Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

When I worked my old job I'd have to do conference calls with Chris Christie and his people over the Fenimore landfill. Basically this landfill was leaking chemicals into a nearby river because the mudcap broke, which is kinda standard by our company's work. But to Christie this was the utmost importance to fix and couldn't wait a single loving second, and because of this he threatened to award our three contracts with the NJDEP to two other rival companies that didn't have the manpower or the contractor connections to complete the job efficiently or cheaply.

Turns out the township of Roxbury and Morris County are the highest voter constituents for Christie and it was an election year. He is, without a doubt, one of the biggest pieces of poo poo we ever elected to governership and this includes John "gently caress every teacher im going to skull gently caress teachers" Corzine.

He did say thanks buddy to me once tho.

Of all Chris Christie stories I've heard, "He wanted us to stop a chemical leak into (I presume?) drinking water" is pretty low ranking in repulsiveness tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LiquidFriend posted:

I got a feeling Jamaal is going to lose a step and I kinda wish they traded him to like Dallas before Elliot was taken. I sure hope I am wrong, but he's getting old and 2 torn ACL's might finally get him.

On the other hand, the 2 ACL tears happened very early in their seasons (Games 1 and 5 right?) and so he basically was saved from an extra ~500-600 touches and might even play longer plus ACL tear rehab is pretty advanced these days

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Of all Chris Christie stories I've heard, "He wanted us to stop a chemical leak into (I presume?) drinking water" is pretty low ranking in repulsiveness tbh

Nah you gotta work the job to understand. We're totally capable of filling it in and the leaks weren't nearly as bad as he was making it out to be. We have sites called 'superfund' sites where basically companies come in, dump chemicals, then either go out of business or leave the state. Of all the superfund sites in NJ, the highest concentration and the most needy to be fixed are in places like Newark, Paterson, Camden, and most other high industrial cities. They're priority #1, where basically people are actually getting poisoned every day from drinking the water. The Fenimore mudcap wasn't exactly at this stage and meanwhile we were getting harassment calls for the Christie office threatening to pull our contracts, which is a big loving no-no, those are rewarded off of merit and statistics from the companies, not political games.

All the higher ups were super pissed both from a business standpoint with having our contracts threatened, which would have led to massive layoffs, and from an ethical standpoint where Christie was willingly letting inner city people get poisoned over people in a countryside township who weren't in real danger yet. Pretty much everyone blamed the election year as Christie's highest constituents come from outside NJ's highest concentrated inner city areas. It was a total scumbag move.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So are the Cowboys only sorta dumb or REALLY dumb for passing on Ramsey for Elliott?

I mean I would have preferred Ramsey also but thought Elliott was a close second choice, I think he can come comparably close to DeMarco's '14 production behind Dallas' offensive line while being less injury prone, and his blocking skills will hopefully help Romo not get killed over the next few years.

I thought the Cowboys were set at RB with Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden as a back-up? Did Jerry just fall in love with Elliot and do what Jerry does best?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The people of Newark are already dead

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Trast posted:

I thought the Cowboys were set at RB with Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden as a back-up? Did Jerry just fall in love with Elliot and do what Jerry does best?

100%

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Karl Joseph is the same size as Polamalu, Bob Sanders, Earl Thomas and lots of other tiny jack'd up! safeties that are/were always injured

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/725865152747184128
https://twitter.com/ChrisSedenka/status/725866402192711686

What's not to like?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Karl Joseph hurts himself tackling, that's what's not to like. Also he's bad at covering anything other than the flats. It's like the Raiders made a mistake and then the Falcons were like gently caress THAT let us make a bigger mistake

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Doltos posted:

Karl Joseph hurts himself tackling, that's what's not to like. Also he's bad at covering anything other than the flats.

:ssh: minor details

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Im offended by all these people doubting Karl Joseph

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Doltos posted:

We have sites called 'superfund' sites

I must say I've always been a little uneasy living near the Lipari Landfill.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't like the Texans' selection at all (would have preferred Doctson) and I can only hope the Texans know what they are doing. Fuller screamed bust to me more than any other first rounder leading up to the draft.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mike Rodak

New Bills DE Shaq Lawson says he appreciated how Rex Ryan just talked football with him at the combine. He said other teams asked him bizarre questions such as, "How would you kill someone?" and "Who was the fourth president of the United States?"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
shotgun, James Monroe

I'm so bored at work right now and all I have going on tonight is the Pacers game and the draft

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Wait Tunsil was getting poo poo from McShay for coming out and saying the truth?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

He said other teams asked him bizarre questions such as, "How would you kill someone?"

