Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Warrior has the same problem. Scars of dusk is just better than everything else you have. But I enjoy the silly ammunt of CC warriors have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
In my opinion the fastest place to level at would be sausans. It requires a group, but 50-53 will fly by there.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Blocking is something you get used to popping when you are about to get hit. Valk sort of gets one dimensional when leveling because the ultimate shield throw completely wrecks everything and there is no point in using anything else while killing mobs except maybe the light spear attack that buffs your crit rating.

Yeah. Valkyrie in pve is only sidestep, celestial spear, and spinning shield. It's extremely effective, but somewhat monotonous. :(

At least the lance awakening will change things up a bit. If anyone wants to see it, this guy did an almost 10 hour stream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3xgZsyLagM

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Speaking of the links, one of them says the following: "First thing I did was make 4 characters. Abuse the early on easy contribution points.
You can get about 80 CP in a day."

What early on contribution points is this in reference to? Beginner quests? I got bogged down trying to do them all on my tamer, and it definitely took more than a day. So I'm assuming this is in reference to some specific sets of quests, or something. Anyone know?

Good question

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

WTF is going on with the servers right now?

no wonder, half of the instances just shat themselves

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 29, 2016

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cao Ni Ma posted:

WTF is going on with the servers right now?

CM_Jouska posted:

Just got word back from the Tech Team, there is a network issue between the external server and our server. Once I know more I will update again.

The Velia, Balenos, Clapheon, and Serendia channels seem to be less affected

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

http://bdo-fashion.com/sorceress-cartier/

:yikes:

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
RIP SERVER 2016-2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

When I said I wanted pants this isn't what I meant!

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

That's line for line the Sorceress awakening concept art. The tamer's outfit was a carbon copy of her most recent concept art too, so I was wondering if they'd do that but reeeeally hoping they wouldn't.

From the other art that we've seen I'm guessing we can look forward to awesome awakening costumes for berserker, warrior, and wizard, and one equally stupid for witch

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CM_Jouska posted:

Alright the Tech Team has reported that all channels except the following should be good now;

Edan Serendia 2
Orwen Valencia 2

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

gently caress!

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

grats

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

People figured out how to link to any item in the database apparently. That's one swanky necklace though!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In wushu, the chat was html, goontang found the escape character and started linking anything including pictures from the database. Then we found out how to link to outside urls.

I hope it is the same problem in this game.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Is this the first case of XSS potential within a MMO?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flyboi posted:

Is this the first case of XSS potential within a MMO?

The game has a lot potential but lol, how or why Duam won the bid for publishing is a mystery. This is their first publishing any game and it shows.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Snatch Duster posted:

The game has a lot potential but lol, how or why Duam won the bid for publishing is a mystery. This is their first publishing any game and it shows.

I was actually just thinking about this but guys do everyone a favor and don't say how this was done

BDO runs as administrator on your computer. Depending on how that chat code works there's high potential someone can send out malware to everyone in BDO and running as an admin process will make installing that crap a simplistic task.

Has anyone reported this to Daum?

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

reported that we could link html pics in chat in completely different game, age of wushu? or that any item from the game's db can be linked in chat, same as in a bunch of other games. no, probably not.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

You goddamn retards they're linking items within the game's database.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Suddenly my policy of kicking any dentist who links better gear than I have looks pretty good.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So folks were going on about hidden luck stat a week ago, now the new hotness is some classes have higher weights when loot drops. Redditors are claiming Warriors and Valks have the best loot weights out of any class while sorcs and berzerkers have the worst.

All this speculation about poo poo in this game is great and most of it is bullshit, however this is might be true. Look at Xzov as an example.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

If they're all that suspicious, maybe it's time to pull out the full FFXI rumor mill.
E: directional facing, day of the week (in-game and real), time of day, etc.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 29, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hy_C posted:

You goddamn retards they're linking items within the game's database.

yah where do you think images are guy

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
To any Bladers/Plums out there who are pressed for skill points, both Chase 2 and Ultimate: Chase are broken and do literally nothing, so you can save some points there.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
After many test from various people at many different DP values it's looking like DP actually doesn't affect Musa / Maehwa at all, whether you are 150 DP or 0 you are taking same damage. However there are conflicting test where people are experiencing a difference, but majority do not.

If this is true and it's looking like it is, the two classes are pretty much broken and unplayable at this point. They are also testing in the thread if our AP is bugged or the % on skills are bugged because of the lack of damage, but there is no overwhelming evidence for that yet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

After many test from various people at many different DP values it's looking like DP actually doesn't affect Musa / Maehwa at all, whether you are 150 DP or 0 you are taking same damage.

lol if true

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Snatch Duster posted:

After many test from various people at many different DP values it's looking like DP actually doesn't affect Musa / Maehwa at all, whether you are 150 DP or 0 you are taking same damage. However there are conflicting test where people are experiencing a difference, but majority do not.

If this is true and it's looking like it is, the two classes are pretty much broken and unplayable at this point. They are also testing in the thread if our AP is bugged or the % on skills are bugged because of the lack of damage, but there is no overwhelming evidence for that yet.

lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently that bug has been confirmed by CM_Jouska and Daum is looking into it. hahahha

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Snatch Duster posted:

Apparently that bug has been confirmed by CM_Jouska and Daum is looking into it. hahahha

Is this bug only on NA/EU? Because if this thing has been around over in KR and Russia all this time then :vince:

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

LOL. Well, on the bright side this narrows things down to Wizard or Warrior for next alt

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

exp event this week end since servers went fucky

also there is a section of the forum for reporting bots and hackers. You get prizes if you get it right.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
That bug has not been confirmed by a CM, he said he'd ask the devs about it.

If it exists, then it doesn't happen all the time. I don't think I've experienced it.

Chase 2 and ultimate Chase are useless junk skills though.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

exp event this week end since servers went fucky

Combat or life skills?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Combat or life skills?

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/78684-na-server-stability-bonus-exp-weekend/

just combat

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

So folks were going on about hidden luck stat a week ago, now the new hotness is some classes have higher weights when loot drops. Redditors are claiming Warriors and Valks have the best loot weights out of any class while sorcs and berzerkers have the worst.

All this speculation about poo poo in this game is great and most of it is bullshit, however this is might be true. Look at Xzov as an example.

My friend who is a valk, and I as a sorc, farmed hexe for about two hours. I got 6 blackstones and a witches earring, he got 2 blackstones.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah I realized I could sack up and do my own googling, but you beat me back here. Thanks, lol

That's honestly a good thing, my tamer is starved for combat points and if it was life skills too I'd probably just keep doing that. Time to put my new Yuria weapon and Ridell earrings to use and start grindin'!

Edit: "we would like to rectify the matter by providing some bonus EXP this weekend as well as a GM's Beginner Lucky Box for the trouble." What the gently caress is a GM Beginner's Lucky Box. That sounds like a lunch special at the local Chinese buffet

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Check your mail in game if you were affected by the NA server outtages. You get a luck box which has a chance of dropping a Liverto Weapons bundle among other things.

I got a few weapon blackstones.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

diapermeat posted:

Check your mail in game if you were affected by the NA server outtages. You get a luck box which has a chance of dropping a Liverto Weapons bundle among other things.

Does it matter what character you open it on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

diapermeat posted:

How do they determine if you were affected by this or not, wasn't pretty much everybody affected by this?