Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Goodpancakes posted:

They should have paid guns and roses to do a welcome to the gungeon remix of welcome to the jungle. SMH.

Is there a gun with a Guns and Roses reference in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Who did I manage to piss off that the second floor shop only had the standard three pickups and prime primer then the third floor store had standard three pickups and a key?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Carecat posted:

Who did I manage to piss off that the second floor shop only had the standard three pickups and prime primer then the third floor store had standard three pickups and a key?

IMO this should be slightly rebalanced and all stores should have:

3 pickups (Hearts, Ammo, Keys)
Blanks
1 gun
1 passive/active

Is there percentage rates for stores to have Cursula/Sell Creep/Old Red/Goopton ?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The bloody scarf lets you do awesome things if you can take the moment to place your teleport spot, especially against dragun, but when dodging normally it just gets me hit a lot.

FrickenMoron posted:

If you mean the flawless bonus, just get better at the game? The early bosses patterns seriously arent very hard.

Telling someone to unironically get good doesn't make snowball mechanics any better. There's a point where you aren't really going to lose to any bosses on floor 1 or 2, but maybe your weapons aren't as good or you're a little slow that day or whatever and you dodge a quarter of a second late one time during the fight. Congrats, you are now at a substantial disadvantage for the entire rest of your run because of one very small mistake.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.

Goodpancakes posted:

They should have paid guns and roses to do a welcome to the gungeon remix of welcome to the jungle. SMH.

They will do the remix for the first paid DLC. Welcome to the Gungle.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Honestly though if you are getting hit a lot then you are never going to fill that extra heart container anyway and you're probably just better off getting some armor drops off the boss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I need advice on dealing with the Cannonbalrog. I don't know what to do about its stupid darkness attack.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I need advice on dealing with the Cannonbalrog. I don't know what to do about its stupid darkness attack.

Stay in the middle of the arena, its shots come from the cardinal directions when it's in that state and rarely converge so it should be easier to roll through them there.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
don't try to walk around the line of cannonballs if you don't have a movespeed boost. just dodge roll through them. also try to pay attention to their exact direction of fire so that their rebound off the wall doesn't hit you while you're dodging the next wave of cannonballs

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hate enemies that break up the flow of the fight by becoming invulnerable, but I rarely get hit by the darkness attack. It's the smoke screen + rolling + circles of bullets that gets me.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I typically just go to a corner and you can dodge roll through the one cannonball that will actually hit you by timing your dodge and dodging at the wall.

Rarely will this gently caress up if he does a very long range attack and then a short range attack, where the cannonballs are oddly spaced.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

parthenocarpy posted:

is there any benefit to charging the compressed air gun?

anyone?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

FactsAreUseless posted:

You might want to consider using the doorway. Before I got used to dealing with the red bouncing balls I ducked in there. It was uncommon for a ball to roll inside in which case you back up to the door and dodge roll.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

I've never got it but I'm imagining pushing things off cliffs.

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down

Broken Cog posted:

It's incredibly powerful with m+kb, since once you get used to it, you can just jump to anywhere on the screen in an instant at any time.

Having picked the thing up in my latest run, I can safely categorize it as one of those items that would be absolutely amazing if I were better at the game. Picking it up right before taking on Wallmonger doesn't rank among my smartest moves. I could see it being amazing against Kill Pillars or the High Dragun though.

As an aside, does anybody else consider killing the adds against Ammoconda to be a waste? I emptied like two clips from the MAC10 into one and it was still alive. Their health is ridiculous and whatever damage you deal to the boss with the same amount of time/ammo as killing those annoying little turds takes greatly outweighs the benefit the boss gets from eating it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In addition to getting health and more dangerous attacks for awhile, it grows another segment when it eats a thing so the difference can be more significant than it seems.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jesus the High Priest's darkness move is a crock of poo poo. I think every time I've beaten the guy it's just because I could DPS him down before he cycled into it.

Also I'm not sure if it was tweaked or if things just clicked, but I went from never acing a Winchester challenge in 117 runs (I never have gotten them with flight) from acing ones back to back in runs 118 and 119.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Interesting interaction: if you are holding the Siren and fall into a pit that contains water (or toxic sludge), you don't take damage!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Drone Incognito posted:

They will do the remix for the first paid DLC. Welcome to the Gungle.

Except they'll pronounce it "gun-gull".

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Floodkiller posted:

Interesting interaction: if you are holding the Siren and fall into a pit that contains water (or toxic sludge), you don't take damage!

It stops all fall damage. It even says so in its ammonomicon description.

As for why it has that total non-sequitur effect? No clue.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

After 92 deaths, I have finally won a game! What won the day was sheer incredible DPS power due to having serious cannon, shadow bullets, backup gun and quick holster. I even hosed up and ate more than two spice (first time finding them) and I still murdered everything. Barely needed anything else. I even managed to have the complete bullet before ever succeeding at beating the Dragun! What is the non-bullet ending like?