This had to be Caldwell's question, right?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

For all you Hackenberg lovers out there via Tony Pauline.

quote:

Christian Hackenberg's name has been mentioned quite a bit. Your thoughts on him maybe landing with the Jets?

A: I expect Hackenberg to be off the board by the 45th pick. Chicago, Miami, and Dallas have a lot of interest. One player the Jets like is Jeff Driskel of Louisiana Tech, who's a last-day pick with a big arm. But I don't know if he's any sort of upgrade over Bryce Petty.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ozu posted:

The RSP with Jene Bremel is super long but very informative. He doesn't quite have the polish a guy like Lavonte David had coming out but he does have that potential. Rangy linebackers that can stay on the field on 3rd down and cover TEs are only increasing in value with all the spread concepts in use.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/04/22/rsp-film-room-no-82-lb-darron-lee-wjene-bramel/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626093-ohio-states-darron-lee-is-ideal-modern-era-linebacker

Thanks for these, I'm well on my way to convincing myself this was the best possible choice for the Jets now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Jesus christ Miami don't follow up the perfect draft pick by being pants on head retarded

Pat White 2.0 but instead of not being able to take a hit he'll take all of them and just no be able to play quarterback cause he sucks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans just confirmed Fuller's bust status, gave him Mallett's number

Fair enough

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Did any of those teams watch 1 second of Hackenberg's game tape?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Waroduce posted:

Jesus christ Miami don't follow up the perfect draft pick by being pants on head retarded

Pat White 2.0 but instead of not being able to take a hit he'll take all of them and just no be able to play quarterback cause he sucks

Everyone in the know seems to think Miami is trying to trade up. But it appears to be for Myles Jack

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Karl Joseph is the same size as Polamalu, Bob Sanders, Earl Thomas and lots of other tiny jack'd up! safeties that are/were always injured

Earl Thomas hasn't missed a game in 6 years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/726111992923082752

Ok I think I'm on board with Will "Samson" Fuller now

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

Did any of those teams watch 1 second of Hackenberg's game tape?

Or consider for a second what it means that the Texans apparently have no interest in him.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

fsif posted:

Mike Rodak

New Bills DE Shaq Lawson says he appreciated how Rex Ryan just talked football with him at the combine. He said other teams asked him bizarre questions such as, "How would you kill someone?" and "Who was the fourth president of the United States?"
I find it hilarious that the team that drafted OJ Simpson *didn't* ask this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Raku posted:

Or consider for a second what it means that the Texans apparently have no interest in him.

The Texans just signed a 25 year old QB to an $18m/year deal though

Hack has future hall of famer written all over him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Reggie Nelson can take Joseph under his wing and teach him how to hit the upper body like a monster and give someone a concussion very safely

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/726111992923082752

Ok I think I'm on board with Will "Samson" Fuller now

Oh boy a forrest gump to go with JJ "Paul Bunyan" Watt.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean in the same universe that Osweiler earns that contract I bet Hack becomes a top QB so let's all go pants on head retarded

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please trade up and draft hack Dallas nothing in this draft could make me laugh harder than that

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

pizza valentine posted:

This had to be Caldwell's question, right?

Clearly Belichick's, he wants to make sure if he drafts another murderer they know how to get away with it.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

waah posted:

I find it hilarious that the team that drafted OJ Simpson *didn't* ask this.

How quickly we forget Rae Carruth.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy with the Rankins pick for the Saints. Wanted Jack, but was surprised when everyone else passed too.

I am cautiously optimistic for year 2 of the Jeff Ireland era.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ifedi seems like a reach, and I'm not sure how to react to him. I guess the pessimist in me is saying "Tom Cable would have ruined any OL from the draft regardless".

TEHJOE posted:

How quickly we forget Rae Carruth.

At least OJ waited until retirement to kill someone and not soil the name of the NFL.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Ozu posted:

Can't wait for the Bears to spend a 2nd round pick on the poor man's Jay Cutler

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I'm fine with the Paxton Lynch pick. It's a shame he probably won't be relevant in 2016, even with Buttfumble as our QB, but hey, you win one championship with a mediocre quarterback you can do it again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/726123007006117889

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
what a baby

• Locked thread