Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
the science in my semifuturistic zombie arcade shooter is just too unbelievable my god

these zommans should swing only twice TWICE after i hit them with my hanzo steel :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

drat horror queefs posted:

the science in my semifuturistic zombie arcade shooter is just too unbelievable my god

these zommans should swing only twice TWICE after i hit them with my hanzo steel :goonsay:

I think the point is more that getting a headshot doesn't reduce the threat level that much faster than plugging it full of bullets? I mean this kneecaps Commando and Sharpshooter viability because they're depending on those headshots to quickly reduce Zed damage potential, and poo poo like a Gorefast gives absolutely no fucks. I agree with Psion, a headshot should reduce a Zed to a drunken, blind swinging state, they should not continue to be aggressive and seek the player out. A good example is Scrake behavior after decapitation.

Has nothing to do with scientific accuracy of cranial removal you goony goon.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lining up headshots is fun in early rounds but in later rounds the game is designed to prevent you from doing it, so classes that DEPEND on headshots (at this point, just the commando) feel lovely. Gunslinger does enough damage that you can just body-shot most things, and the things where it would be helpful to do headshots (scrakes, FPs), well, the meta is such that berserker + field medic is all that really keeps the group alive anyway on difficulties past Hard.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Lining up headshots is fun in early rounds but in later rounds the game is designed to prevent you from doing it, so classes that DEPEND on headshots (at this point, just the commando) feel lovely. Gunslinger does enough damage that you can just body-shot most things, and the things where it would be helpful to do headshots (scrakes, FPs), well, the meta is such that berserker + field medic is all that really keeps the group alive anyway on difficulties past Hard.

Nope.

The problem with commando is that he doesn't kill the big boys fast enough even with consistent headshots. You need to drop whatever you're doing and spend at least a second of uninterrupted fire just to kill a siren or husk, and a full ammo dump just to decap a scrake. This is coming from my own experience as somebody who can consistently headshot as commando in any situation, and the exact criticism of my dumb hacker buddy who made a literal aimbot for the game and made the exact same observation. Commando is just easy to be a little under "okay" and impossible to be great.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Basically, Commando would super duper like a recoil reduction passive and Gunslingers headshot damage bonus skill, especially since the Commando would be able to make way more use of it. Other ideas might be SLAP vs Frangible rounds, one increases penetration to hit multiple Zeds (and ignores Zed armored bits) but a slight damage reduction, the other increases damage scaled on Zed level (so basically not noticeable on smaller stuff to very noticeable on bigger guys) but reduces penetration to zero.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I can't be sure but I don't think crossbow bolts penetrate multiple zeds, despite always burying themselves in the surface behind your shot. That seems like a strange omission also.

e:

FaustianQ posted:

I think the point is more that getting a headshot doesn't reduce the threat level that much faster than plugging it full of bullets? I mean this kneecaps Commando and Sharpshooter viability because they're depending on those headshots to quickly reduce Zed damage potential, and poo poo like a Gorefast gives absolutely no fucks. I agree with Psion, a headshot should reduce a Zed to a drunken, blind swinging state, they should not continue to be aggressive and seek the player out. A good example is Scrake behavior after decapitation.

also yes, thank you for stating that better than I could. All of this post. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 29, 2016

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

FaustianQ posted:

tbf he killed the gorefast when it was in melee range, so it got to spend the whole 4 seconds swinging at him. But having a less-aggro melee ability for the zeds that do the most damage in it would be nice

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

Nope.

The problem with commando is that he doesn't kill the big boys fast enough even with consistent headshots. You need to drop whatever you're doing and spend at least a second of uninterrupted fire just to kill a siren or husk, and a full ammo dump just to decap a scrake. This is coming from my own experience as somebody who can consistently headshot as commando in any situation, and the exact criticism of my dumb hacker buddy who made a literal aimbot for the game and made the exact same observation. Commando is just easy to be a little under "okay" and impossible to be great.

Wait, wait, even with an aimbot putting every round possible into zed heads, Commando is still just kinda meh? Outstanding.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ClonedPickle posted:

Wait, wait, even with an aimbot putting every round possible into zed heads, Commando is still just kinda meh? Outstanding.

The DPS output on Commando is really pathetic and they clearly intended to make up for it by giving Commando all kinds of side perks, almost none of which matter in the slightest.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Do z'd still home in on you when headless? That was always really funny.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

dogstile posted:

Do z'd still home in on you when headless? That was always really funny.

Yes. Roughly half the time you have to continue shooting the gorefast or it will continue slashing like nothing happened.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
That's probably the worst thing about commando. A single bullet will pop the head but then you got to spend another 3 finishing it off before it can walk up to someone and attack. There is no such thing as popping a gorefast over someone's shoulder and saving them from damage. And since gorefasts are a staple common trash zed, this happens. All. The. Time. I hope it's up there on their list of "poo poo to fix."

