Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

grack posted:

Guys, horrible news, Porchcat II died last week. I learned this talking to my neighbour today, because apparently Porchcat II was leaving dead animals for a number of people in my neighbourhood.

:rip: Porchcat II. You were the most socially responsible cat.

Poor guy :( I hope it was painless at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Poor guy :( I hope it was painless at least.

One of my neighbours found her really sick and took her to a vet, and she died there. The vet's best guess was that she ate a rat that had been poisoned.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Poor porchcat II.

If it makes anyone feel better my own porchcat is still alive and well and continues to just sit on the porch at night, make squeeky mews, and then run away anytime I try to photograph him.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
Pokey, time to call you out.

Ok, you have an inner ear problem. You've gotten used to it now and you rarely fall. You're jumpy and runny and happy again, and you can even go up and down the stairs with ease. We cool on that.

STOP making GBS threads IN THE UPSTAIRS HALLWAY! I put dogflaps on BOTH the doors going into the back fence area so long ago. You at least went to the garage to crap, now it's Poop Upstairs or Never Poop! I'm going to punch you so hard you'll wish I didn't punch you so hard....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dorrthrax
Feb 2, 2013
Nori, you are a dumb. You bark uncontrollably at the sound of jingling keys and revenge pee on the floor whenever I kick you out of my bed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Rayne I swear to god if you piss in the dogs' crate one more time :argh: We changed all the litter boxes today and we do so regularly. There's no reason for this. You're not sick, the vet said you're the picture of health though you could stand to lose a little weight, so stop being a dick to the dog.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

grack posted:

Guys, horrible news, Porchcat II died last week. I learned this talking to my neighbour today, because apparently Porchcat II was leaving dead animals for a number of people in my neighbourhood.

:rip: Porchcat II. You were the most socially responsible cat.

Sorry to hear that. :smith:

GoatShaver
Nov 12, 2010
You're cool, Stanley. I'm glad we picked you up from the humane society, you big lovable black lab mix.

Except when you destroy every set of blinds in the house, the trim by the front door, and now put a hole in the drywall as well as punched through the screen. You anxious gently caress.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

GoatShaver posted:

You're cool, Stanley. I'm glad we picked you up from the humane society, you big lovable black lab mix.

Except when you destroy every set of blinds in the house, the trim by the front door, and now put a hole in the drywall as well as punched through the screen. You anxious gently caress.

pictures of the shame-ee is always helpful so we can visualize the hate.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mora, you dumb fat gently caress, I don't know how you got into the apartment building's HVAC system, but the next time you do and meow for 3 hours and they have to call the fire department to cut you out, you're on your own :froggonk:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I hate to say this, but all the porch cats died because no one let them in.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I wasn't going to say anything but yeah this is what happens

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Puppy Galaxy posted:

we do highly encourage all porchcats to come in.

always let the cat in

even when the cat is a dog

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

We had a visit from porchdog once, so I brought her home and let her in. Then I put a string on her and took her outside, and she really wanted to go back to the park for some reason, so we went to the park, turned the corner a bit and found her owner who had quite the story to tell about a hole in the construction fence behind his place.

That was less "rescuing her" and more "stealing her and then taking her for a walk".

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

flakeloaf posted:

We had a visit from porchdog once, so I brought her home and let her in. Then I put a string on her and took her outside, and she really wanted to go back to the park for some reason, so we went to the park, turned the corner a bit and found her owner who had quite the story to tell about a hole in the construction fence behind his place.

That was less "rescuing her" and more "stealing her and then taking her for a walk".

:3:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Max stop peeing on the carpet when someone approaches you after you get a chew bone! You are not being a bad boy, noone is going to take the bone away. It's your own fault that you take everything you SHOULDN'T eat and shred to the same place.

gently caress.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I offered. Porchcat II was much more interested in keeping the neighborhood rat population under control. Also the bird population, and at times, the wild rabbit population.

swenblack
Jan 14, 2004
Pooser, you are a lovely cat. It's endearing that you bring us mice, but please kill them first. I don't like waking up to a live mouse in my bed. Seriously, what the gently caress, cat. You have one job. One job.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Eh, porchcats you let in become in cats that want to go out. Sometimes it works great but very often it's a wormy in/out cat that gets hit by a car.

e: bestcats are ones who love looking at the outside but are terrified of it.

I present Lydia: way to eat that centipede, no way was I ready to deal with that blasphemous monstrosity on a Monday morning. Except you ate all the leaves off my spider plant and hork every time. Why.

