posted:

They have about a 4-5 second period after their fire stagger ends where they cannot be fire staggered again. I usually just chuck a Black Firebomb, land a few hits, tumble away, wait 4~ seconds, then hurl another one and repeat.

I'll try that next time. This time I went through with a bow so I did snipe a few of them dead, but then ran past the last couple because I got tired of it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

I'll try that next time. This time I went through with a bow so I did snipe a few of them dead, but then ran past the last couple because I got tired of it.

I would honestly just recommend the latter strategy whenever facing them.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

Section Z posted:

With my normal greatswords (Claymore, Flamberge, for example) I've occasionally had those happen, even with the stationary praying hollows at High Wall.

It's much more disheartening when it happens on actual enemies. A greatsword Cathedral Knight was also my standout most recent time it happened in actual combat. Ow.

Yeah, the first time I had it happen was with an Uchigatana against an NPC invader, so I just thought "That's funny, they're simulating lag." Now it's happening left and right and I can only think it's because the mace weapons are slower.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I loving love birbs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gzcgx/warning_cheaters_can_now_get_you_softbanned_and/

Someone tell me not to be worried about this and regret getting DS3 on PC instead of PS4. I'm sure it's no big deal because this kind of poo poo could've happened in DS2 and never did to me but I'm a paranoid motherfucker so :v:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
What's with the red eyed lothric knights with blue capes? Are they ranking? Do they drop the blue capes?

Wanna blue cape.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I don't suppose anyone has a spare set of undead legion armor and/or greatsword they would be willing to part with would they? I want to start a Guts build and would like to look the part ASAP.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lite_sleepr posted:

What's with the red eyed lyric knights with blue capes? Are they ranking? Do they drop the blue capes?

Wanna blue cape.

Blue capes are a step above red capes in terms of damage and defenses. They only really start appearing in Lothric Castle proper, and the red eyed ones are extremely deadly.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

What's with the red eyed lothric knights with blue capes? Are they ranking? Do they drop the blue capes?

Wanna blue cape.

The red-eyed guys with blue capes are stronger and big jerks. They're such jerks that they'll never drop their capes.

You can only get the red ones :smith:

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Any word on when the patch buffing magic is hitting on PC? I heard it was supposed to be yesterday but it wasn't out last night it seemed.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Harrow posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gzcgx/warning_cheaters_can_now_get_you_softbanned_and/

Someone tell me not to be worried about this and regret getting DS3 on PC instead of PS4. I'm sure it's no big deal because this kind of poo poo could've happened in DS2 and never did to me but I'm a paranoid motherfucker so :v:

Offline mode.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Xeras posted:

Any word on when the patch buffing magic is hitting on PC? I heard it was supposed to be yesterday but it wasn't out last night it seemed.

No idea. It was supposed to be yesterday but it hasn't happened yet.

I'm looking forward to it because of the rebalance to twinblades.

lite_sleepr posted:

Offline mode.

But then I can't PvP or Darkmoon or co-op or do like a third of the things I enjoy in a Souls game.

I should've gotten it on PS4 shouldn't I

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Apparently the PC version now has a hack that can cause you to get banned or reset back to default level.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Harrow posted:

No idea. It was supposed to be yesterday but it hasn't happened yet.

I'm looking forward to it because of the rebalance to twinblades.

But then I can't PvP or Darkmoon or co-op or do like a third of the things I enjoy in a Souls game.

I should've gotten it on PS4 shouldn't I

Don't like PvP in single player jrpgs.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I feel like someone typo'd the weight on the Dragonslayer Swordspear and then never fixed it. This thing requires only 16 Strength to one-hand but weighs more than some weapons that require 25 Strength to one-hand.

It is seriously hindering my fashion souls.

Even worse when you want to pair it with something heavy like a Bonewheel Shield or Smough parts. I just accepted my fate and pumped Vit and dedicated my ring slots to it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Even worse when you want to pair it with something heavy like a Bonewheel Shield or Smough parts. I just accepted my fate and pumped Vit and dedicated my ring slots to it.

On the bright side, your dude looks sweet, so probably worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What is the best route to go with upgrades for most folks? Is refined always going to be better than RAW or is there a specific path we should be following?