By the way, in a previous run something... Odd happened. I dunno if everyone already knows about it, but apparently the sniper rifle has some sort of hidden synergy with the muscle relaxant pill. Or maybe it's because I had both that AND the scope. I don't know. What I do know is something about that combo turned the sniper rifle from a 'okay i guess' weapon to a proper goddamn one-shotting sniper rifle. It was killing regular enemies with one shot, shotgun bulletkin with 2 and most big enemies with 3 tops. All the way down to the forge, where I died due to messing up some stupid bullshit.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mimic tooth necklace + Ring of Mimic Friendship = every chest is just sitting there unlocked for you :)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
How does Duct Tape work? I combined The Scrambler with Hexagun, then later on got the Cactus and wondered what would've happened if I combined the Cactus with The Scrambler. Would it be non-stop eggs and so many homing bullets I broke the game? Or is it just one egg per reload?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Clip sizes are respected for the gun that you stick to another gun. You'd have to reload to keep using the scrambler so after one round you'd be out of scrambler shots on the cactus scrambler since you can't reload. Try sticking the scrambler to a fast reload single shot like the crossbow though for a good time.

e: your hexagun scrambler combo is pretty good imo

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 29, 2016

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

So I found a ring that increases your max damage for every weapon you find, then I found clone. I did almost two full runs through the entire game, twice through the sewer and once through the abbey, got 8 flawless kills, 14 max health, +1 bullets, owlet, wax wings, found 3 shooting ranges and got 4/4 on all of them because wax wings, a demon market, and ended up with over 50 guns&items at the end, and enough damage to one shot shotgun enemies with the tangler. That run went well. :eyepop:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Uh, so, the only past that i ever died on was the pilot's back before it counted for the achievement. So now that i completed all the character's pasts once, i thought to go for a quick jaunt with the hunter to get to the Gun and suicide in the past for the achievement.

I, uh.... i didn't quite get to the Gun. There was kind of a hand in the way. And even after getting rid of the hand i didn't have a chance to go into the past anymore.
So, how can i reach the Gun with a character whose past i've already completed?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Walk around it. Seriously.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Don't walk into the bullet hell portal . Go around it.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

Don't walk into the bullet hell portal . Go around it.

To be fair, you don't know to walk around the first time it happens because it grabs you through the normal floor instead of a foreboding portal, which is pretty funny.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

So I had a map generate like this yesterday:

That's the exit down to level 2. I'm assuming that's a bug, right? Also, kinda dirty that they hid a secret room in the elevator room.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I used to always get caught by Mimics. I stopped playing and did a playthrough of Dark Souls 3. Mimics will never catch me again.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Floodkiller posted:

To be fair, you don't know to walk around the first time it happens because it grabs you through the normal floor instead of a foreboding portal, which is pretty funny.

You can't actually walk around it the first time, the hand will grab you as soon as you try to cross that particular platform. I knew about it, and wanted to do the Time Paradox achievement first, so I tried going around on the left.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Mylan posted:

kinda dirty that they hid a secret room in the elevator room.

Secret rooms seem to prioritize chest rooms first, then rooms with NPC shops other than the main shop, then other special rooms like shrines, the exit elevator, and even the boss room. It's rare that I find one that isn't branching out of one of those rooms.

For that matter, if a shrine room has a path leading to a blank wall, that's generally a dead giveaway that there's a secret room there.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't think that the secret room "favors" any particular type of room, it's just that some rooms make them easier to spot. Treasure rooms, shops, special rooms, and exits are usually on the fringes of the map which gives space for the secret room to generate there, though.

I also had a weird floor recently. The exit had an adjacent room (the lady vendor with the cursed items room) and then that room had the secret room next to it. In my more than 200 runs I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've seen the military orc and the goop squid show up adjacent to the exit elevator a few times. The door was usually locked.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Finally, me going to the Abbey every run has been rewarded

Also, they fixed the Gun Soul, and it's an interesting item.
Basically, when you die, you respawn at the start of the floor with 1 heart and yuor starter gun/items. If you make it back to the room you died (all enemies respawn), you gain back all your health and items, if not it's game over. Pretty neat Dark Souls reference.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Broken Cog posted:

Basically, when you die, you respawn at the start of the floor with 1 heart and yuor starter gun/items. If you make it back to the room you died (all enemies respawn), you gain back all your health and items, if not it's game over. Pretty neat Dark Souls reference.

Yeah Gun Soul kinda sucks when you die halfway into bullet hell...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Broken Cog posted:

This seems kinda useless unless you're suiciding on the first room of a tough floor. I had it proc on a Kill Pillars fight yesterday and was excited until I saw the respawns.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Power of Pecota posted:

suiciding on the first room of a tough floor

Yeah do this when you have Gun Soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah do this when you have Gun Soul

Do you get soemthing out of it? I'm confused. It seems like you'd be exactly where you were before the suicide.