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How does this game still not save both length and difficulty for server browser filter?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SinineSiil posted:

How does this game still not save both length and difficulty for server browser filter?

It did. They broke it after the versus update.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Does the boss randomly have different health each time? Just played in a full group that took no more than a minute to beat the boss (or were we just that good?). Whereas, I've played in a few rounds with a full group that seemed like it took forever to take down the boss.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

iLikeMidgets posted:

Does the boss randomly have different health each time? Just played in a full group that took no more than a minute to beat the boss (or were we just that good?). Whereas, I've played in a few rounds with a full group that seemed like it took forever to take down the boss.

If Patty gets blocked from an easy escape route and there are a bunch of high-level characters, especially on Hard or below, he can be easily killed before his first regen.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If Patty gets blocked from an easy escape route and there are a bunch of high-level characters, especially on Hard or below, he can be easily killed before his first regen.

it also depends on if they're making an attempt exploit weaknesses, to shoot him with the microwave beam in his right arm/head/floater tentacle instead of the scar20 in his left for example

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just saw a Hans literally skate toward someone allowing him to get into melee ranger when he was nowhere near them, I've also seen the patriarch pull the same poo poo with a one in the pipe.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.gamesradar.com/killing-floor-2-on-ps4-is-a-grand-old-co-op-zombie-bashing-time/

PS4 version no longer vaporware.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Well that makes me feel better, hope they can stick to that claim of a 2016 release date(now if only Vermintide would announce a proper release date for its console version as well)

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

holy poo poo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It amazes me how grognards seemingly want an HoE that nobody can beat and that medic and zerker need more and more nerfs.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I can understand wanting HoE to chew you up, spit you out, and piss on your grave - if you have that difficulty down to a science, you basically have KF2 down to a science and there's not a super compelling reason to continue playing.

That said, the way people generally suggest going about that is really, really stupid.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I feel that getting through HoE should be a really rare thing. It should be absolutely non-stop crazy and near impossible to complete. If you don't want to experience that, play the next difficulty down.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
same

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

in news that surprises nobody, Hans is still poo poo! 66 armor / 88 health to 15/60 to dead in two hits. Time between those two attacks? I counted, 20 frames. And since Shadowplay works at 60 fps thaaaaaaaat's 1/3 of one second.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I would not be unhappy if Hans were removed completely.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
It's the loving melee rush. Just turn that that gently caress off. If you get close to him and he swipes fine, what-the-gently caress-ever. But this bullshit where he locks onto someone and rushes them down until they're dead is the dirt worst.

removeplayer indeed.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Psion posted:

in news that surprises nobody, Hans is still poo poo! 66 armor / 88 health to 15/60 to dead in two hits. Time between those two attacks? I counted, 20 frames. And since Shadowplay works at 60 fps thaaaaaaaat's 1/3 of one second.

At this point, the dev quote "Hans is easy, just pull out your knife" has become an in-joke for the group I play with.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I must be the only person that enjoys the Hans fight.

But I will admit that any fight that requires a particular team composition is not good game design.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm okay with the Hans fight because it's basically an assured victory if I go Berserker and we've got a Medic. The only problem is that it's a very slow and often times uninteresting fight.

Actually, that reminds me of what my friends and I started doing. We kept getting Hans over Kevin nonstop, so I decided to start keeping track of how many times it happened to contest with Tripwire's claim that the spawn rate is 50/50. The moment I started doing that, we kept getting nonstop Kevins over Hans. Right now the count is 3 Hans's versus 12 Kevins.

It's as if they know.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Director is watching you.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Alteisen posted:

I must be the only person that enjoys the Hans fight.

But I will admit that any fight that requires a particular team composition is not good game design.

I like being a Bserker against Hans because when everyone is running away from him I am running toward him. It's so satisfying to wack him on the head with the Pulverizer.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

What difficulty was that

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMMxd_65VY

More footage of my friends and I being stupid in bad custom maps.

Weirdoman
Jun 12, 2001

I was walking down the street when I saw a bovus. And then it hit me...I was hit by a bovus.
Did that bloat at the end gain the poke attack from the dark souls slimes?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117655

Render of the M14 rifle and the reveal that Sharpshooters grenade will be a freeze grenade.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

if you can't do fire and ice combo exposions with, say, molotov and a freeze grenade there is no justice in this world

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Luchadork posted:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117655

Render of the M14 rifle and the reveal that Sharpshooters grenade will be a freeze grenade.

I wonder if anyone is going to complain that the 2 in that liquid nitrogen abbreviation is supposed to be subscript instead of superscript.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Theta Zero posted:

I wonder if anyone is going to complain that the 2 in that liquid nitrogen abbreviation is supposed to be subscript instead of superscript.

It's made of liquid nitrogen squares.