Also Ваня I'm super glad that Lydia has gotten you out of your shell and you aren't spending months living in a hidey-hole rubbermaid bin in the basement or behind a bookshelf upstairs only coming out to meyowl at the injustice of it all and then eat food and poo poo in a box but ffs could you not have ONCE been friendly to me? It's like my affection is worth nothing if I don't sniff your rear end and lick you like your new GF does :(

Glad you guys worked your poo poo out and now have a mutually-beneficial oldcat-tinycat licking thing that would be pretty hosed up if you were human. But you're not so yay kitties I guess.

hogmartin fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 30, 2016

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

hogmartin posted:

Eh, porchcats you let in become in cats that want to go out. Sometimes it works great but very often it's a wormy in/out cat that gets hit by a car.

Why would it be wormy? You give them medicine to prevent that.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Worm medicine gets the ones they have, not the ones they'll get next week when they get out :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

My cat goes out and doesn't have worms. She gets a Milbenax (note I might have name wrong, it's something like that) pill once a quarter. Pretty standard here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I live in an apartment so Cooper was not a porchcat so much as a stairwaycat but he was a little scrawny stray when we took him in. He is very curious about the outside world but it's not like it's hard to keep a cat inside. We were a little worried about him making a break for it at first so we got him one of those Ssscat things that blasts him with compressed air if he got too close to the door.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Don't let your cats out, people. :( Completely aside from the risks to the cat, in/out and feral cats kill for fun and tend to devastate the local wildlife.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Harriet. I love you and I created a fenced in area in the living room for you to live in without destroying the rest of it cause I am roomate hunting. You are not Steve McQueen, do not escape it. Also please don't escape then use the section of carpet I scrubbed for 3 hours as a toilet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

swenblack posted:

Pooser, you are a lovely cat. It's endearing that you bring us mice, but please kill them first. I don't like waking up to a live mouse in my bed. Seriously, what the gently caress, cat. You have one job. One job.

Looks like he's already doing a good job at his job of being a cat :confused:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

swenblack posted:

Pooser thinks you're a pretty crappy hunter and he wants you to do better because he cares.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Puppy Galaxy posted:

He was content to live inside my garage at least. But he hated being inside. All he did at night was meow at the door to be let into the garage.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pooser thinks you're a pretty crappy hunter and he wants you to do better because he cares.

When my folks were young and living in an apt in St Louis, they had two cats. One of whom was bold and would escape out the window and down the fire escape. They swear that he always returned with a roach in his mouth for the other cat to play with since it was such a wimp and never tried to break free.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Hodge stop throwing up on my bed you cat bastard.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Isaac the washing machine is NOT possessed by ghosts and as a result you do NOT have to spend the entire evening, for the last week, yelling at it.

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Ungrateful bastards. Both of you.

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

As for you two....how can you possibly poo poo more than you eat? By now you should be negative- defying the laws of physics or something.

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
Momo you loving rear end in a top hat stop peeing outside your box when I try to sleep in. You can pee without me watching you. You only do it when I sleep in. I hate your stupid face.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I made up the pillows and blanket all comfy to take a nap, walked away to get a sandwich before said nap. Laid down on top of the blankets.

Onto a cat inside said blankets.

I don't even know which one it is since they're still under there.

...Now another cat has come to attack the mystery cat under the blankets.

Goddamnit cats.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Zaftig posted:

I hate your stupid face.

No you don't

Crazedscot
May 1, 2007

I love you smug fox
Eve, your poop stinks and we're running out of alternate brands of cat food to switch you to. I'd like to say the best case scenario is we'll give you away but if we keep waking up to the stench of death wafting along the hall from your litterbox, you're probably looking at a pillow case, a brick and a trip to Leith Harbour. I'll miss you. Probably.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

meriruka posted:

As for you two....how can you possibly poo poo more than you eat? By now you should be negative- defying the laws of physics or something.

Welcome to the wonderful world of owning lion heads. There is a reason mine is known as the poo poo lord. Also because she is pretty lovely sometimes to me

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious

Puppy Galaxy posted:

No you don't

He doesn't even know how to use a bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Garbage dog. Trash bear. Hideous Beast.

Dell, I don't know this, because i don't have security cameras, but I have to believe that the reason you spread wet, smelly trash everywhere on the first floor is some delightful, misguided attempt to garner favor with my terrible cat. Like, if you feed him the thimble's worth of tuna at the bottom of the can, maybe he'll stop hogging the good spot on the couch? Hand to god, I don't think you even eat anything, you just decorate the floor with shredded bags of trash like the police are coming over here to arrest me for clean floors...